[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't spend much time on /m/ but over the years when I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: mobile-suit-gundam-wing.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-gundam-wing.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
I don't spend much time on /m/ but over the years when I stick my head in I notice that there is a lot of hate for G-Wing.
Why?
>>
Nostalgia backlash
>>
>>13760611

If you spent more time you'd realize there's hate for just about every series, or the ones people actually saw. Finally after spending more time it becomes apparent that there's little genuine hate.
>>
because its shit
>>
It's popular, nostalgic, and not that good.
>>
Because of its popularity people are more critical about it. So criticisms that would be overlooked in other shows not only gets a chance to be brought up, but gets brought up regularly.
>>
It's inferior to most other Gundam shows and gets a lot of praise by people who have only seen it.
>>
>>13760611
It's too political
>>
/m/ is tsundere for their first mecha love
>>
>>13760611

JUST
>>
It is just as shit as Zeta but doesn't get a free pass because it wasn't made in the 80s.
>>
>>13760761
No it gets a free pass because it was made in the 90s and it was every Westerner's first
>>
>>13760611
It's shit
>>
>>13760725
FUCK MY WILD BEAT UP
>>
>>13760611
It's too popular
>>
>>13760611
no bro, /m/ hates everything
>>
File: Wing Leo.png (28KB, 312x305px) Image search: [Google]
Wing Leo.png
28KB, 312x305px
>>13760611
It is against the law here on /m/ to like any mecha anime. Besides, why would you pay any attention to what some random shitposter dislikes.

As for Gundam Wing: it is a mixture of good and bad, like any Gundam.
>>
>>13760611
I'm watching Wing right now. I've seen every other Gundam from Turn A and before and figured I might as well watch Wing just to say I did. I'm only on episode 16 right now, so I haven't solidified my opinion, but from what I've seen so far it's just nonsensical. It's one of those shows where something has to happen every scene regardless of if it makes sense or was set up. Like I just got done with an episode where Relena manages to sneak into a ball because coincidentally an old guy covers for her, which coincidentally is someone who exposition about the Peacecrafts for 30 seconds, then coincidentally that Une bitch walks in, then Relena pulls an established gun literally out of her ass, misses at close range, then runs off only to coincidentally get saved by the girl that loves Zechs. It feels like I'm watching a fever dream, and honestly, I kinda like it in an ironic sense. If I don't take it too seriously, then it can actually be kinda fun. I've heard it kinda stalls towards the middle though, though, so I might end just hating it by the end, But so far, it's been enjoyable shit.
>>
>>13761115
Things get weird when the Gundam pilots infiltrate/work for OZ
>>
>>13761115
Continued - I think the people that straight up hate Wing are more so just tired of people saying it's amazing despite not having watched it in 10 years. Or whenever you bring up Gundam, they respond with "oh yeah Heero was cool. I loved Gundam Wing back on Toonami." I think a lot of people are just tired of a pretty mediocre show getting so much love and main stream appeal simply because of nostalgia.
>>
>>13761129

Quatre livens up things a lot in space.
>>
>>13761129
Cool. The more nonsense it can throw at me the better lol
>>
>>13761115

I think Wing was a proto-trainwreck.
>>
>>13761154
MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>13760611
Because it's /m/'s job to hate what's popular.
>>
>>13760611
It's dookie with a lil bit of poopy on the side.
>>
>>13761193
Because it's /m/'s job to hate what's bad.

FTFY
>>
>>13761115
>I've heard it kinda stalls towards the middle though
This week we're gonna blow up yet another factory!
Recap montage episode? Better two than one!
>>
>>13761193
I hope stupid fucks like you get purged from this site with the typical apologist behavior "board doesn't like shit cuz it is popular"
>>
>>13761289
But he's right. This is one of the most jaded hipster boards this side of /v/.

Wing a shit, though.
>>
>>13760611
It was the first gundam for a lot of people, but similarly a lot of people didn't see it as their first and are more objective about grading it.

The real truth of the series' value is somewhere between the nostalgia and the anti-popularity hipsters.

It is a fun series, but come midway through the first season, it has some heavy flaws in the plot. The animation really suffered immensely from the horrendous re-use of stock footage (I'm not sure how many times the freaking Heavyarms gundam has the same freaking shot over and over, or how many times that same Leo exploded).

Really, it had a of things set up for it to be good, but the story begins to shit the bed. Strong characters put into completely useless situations, and then shoehorned into the final arc with Libra falling onto Earth that makes you completely unsure of what the hell anybody was doing for what reasoning. Then Endless Waltz makes that same mistake again.

At least it was popular though. I don't get why Wing gets so much hate, and Seed gets tentatively less on /m/. They're really the same show in different decades when you get down to the nuts and bolts.
>>
File: 1439340055924.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
1439340055924.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>13761289
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.