[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IBO spoiler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

File: 10356494p.jpg (189KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
10356494p.jpg
189KB, 1200x755px
Kimaris manual preliminary info:
-Used in the Calamity War by the first generation Sir Bauduin, a heroic MS. This is the reason the Bauduin family is one the 7 Stars.
-After the war it was used in ceremonies since it was a Gjallarhorn symbol and therefore was a famous MS. However the 300 years made it fade out of people's memory. It hasn't seen combat since the Calamity War
-High maneuverability due to various boosters, particularly good for space combat, has excellent stability for combat in low orbit being pulled by gravity
-Leg boosters at full boost can make it reach distant enemies in one go, by mastering them it's possible to make quick turns/acceleration.
-Gungnir: uses the high mobility of Kimaris to have severe thrusting power. It also has 120mm rifles for restraining fire.
-Combat Knife: meant for ground and sea combat.
-Slash Disk: made of rare MS frame metal, can tear even nanolaminate armor with its high speed rotation.
>>
File: 10356499a4.jpg (85KB, 1200x266px) Image search: [Google]
10356499a4.jpg
85KB, 1200x266px
>>13746531
-Halberd: by extending the handle it increases power when swinging it down. Wide distance but can be used as short axe by shortening the handle. It's stored on the inside of Rebake's rear armor or shield when mounted on the arm.
>>
>>13746531
I love this suit. Okay, not totally in love with the head, reminds me of a Big O villain, but the rest of it is beautiful.

I swear to god if it jobs like a complete bitch then I'm dropping this show.
>>
>>13746591
it's getting an upgrade already, chances are Gaelio dies like a bitch he is
>>
>>13746531
>Sea Combat
What.
>>
>>13746597
Eh, the upgrade just seems to be a backpack for more thrust and not something really substantive. I can imagine him going out in an "imperfect" suit, fucking up Nu-Gusion, and then heading back after Barbatos and Graze Kai II show up with the Turbines.
>>
>>13746606
I'm guessing they'll be like GN-boosters, only used to get the battlefield and then purged.
>>
>>13746531
>Kimaris
So its a mobile suit that was used by a member that would form Gjallarhorn and now it will be facing the other Gundams Tekkadan has
>>
File: Berga Giros stab.jpg (93KB, 688x528px) Image search: [Google]
Berga Giros stab.jpg
93KB, 688x528px
Oh, now lances are the flavor of the season weapon?
>>
>>13746840
At least they're using other weapons than beam weaponry.
>>
>>13746883
Don't that it even uses those weapons much.
>>
>>13746531
Giant shoulders combined with that pose and angle, make it seem like that thing has tiny stubby arms.
>>
He really is turning out to the Garma, the guy with higher social status and gets the good hardware, but less skilled than Char.
>>
Being a hit and run thrust guy will not fare well in close quarters.

I wonder if each of the 7 star founders were former Gundam pilots, but at least many of their machines would have been destroyed during the war.
>>
>>13747453
Sounds like the 12 crusaders from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, where heroes form nations, noble lines etc.
>>
>>13746883

You know what, I hate beamspam as much as anyone else.

But IBO somehow managed to make physical/kinetic weapons boring as hell.
>>
File: 51Zaa4xJEVL_large.jpg (47KB, 372x480px) Image search: [Google]
51Zaa4xJEVL_large.jpg
47KB, 372x480px
This suit better not go out like a bitch. Not expecting it to go and take out half the cast but shit if its anything like Gusion or Gaeon again I'll cry.
>>
>>13747459
IBO made me appreciates on beamspam more

i mean why would they make a giant robot show so boring by eliminating long range combat?
>>
>>13747481
Barbatos will steal his lance and pierce kimaris' cockpit
>>
>>13747496
shoulder and lance and backpack
>>
>>13746883
>I hate beamspam!
>This sucks, I want beamspam!

/m/ doesn't know what it wants
>>
>>13747483
Hell long range combat could be relevant even with kinitic weapons its the stupid armor they put in to keep beam weapons non existent or something...which also made normal weapons useless sans swords for some reason.

Instead of just...maybe not outing beams in and allowing those guns they donhave to be worth a damn. I mean fucking hell the damn stupid shoulder shuriken on this thing can pierce MS armor but that big ass cannon the barbatos has, has to be right on top of an ms to even scratch it? Fuckin what?

Retarded even by gundam standards.
>>
>>13747512
They should introduce Railguns as a Beam Weapon equivalent
>>
>>13747483
IBO doesn't even do melee combat well. It pretends to do clever stuff like mika says in the pepe fight he'll hit the weak points, but then we don't see that. They don't do anything smart with melee outside of throwing the mace once. Even 0079 had many more interesting melee moves like the ral gouf fights or against the black tri stars. Thinking about it melee is much better suited to land battles yet 70% of this is on space

Fans forcing the reee beamspam thing really haven't thought that through. Having many units obviously firing makes a battle feel more large scale and involved. Without that it leads to units looking like they were sitting around doing nothing for a fight. It also removes tension as beams mean any stray shot will kill, but ibo you'll be lucky if a stray shot sort of scratches you.
>>
>>13747511
i want not boring melee, like in breakblade and code geass
>>
>>13747526
I'd be cool with that.

Personally I love kinetic and beam weapons and this could have been cool if any of them did anything. I guess maybe they could do shit if there were fights more often, but yeah, even when there is one aside from the mace thow a long ass time ago like >>13747528 said it's boring shit.

>>13747511
>/m/ doesn't know what it wants

To a degree yeah. I'd say most people just blame beams for beam spam when it's shows with shitty choreography for the fights that's the real culprit. Be it for Melee, beam heavy, kinetic weapons etc. Any of it can suck if it's done wrong, IE SEED Destiny.

That said I'm sure that a few people just have a general preference for a certain type of weapon, pr these could just be the people who were happy with beamspam shit saying they want it back.
>>
i fucking love what IBO did
it took literally everything /m/ constantly asks for in a series (no beamspam, mc is a trained soldier and not afraid to kill, etc) and made a boring series out of it
now everytime someone makes those shitty posts you can just go
>what is IBO
and they'll commit suicide
>>
>>13747558
pity about its lack of action scenes and the low budget other than that I'm actually enjoying the series
>>
>>13746531
that lance handle looks so happy
>>
File: 1448151960606.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1448151960606.gif
178KB, 160x160px
>>13747496
>Pink Norba Custom Kimaris incoming
[EIN SUFFERING INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>13746597
Gaelio is a cool dude. I like him.
>>
>>13747528
>It pretends to do clever stuff like mika says in the pepe fight he'll hit the weak points, but then we don't see that.
But we did. When he fought the Gusion, he went for the neck, then the wrist (or the elbow, it wasn't clear) and finally the cockpit.

>>13747542
>most people just blame beams for beam spam when it's shows with shitty choreography for the fights that's the real culprit
/m/ complains even when the beamspam is good, like in the 00 movie.
>>
>>13747646
huh yeah i think beamspam in 00 is better than SEED
>>
>>13746606
>>13746693
Kimaris' upgrade is MS E that will be released in March
>>
>>13747646
>/m/ complains even when the beamspam is good, like in the 00 movie.

Yeah but it seems in my experience at least there's far less bitching about it than compared to SEED. The people there bitching just probably don't like the type of fighting in general, or are just bitching.

No matter what there's always going to be a certain amount of people who don't like something.
>>
>>13746531
its going to job isnt it?
>>
>>13747646

Just because they made the beamspam necessary somehow doesn't make it good.
>>
>>13747823

I honestly disliked the beamspam, because...Well, how do you differentiate BEAMS? They're the most generic attack ever. 00 wasn't the worst offender, but it still had way too many attacks that were beams. Even the Raiser Sword was a giant beam.

Where do you go from there? All you have after that are bigger and bigger beams. IBO's reliance on hand-to-hand combat makes the machines feel a lot more solid, in contrast.
>>
>>13747823
They were a lot more interesting than your usual Gundam beam attacks, although never as beautiful and creative as G-Reco's.
>>
>>13747847
>Well, how do you differentiate BEAMS
Colour, effect and what shoots them. Are you actually saying all beam weapons are the same?

>IBO's reliance on hand-to-hand combat makes the machines feel a lot more solid, in contrast.
What do you even mean by that? Other mechs felt hollow? IBO doesn't even do a good job of making the mechs feel like they have weight as attacks usually have very little push and many times a hit ends up being a still shot, never mind physics in IBO is even more fucked than normal
>>
>>13746533
>Rebake has a halberd

I am now okay with the design. I was afraid it was only going to use that shitty graze rifle.
>>
>>13747899
Pretty sure that is part of one of those extra weapon packs, Pepe never used that axe either and the Man Rodi had a different knife with a thruster looking thing on it
>>
>>13747899
maximum Bandai shilling
>>
>>13747903
I know, but according to the description it will be using it and even has a place to specifically store it. Barbatos's cannon was sold in a weapon pack as well.
>>
>>13747753
As long as he isn't up against Mika 1v1, he should be fine.

By that I mean he's fucked since he's obviously going to go straight for Mika.
>>
>>13746840
if it is then great, there's been a shortage of lances in mecha lately
>>
Why are kinetic and physical weapons so boring, with 00 the only Gundam show to make them interesting?
>>
>>13747924
>implying Ein isn't gonna cockblock him and end up on the pointy end of the Kimaris' lance
>implying Gaelio won't use Ein's ruined Graze as a shield afterwards
It'll be a 2v1 in favor of Gjallahorn.
>>
>>13747646
I don't, I don't hate beamspam in any way.

>makes the machines feel a lot more solid
Fuck no. Someone post the webm again.
>>
>>13747511
>/m/ doesn't know what it wants
/m/ knows perfectly what it wants. It wants to hate IBO, so every and any aspect of IBO is shit, no exceptions allowed.
>>
>>13748192
I agree with this
>>
>>13747542
>I'd say most people just blame beams for beam spam when it's shows with shitty choreography for the fights that's the real culprit.
I think it's the classical internet problem where people have to have excuse for not liking something, so they pick and choose a thing and blame that.
But when you think of something like anime-mecha-space-fight-scene, there are tons of things that affect it. Camerawork, cutting, coregraphy (like you said), maybe dialogue, sounds, music.
All of those things and more affect the way we see a scene, but rarely analyze and realize how important some of those aspects are.

I think it should be ok, for people to sometimes say "I'm not sure why, but I didn't like it." and then add "Maybe it was..."
>>
>>13747569
Most people are. /m/ just loves being contrarian.
>>
>>13747511
Beams suck when the art style and sound effects sucks. Seed is the most obvious example of beams done horribly wrong
They're fine other wise
>>
What the fuck even is beamspam?

I just thought it was when beams were getting fired constantly like in SEED Destiny and 00, but according to some here, Unicorn has shitloads of beamspam. So what is it?
>>
>>13748247
>/m/ doesn't like standardized beams in 00
>/m/ doesn't like varied and different beam types in SEED

Honestly, it just seems /m/ wants rainbow beams. Those color-changing beams that make less sense than 00's frequency-keyed beams (red, orange, pink, and ELS blue) or SEED's beam types (RWB for plasma or antiproton beams and green for standard beam rifles or beam cannons).
>>
>>13748279
It is an ill defined term that gets thrown around a lot because it is easy to do so

If you had to really boil it down it would be fights that have nothing but mechs shooting off a million beams and not even doing much else. Beams are being spammed. At that point the term is not very useful as nearly every show has some element of that and it isn't even a bad thing, artillery is a factor of war, is useful for a narrative and can look good. Many shows do use it in a dull way though and as >>13748221 puts it
> Camerawork, cutting, coregraphy (like you said), maybe dialogue, sounds, music.
Are the real issues there. At best you could say many shows use it in a bad way that makes fights not very exciting.
>>
>>13748279
The space fights in LoGH are the pinnacle of beamspam, for example.
But otherwise, in reality, beamspam doesn't mean anything and is just a vague criticism thrown around for the sake of criticism, like
>I-IT'S ZEONWANK
>T-T-THE WRITING IS OBJECTIVELY SHIT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T APPEAL TO ME
I would be fine if people expounded on why they didn't like the usage of beams in a certain show, why they thought Zeon was being portrayed in a better light than the Federation, or which aspects of the "writing" (even writing doesn't mean anything to be honest, it just stands for "there's something I don't like about this show but I can't really say why or use any examples so I'll just use a catch-all and vague term like writing to call it bad") they didn't like and why.
Arguing on 4chan in general is nearly non-existent, and pretty much any discussion about anything eventually turns into people flinging buzzwords and memes around in lieu of an actual, logical argument. Maybe on the smaller boards with smaller userbases, or a subject matter that isn't incredibly accessible to teenagers looking to "ebin shitpost desu senpai", you can find informed discussion that doesn't resort to shitflinging. But sadly /m/, while kind of niche, is still anime and nothing attracts shitposting like Gundam does.
>>
>>13746531
Too bad it will only see 3 minutes of action in the whole show.
>>
>>13748430
No it will get 6, but 3 of those is Garma talking about his long lost brother
>>
File: 1445823921309.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445823921309.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>IBO
>>
>>13748151
00 made them look like and be as useful as beams.
>>
>>13747924
Too bad since Kimaris is the best G-tekketsu design bar none.
>>
>>13747924
>already half of the series
>evil gundam has yet to appear (your pepe shit gundam does not count, it didn't even have a proper face)
>jobs in its debut
how many bet this will happen?
>>
>>13749117
Pepe Gundam was such a disappointment as I thought he was going to shoot up the school in the ship.
>>
>>13746531
>-Used in the Calamity War by the first generation Sir Bauduin, a heroic MS. This is the reason the Bauduin family is one the 7 Stars.
It makes me think that Gaelio has a chance to live.
>>
>>13749153
Look up synonyms for disappointment.
>>
>>13749145
It even had a bunch of miniPepes. Nope, those were basically offscreened.
>>
>>13749153
I hope so cause I quite like Gaelio.
>>
File: CYpiQ39UAAATMO5.jpg (154KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
CYpiQ39UAAATMO5.jpg
154KB, 600x750px
>>
>>13749158
I know, but his family is a key figure to change Gjallahorn (Gaelio or his sister (she is just a kid)).
>>
>>13749153
>>13749164
>>13749175
Gaelio will probably die with the suit having minimal damage for McGillis to take.
>>
>>13749175
>>13749153
What part of this means he has a chance to live? garma being from the important family did fuck all for him?

Are you saying having a suit with a new suit for the show will protect him? That just means he is prime target for Mika to fight and kill

>>13749182
OP showed Chars new suit already
>>
>>13749153
Gaelio and McGillis will live, trust me
>>
>>13749192
>OP showed Chars new suit already
Haven't had a chance to see the newest ep. Pic please.
>>
Gaelio's spear - Gungnir is Odin's spear.
Gaelio's family ship - Sleipnir is Odin's horse.
King Baudouin (Baldwin ) of Jerusalem.

Grimgerde was a masked valkyrie.
>>
File: not char.jpg (23KB, 428x292px) Image search: [Google]
not char.jpg
23KB, 428x292px
>>13749248
You've probably seen the prototype of it posted in threads before. One with the bunny ears/Valkyrie looking head

Also this is char's new look, no really
>>
>>13749267
Ah, I thought it was for Tekkadan. I avoid most spoilers until watchimg the episode itself.
>>
File: Grimgerde.jpg (46KB, 853x391px) Image search: [Google]
Grimgerde.jpg
46KB, 853x391px
>>13749248
Grimgerde
>>
File: McGillis.jpg (58KB, 854x396px) Image search: [Google]
McGillis.jpg
58KB, 854x396px
>>13749267
McGillis on vacation
>>
>>13749161
And the ones that weren't were pretty much one-hitted - so much for their no one hits policy.
>>
please keep non-mecha anime discussion in /a/

>>>/a/
>>
>>13746531
>Gaelio's face
>"I'm going to die soon, aren't I?"
>>
>>13748164
Chocolate McMaskman is going to kill Gaelio to help with his plan to overthrow Gjallarhorn.

Blame it on the misfortune of Japan not being able to move on from anything.
>>
>>13749300
Gespenst?
>>
>>13749709
Gesundheit.
>>
>>13749691
I still don't get his plan. He wants to reform them? Okay keep doing the job you are then. He is already pretty high rank, adopted son of a pretty high up guy, soon husband that will bind two powerdul families and seems respected

He could start reforms from where he is right now, he seemed to be doing that anyway when we first saw him. It would probably help him increase rank faster as he makes them work better and are less corrupt
>>
>>13749748
But muh Char clone and muh 0079 references!
>>
File: 72a.jpg (30KB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
72a.jpg
30KB, 640x290px
>IBO surprises us and makes Not-garma kill not-char
>>
>>13749760
Right. Like that will happen.
>>
>>13749760
Yes, please. That would be a welcome change. I feel that Garma would live, because he has a little sister. Whoever has a sister in IBO, tends to live.
>>
>>13748459
Wow that's such a cool meme!
>>
>>13749809
But char has the little sister now
Garmas fucked
>>
>>13749809
>>13749907
Plus he has a knight-like Mobile Suit with aesthetics that would fit M'Quve's tastes, so it's double the deathflags.
>>
>>13749907
>doesn't realize that Sir Chocolate is actually a Treize pretending to be an Char
>can't see that Almiria will grow up to be the Marimeia to Jewhime's Relena in the memory of her late fiance
Man, it's so fucking obvious.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.