[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do if there's an excellent online f2p /m/ game that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

File: hawken-screenshot-01[1].jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hawken-screenshot-01[1].jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
What do if there's an excellent online f2p /m/ game that's balanced and not money grabbing that's been around for years but nobody wants to play it and retards who don't play the game keep saying it's bad?
>>
You keep to yourself, vaguely allude to it in relevant threads, and accept that people will never like what you like.

That's the fate I've resigned to.
>>
>>13761177
was acceptable but much of a grindfest , and could use melee
>>
Melee would be awesome but let it be keep it to we who deserve it
>>
>>13761253
>much of a grindfest
I didn't really play it in its early form but in the current game you can unlock literally everything in less than 300 hours of play. That's paltry compared to most F2P games. It's also just plain fun so you can enjoy yourself rather than relying on grind to keep you playing like 98% of online games today.
>>
>>13761253
>melee
No way to balance it plus melee is ALWAYS dull shit in first-person games that are not designed around it from the ground up (i.e., Chivalry).
>>
Wait, this isn't dead?
>>
File: foreman.jpg (7KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
foreman.jpg
7KB, 267x200px
>>13761177
>Mechs that can turn as fast as your mouse can move.
>>
>>13761177
PSO2
It's been specifically made in a bad way to force people to chat with each other and make friends though. Basically designed as a social network than a game. Staff said so in interviews.
>>
File: customization[1].jpg (173KB, 616x407px) Image search: [Google]
customization[1].jpg
173KB, 616x407px
There was actually a film adaptation announced before the game was even released. RIP
That may have turned into this planned live-action "web series." RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFQ7Pg07edc

>>13761361
Nah, the developer got dissolved, but they kept the servers up, and Reloaded bought the rights a few months back but haven't changed anything yet.

>>13761362
This is what I don't understand. Why attempt to criticize something you've literally never played?
>>
It was fun while it lasted. I gave up and moved over to MWO. Larger player base.
>>
>>13761381
They fucking turn on a dime. they got the movement down right. but holy shit they turn like they are greased with childrens tears.
>>
>>13761398
Wow it's almost like you've grown up on CoD on Xbox instead of Quake or something.
>>
>>13761403
To be fair, Quake can be nauseatingly fast.

Great now I can't get the jump noise out of my head, thanks anon.
>>
>>13761424
hnngt
hnngt
hnngt
hnngt
>>
>>13761430
HRRRGT
HRRRGT
HRRRGT
>>
>>13761177

Here are the problems with Hawken.

-Still in early access
-Defunct development team (went over a full year with zero updates, internal conflict, no news updates on forum)
-MMR punishes you for being good. I was at 2300 when I quit, I literally could not find games to play because I was too highly ranked and it wouldn't let me play against slightly worse players.
-Credit rate. Even if you play every day and get your win bonuses it takes forever to unlock every unit, let alone start upgrading them. I played for 120 hours and unlocked every unit, but I had not yet upgraded a single weapon or equipment on anything. I put all my resources towards buying mechs and played extensively.
-Scoutfags
-Tech spam

The core gameplay was fantastic, but the game was very pay to play and the lack of players and content certainly didn't help.
>>
>>13761177
When I tried Hawken I was into it until I wanted to get a new mech just to get some change of pace and I realized that I ether have to grind my ass of or open my wallet.

I understand that F2P game has to monetize somehow, but there should still be enough options for free players that it doesn't get immediately boring.
>>
Had a ton of fun in alpha.
>>
>>13761494

Holy fucking shit shill harder you fag.
>>
File: P_lucy[1].jpg (89KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
P_lucy[1].jpg
89KB, 560x800px
>>13761496
I'm sorry you're angry anon
>>
>>13761323
It's worth noting too that the mech you start with isn't the run of the mill noob starter kit you get in most other games but it's actually a top tier well balanced mech when you learn to space properly.

But that in itself is another problem, it's a game very reliant on skill to perform and that dwindles your userbase to those who don't have shit hand eye co-ordination.

>>13761177
>>13761381
There are several legit reasons why it didn't do well even though the base game is great.

a) It's not remotely finished, they spent years on the game and only have like a total of maybe 9 maps tops and only like 3 of them are playable with the rest either horribly unbalanced or glitchfests. Only 3 game modes and two of them are horribly flawed in some way. Siege needs re-balancing to punish campers and make losses not as painfully slow, TDM needs higher kill & time limits.

b) No proper co-op or campaign modes, your one co-op mode is basically a survival mode and there is nothing else to play besides against other humans. You need one so it can at least serve as a tutorial of sorts for players.

c) There are a many trolls who abuse the matchmaking system and rig games just to grief. There is virtually no customer support to ban them nor any type of votekick system to allow people to get rid of the known ones.

d) The former devs were fucking incompetant with money. They spent all the money on a plan to start a mixed media franchise and wasted it all on a show, board games, merchandise etc. instead of fucking finishing the game they're spawned from.

e) With the dev changeover that is basically a downtime of nearly 2 years, but along with all the wasted time doing things they shouldn't have been fucking doing. It means the new dev team now have to catch up on over 3 years of development AND put out new content.

f) The userbase, it is anemic but that is more a result of the above.
>>
File: strike_vector_header.jpg (132KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
strike_vector_header.jpg
132KB, 640x360px
Underrated/dead /m/ games general?
>>
>>13761451
>-MMR punishes you for being good. I was at 2300 when I quit, I literally could not find games to play because I was too highly ranked and it wouldn't let me play against slightly worse players.
Holy shit so much this.

I can literally recognize every name I play with now because I'm locked out of every single room for being too good. But then I also realize the only way to fix this is to increase userbase and only way they can do that is new content.

>-Credit rate. Even if you play every day and get your win bonuses it takes forever to unlock every unit, let alone start upgrading them.
Credit rates already been fixed, everything is a lot cheaper now. What needs fixing though is probably XP grind rate, it takes too long to unlock new weapons which then take even longer for you to get the feel of as most of them aren't even really that much better than the last.

>-Scoutfags
I honestly like to see how the devs justified giving the thing the same weapon output as the fattest heavy hitter mech in the game. Re-Flak would've been more justified.
>>
>>13761565
I really like Titanfall even if it's lacking in content and dead as hell.
>>
>>13761528
I've mostly played within the last year and haven't experienced any of the issues you're referring to. Yes there's only 9 maps, and there are spots where the collision geometry is bad, but aside from that I've found every map to be well-made and all the main game types to be equally fun. I've never seen anything resembling "griefing." Technically it's possible to get to places in certain maps that you're not supposed to, but I have not seen a single person do that in many months.

I know the devs did a bunch of stupid stuff but they almost miraculously managed to crap out a game that's actually good, stable, and balanced before they went under. Honestly I'm more afraid of Reloaded changing things for the worse once they (if they ever) start getting their grubby hands into the game balance and such than I am of Hawken never getting another update.

It would be nice to have more active players so better matchmaking could take place.
>>
>>13761528
>>13761587
Forgot to say that a proper co-op/campaign would indeed be awesome, but that's probably a lot of dev and F2P games aren't really known for putting out proper campaigns or content in general that isn't directly linked to monetization. The existing co-op mode is broken due to bad AI. But I think it was one of the last things released by Adhesive before they went under.

Honestly I think Hawken is just too easy to enjoy without paying any money. That's part of why it's so good for a F2P game but it probably didn't help their financial situation. I wish devs would make single-payment games that have a restricted demo access instead of this F2P garbage.
>>
>>13761565
The fact that Tech Romancer and Cyberbots will never get another game, much less animated or comic adaptions is a great shame.
>>
>>13761565
I think this game has some of the most impressive AI I've ever seen.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (245KB, 480x431px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
245KB, 480x431px
>>13761565
>>13761721
*cough* I think THIS game has some of the most impressive AI I've ever seen.
>>
>>13761587
>I've never seen anything resembling "griefing."
You haven't seen enough then.

You have some VERY well known longtime players who join Siege and literally do nothing but shit like camping in the base never taking a step out of it and taking a single shot before running off back into base. They will single handedly put an entire team at a massive handicap by never coming out to do anything with a autistic fervor.

There are players who are obvious aimbotters people have recorded and reported multiple times and are still in the game. They will do crap like snapping perfectly in every direction even at cloaked people from BEHIND walls which is impossible for multiple reasons including the turncap.

They've been around long enough to prove there is absolutely no customer support.

Then there are players who join Team DM's to do nothing but feed kills to the enemy team, there are at least two I can think off the top of my head. These same players will join MA's or Siege's and keep leaving and rejoining until they are on the opposite team.
>>
File: metagame.jpg (236KB, 700x911px) Image search: [Google]
metagame.jpg
236KB, 700x911px
>>13761451
Tech is perhaps one of the most cancerous things I've ever seen descend upon a meta ever.
It completely undermines one of the core features of the game.
Incinerator too, but to a lesser extent.
They really just need to toss the Repair Torch out the window and make the Redox it's secondary instead.

Also Scouts aren't too bad as long as you find a way to rush them down and dont let them do their peekaboo bullshit.
Pretty damn annoying though, for sure.
t. 2.1k who ran Mini Flak Vanguard and Hawkins Brawler almost exclusively
>>
>>13761728
I can envision all you're describing but I just don't run into it. Things like people not playing the game right isn't something specific to any one game. I think I ran into someone aimbotting once long ago. Perhaps Reloaded will be more responsive to reports.
>>
>>13761743
>Tech is perhaps one of the most cancerous things I've ever seen descend upon a meta ever.
I'd say second most cancerous would be the Rocketeer's Seeker missiles, no not the Hellfires like every noob tends to whine about but the Seeker.

It has way too much damage output, requires no aiming at all and has the most awkward splash radius which makes it near impossible to get away from.

Incinerator at least needs a considerable amount of skill to play against more skilled players, being unable to hide, inaccuracy and the slow startup is troublesome. Raider players will practically eat you alive whilst hugging your face, Grenadiers/Assaults can just straight up out-DPS you.

It's just when you combine that with the Tech then it gets cheesy. So in the end it all goes back to the Tech as the actual culprit.
>>
>>13761857
>Rocketeer's Seeker missiles
Really? They're super inaccurate at medium/close range though since they're such slow velocity, and they often try to seek into walls when you'd rather shoot the ground around a corner to get splash damage. I'd rather use HEAT most the time. You have to actually aim it but the fact that you CAN aim it makes it better.
>>
>>13762015
Yeah it's pretty hard to believe, Rocketeers are generally regarded as very low tier only really broken on Last Eco because of the huge swathes of wide space with no cover. It's just a good thing almost everyone who uses Rocketeer is absolutely shit or average at best.

But the highest ranked Rocketeer player I've seen shows how insanely broken that one weapon can be. Doesn't matter what map or what mech you use or where you hide, they will hit you from everywhere and always be out of reach. Seems general trick with it is to aim lower and slightly off kilter than what you'd normally do and slow down the fire rate. If you space out your shots you should notice the Seeker generates virtually no heat at all.

I've seen the way those Seeker's just bend round corners stopping you repairing then when you try to move you get a full payload of Hellfires.

If you pace yourself with unlocked Hellfire's and slow Seeker's you can practically flush everyone out of cover with splash damage because of the slight curve to the Seeker and the constant supression.

Also if you get in close? It's easy to forget the Rocketeer can fly backwards faster than most mechs can boost. Result is you can just leave a trail of scattered ground Seeker/Hellfire combinations which they're forced to take if they want to chase.

Personally I'm more partial to Heat/EOC but it really is ungodly annoying how much surpression a decent Seeker can do.
>>
>>13762122
I wish you could obs players in Hawken. Or at least that there were more decent Twitch streams.
>>
http://www.twitch tv/poopslinga
The one stream
>>
>>13761565
This game was like a holiday romance. Shortlived, but fuck, it was fun. Sometimes I really wish that it got the attention it deserved
>>
>>13761565
imagine a macross game that played like strike vector
>>
>>13761565
Any relation to Strike Suit Zero? Or completely different?
>>
>>13762985
It's a completley different game. Think a VF that only has Jet and Gerwalk mode. And less missiles.
>>
File: bruiser-screenshot-2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bruiser-screenshot-2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Bruiser best girl
>>
Call me when they give more than 2 credits for completing a match
>>
File: BRUISER.png (887KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BRUISER.png
887KB, 768x1024px
>>13763148
Brusier is legitimately the worst mech in the game.
Newbies get suckered in by the "OMG CHAINGUN AND HOMING MISSSILES" yet none realize that its Secondaries and Primaries have zero synergy seeing as how the former rewards curve-shots while the latter rewards constant tracking.
But it's also one of the best looking, unfortunately.

>tfw Bruiser will never get the T32-Bolt, Breacher and SA-Hawkins
>>
>>13763344
It trades attack power for versatility, I think it's completely fine
From its ability you can tell that it's also supposed to focus on defense
>>
>>13763148
My main ever since I unlocked.

Tried a bit of everything else after maxing it but had to go back, old habits die hard.
>>
What is the secret for getting Hellfires to go completely around cover?
>>
File: hiefram.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hiefram.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>13763365
>versatility
It's a master of none without the "jack of all trades", since you effectively have one weapon at all times outside of a very specific medium-range distance where both your weapons are somewhat useful, and this range does not exist if you use the Vulcan.

Assault's more versatile.
Rocketeer and Grenadier are better at suppression/defense.
Vanguard and Brawler are better tanks.
All the Brusier can do is block a TOW once in a while.

>>13763379
Lock On > Look Away > Fire
It's kinda like a flicking motion.
>>
>>13763389
Well ok, that's what I usually do but more often than not the rockets quickly fly into the cover in front of me.
>>
>>13763398
Gotta look away more.
>>
It's sad that my dream of an A-10 transforming into a giant robot was fulfilled by a f2p MOBA. That monkey's paw hits hard sometimes.
>>
>>13763389
I really doubt those skinny knees and cardboard looking feet can support that huge torso
>>
File: moke.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moke.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>13763691
Canonically they're partially made of a lighter-than-air mineral iirc.
Which is also why they're so nippy.
>>
This game is mentally fatiguing. Dat adrenaline.
>>
>walking microwaves
>doesn't run on weak PCs
Let's make a dead niche game, make ugly as fuck designs and you will need a new computer for it.
OH GOD WHY DOES NO ONE PLAY IT?
>>
>>13765660
>doesn't run on weak PCs
Sounds like a few other games I know of you filthy pleb.
>>
Anon the game is grindy as fuck. That is the main problem. If it wasn't I would be playing still.
>>13761323
>I didn't really play it in its early form but in the current game you can unlock literally everything in less than 300 hours of play

>every mech, upgrade and weapon you can unlock under 300 hours

I am at 56 hours and I am not even close to unlocking one 1/10 of the content. Shut up
>>
>>13765702
the ones who buy expensive PCs are not going to play some niche game
the one thing that WOT does well is that it can run on a 7yo notebook
>>
>>13765746
Well I was speaking from experience so I dunno what to tell you.
>>
>>13763398
Just make sure you're facing open space before you let rip, it needs to be one smooth motion. Also helps if you move away as well instead of sitting, whole advantage of lock on is that you can keep moving without aiming.

>>13763344
Honestly only real thing Bruiser seems good for is patching up a weak link in a team but that really requires you to look hard at the mechs in your team and read the moment.

It's rubbish in most other situations, even the G2's are more versatile.
>>
>>13761577
>titanfall
>/m/
Begone, vermin.
>>
>>13769035
>titanfall
>not /m/
cast ye self into the pit and despair, memelord

like, can we get some realtalk here and ignore the retard statements they made and just say that it was a Neat Mechanical Game
>>
>>13761177
>What do if there's an excellent online f2p /m/ game that's balanced and not money grabbing that's been around for years but nobody wants to play it and retards who don't play the game keep saying it's bad?
you keep making threads for it >>13769280
>>
>>13761177
I wanted to like it but the maps and teams are too small. Feels too much like a sporting competition rather than a battle.
>>
>>13761177
It's a WASD-shooter with robot-skins.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.