[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need your help, gentle/m/en. I just found Gundam Wing on DVD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: gundam box.jpg (385KB, 1264x1600px) Image search: [Google]
gundam box.jpg
385KB, 1264x1600px
Need your help, gentle/m/en. I just found Gundam Wing on DVD online for rather cheap, but I am a little apprehensive about buying it for 2 reasons:

1) It comes from Malaysia
2) It has the Lambaian Filem logo all over it.

Now, I can't find any footage of Lambaian Filem doing a Gundam Wing dub in english, but since I can't find Ocean's logo anywhere on the box, and Malaysia is notorious for making utterly shite dubs, I am wondering if I'm paying for a shitty bootleg. One that, although hilarious in it's utterly shit quality, will not be good enough for my plans to introduce a lady friend to Gundam.

Does anyone know if these guys did a shitty english dub, or if they are just packaging and selling Ocean's dub without giving them credit?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (543KB, 1262x1600px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
543KB, 1262x1600px
>>13761819
Back of the box
>>
>>13761819
>Malaysia
Ugh. Kill yourself please.

Malaysians can't fucking english.
>>
how about just kill yourself op
>>
>>13761852
I dunno, they did wonders for Dragonball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wG84efH4sw
>>
>>13761852
Yes, but he does have a point, it is equally as likely that they have just stolen Ocean's dub and are selling it, because "fug du polise" as they would put it.
>>
>>13761819
It's probably the Ocean dub
but if you found a Malaysian English dub of Gundam you would be a hero of the people
>>
>>13761819
You should probably pick a different series if you want to introduce someone to Gundam.
>>
>>13761819
If HBO's original series' like "Dead Mine" & "HalfWorlds" are anything to go by, malaysians can't speak proper english without sounding like annoying pieces of shit.
>>
>>13761965
Really? Wing is the one everyone knows about and is the one that introduced most 90's kids to Gundam.

Which would you choose?
>>
>>13761819
>50 episodes + both Endless Waltz Movie and OVAS

>6 DVDs

Enjoy your really shitty DVD quality op
>>
>>13761957
They did a Gundam ZZ dub. It's not utterly fucking awful... But it isn't good... it's the worst kind of bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdfIFZYJvw
>>
>>13761994
alright, can you tell me a good DVD set to get to get? the only other release I can find is from BEEZ media, but it's been out of print for 13 years.
>>
>>13762003
I thought it was pretty swish.
>>
>>13762027
As far as i'm concerned, there are only 2 kinds of dub worth watching. The Good and the "So shit, it's funny"

This is just a generic bad dub. Like 90% of shitty fan-dubs.
>>
>>13762025
You in the EU? Either buy the remastered DVD collection sets that came out a few years ago (which are also out of print and on the pricey side but they only came out like three years ago), or buy the old US DVDs cheap. Or just wait for Right Stuff to release a new set a year or two from now, after they finish releasing all of the UC.

Or you know just download it like everyone else. Stream it if you can't even do that much.
>>
>>13762003
That's absolutely incredibly average.
>>
>>13761973
Gundam X, Gundam 00, Gundam Build Fighters are all good choices. Of course, nothing beats the original (0079).
>>
This thread is stupid anyways but why do people think Wing is a good introduction to the series? It is pretty old now and would not get any modern anime fans into Gundam. If I was going to try to trick people into Gundam then I would use 00 as the starting place.
>>
>>13762339
wing is only a good introduction to gundam if you've never seen any anime at all and it was 2000
>>
>>13762312
>thinking anyone but hardcore fans can stand 0079's dated animation

Are you legitimately retarded?

>Gundam 00
>good choice

I'll take that as a yes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.