[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /m/, it's time to fess up. How many of you have overlooked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

OK /m/, it's time to fess up.
How many of you have overlooked something as decent as MS IGLOO just because it's CGI?
>>
>>13751865
I haven't. I watched all of it and it was boring as fuck.
>>
Not me, I watched Valvrave
>>
>>13751865

ME ME ME
>>
I saw it. T'was great.
>>
>>13751865
me

but i also hate fucking zeeks

fucking zeeks
>>
>>13751889
IGLOO was one of the few times I legitimately rooted for the Zeek team, they were all decent guys.
Gravity Front was kind of underwhelming with all that death god tomfoolery though.
>>
I did
Zaku killers was the only decent one
>>
>>13751893
i didn't mind delaz fleet, although i don't really count the cima fleet as zeon.

Gato was a pretty sympathetic character desu.
>>
all I remember is the sick fucking flips that one guy did
>>
I liked IGLOO but it was really fucking ugly
>>
File: .jpg (110KB, 697x442px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
110KB, 697x442px
speaking of zeonwank
anyone have the Char edit of this?
>>
>>13751865
TOP Z'GOK was great and Hildofr was the centerpoint of the series. Big Rang and the Ogg Squad was also good.

Could do with less background ebil cacklin' from Feddies, and the entire Shinigami shenanigans in the last three episodes, while a small part, were not welcome. Literally added nothing and drew viewer expectation into a void. I liked the infantry anti-MS team, though, nice to see other parts of the military throwing their weight about with appropriate cost of lives.

The Type-65 against the Zakus was thematically great but, progression-wise, terrible; good on first watch and shows its holes later. Both sides fudged movement and ran counter to earlier and later depictions in the series of how tanks/MSes moved in order to fit the on-screen choreography. Zakus could have cracked the entire battalion in half with their rifles rather than forget that they had thrusters and choose to mix it in, the tanks moved like they badly needed gear and track replacements and the entire battalion was screening fodder for the one guy in his tank who was godlike until the last moment where he had to die. One of the weaknesses of the Feddie half was that none of the characters on this side got the same length of exposure and viewer investment as the Zeonic side did. When you put one side with lasting faces against another with short throwaway stories it kind of devalues the one-off side.

IGLOO cg in general has weight behind it when the objects move (except for some, like that one scene where the HLV swoops in like a fucking space saucer during one of the televised Zeon landings on Earth, I guess Zeon propaganda about being superior spacenoid does work if you believe in it) and the angles take consideration of the general area and surrounding composition rather than just blindly ape 2D anime's cut-in angles and emphasized POVs.
>>
One thing that makes no sense in IGLOO is the ww2 television propaganda shit
this is the far-future, Gihren's speech was in super HD
>>
>>13751998
Maybe PR feed was for poor people using ancient TV sets.
>>
>>13751865
I have seen it in it's entirely.

1st 6 eps followed a single pattern.They should have done things differently.I had high hopes around ep 5 but then it went down the same path.

I sympathized with the engineer guy and test pilots for what they were doing and their dedication.

Federation OVA was pretty good and can become very good if they remove the death god thing with character's own self doubt.

My complain is this being part of OYW zeon milking. I really want to see this kind of spinoff for The Titans.
>>
>>13751865
IGLOO is probably my second favourite after 0079, even though CGI is absolutely disgusting
>>
File: Zeon Shiningami.jpg (42KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Zeon Shiningami.jpg
42KB, 640x427px
>>13751964
>>13751893
But the death god stuff has been around since 0079
>>
>>13752280

Anon, "appeared once in 0079" is not the same meaning as "been around since 0079".

They had newtypes involved and it was made very clear that Amuro (in one incident, he never saw it with anyone else) was the only one who could see it.

No one in the last three episodes of IGLOO made any of the criteria to see a metaphysical manifestation. Not that any of them were alive to, anyways, which just makes it more distinct in its awkward inclusion into IGLOO.
>>
>>13751865
I didn't watch it because it was Zeek shit
>>
>>13751865
I wonder what happened to Oliver after the war. Absorbed into AE? Although he wasn't really part of Zeonic.
>>
>>13752397
Somehow I think he continued to work on mobile suits.
Gryps-era IGLOO when?
>>
>>13751897
Hardly any of the Delaz Fleet were sympathetic characters. They were hypocritical little twats.
>>
>>13752280
That was a manifestation of Dozle's hatred. Only Amuro saw it, and even then he was only "sensing" it, so really he was hallucinating.
>>
>>13752397
He changed his name to Kelly.
Fixes up what's left of Big Rang into Val Varo.
>>
>>13752430
Check out advance of zeta
>>
The voice cast turned me off more than the cgi.
They were all bland boring voices that sounded like they were more afraid of dying from boredom than the war.
>>
File: 1261963378446.gif (598KB, 200x102px) Image search: [Google]
1261963378446.gif
598KB, 200x102px
>>13752696
>I can understand the tone of a language I can't speak
>>
>>13752943
Not only can most normal people do this, but they can DEFINITELY do that after spending years watching shows with audio of a language they don't speak.
>>
IGLOOs CG stopped bothering me on the second episode
Enjoyed it immensely
>>
>>13751998
MINOVSKY MAGIC
>>
>>13752943
Even a dog can understand voice tones and it most certainly can't understand the language (apart from commands it's been taught).
>>
>>13752299
How about when Guntank lady became a ghost and talked to the Death God. That's practically Newtype shit in gravity.
>>
>mobile diver destroys 4 destroyers and a battleship
Is that LITERALLY the only time a beam spray gun has hit something?
>>
>>13754793

Was still executed messily, though. Amuro had half a series to show, develop, and hone his latent abilities. Dozle was also a very emotionally-charged person in his final hours. Death God in here randomly appears to the main characters of the stories as an extra.

The problem with the Feddie stories is that they're presented as one-offs and that lends poorly to inserting in mystic mumbo-jumbo. Saying "oh but newtypes appear in other series set in the same universe too!" is a poor excuse since these characters have the time and situations to develop their latent abilities. These Feddies are throwaways, there's no time nor space in the episode narrative for mysticism.

It at least gels with the first two stories in that Death can be interpreted as an emotional manifestation, though only Barberry's was done right; people believing Yandell was some Death magnet who curses his tank drivers is silly, to some extent, but not unheard off in actual war stories, and is largely depending on personal tastes. Just say that his daredevil tactics from survival's guilt has its consequences and that's why he's gathered so much isolation from his unit subordinates.

Then there's the last episode where Death straight-up telling Arleen at the end that her lover was a double agent was stupid as fuck. That information should have been narrated by the Feddie REMF who ordered Arleen and co. into the battle in the first place.

Even if we HAVE to talk about newtypes, there is newtypism adding a layer of representation to the people who are receiving/emitting the subconscious emotions, and then there is newtypism straight up giving you 4th-wall spoilers. So given that Arleen's consciousness survives the destruction of her mortal body and goes straight to being one with the universe with her individuality intact, to be told the truth, all in one battle, without the manifestation of any other Newtype traits, we can say that she's the strongest Newtype in UC, then?
>>
>>13751865
Never. I just don't watch things because I'm slowly losing my interest in anime.
>>
>>13751865
I nearly did, but then I heard it was from the Zeon viewpoint and had a lot of Zeon experimental suits, so I watched it. Enjoyed it really, even with the melodrama and poor characterization.

The Federation IGLOO series was boring as hell though. It suffered from a really disjointed story compared to the more standard Zeon first season.
>>
Watched it.

So fucking boring.
>>
File: Not quite my tempo.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
Not quite my tempo.png
276KB, 586x634px
>>13754953
Then why would you even make this post you retarded attentionwhore
>>
I wouldn't say it was great but it did down to earth mecha combat so much fucking better than 08th MS Team. It still had a bunch of experimental weapons like every autistic OVA but execution was good. Overall it wasn't nearly as horrible as people claim it is until literal Death showed up.
>>
>>13751865
Truthfully?

I haven't seen it yet, the CGI isn't the reason, its just...I dunno I've been meaning to and just haven't. I love the designs from it Sudan is a fucking best. And one of my mains in EXVS.

Fuck it might as well just watch it today.
>>
>>13755936
Mobile poster please.
Sudan
>>
>>13751865
Watched it. Interestingly, the CGI wasn't my big reservation going in. Rather it was the fact the OVA looked to be doubling down on the Nazi aesthetic for Zeon to an extent that was almost comedic.

That said, the CG was fine on the MS, but the character animation has been dating itself pretty quickly.
The whole thing is...formulaic as all Hell, but not bad for what it's going for.
>>
>>13755966
Shit.

Time for sudoku for being found out.
>>
>>13751865
Zeon IGLOO was pretty good, I thought. A lot better than the Feddie one because it followed a group of characters throughout.
>>
>>13755266
Because I do enjoy CG anime and I've never said "I'm not going to watch this because it's CG."

But I haven't even downloaded anything since Cinderella Girls S1. I just stream maybe one show a season now, and not even regularly.
>>
File: 1199154437220.png (428KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1199154437220.png
428KB, 853x480px
I'll never understand why there's so much disdain for the CG.
>>
>>13751865
It is nothing but propaganda shit made by Zeon.
>>
>>13751865
I loved MS Igloo, and Gravity Front was pretty good as well. Even if they had to add the death god thing in there.
>>
>>13752280
Wasn't there something in ZZ, and maybe Zeta as well, where Newtypes have a sort of "Newtype spirit animal?" Haman had a moth-like thing that Judau saw when rescuing his sister from the mansion in Dakar. I would think this bat thing in Solomon was Dozle's version, but I don't think the Zabis displayed Newtype ability. Like >>13752468
I took it as a symbol of Dozle's power, or maybe something shared between all three of the power-hungry Zabi kids.

>>13754793
>That's practically Newtype shit in gravity.

One thing I took from Gravity Front––without much to back it up––is that the Death God was a representation of gravity, not just death itself. Like the gravity in the phrase "souls weighed down by gravity."

>>13754945
I try to convince myself that the Death God really was just in everyone's head. Maybe Arleen didn't learn her lover was a double agent from a literal Death God, nor from Earthnoid Newtype ability. Maybe she just figured it out on her own in that last second before death, and used Death God imagery to tell it to herself.

There's no getting around how bad the Death God is, but if I shrug it off, it's kind of cool how IGLOO 2 has such a weird, out-of-place thing.
>>
>>13767837
>Like the gravity in the phrase "souls weighed down by gravity."
Gravity doesn't mean death in that phrase. It's a jab at Earthnoids being tied down to earth and the elite being corrupt and unable to think of anything else but themselves. People who won't ascend to a higher level of thinking.
>>
>>13767896
Right, that's why I said
>the Death God was a representation of gravity, not just death itself.

Like somehow it's that Gravity that won't let people ascend to a higher level of thinking that kills the three MCs in IGLOO 2.
>>
>>13767896
>It's a jab at Earthnoids being tied down to earth and the elite being corrupt and unable to think of anything else but themselves. People who won't ascend to a higher level of thinking.

Yet for all their being 'enlightened souls unbound by gravity' Spacenoids are always the ones starting wars, whose governments tend to be batshit insane disctatorships and who go around committing mass murder and genocide (even against fellow Spacenoids) at the drop of a hat.

Face it, 'bound by gravity' is just a bunch of bullshit propaganda that Spacenoids tell themselves so that they can act superior to Earthnoids when they're not. The sad thing is that there are actually fans and creators of Gundam who buy into that nonsense.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.