[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Gundam IBO (Iron Blooded Orphans)
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 40
File: 1453051283809.gif (451 KB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453051283809.gif
451 KB, 640x360
At least it was better than The Force Awakens
>>
File: ah shit.jpg (137 KB, 480x854) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ah shit.jpg
137 KB, 480x854
>IBO
>better than Force Awakens
>>
I didn't think The Force Awakens was bad. I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing, but pretty good. IBO is garbage.
>>
>>13763555
That's not saying much. G-Reco was better than The Force Awakens.

The only good parts of TFA were Kylo Ren and Rakata Prime.
>>
>>13763573
I am enjoying IBO. But I also haven't watched a Gundam series in six years. So it may be shit and I just don't notice it.
>>
It's funny cause IBO and TFA have something in common: they're both playing it safe.
>>
Both are "What were they thinking?" tier
>>
>>13763687
TFA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4
IBO: "Jesus Fucking Christ I didn't know anything could tank harder than AGE! Hurry the fuck up, we need something new!"
>>
>>13763700
I just want my Gundam in a fantasy-like setting. Why can't Sunrise/Bandai understand? Do they not like my money?
>>
>>13763663

More likely "playing it slow" for IBO and they are not building up much with all that wasted screentime.
>>
File: 1446395937291.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446395937291.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>McGillis wears the mask for two episodes until he no longer needs to be incognito
>throws it away
>"What a silly thing."

How ass ravaged would /m/ be?
>>
>>13763620
G-Reco is easily one of the Best Gundams up with 0079 and Turn A though, its not a fair comparison. should have said G-Reco is on par with Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>13763866
>G-Reco is on par with Empire Strikes Back
Don't compare G-reco with trash made by EVIL ADULTS.
>>
File: kiraboshi.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kiraboshi.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>13763555
>>
>>13763865

How do we know its him again?
>>
>>13763875
It is the biggest secret since Mr. Bushido's true identity
>>
File: 1348882085579.png (90 KB, 663x533) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1348882085579.png
90 KB, 663x533
>>13763573
>The Force Awakens
>pretty good
>>
>>13763881
>using Grievous (aka biggest jobber in the galaxy) as a reply
>>
>>13763875
The PV of the last episode basically gave it away.
>>
>>13763555
Why did it have eye shutters?
>>
>>13763907
So he can suggestively wink at lolis.
>>
>>13763891

oh. I don't watch the previews
>>
Why did McMask help Kudelia?
>>
>>13763555
I don't think a feature-length film can really compete with episodic television programs when it comes to story telling.
>>
>>13763891
What if there are Two twin McGillis bros, like an amalgation of the Frost Brothers and Zechs and Treize. That is how one can be romancing a loli while the other is harassing a cake at the same.
>>
>>13763663

> A Gundam show with less mobile suits that regularly goes several episodes in a row without a mobile suit battle, where the Char isn't even a villain and the main characters aren't some super soldiers that are going to stop a massive war single handed
> playing it safe

IBO may be many things and there's definitely a lot of people that dislike it for legitimate reasons, but safe isn't really one of them.

>>13763865

Pretty happy actually, and minus the "silly thing" comment is what I'm assuming will happen. He's having too much fun to make that comment. He might dig it out again in a few episodes to prove to Kudelia he's the one who helped her, but I can't see him using it for long since outside of this one instance he has no real reason to disguise himself.

>>13763951

He knew Nobliss was planning to use Fumitan to help assassinate her and wants her alive as a tool to help him reform Gjallarhorn in some fashion. He presumably doesn't need her to do anything specific to say he let her go, just to continue doing what she's doing - which is mostly existing for other people to fight over and keep them distracted by the looks of things.
>>
mcgillis is kudelias long lost brother
his wig was taken from azee's long lost brother
the pigman is another of biscuits long lost brothers
>>
>>13763560
> star wars having something more intresting than beam sabers
Kek
>>
>>13763620
>good parts
When was the last time you saw a good anime normie ?
>>
>>13763555
TFA was fucking amazing, alright.
>>
>>13764377
>Kylo Ren couldn't kill his father
>Han Solo had to help him
>tfa amazing
Kek
>>
File: skek ytrof.jpg (35 KB, 321x282) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
skek ytrof.jpg
35 KB, 321x282
>>13764409
>nitpicking
>>
>>13763555

All those idiots who thought that IBO wouldn't have a masked character.

I suspect the mask itself will only be around for a few episodes, but the damage is done. Banrise played the HE IS A CHAR card.

That completes Gundam Bingo. Iron Blooded Orphans could not escape its fate.
>>
>>13764377
>plot holes out the ass
>Finn is inexplicably not a properly brainwashed stormtrooper and decides the best way to "do the right thing" is to off his buddies
>fanfuccbois say you need to read the NOVELS to get the movie characterization and can't get big dicks with STAR WARS tattooed on them out of their brains because they're so awash with homo-pleasure
>characterization is balls and script is horrendous
>Boyega is either a ham actor or his script makes him look like it with his shitty humor lines
>it's fucking A New Hope with excessive liberties taken to make it not-A New Hope-the-remake
Man, you have shit taste. Just because it has Star Wars on the label doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>13764377
>TFA was fucking amazing
>fucking amazing
alright maybe. Certainly not anywhere near amazing. It's the first movie again with a bigger less sensible Deathstar.
>>
Go fuck yourself McGillis. You can't dress up like that and not have a bunch of guys behind you playing shamisen and drums.
>>
>>13763720
>Do they not like my money?

Unless you're sitting on a whole mountain of it...probably not.
Remember, chances are it'd cost more to make than you can provide them.
>>
>>13764413
>nitpicking
>talking about tge least boring scene in the entire movie
Muh C3PO dead ... nope he is alive
Searching for Skywalker aka cuck journey
Wanna be Darth Vader
SJW stromtropper
Not even getting fug the so called savior
Please normie
>>
>>13763720
>I just want my Gundam in a fantasy-like setting
That sounds stupid. It's gundam. It's a series you predominantly go to for "real" robots that are ostensibly srs bns military weaponry, not magi-tech.
SD and Build Fighters get an aside because they're contributory to the franchise toy sales.

If you want giant fantasy robots, go read some LNs or suffer through Escaflowne.
>>
>>13764432
>cuck journey
>cuck

Do you even know what that word means? Or are you just using it cause everyone on the internet is now?

>SJW stromtropper
Well, when you don't have cloning tanks, or complete rule over the galaxy, you can't afford to be particularly picky about who you're conscripting, can you?

>Not even getting fug the so called savior
You wanna try this one again in something we can understand?
>>
>>13764432
> cuck
> SJW
> getting fug
I refuse to continue this discussion.
>>
>>13764436

If it can have G Gundam, it can have a fantasy show frankly.
>>
>>13764446
There's only been one G Gundam. There's never been a similar once since. It's just not a formula for Gundam, even if it was moderately successful.
>>
>>13763555
The Force Awakens has Harrison Ford as Han Solo. And mecha were moving.
>>
>>13764432
>>13764437
>>13764440
The movie is so boring my brain cant even type right
Atlest Colbert is more entertaining
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6kD4xfJyuR0
Its ok just admit that your normies and move on
>>
>>13764456
You know, I hated that movie since it shat the bed on what it could have been (and I can't get over my autism with Finn/Boyega's poor character building and absolutely horrendous attempts at humor in the script), but you're hurting our position by talking like a particularly undereducated /pol/lack.
>>
>>13764456
If that's all it took for your brain to not even type right (your words) then the movie's not the problem. That suggests you may have some possible neurological issues.

If a movie can damage your
>linking to Colbert to explain

Wait, now I see it. You're just lazy.
>>
>>13764461
>undereducated /pol/lack.
My smarphone is for ants and im to sleepy to correct my grammar.
Haven't been in weeks on /m/
Whats with this tfa fapfest??
>>
>>13764448

So what? It's been done once and there's no reason it can't be done again. It not being a part of the formula doesn't mean it can't be if someone at Sunrise or Bandai wants it to be. And given that Tomino wants to make a fantasy mecha show and Sunrise probably want him to work on Gundam shows and not just make an unrelated show I'd say there's a good chance we might end up getting one in the next few years.
>>
>>13764465
>fapfest

You said to a guy who started by saying he didn't like the movie.
Get some sleep. You're only making yourself look worse the more you try to dig out.
>>
>>13764464
>linking to Colbert to explain
Colber was more entertaining than that entire movie
He should definetly direct the next one
Only normies liked tfa aka a not! New hope remake
>>
>>13763573
TFA was overall watchable. The second half is a snoozefest though nowhere as hard as IBO.
>>
>>13763720
Good, then current rumor is that Tomino is planning on doing a fantasy theme mecha once he's done with the G-Reco movies.

Enjoy your Dunbine.
>>
Can we just all agree Star Wars and Gundam are both shit
>>
>>13764468
>try to dig out.
I would like to reming you that Gundam is about giant robots doing things that tanks and planes can do more efficently.
The fact that i cannot enjoy Tfa has everything to do with the writing.
>>
>>13764486
remind*
Well i fucked again and it was still a better fuck than Kyle Ren
>>
>>13764486
How do those points even work?
No. Really. Go get some sleep. You're not even making sense any more. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.
Put down the phone. Put your head on the pillow. Close your eyes. Get some fucking rest. Try it again when you're something close to lucid and can actually bother to make sure your posts make sense.
>>
>>13764494
>thinking a gundam is the ideal weapon irl warfare
Somebody needs sleep but it aint me
Kek
>>
>>13764502

Not him, but that's clearly not actually what he's saying. Pointing out that Gundams are unrealistic is in no way a refutation of the fact that you responded to a guy saying that The Force Awakens is crap by arguing that /m/ was jacking off to it. You're not capable of following your own line of argument anymore, never mind anyone else's and it's obviously time to walk away until your mind is better able to process things.
>>
>>13763651
Going from G Reco to IBO was such a let down. I kind of didn't really care about G Reco as it went along but the suit designs and art direction was really good. IBO is kind of boring. I don't hate it though it's just doesn't have that spark for me.
>>
>>13764511
>>13764511
>Gundams are unrealistic
This is about entertaiment if something as stupid as Gundam can entertain me its ok. But how come SW can't. In all honesty SW is most likely how the futere will be and it fails to entertain me.
>The Force Awakens is crap by arguing that /m/ was jacking off to it
I just saw some threads on /m/ with adulation over tfa and im confused. I saw the movie 2 weeks ago and the hype was pretty much contained in the general. I dont get why everybody has the need to still jerk around it. Its done! we saw it move on!
>>
>>13764535
Future*
>>
>>13764535
>I saw the movie 2 weeks ago and the hype was pretty much contained in the general. I dont get why everybody has the need to still jerk around it. Its done! we saw it move on!

You're saying on a board where people will still make threads praising shows 20-30 years old.

Again, for your own sake. Cut your losses here.
>>
The memes aside, I am really enjoying IBO. Everytime someone says that, people are instantly shitting them or calling them names.

Same shit happened with G-Reco where anons would actually question why you liked this series.
>>
>>13764535
>In all honesty SW is most likely how the futere will be

No, given our current state our future will be never getting off this rock until it's far too late to matter.
>>
>>13764528
>IBO is kind of boring
Is it really. Yeah this series is only 25 episodes so you would want a little more mecha fight and the writers have little time for that since SoL & PLOT but in all seriousness the pacing fells just like a regular gundam show.
>>
>>13764563
>the pacing fells just like a regular gundam show

Which is something of a problem if it's only 25 episodes.
If you know the show is 50, this pace is a little easier to forgive because you know it's a longer trip. IBO, meanwhile, unless they're planning a 00 extension, is already more than half over. Most Gundam shows have gotten further by this point.

Alternately, this go the King Gainer route and after spending most of its run taking its sweet time, have to stomp on the gas for the last arc.
>>
>>13764561
Elon Musk will save us anon pic related
>>13764554
>shows 20-30 years old
Yeah but Getter Robot is a show that is on a better quality than tfa. Tfa is just a quick cash grab imho.I guess im not the targeted audience
>>
>>13764585
>>
>>13764578
Any chance for second season with a timeskip ?
Yfw Atra has boobs
>>
>>13764594

It isn't confirmed to have a second season. We don't know yet.
>>
>>13764587
Will our souls finally stop being weighted down by gravity?
>>
File: Pepe Gundam.png (129 KB, 360x406) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pepe Gundam.png
129 KB, 360x406
A guy at /a/ said that a leak on 2ch said that birdman is Mackys twin brother

Discuss
>>
>>13764585

The Force Awakens is a new and very commercially successful entry in an old and very beloved franchise. It's actual quality doesn't mean shit, it'll still generate a lot of talk for at least a few weeks after it's release. It's the same reason new Gundam entries get a lot of discussion around the time of their release regardless of their actual quality. People like to talk about stuff they like (in this case, an entire franchise), even the parts (or entries) that aren't as good. It's why we still get the occasional AGE or Try threads every few weeks and they had regular threads during their release despite most people agreeing they're atrocious shit.
>>
>>13764594
> a timeskip
> ever
>>
>>13764602
>A guy at /a/ said that a leak on 2ch said that birdman is Mackys twin brother
My sides.
>>
>>13764602
>>13764609
who's macky?
>>
File: 1451367452433.jpg (127 KB, 600x929) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451367452433.jpg
127 KB, 600x929
>>13764610
Kek
>>
File: ~Mackyyy~.jpg (26 KB, 736x370) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
~Mackyyy~.jpg
26 KB, 736x370
>>13764610
>>
>>13764602

A guy I was blowing in a back alley said his brother's dog's girlfriend's cousin's sister's uncle's best friend works at the cafe next door to the place that provides pixels to Sunrise's accounting office and they said that Fumitan is going to be resurrected to serve as a psycho-soldier in the finale.

Discuss.
>>
>>13764610

hahaha

If that is true, this series is just hilarious.
>>
File: laughing gundams.jpg (239 KB, 632x483) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
laughing gundams.jpg
239 KB, 632x483
>>13764617
>chocolate lolicon's
>>
>>13764621
My grandpa is Tomino and he told me that next year he is going to do a new Gundam series having a female MC. Discuss
>>
>>13764632

Yea, while Tomino is my pet monkey and he told me that his next series will have a trap main character piloting a self aware robot with gender identity issues and they fall in love with each other. Discuss.
>>
File: 1452508817997.jpg (130 KB, 640x417) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452508817997.jpg
130 KB, 640x417
>>13764617
>>
Say, does anyone know when Blue Encount's single, Survivor will be release or if the pv version of the song is out yet?
>>
>>13764689
>>13764620
>>13764617
He is seriously one of the most uninteresting Chars. Aside being a pedo he doesn't have much to his personality.
>>
>>13764742

> Chars having personality

top kek
>>
How does no one know how Kudelia looks?
>>
>IBO
To much exposition for slow anime fags.
>>
>>13764815
Smartphones must be more expensive than Gundams
>>
>>13764815

Digital information is difficult to transmit between colonies due to the interference caused by the use of ahab reactors, so most people rely on word of mouth for a lot of news. Which is why Kudelia's reputation has become such a viral thing: because some people that saw it thought it was a really nice sentiment and told a few other people about it when the went off planet and the more it was told the more it grew to the point that it become a lot more powerful as a meme than it was ever intended to be by the person saying it.
>>
File: 96.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
96.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>>13764846
>Digital information is difficult to transmit between colonies due to the interference caused by the use of ahab reactors
Dude, Musashi's brother had a photo of Tekkadan's ship. That surely was more useful than Kudelia's face.
>>
>>13764866

Tekkadan's ship was also in the docking bay at the time and as far as we know using it's registered name and not attempting to hide it's identity in any way, shape or form. That even looks like a picture of it in a docking bay.
>>
>>13764881
>Tekkadan's ship was also in the docking bay
Isn't that on the other colony?

> as far as we know using it's registered name and not attempting to hide it's identity in any way, shape or form
Which means someone got that info from Mars or the old CGS's boss in order to recognize it, right?
How hard was to get Kudelia's face with that?

Also, now that you say it. Why aren't they hiding their identity even though they know there is a leak on their side?
>>
>>13764893

The other colony is only a short ride of a shuttle away, so that makes no difference. They're not hiding who they are because they're a public company and trying to make a living and reputation as a legitimate business and as far as they know there's nothing particularly dangerous about going to the Dort colonies that would require them to forsake that goal since all they're planning on doing there is making a, as far as they're concerned, legitimate delivery and buying some supplies.

All anyone had to transmit from Mars was the name of the company and their ship, which could be delivered in person if need be and which Nobliss presumably supplied. Why he didn't supply a picture of her I've no idea, but he doesn't seem to have much, if any, personal contact with her, so it's entirely possible he just doesn't have one. She's not a major public figure after all. She just made one speech that people have blown way out of proportion or even her own expectation, mostly because Nobliss and others want to use her as a martyr and are deliberately making it a meme themselves by the looks of things. It's a stretch, but not one I'm bothered by honestly. There's far worse things in the show to get annoyed at, like both Biscuit and Akihiro having brothers they never mention until 10 seconds before they meet them. Goddamn that's some lazy writing.
>>
>>13764930
>they're a public company and trying to make a living and reputation as a legitimate business
But they are also shipping Kudelia to Earth. And they know someone is after her, because the pirates had 1) Kudelia's location 2) they knew she was with Tekkadan.
So, it seems crazy not to hide who you are under these circumstances.

> as far as they know there's nothing particularly dangerous about going to the Dort colonies that would require them to forsake that goal since all they're planning on doing there is making a, as far as they're concerned, legitimate delivery and buying some supplies.
Aren't those under notTitans control? Same noTitans that tried to kill Kudelia on Mars?
I would worry a bit.

> but he doesn't seem to have much, if any, personal contact with her, so it's entirely possible he just doesn't have one.
What exactly is Fumitan supposed to do? What is the point of having a spy with her if he doesn't even have a photo of Kudelia?
And I think we have also seen the old man talking with Kudelia at the beginning of the series.
>>
>>13764953

The entire setting is controlled by Gjallarhorn, outside of maybe Jupiter. So saying the Dort colonies are controlled by them means nothing, because everywhere is.They know that someone is after Kudelia, but being that they're a security company and trying to make a name for themselves AS a security company as well as traders (which is more incidental and just a way to make money in the meantime really) they don't have a problem with that because fending off those attacks is quite literally their job, one that they're prepared to do and confident in their skill to carry out. They can't make a name for themselves if they just disappear off the radar and then re-appear with her since clients will have nothing to assure them Tekkadan are capable of handling themselves in an actual fight.

Additionally they may have orders from Teiwaz to not do so, and to make everything as legitimate as possible. They don't need to do so though, because making a very public delivery of Kudelia is a lot more high profile advertisement of their company, which is their main priority, will get them a lot more than doing a low key one. It's risky, but they're all willing to take that risk, Kudelia included so as long as they're aware of it then it doesn't really matter.

Fumitan is his spy, but Fumitan is still beholden to the same rules regarding data transmission through ahab waves as anyone else. She was only able to transmit basic navigational data and some very small text using a full on military battleship so photos are probably out of the question.
>>
The most likely explanation for why they don't know Kudelia's face is that the bosses know and when they got a call from a contact promising he had Kudelia they just sent a couple of muscle over immediately telling them that he had her for them. They trusted him to know what she looked like already and to direct their guys to her.
>>
>>13764998
There is a little difference between what you are saying and Biscuit talking on a random phone and announcing he is with Tekkadan. He is asking for trouble.
Also, getting a name for themselves, doesn't mean they have to broadcast live their travel with Kudelia. A certain degree of secrecy is required in this kind work.

>Additionally they may have orders from Teiwaz to not do so
I don't remember this being ever implied.

> because making a very public delivery of Kudelia is a lot more high profile advertisement of their company
If they were a big company like Teiwaz you would have a point. But they literally have 3 Mobile Suits and are fighting an army that controls the entire solar system.
Taking credit for her safe delivery LATER when the job is done would be much better for their reputation.
And it is not like announcing they are Tekkadan did any good to them. Look at what happened with Atra. It was the obvious outcome.

>She was only able to transmit basic navigational data and some very small text using a full on military battleship so photos are probably out of the question.
She was Kudelia's maid waaaay before she met Tekkadan though.
>>
>>13764563
For interpersonals perhaps, but most shows have been through several space battles and some sort of ground arc by now. The battles in IBO can be counted on one hand.

Hell, most Gundam shows had a battle of some sort pretty much -every- episode.
>>
>>13765030
>not briefing your soldier before a mission
>>
>Hating TFA
Looks like /tv/ is in this thread.
>>
>>13765051

Biscuit announced who he is on the phone because he wanted to make a good impression on his brother and show him that he'd made something of himself since they'd last met. He makes no bones about that throughout the episode. He wants his brother to be proud of him and the only thing he has is his job in Tekkadan so he uses that. It might not be the smartest decision in the world, but he has good reason to do so. And while they could still make a name for themselves by hiding themselves entirely and just turning up with Kudelia they'll make more of a name for themselves by turning up with her after not hiding it. High risk, high reward. Which basically comprises everything Tekkadan have ever done, and they've even discussed this on a handful of occasions during the show - with Kudelia agreeing to it when it's come up and also stating that she's willing to risk her life for Tekkadan. They still took some security measures as is, assigning a bodyguard to Kudelia and setting up regular security checks to ensure that everything was okay, which is enough for what the show is shooting for really.

It's never implied that Teiwaz asked them not to hide it, but I never said it was - only that it's a possible fluff reason if you want one. I also said it wasn't necessary however, because looking at the characters as they're established in the show, making high risk gambits and not being completely aware and intelligent in their decision making is an actual established part of their nature. They have no doctor or accountant on board, they ran out of money without even realizing it, they've made risky calls to get themselves their own company and stewardship from a bigger name and so on throughout. Nothing they did in Dort 2 or 3 is at all at odds with how the show has portrayed them from day one.
>>
>>13765530

Yea, they only have 3 mobile suits, but they were willing to take on Gjallarhorn with just one because they're young, dumb and just too tired of being shit on to care. And it's worked for them so far, so they've no reason to suppose they can't pull it off frankly. The only reason they're not being more involved in events on Dort 2 with the workers is because their brother Naze asked them not to.

As for Fumitan, the reason I mentioned that she was only able to get basic information out even on a military ship is because a military ship is likely to have a lot more facility to do so than even a rich civilian. She has been Kudelia's maid for several years, but the probability is that she hasn't been able to get much more than the most basic textual information both to and from her masters in that time given the way information transactions across space are presented in the show. Assuming Nobliss is on Earth at least, which it's almost guaranteed he is.
>>
>>13765533
it makes literally no sense for them to not just crush tekkadan right now with like 5000 mobile suits
>>
>>13765732

Bureaucracy is a hell of a thing anon. It was what prevented Gaelio from trying to do that, though with only a handful of suits in his case since he's not able to requisition even close to that many. The thing is, most of Gjallarhorn don't give two flying fucks about Kudelia or Tekkadan. Coral wanted to martyr her to advance his own personal position while McGillis wants to use her as a tool to reform Gjallarhorn and Gaelio just hates Tekkadan for embarrassing him. They're all personal motives of individuals though. The actual organization as a whole, or even local branches of it don't care about her at all so there's no reason for them to waste the resources doing so, or allow any individuals within it, even high ranking ones to do so without good reason. Which they do not, at present have.
>>
The thing i find even less believable than gallahorn soldiers not knowing what kudelia looks like is fumitan or anyone really feeling even the tiniest bit bad about leading kudelia to her death.
>>
>>13764432
>Searching for Skywalker aka cuck journey
So whose's being cucked here?

>Wanna be Darth Vader
To be fair, Vader was pretty epic and virtually iconic to the series.

>SJW stromtropper
Just because a man isn't white

Seriously, get a life.

>it's fucking A New Hope with excessive liberties taken to make it not-A New Hope-the-remake

Which is what it was trying to be. After that mess that was the prequel trilogy, JJ Abrams was trying to remind us of when Star Wars was good.

>Boyega is either a ham actor or his script makes him look like it with his shitty humor lines

It's Star Wars, you kind of need to ham it up.

>characterization is balls and script is horrendous

Really? What makes you say that?
>>
File: 111111.jpg (71 KB, 469x449) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
111111.jpg
71 KB, 469x449
>>13764432
>>
File: 1447037343368.png (598 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447037343368.png
598 KB, 1280x720
>>13764742
Eh, I see it more as him being low key. We don't even really know what his goal is so far and he doesn't even seem particularly interested in fighting.

If I had to guess, he's trying to manipulate the events to make it possible for him to rise to the top of Gjallarhorn. Which probably involved throwing his adoptive father under the bus.

Besides we all know who the true Char is...
>>
>>13766211
Fumitan has most definitely been pulling the Char card.
>>
File: 513px-496729642.jpg (37 KB, 513x385) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
513px-496729642.jpg
37 KB, 513x385
why the fuck is /tv/ here?
>>
File: Reiji_Miyabi_2.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Reiji_Miyabi_2.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>13763874

Based villain. As soon as his big evil plan comes to fruition he rebukes all the kids for wearing masks and reminds them how old they all are.

It was only ever a means to an end for him, not a costume of preference or sheer flamboyance.
>>
>>13764377
It's not Heir to the Empire you fucking pleb
>>
Who is the Char of the Prequels?
>>
>>13766567
Sy Snoodles
>>
I don't know why you guys think IBO is somehow worse than AGE.

I'm not saying IBO's the best, but AGE was fucking trash.
>>
>>13766616
AGE is the only Gundam I haven't watched. I know I have shit taste (since I defended IBO at first), but IBO is the worst Gundam I have watched. The last 2 episodes have been a little better but the animation is garbage as usual.
>>
>>13766642
>The last 2 episodes have been a little better but the animation is garbage as usual.

Like what?
>>
>>13766699
What's better or whats garbage?
>>
>>13766711
The animation thing.
>>
>>13764377

>DID YOU SEE THE OLD MOVIES? THIS THING IS JUST LIKE IN THE OLD MOVIES!

just goes to show you that plebs can't handle a new entry in a loved franchise unless it doesn't move an inch out of line.
>>
>>13764825

>this is an ancient phone, from the network wars 300 years ago, but it's still more powerful than any modern phone!
>>
Im really liking IBO

yeah sure its a little slow but I really, really like the characters so I could give less of a shit.

The only thing is if they are going to be this slow about it IT FUCKING NEEDS 50 EPISODES

What the fuck are they thinking.
>>
>>13767042

>I really, really like the characters

how can you really, really like the same generic anime characters you have seen 100 times
>>
>>13767048
Because I can enjoy things
>>
>>13767051
>Because I like to swallow the same shit over and over
>>
>>13767061
>he thinks IBO is shit
>he comes to these threads to tell people its shit
>instead of hiding the thread
>instead of going outside
>instead of doing anything else
>he comes to these threads to tell people its shit

okay baud
>>
>>13767051

that's why I asked how

what is it about them that you like? the familiarity?
>>
>>13767065

>he thinks IBO is good
>he comes to these threads to tell people its good
>instead of hiding the thread
>instead of going outside
>instead of doing anything else
>he comes to these threads to tell people its good
>and make retarded arguments
>>
>>13767051
>Because I can enjoy things
GET
THE
FUCK
OUT
You don't belong here! I'm not even fucking being ironic.
If you're not a snob, get out.
>>
>>13767065
>>he thinks IBO is shit
IBO isn't really shit; it's just "not good." It's mediocre.
I mean, there's nothing terrible going on, save for the fact that it's watchable but ultimately fairly uninteresting.
>>
>>13767048
The cast is actually pretty original it's where they went that was garbage. Nothing fucking happened.
>>
>>13767080
I disagree. As much as I like IBO, it's barely better than something like Comet Lucifer. It's shit. It's awful. It's not worth a fraction of the $70 or so BD's that they sell. It has very few redeeming factors that, if you're lucky, will resonate with you and you'll somehow enjoy it. It's not like Reco which, while deeply flawed, was still an ok show. It's a bad show, with some redeeming factors.
>>
>>13764471
>using 'normies' unironically.

Found the normalfag
>>
>>13764742
>Aside being a pedo

Even that's taken from Char
>>
>>13767051
It's good that you can enjoy things and be happy, I suggest you get out of /m/ then if you enjoy stuff.
>>
Has the connection between Alaya-Vijnana and Gundams been explained yet? There was something about it being developed to counter the effects of two Ahab reactors on the pilot's health, but is it necessary to properly use a Gundam?

I rewatched episode 12 and the Gusion pilot didn't have A-V and he didn't seem very inconvenienced. Maybe Gusion jobbed so much because its pilot had no A-V?
Gaelio also doesn't have it and it seems he has never used Kimaris before. I hope he survives the first run and doesn't bleed out from every possible orifice.
>>
>>13768734
What? There are no robots on IBO kek.
>>
>Not enough robots in IBO.
>I want my robots.
>IBO is crap. G-Reco and 00 were god tier.
>>
>>13767051
>Because I can enjoy things

That isn't even an awnser really. What do you enjoy about them, or do you just turn your mind off and say fuck it who cares?
>>
>>13767133
>normalfag
Im anything but normal. I enjoy my life 16 hour per day. 7 days per week watching anime qnd cartoons and complain on 4chan how SW fx are for normal fags
>>
>>13768881

Not him, but I wouldn't want to answer the question either, at least as >>13767048 asked it, especially with subsequent responses, since he'd more than likely just green text a response or ignore everything you wrote to shit on it regardless of how well formed the response was.
>>
>>13768734
It's not needed to pilot a gundam (gusions pilot didn't have any whiskers).

What was mentioned in show was that Barbatos's system is very strong (Mechanic warns Mika that the strain is much greater than the MW's) and the model manual mentions that Mika can only handle it as well as he does because he has three whiskers which reduces the strain from the gundams systems.

We also see Akihiro, who only has two whiskers, training to use the Gusion with the system and having a lot of difficulty with it (most likely from the strain the system is putting on him).
>>
>>13769628
Or was it Norba we saw training in the Graze? I can't remember for some reason.
>>
>>13763866
>Unironically thinking G-Reco was a good show outside of art/suit design.

I bet you liked the Prequels, too.
>>
I am not understanding the dislike of IBO.

I am assuming people dislike competent, coherent stories?
>>
>>13769728
coherent sure
competent no
>>
>>13769628
>>13769632
It was Norba in the Graze. We haven't seen Akihiro in Gusion Rebake yet.

Interesting, though. I wonder if it will be touched upon in the show itself.
>>
>>13763866
>Turn A
Oh, you're just baiting.

G-Reco is garbage, to be honest family. Even AGE did better.
>>
>>13763720
What exactly do you mean by fantasy-like?
>>
File: 1452619980019.jpg (650 KB, 1788x1536) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452619980019.jpg
650 KB, 1788x1536
>>13764594
It's definitely possible. Depends on how well it keeps doing.

It's obviously not a second 00, but hell, G-Reco and The Origin both got greenlit.
>>
I'm still laughing at how the revenge kid got killed instantly with no effort on Mika's part.
>>
>>13769971
He wants either gundam escaflowne or gundam gate.
>>
>>13769998
Must be some commentary on revenge.
>>
>>13769998
Who?
>>
>>13770054
During the Brewers episodes the one human debris kid kept going on and on about how he was going to get revenge for Pedro (The pilot of the first Man Rodi that Mika killed). Like 2 seconds into the fighting Mika just casually kills the revenge kid and moves onto the next one.
>>
>>13763555
I think this is the worst mask design yet
even chronicles underpants were better
>>
M3 is more Gundam then IBO
>>
>>13770088
Oh, right. I thought you meant somebody who wasn't just a side character.

Shit, Amuro dealt with the Black Tri-Stars with similar expedience, IIRC.
>>
File: 1452879608989.jpg (687 KB, 1013x4000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452879608989.jpg
687 KB, 1013x4000
>>13770098
even dagashi kashi is more gundam thsn IBO
>>
So is anyone else just bored at this point? Because I'd rather prefer Not-Char's antics with SoL fun and his fiancee loli then anything else in this show.
>>
>>13770211
One of my highlights for the week to be honest out of current season's anime. And its better than new Gundam shows like Reconguista in G, both Build Fighters and AGE which is enough for me.
>>
>>13770380
THIS, shame one punch man ended. Only two things i looked forward too. All the other anime pretty recently have been shit
>>
File: 568578578.jpg (81 KB, 476x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
568578578.jpg
81 KB, 476x750
>>13770415
Yeah seriously fuck /m/, this is pretty much the only decent gundam there's been in maybe the past 20 years
>>
>>13770427
>>13770380
>>13770415

fuck off
>>
>>13770427
>the only decent gundam there's been in maybe the past 20 years
>IBO
No
>>
File: HERETIC.jpg (211 KB, 717x588) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HERETIC.jpg
211 KB, 717x588
>>13770427
>only decent gundam
>maybe the past 20 years
>20 years
>including Turn A in that
>>
I'm just happy the show isn't jamming a fight in the last half of every episode like the last few Gundam entries. The minor characters can actually get a little screen time in IBO.
>>
File: latest.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
latest.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>13770450
>turn a
>good
look at this fucking shit, its not even a fucking gundam. this isnt even the worst design in the show
>>
File: SUMO Gundam.jpg (186 KB, 847x942) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SUMO Gundam.jpg
186 KB, 847x942
>>13770479

> identical proportions to original Gundam and most of it's descendants
> uses the same parade colors
> uses the same iconic weapons
> and some of the less iconic weapons

> Nooooo - the v-fin is in a different part of the body, it's completely different and doesn't deserve to be called a Gundam

I'll never understand this view. I am interested to know what you think is the worst looking unit in the show though, since I think Turn-A is one of the shows with a higher proportion of good to bad suit designs. Outside of a purely work related unit like the Rib or something I'm not sure there's a single design in the show that I don't like at least a little.
>>
File: atra cucked.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
atra cucked.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>13770476
yeah I love that mika isnt a complete autist like all the past mc's too. He feels really grounded, its pretty refreshing. the bromance between him and orga is what keeps me watching
>>
>>13770521
>IBO fans
>taste
>>
File: concept-x-612.jpg (55 KB, 246x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
concept-x-612.jpg
55 KB, 246x400
>>13770521
are you serious?? look at this mess, looks likes the whole thing is going to fall apart, doesnt even look like it can move
>>
>>13770427
X, SEED, 00, Unicorn, and AGE were all decent, at least.
>>
>>13770540
>looks likes the whole thing is going to fall apart
Well yeah, that's the point.
>>
>>13770527

I don't even know that I'd term what Mika and Orga have as bromance. Orga feels like he has more of a bromance with Naze at this point, and Mika interacts a lot more with Atra and Kudelia. He probably interacts more with Akihiro at this point really.

>>13770538

I'm the guy you responded to and I like IBO. I don't think it's the best Gundam show by any stretch and the villains are all retarded caricatures so far, but the core cast are interesting and it's good enough that I'm going to keep watching through the end more than likely.

>>13770540

I fail to agree. That's one of the best unit designs in the franchise in my opinion.
>>
>>13770541
>Unicorn
>AGE
>decent
Ehh
>>
>>13770527

>>13770479
>turn A designs
>not the series best
The legs that the mobile suits had was cool as fuck
>>
>>13770569
Well, alright, Unicorn was just okay, and AGE was decent until it fell apart toward the end, but still.
>>
File: TURN X.jpg (176 KB, 765x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TURN X.jpg
176 KB, 765x960
>>13770479
The only good designs in Turn A were the Gold SUMO and the Turn X. And even the Gold SUMO is hindered by Syd Mead's retarded humor.
>hurr where should I put the cockpit
>I KNOW! I'LL PUT IT AT THE MACHINE'S CROTCH, WHERE IT'S BASICALLY COMPLETELY EXPOSED!
>>
File: genius clap.gif (668 KB, 500x470) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
genius clap.gif
668 KB, 500x470
>>13770553
>>
>>13770583
>giant robots are not tactically sound
>>
File: 4746856858.jpg (474 KB, 1250x1771) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4746856858.jpg
474 KB, 1250x1771
>>13770583
I'd still rather take an actual practical design like the barbs or a graze any day of the week
>>
>>13770583

> humor
> not practicality

ZOE put it there for the same reason, because from a practical point of view that's the best place to have it, since it's the center of gravity and puts the least stress on the pilot. Assuming that it has enough protection due to magical space armor isn't really any more of a stretch than assuming anything else about a giant robot war machine in the first place. Especially one that is hundreds of years old and can fly thanks to butterfly wings made up of millions of invisible machines that are far beyond our understanding or technology.

Humor had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>13770614
Yeah, because having the cockpit hanging off the front of the machine is real ingenious. It wouldn't be closer to the center of gravity if it were inside the machine or anything like that.

Also, I was unaware that SUMOs had access to the Moonlight Butterfly. They have that cockpit style too.
>>
>>13770583
>where should I put the cockpit
>I KNOW! I'LL PUT IT AT THE MACHINE'S CROTCH, LOWER TO THE GROUND, WHERE THE PILOT WON'T BE HURLED AROUND LIKE AN ABUSED BABY UNTIL THEIR BRAINS TURN TO SCRAMBLED EGGS!

The higher your cockpit, the more sway your pilot has to deal with. Left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right, back and forth five feet in either direction every fucking second if not less. Fuck that.

Turn A's full of beams. Beams tend not to care about armoring. And it's not like the chest cockpits of other Gundams are particularly defensive, considering you see them open to the front and they've got barely even a foot of material, if that. So now you've got a less-than-armored cockpit door up front, facing the enemy and the direction where most of the fire is coming from, and your pilot right there. No, bad idea.

Cockpits should be low and in the back. Then you can put all your armoring up front and not have to waste space on crew comfort shit or door-opening mechanisms and safeties. A shot's got to get through the front armor and all the internals now to fry your pilot. They can board and exit a mech while under fire because they can expose their most armored side to the enemy while using the whole mech as cover for their escape/entry, and medical or service crews can attend to shit from behind as well even while under fire.

Pilots should be buttplugs.
>>
>>13770427
>the only decent gundam there's been in maybe the past 20 years

Gundam was never decent.
>>
>>13770630
This. I fucking hate Gundam and i think every series is shit but I'll still watch all of it because if I dont i'll feel like i'm missing out on fun posting about these epic trainwrecks!!!
>>
>>13770623

> It wouldn't be closer to the center of gravity if it were inside the machine or anything like that

Correct. Having the cockpit where it is makes it a lot easier to use it as an ejection system too by the way. And again, none of that makes it anything to do with humor. If you're going to rant about it at least rant accurately.
>>
>>13770624

> Cockpits should be in the back

But then they'd be just as vulnerable, only from a different direction. And it's not like they'll only get aimed at from behind occasionally - they'll get aimed at from behind all the time, almost, if not just as much as from the front. The real secret is that you can't really armor to protect from most things and you're simply better off setting the unit up to be able to avoid damage or deal with incidental damage like glancing shots and not worrying too much about dealing with direct shots, since those are almost certainly going to be lethal regardless. It's why planes have never tried to bury the pilot in the middle of a load of metal, because it's going to make the design too impractical and won't do much good regardless. Might as well just put him someplace he can see well and hope both he and the unit are good enough (and lucky enough) to not get hit. Tanks do try and bury people behind a shit load of metal, but even that's only really effective against things much smaller than they are.
>>
>>13770636
Oh, okay. So why does the SUMO have its cockpit at the crotch, if it doesn't have a core fighter system of its own?
>>
>>13770633
>hates a series
>takes the time to watch all of that just to take part in the shitposting

Suddenly I understand pity.
>>
>>13770684
Why build giant robots at all if you can just make tanks and jets?
>>
>>13770729
Don't dodge the question.
>>
File: 1452114785371.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452114785371.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>13770540
>looks likes the whole thing is going to fall apart
>>
>>13770434
Go fuck yourself normie. Why dont you go check your MAL account and pull rank on how many hours you have logged and how much money you've spent on your crunchroll subscription. Quickly though, you mom will be calling you down for hot pockets any minute.

In recent years anime has been pretty fucking awful, you'll get maybe 2-3 well developed shows a year. the rest is fucking garbage. Reconguista, AGE and Build included. At very least IBO isn't shoving the figurine sales down our throats so brazenly.
>>
how is a crotch cockpit any worse than putting the cockpit right in the middle of the biggest and easiest part of the machine to hit which also happens to be right next to all the reactors and shit. To top it off half the ms in gundam have the main torso a completely different colour to the rest of the body or have their cockpits marked with a bright door or green glows gem making it even more obvious where to shoot

And if we want to talk about nonsense design decision how about we keep it on topic and talk about the barbatos ridiculous waist
>>
>>13770684

Who says it can't function as an ejection system of some kind? It might not be a full on core fighter, but there's no reason to assume it can't quickly eject the cockpit in the case of damage to the main suit.
>>
>>13770944
I don't mind it as much on the SUMO, because it isn't really even noticeable, but it just looks retarded on the Turn A. It basically has a Pringles can hanging off of its crotch, with an extremely thin layer of armor covering the pilot.

>>13770967
It doesn't.
>>
>>13771012

The cockpit can already shoot part of it's whole in and out quickly and easily just to let the pilot get in and out as is - saying that it can't do so in an emergency situation when the suit is catastrophically damaged is just being silly. It can obviously do so. They might not have a shell of some kind protecting them and giving them more options like comms, but they can still eject in seconds and much faster and easier than a traditional Gundam cockpit. And given that the entire thing is literally just connected by cables when it ejects the seat arrangement to let the pilot in and out there's no reason to assume that that can't be ejected off the cables to give the pilot some kind of communications or protection too.
>>
>>13771031
You can assume as much, but there's no evidence of it having any sort of ejection system.

Yes, they can get out if it's damaged. That's saying very little.
>>
>>13771054

It's saying enough in my opinion, since they can definitely get out in case of an emergency faster and easier than most mobile suits.
>>
>>13763573
TFA is utter shit, IBO is glorious.
Confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>13771331
>glorious

How can your standards be that low and STILL think TFA is utter shit?
>>
>>13770624
>>13770636

So by all means, Skells and Knightmares nearly have the best cockpit arrangement by your definition?
>>
>>13770944
>how is a crotch cockpit any worse than putting the cockpit right in the middle of the biggest and easiest part of the machine to hit
There is a reason tank drivers sit *inside* the tanks. Even though they're right next to the engine and volatile ammo, it's still safer than riding on the very front of the tank.
>>
>>13771457

Yes, and there's a reason that pilots are right at the front of the machine and only protected by a thin sheet of plastic. Shit, they didn't even have that for a good while.
>>
I can't believe i'm saying this but i decided to watch seed instead. its not terrible yet
>>
>>13770663
>they'll be vulnerable from the rear!
Mechs are already vulnerable from the rear. It doesn't get shot at as often, and if you get hit in your back/ass, there goes your thrusters, you're dead in the water anyway.

How many Gundams do we see take a heat hawk to the chest that goes in just far enough to soup the pilot?

>planes
Fuck, this isn't a plane, no one's looking out of a window (except for Turn A, oddly enough). You have cameras everywhere and video screens up front. Where you are in the mech means jack shit for your visibility when it all comes from your electronics. And don't give me that "if they get fried, we can open the cockpit and aim like that". Not only will that do dick in space due to the obscene distances and shitty human eyes, but even in atmosphere you've got to deal with incredibly offset weaponry you might not even be able to see in your frontal arc to know if they're pointed right, to say nothing of how you're operating arms and weapons when your electronics are fried.

The butt is simply the best.
>>
>>13770527
>the bromance between him and orga is what keeps me watching

They barely fucking talk.
>>
File: sniffsniff.jpg (28 KB, 567x303) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sniffsniff.jpg
28 KB, 567x303
What does Atra's shawty boot smell like /m/?
>>
>>13763876
which is???
>>
File: char_25975.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
char_25975.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
>>13764689
Is that the new federation mobile suit?!
>>
>>13763865
I'd be fine with that because the show was already building up a Not Char and Not Garma. We don't need another Not Char on top of that.
>>
>>13763555 (OP)
I'm okay with McGills wearing a Char mask. It seems that he's a part of some weird counter conspiracy to prevent Aida from getting murdered. And hey, he's done one thing no other Char-ripoff has ever done, including Char himself: wear a goddamn wig with the mask.
>>
Why's the directing so bad? The scene where the guys get the weapons and then the one where they start marching had no intensity to it, but we're now at the climax. Is it so hard to direct drama?
>>
>>13773268
I really hated the lack of urgency after they got caught with the illegal weapons and shot a bunch of guards.
>>
>>13773183
>He tracked her down using her scent
Okay, Mika is basically Wolverine.

All he really lacks is a fat fucking cigar.
>>
>>13773483
And a personality.

Also no, sometimes saying i care in a monotone isn't a personality
>>
>>13773494
Hey, reddit.
>>
>>13773268
>>13773333
it felt to me more like they just could be bothered to animate the shootout and thats why immediately we cut to orga and tekkadan talking. which is just as stupid because theyre standing right in the middle of it.
>>
>>13773832
*couldn't
>>
>>13770603
>practical design
I love Barbs and the Grazes, but fampai, Barbs is anything but "practical" save for it's neurolink stuff.

>>13770613
What's so stupid about a crotchpit? I've never really understood the harping on Turn-A for that. I don't even like the suit myself, but crotchpits are ok, even if they're "not muh gendoom"
>>
>>13767042
The characterization and dialog are fucking awful. You actually have to be retarded to enjoy Okadas attempts at drama and character development, not to mention the offensively bad exposition.
>>
>>13770090
This is the worst mask design.
>>
I really miss the first ED.

ORRRUUUFENZ NAMIDAAAA
>>
>>13778797
You could say the same about Tomino most of the time.
And yet I enjoy both.
Suck it.
>>
>>13779947
>Someone calls Okada shit
>Instead of defending Okada, people bring up Tomino
Excellent.
>>
I'm just glad the plot is finally moving.

I'm still uneasy because you would think they'd have spent all the early episodes at least building up the characters or the setting. Instead the setting is still kind of vague, just this rich vs. poor shit, and the characters are kids who had a hard life with little complexity beyond that.

But at least the plot is moving.

Also Okada should have Fumitan french kiss the derpface princess.
>>
>>13780054
Calling Okada shit means practically nothing since she wrote like a fourth of the series and it lacks all of her usual style and tropes.

It's really just Sunrise grabbing a high profile writer, but that writer being so busy that she can't even give the project much attention.

That show she's doing for Trigger and the Wixoss movie were probably higher on her list of priorities.
>>
>>13780080
>It's really just Sunrise grabbing a high profile writer, but that writer being so busy that she can't even give the project much attention.
Sounds like what happened to A/Z with Aniplex and Urobutchi. Suddenly, the parallels are becoming more apparent.
>>
>>13780080
>she wrote like a fourth of the series
[citation needed]

>it lacks all of her usual style and tropes.
Love triangles, shit on the nice childhood friend, horrible dialog, shit exposition, cheap shots at melodrama. What's missing?
>>
>>13780095

To be fair love triangles where the childhood friend gets shat on is par for the course for Gundam.

Remember when Fraw ended up with Hayato? Motherfucking Hayato. That's arguably the shittiest written romance in the history of Gundam. There was also Zeta where Kamille chases literally every character with a vagina but is repulsed by Fa as though her cunt will kill him on sight.
>>
>>13772457
I started rewatching SEED about halfway through Reco. It gets a lot more hate than it deserves, in my opinion. Much of which is due to the endless repetition of decade-old jokes from back when /m/ was more creative. Yes, the reused footage is excessive. Yes, the two recap episodes back-to-back made me skip forward until the scene where the engineer lady shows Kira around the facilities. No, it's not the worst Gundam show out there. There are at least four I'd put below it (though Orphans is not one of them).

My personal belief is that a lot of it has to do with how many Gundam shows you've watched. If you saw everything in production order and were tired of the standard Gundam formula when you saw Turn A go a completely different direction, then you'd like Turn A and Reco more than 00 or SEED. If you're still eating up the standard Gundam formula and wanting more, then shows like SEED and 00 will appeal more than off-center Gundam shows like Turn A and Reco.
That's not to say that either pair is objectively superior to the other, just that one appeals to viewers who want more Gundam, and the other appeals to viewers who want something different. For me, Orphans is a nice new slant on the standard formula without stepping too far out from what makes me like Gundam.
>>
I understand the dad wanting to kill his daughter because he thinks it will halt the revolution, and I get the giant earlobe fat shit wanting to martyr her as a symbol for the revolution. Both want her dead, but under different circumstances and for different reasons.

So earlobes through a dummy corp supplies a bunch of weapons to Teiwaz to ship to the rebel union on the colony. Plan I assume is that the union rises up and gets slaughtered Kudi and Tekkadan become martyrs for the cause and maybe teiwaz becomes pulled into the conflict on earlobe's side...right is that the plan?

If so why does Gallahorn know about the whole operation? Was it leaked to them by Biscuits bro because he pussed out and figured if he gave up Kudi then the union would stop and nobody would get cracked down on. If that's what happened why are they so organized about it. The ship captain talking about "the operation". I get how they think let the uprising happen we kill them all and use it as an excuse for more strict police state and military expansion also shut down the talks on earth.

I just don't get how Gallahorn and Earlobe rebel's plans not only coincide but seem to depend on each other or at least operate with complete knowledge of the other.
>>
File: ac130c[1].jpg (188 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ac130c[1].jpg
188 KB, 1200x807
>>13770623
>Holy shit this is such bad design why would you put the cockpit right in the front. That's the first place they shoot at! Fucking amateur idiots.
>>
Seed is pretty good, really. It does a lot of interesting things. Unfortunately it starts kind of falling apart by the last third.

And then it leads into Destiny that had a neat first third but was incredibly horrible otherwise.
>>
>>13780112
Nothing is going to top an autistic boy kissing a princess with no personality "because I happened to run into her after a harem leader explained that people get horny sometimes after combat."

That's some next level Okada shit.
>>
>>13763555

>/m/ so desperate to defend IBO that it'll use a /tv/ meme to do it

I peek in here after a 3 month hiatus and this board is still shit
>>
>>13780231

All will be forgiven if Fumitan and Kudelia share a passionate kiss.
>>
>>13780248
Fumitan is 100% going to die after her and Kudelia find each other during the battle and Fumitan saves her "because you're my real family".
>>
>>13780267

But they'll make out before she dies, right? Come on, Okada. Use your powers for good for once in your miserable life.
>>
>>13780217
An AC130 isn't exactly built for head-to-head combat, anon. It's an air support unit. You'd be a little closer with a fighter or fighter-bomber, but mobile suit combat is a whole lot closer to tank tactics+meelee weapons.

And it's not like a mobile suit punching an aircraft in the cockpit is unheard of (MATILDAAA-SAAAAAAAN). And it's also not like every flight-capable MA doesn't have the pilot completely encased in armor. Dedicated aircraft like the Gaw, Dopp, Magella Top, etc still have the dome cockpits, but anything that's going to get into punch/kick range of a mobile suit needs to protect the pilot a little better than that.
Except for one mustachioed mobile suit designed by filthy gaijin, who puts the girly-boy pilot right on top of it's dick like THAT isn't obvious or anything.
>>
>>13780273
>Okada
>Not a miserable hack who writes things to make people angry
The only people who get any joy from her writing are the words kind of melodrama eating faggots.
>>
>>13780126

Did you watch the remastered SEED? Because many of the problems that plagued that show originally were changed AFTER the fact a decade later (some for the better but mostly for the worse, in my opinion).

I still maintain that the DVD release offers the best version of SEED to judge as a whole.
>>
>>13764377
not with that mary sue
>>
>>13780274
>mobile suit combat is like tank combat

We have been watching entirely different shows.
>>
>>13780095
>[citation needed]
She's credited for the screenplay of episodes 1-3, 9, and 13. The rest are split between the two other writers.
>>
>>13781198
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17329
She's credited for the entire series composition.
>>
>>13767042
I wouldn't mind the slow pace if like you said it was 50 episodes and actually added something to the characters we didn't already know about by the fifth episode. The show is taking forever while also contributing jackshit to anything.
>>
>>13780126
>No, it's not the worst Gundam show out there. There are at least four I'd put below it (though Orphans is not one of them).
>My personal belief is that a lot of it has to do with how many Gundam shows you've watched.
Not really. SEED is the first series in the franchise I'd watched. Its awfulness is intrinsic to itself (ie. has jack shit to do with the rest of the franchise).
>>
>>13780112
>Remember when Fraw ended up with Hayato?

Fraw was always with Hayato. 079 just didn't really call much attention to it outside of one moment in the first episode and then again at the end of the series.
>>
>>13767051
I want this elaborated.

And, for the record, >>13767077 and >>13768447 are trolls. >>13767067, >>13768881, >>13769387 (and perhaps-maybe >>13767061 too) are asking legitimately.
>>
>>13780299
I watched the dvd versions of both SEED and Destiny. I have yet to see the Remaster, and don't really plan to. I did watch the SEED movies once, though.
>>
>>13781416
Quanity bro not specifics
>>
File: 1431032302284.jpg (15 KB, 263x276) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431032302284.jpg
15 KB, 263x276
>>13781416
>the first series in the franchise I'd watched.
>Its awfulness is intrinsic to itself
>(ie. has jack shit to do with the rest of the franchise).
So when you watched it before knowing any other Gundam, you thought it was awful because you were somehow aware that this ALTERNATE UNIVERSE was not connected to the rest of the franchise that you had not yet seen, and this somehow bothered you?
>>
>>13769728
It's not UC, what did you expect.
>>
>>13770427
Outside 00 and BF you're right.
>>
>>13781633
Not him, but if he watched a Gundam show in a vacuum and thought "Wow, the writing, characters, pacing and plot are stupid." then what the fuck does that have to do with other Gundam series?
>>
>>13764424
Autism: The post
>>
File: 1452829416497.jpg (127 KB, 798x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452829416497.jpg
127 KB, 798x1024
>>13782075
Star wars dosent have sexy mechas so ...
>>
>>13782320
did you deliberately choose the ugliest MS you could in order to false flag?
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492 KB, 602x566
>>13763555
IBO has vermin that require termination unlike the Abrahms movie.
Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 40
Thread DB ID: 455690



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.