[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I just watched DYRL. Can we talk about it? It was really great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 503137.jpg (353KB, 1200x1654px) Image search: [Google]
503137.jpg
353KB, 1200x1654px
Hi, I just watched DYRL. Can we talk about it? It was really great
>>
well, anon

Do You Remember....?
>>
>>13744383

I liked it overall, but I wasn't a fan of them simplifying the Zentradi conflict down to the effect music having on them being basically magical.
>>
>>13744660
>to the effect music having on them being basically magical.
I thought it was just them being all BWAH YACK DECULTURE as usual
>>
>>13744719

No, see, in DYRL the music has the effect of re-awakening the culture buried in their DNA or something, which makes them turn on their command structure for not entirely clear reasons.

In SDF its about discovery and learning, its DYRL its magic brainwashing.
>>
>>13745080
and from that moment on, the Macross landscape went from 'culture' to 'fuck it, just music'
>>
>>13745195
You can't just keep repeating the culture shock aspect though. It was already done. Hell, if anything it was overdone by the end of SDF. There's only so many times you can have an alien race be all MEN AND WOMEN LIVING TOGETHER? P-P-PREPOSTEROUS and WHAT IS THIS THING YOU CALL A TELEVISION

This was the problem with Macross II. All of the culture, none of the subtlety
>>
>>13744383
sure anon what was your favorite part?
>>
>>13745225
I don't even remember that about Macross II. It was genuinely terrible for all sorts of reasons, though.
>>
>>13745346
I really liked DYRL's version of Hikaru confirming his feelings to Misa. I thought it was really well done and It made me feel really fuzzy inside

Also the final scene of the titular song playing over the final battle but that's everybody's favorite part
>>
>>13745613
It was pretty well done in Macross III, at least.
>>
>>13745628
Honestly, despite how goofy as a whole a Macross is, DYRL and Frontier's final battles set to the background music are some of the most get hyped scenes in all of /m/. Maybe that's because DYRL's finale is one ship versus four million and Frontier's is a colossal fleet versus fleet battle: the scale of those battles boggles the mind.

I'll even forgive Delta's idoru shit as long as it delivers on it's final battle in similar fashion. Though DYRL is just a classic at this point and Nyan Nyan Service Medley is a seven minute medley of most of the better Frontier songs composed by none other than Yoko Kanno. I hope Delta at least has spectacle because I don't think it can compete music-wise.
>>
Really loved minmay in this one
>>
Theres going to be a new Blu-ray. It's supposed to be uncensored unlike the last one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.