[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, we finally gave a star map "Macro", albeit in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: АстроГрафия.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
АстроГрафия.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
So, we finally gave a star map "Macro", albeit in a small resolution.

Can anyone identify the fleets and colonies, and do the listed star systems?
>>
File: boowofl.jpg (105KB, 580x1012px) Image search: [Google]
boowofl.jpg
105KB, 580x1012px
>>13760499
>that colony going in a circle
>>
>>13760499
Windemere and Ragna have colonized the Small Magellanic Cloud, but the numbers are just repeated for both of them and mean nothing.

The red X's are colony fleets that got wiped out or with whom contact was lost, like that other four extragalactic fleets on the other side of the map.

>>13762088
That's Macross Galaxy. Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy are both heading into the Galactic Core.
>>
>>13760499
There are only 5 colonized systems in the Milky Way galaxy.

Earth
Eden
Macross 7/Macross 5 colonized world
Vajra Homeworld
And one unknown.
>>
>>13762149
The planet from Dynamite 7? Or 7's OVA?
>>
>>13762154
Maybe.

This is a really small and incomplete star map, even compared to the one they made for Frontier eight years ago. It only cares about the two really weird fleets that spent 50 years traveling out into another galaxy.
>>
>>13762154

Don't think that anon is counting systems with native sentients.

Though I didn't know that the fleets weren't numbered according to their place in the timeline until now. I used to think that there were 50-odd fleets running about with Megaroad 1-23 and Macross 1-25.
>>
>>13762197
They are numbered sequentially though. Macross 25 was the 25th Macross-type colonization fleet. It's just only the 7th Super-Large fleet compared to the smaller ones.
>>
>>13762187

Macross ships travel between galaxies now, not just between systems within galaxies? Fold technology is a hell of a thing. That puts them above even Star Wars in terms of travel technology, since Star Wars ships can't travel between galaxies with a handful of exceptions even in the old EU, and even then only very, very slowly.
>>
>>13762204
Oh snap. I forgot they had the official naming. They wouldn't call Frontier the 55th Fleet if they didn't have 54 fleets in front of it.

Looking at the image again, I only count 18 or so lines; 6 to the top left, 8 to the top right cluster, 2 headed to the galactic center, and the 2 at Ragna/Windmere. Either they assed the picture for theatrics' sake or there's a condition to them (maybe fleets still ongoing or those that have established important centres of NUN civilization). By this time in the period, amongst the two headed to the core, IF they are indeed Frontier and Galaxy, Galaxy would have been destroyed and marked with an "x", if those are what I think they meant by marking them that way.

Comparing the starchart in Frontier to this, the alignment of Earth relative to the universe as depicted in the image is largely the same as we see it in both cases (to the "right" of the image). So Galaxy should be just "above" Frontier if those two are indeed the two fleets. I see one of them has settled in a system, but that is the "upper" fleet instead, which would make it Galaxy.

In Frontier's starchart, however, one of the fleets is shown traveling in a large circle, although from Eden rather than from Earth as it is in this case, and headed in the general direction of Ragna/Windmere. Unless the spread point in this image is supposed to be that of Eden, in which case it would make sense that not all 55 fleets are shown.

Has any Macross infobook ever provided a map of fleet movements?
>>
>>13762286
>since Star Wars ships can't travel between galaxies with a handful of exceptions even in the old EU

That was because of a stupid contrived plot device. Nothing in the film canon states this is a problem.
>>
File: sip8.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sip8.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>mfw I'm just noticing some of those lines have x's in them meaning they were destroyed
>>
>>13762341

Nothing in the film states they do either, since it's in "a galaxy" far, far away, not galaxies. Mind you, that's just for the sake of sounding good, but nothing in the films opens them up to extra-galactic travel anyways.
>>
>>13762286
>since Star Wars ships can't travel between galaxies with a handful of exceptions even in the old EU
That was because of a natural disturbance like in Star Trek, not their actual tech not being capable of traveling the distance.
>>
>>13762286
They theoretically always could've. It's just that the closest galaxy is really far away.
>>
>>13762349

Some were destroyed/captured in some of the various series and games.

>Battle 13 was wrecked in VF-X-2
>21st Fleet (Galaxy Fleet) was destroyed
>5th fleet was caught by the Protodevlin

Probably other examples too.
>>
>>13762371

Can you clarify, I don't recall seeing that in any of the EU stuff I read or played.

>>13762377

> they theoretically always could've
> it'd just have taken a really long time because the closest one is really far away

You might as well say NASA theoretically could travel to another star if not for the fact the closest system is so far away.
>>
>>13762426
>You might as well say NASA theoretically could travel to another star if not for the fact the closest system is so far away.

Um, yes? There is a range limit to folding, and it costs energy to fold. That's why folding has always been a choice of last resort in combat situations, since that energy could be used for maintaining the colony ships, producing goods and essentials, or better, more specific folds.
>>
>>13762470

Not to mention there's things like fold faults as well, and not every craft can deal with them.

The super fold booster can puncture some, and so far only the YF-29 can deal with the super dense ones.

Plus folding makes those who aren't used to it a mite sick sometimes. So, it's risky for other reasons too.
>>
>>13762948

I meant the YF-30. Not the 29.
>>
File: MacrossGalaxy3.jpg~original.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossGalaxy3.jpg~original.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>13762324
Galaxy Mainland was MIA in the TV series in truth it was in hiding.

Consensus at MW that the map much like Macross Frontier's prologue was theatrical. What is important is that Windermere and Ragna is colonized.
>>
>>13762286
The Large Magellanic Cloud is a satellite galaxy to the Milky Way. It's much less impressive than, say, traveling to Andromeda.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.