[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fafner Exodus Thread: Mark Seinherjar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 39

File: ZFJO0MP.jpg (33KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ZFJO0MP.jpg
33KB, 400x225px
>I am still here!

pastebin: http://pastebin.com/yU1UV6xL
>>
>>13736355
So anons, how many years until we get a sequel?
>>
File: 核BBA.jpg (263KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
核BBA.jpg
263KB, 1440x810px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr4vTgYv3HI
>>
The show is over. Why the fuck are you still making shitty 24/7 threads? All this does is obfuscate the moment when real news for this comes out because the thread talking about will have this same generic OP and all the non retards that stopped opening the old 24/7 thread because there was nothing new to talk about will miss the news when it does come out.
>>
>>13736570
I agree with you but y'know
SEED has been over for more than 10 years
>>
>>13736570
>>13736572
So something that isn't airing should not be talked about because you are afraid that people won't realise something is up when there is actual news?

Sperg some more
>>
>>13736570
What effect does it have on you? If there's still discussion to be had there's no reason not to have a thread, and they're easy to ignore. Maybe you can't think of anything to say without constant content, but it's a very discussable series, no different from the fuckton of threads for every flavor of Gundam every single day.

If there is actual news it'll get around no matter what, like always.
>>
So does anyone else feel a little iffy that the SDP Side Effect subplot was dropped in the end?
>>
>>13736380
best girl
>>
>>13736876
It could have been taken further, sure, but I think Mimika showed us everything we needed to know.

You lose your human form and there's some real horrific shit in store, but not your life, so ultimately it's not as bad as regular assimilation. All the other pilots getting to the endpoint would just be repetitive, we already know they'd only be able to function inside their Fafners.
>>
File: 1452094228128.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452094228128.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>13736876
i dont think mimika should have been brought back
like this shot would have been so much better if everyone was barely managing to stand because of the side effects. Sui holding ball mimika. Kenji trying to keep sakura warm. Sui struggling to stand wilst also having rina leaning against him struggling to stay awake
>>
THE BABIES
THE BABIES
THE BABIES
H
E

B
A
B
I
E
S
>>
>>13736929
Anon please we can't handle that much despair.

Some of that makes sense, but it was the end, we needed some hope. Without at least Mimika back we'd be left to assume they're all stuck that way the rest of their lives .
>>
>>13736820
The problem is it's not being talked about. All the real discussion happened while it was airing and having these threads up all the time only runs what there is left to talk about into the ground. Notice that this still has less than 20 posts. I'm not saying this shouldn't have any threads, but continuing the 24/7 nonsense now is stupid.

>>13736864
>they're easy to ignore
They're also flooding the board with zombie non-discussion that should have stopped months ago. I don't want to see Fafners become another one of them.
>>
>>13737012
If people aren't interested in discussing it any more, any given thread will drop off after a day or two.

If people are, the threads don't preclude any others, people can still make other threads about whatever they want. That's how this works. There's literally no harm done.
>>
File: 1445968310662.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445968310662.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
What was the point of bringing Koyou and Kurusu back and then doing nothing with them?
Why did Reo and Mimika have absolutely no character arc?
How did they manage to fuck up so bad in the last quarter when the rest of the show was so perfect?

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>13737064
I think it was the case of Ubukata putting in too much stuff into the show and realizing near the end that there's no way he can wrap it all up in 26 episodes.

>What was the point of bringing Koyou and Kurusu back and then doing nothing with them?
Notice how their SDPs were also dropped fast. Kurusu only showed it off once and Kouyo's "poison" was reduced to being just his wormhole sword.
>>
>>13737064
>What was the point of bringing Koyou and Kurusu back and then doing nothing with them?
For the next show/OVA/movie
>Why did Reo and Mimika have absolutely no character arc?
They had their little love story of love blooming on the battlefield. Not everyone needs to have an EPIC TRAGEDY otherwise it's forced drama
>How did they manage to fuck up so bad in the last quarter when the rest of the show was so perfect?
That's your opinion. Maybe you should go back to G-Reco.
>>
>>13737064
There was a lot to cram in and the pacing went slightly off the rails, but I think it deserves a little more credit than that. It stuck the landing surprisingly well for the limited time they had left.

That penultimate episode was 10/10 too, without it the pacing would've been fucked entirely but they salvaged it.
>>
>>13737085
>Not everyone needs to have an EPIC TRAGEDY otherwise it's forced drama
Isn't Mimika turning into a bowling ball temporarily exactly that?
>>
>>13737074
Shouldn't they both have SDP by default anyway? "Super dimensional power" is just a blanket term for Festum abilities since they tend to be time-space related.

But I'll still agree that neither were really expanded on enough. Kurusu's more limited time control I'd be willing to accept is only because of Dreizehn, but Kouyou doesn't have the same excuse. Maybe Orihime was just trying to sound impressive.
>>
>>13736929
I'm so glad Sakura and Kenji survived. In Exodus they seemed like a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>13737064
Bad writing.
>>
>>13736888
For my part, I'm not quite sure what seperates Mimika's case from Canon's.

Perhaps my mistake is thinking the bowling ball was the end result for Mimika, and she would still have been assimilated if she had kept piloting in ball form.
>>
>>13736929
>i dont think mimika should have been brought back
Yeah that's one thing I actually dislike. I know too much sufering isn't good, but bringing people back from the "dead" (and lts be honest BallMimika was as good as dead) should be kep at bay as much as possible. We already had too many people being (semi)alive despite dying and most of those either died again.
>>
>>13736929
>>13738187
They should have stuck the bowling ball in the Goubain helmet and built Mimika a cyborg body.
>>
>>13737160
Shit, I just wish Kouyo fought in his Festum form instead of the Mark Vier.
>>
>>13737026
>If people aren't interested in discussing it any more, any given thread will drop off after a day or two.
Except generalfags bump dead established generals even when no one is posting to keep them up so the only way for them to really die is for the general thread creators to stop which almost never happens.
>>
>>13737064
What I expected
>The 4 of them pull off cool badass moves like bigger versions of DA ep. 26

What happened
>Koyo and Misao limited to 1 cool move per fight

Still loved the show though
>>
So, Hester was right all along?
Will there ever be peace between humans and festum?
Is kazuki still human?
Are people from the island still infertile?
Is it possible to install an Einherjar engine into a salvatore model?
ANATA WA SOKO NI IMASUKA?
Do you think there will be a movie?
Will Maya become a serial killer?
Will Soushi jr. also love Maya?
are you there?
>>
>>13741671
Anonymous can you NOT be so ass blasted?
>>
File: 1452332319132.jpg (679KB, 1424x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1452332319132.jpg
679KB, 1424x1068px
Oh good a Fafner thread, exactly what I needed.

One of the wiki people here.

Saw these - pic related and >>13726806 - posted in the last thread.

How much do we actually know about the weapons? I'd make an article for them, but would like to know some instances of what they look like/who used them or which Fafner can equip them, etc.
>>
>>13741739
Because your shitposting and "holier than thou" attitude is so much better right?
return to nothingness
and by that I mean to your tokushit
>>
>>13741896
Maybe you could get some reference for the weapons from the psp game.
But I don't know if you guys would consider it kanon
>>
>>13741671
Anon could you kindly show yourself to the door? The guy you replied to isn't even me. You're just shitting on anyone who posts just because you are a sperg who can't accept a thread can live beyond a show.

The only cancer here is you.
>>
>>13741896
Wiki-person could you link again? Forgot to save.
>>
>>13741896
It's never actually been referenced specifically, but the Fire Drake is most probably the flamethrower that Rina always uses, right?
>>
>>13742468
Hm, that might work. If any info on that game exists that is.

>>13742541
alvis.towerofmist.net (it's in the pastebin too)
>>
>>13742556
In Exodus' website, Rina's flamethrower is called "Salamander".
>>
>>13742561
http://nicoblog.org/psp/iso/soukyuu-no-fafner-jpn/
We should get this translated, it doesn't seem to have that many lines
>>
>>13742634
A Salamander is pretty much a Fire Drake, isn't it?
>>
>>13741671
Are you even here bro?
>>
>>13742561
derp. Thanks
>>
>>13742458
Yeah my anti-general attitude is 100% better. I'm not wasting posts by mindlessly typing up a list of memes to post to keep a thread no one is using from falling off the board. Also I like how you bring toku into this despite that having a shit tier general thread as well.
>>
>>13742534
>The guy you replied to isn't even me
I don't even know why you think I have to think a particular post is "you" to reply negatively to it. That post was total shit that was only made to bump this thread that no one was using because that idiot is a cancerous generalfag.
>>
>>13745366
It's just an anime bro.
>>
>>13745442
Not him, but as one of the guys that made threads during its airing, I kinda wish they'd go away until BDs are out or there's fresh news.

Also, this thread was nearly dead and that anon's questions are pitifully inane.

I remember several people telling the anti-"general" guy to cool it during the airing, including myself, but there's really not "much" more to discuss at this point that isn't just stale and recycled Serifaggotry not that I mind that in theory.
Like, say someone just caught up and wants to make a thread, go ahead, but they wouldn't need a pastebin in the OP for that.
>>
>>13742681
Hmm. Not a whole lot of info I can find on this game. Probably too old/obscure.

Should probably see if I could get an emulator running to play it. Not that it helps much, since Japanese.

Although on that note, should probably check the few SRW games Fafner has been in. K and UX, I believe?
>>
>>13746446
You should go for UX since it covers heaven and earth as well.
>>
>>13745467
>Also, this thread was nearly dead and that anon's questions are pitifully inane.
Anon, I get it, you hate the show and don't like discusing it, so please stop you make us look bad.
sage for off-topic
>>
>>13746717
I like how you're trying to pretend only one person thinks you should let this thread die. Here's a hint, I'm the one constantly talking down to you from my moral high ground of knowing generals for non-airing series are total shit.
>>
>>13745467
Just dont read them. Fafner threads should exist when people are willing to discuss it, instead of arguing about whether there should be fafner threads or not.
>>
>>13747056
>Stop talking about anime on 4chan!
>>
>>13747056
Anon, did a festum assimilate your mother or something?
You are way too hostile.
are you there?
>>
File: Orihime.webm (776KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Orihime.webm
776KB, 640x360px
>>13746717
Well seeing as spoiler]I'm webmbro.[/spoiler] I got this sneaking suspicion I definitely don't hate the show.

>>13747080
Fair 'nuff
>>
>>13747086
You seem to be mistaken here. I have no problem with an occasional Fafner thread now but this 24/7 general need's to die because it has no excuse for existing when the show is over. After this threads dies in another week or however long because people keep bumping it instead of letting it go, there should not be another general thread made because there's no need for a constant stream of fafners threads now. Also I watched and enjoyed Fafner but these threads only had actual discission on airing day and the thread right after the airing thread with just noise for the others. Only the one anon cataloging NUN fafners and the other anon translating the japanese timeline happened outside of those threads and not much else of note was done, but those days are long behind this thread chain and nothing like that is going to happen again so let it die now.
>>
>>13747726
As long as you don't bump for shitposts the thread will die sooner. If people are talking about it then why do you care?
>>
>>13747251
Them Seriz... damn
>>
>>13747726
Just jumping in, but I'd say posts like this seem a lot more reasonable than barging in saying the threads are shit and cancer or whatever else. I can see where you're coming from, though I also don't really see why generals and the like are bad aside from "muh board culture".

There's no requirement for posting standards and weeding out the posts that count as "constructive" seems like a fruitless effort. We're all just aimlessly talking about robots at the end of the day, one post is the same as any other. You seem very set on the idea of what counts as actual discussion, but this is a place to casually talk, creative helpful things like translations are a nice bonus, not the intent.

I'll agree bumping for the sake of it doesn't do anything, but we don't need to Fenrir all Fafner threads as soon as a show ends. It hasn't even been a month. I miss it. The threads will die down naturally with time as they draw fewer people, trying to silence it only leads to arguments and people posting in spiteful retaliation, in turn bumping the threads, like we see here.

And I mean, one of our main characters literally got turned into a baby. These things take time to get over. It's hard for some to think Fafner threads will now just be relegated to obscurity, but it'll happen naturally, these last couple have been pretty tame.
>>
Which group for S1
>>
>>13748219
Philosophy-raws if you can handle the size. Just ignore all the bonus music and scans.
>>
>>13748219
Anything but Daman
;^)
>>
>>13748252
Bad translations or bad video quality?
>>
>>13748255
Just bad subs. They're the official translation but any time song or sign subs are onscreen they override the actual dialogue.
>>
>>13748274
The translations are bad too because they use Crunchy's and we've already had it confirmed multiple times how bad they are, sometimes saying the exact opposite thing of the dialogue (refer to the archives)
>>
>>13748312
Did Daman get their hands on Exodus too? I was just referring to DA, and the Funimation translations are reasonable.

Exodus though yeah there at least we have based anon fixes.
>>
>>13748312
You're talking about Exodus. First season was translated (and released) by Funi. Daman sucks because of what >>13748274 said.
>>
>>13748323
>>13748337
The Funi subs are garbage too though

>>13748323
>Exodus though yeah there at least we have based anon fixes.
Nah those only fixed names and such, the stuff pointed out by moon anons on the generals were never corrected
>>
>>13748343
As far as I know, it was a "work in progress", but I'm not really sure. And let me add a correction there, Funi's streaming service sucks (subs and video). They do a better job for home releases, which is what Fafner was.
>>
>>13748337
First season was done by Geneon outside of Heaven and Earth, bro.
>>
>>13748379
Shit, you're right. I completely forgot about them.
>>
This whole conversation is just making me sad we'll never get a western Exodus release.

Come on Funi, just throw out a cheap sub-only set to put on the shelf.
>>
>>13748360
Subfag here. Yeah, it is a WiP. I've found a couple more errors in S1. As I've said before I'll be updating S2 once BDs release. Eventually, I'll put a sub batch on Nyaa.
>>
File: Koryo.png (750KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Koryo.png
750KB, 1280x720px
>>13748563
If I can make a request for the future, I always thought this bit at the end of 19/start of 20 should have had "a core" instead of "the". Not strictly an error but it looks bad.

But that's not nearly as important as the actual errors, so whatever. Thanks for all the hard work, I'll keep an eye on Nyaa in however many months.
>>
>>13746690
I'd love to play it, but 3DS.

Makes things kinda complicated.
>>
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>13752229
>>>/a/
>>
Will anyone even upload the next BD that's coming out? I'm mostly just curious because it has Hiroto's full song, finally.
>>
>>13752400
>Will anyone even upload the next BD that's coming out?
Probably. Philosophy Raws guy said he'd try and do the whole Pt.2 at the end of the release cycle, I believe.
>>
Say, did anyone bother to translate that Soushi birthday special thing? I didn't get round to watching it and may this weekend, and could post any interesting snippets I get from it
>>
>>13753060
Not that I know. Please let us know if they discuss anything fun.
>>
>>13739390
Well, at least there's always SRW to make a badass combo.
>>
So about Exodus last episode - isn't Fumihiko's little stunt here pretty much a NUN civil war asking to happen?

Give them all the info, all good. Now we have these people vs. Hester faction.

Or worse, a third faction who's all "good data they gave us, how nice of them, but all Festums/Festum sympathizers should still die, also Hester is evil and needs to go."
>>
>>13754492
That's for the future. But after that little stunt a lot of things are possible, and most of them are really bad.
>>
>>13754492

We saw machine-gunned soldiers in the wake of Prometheus' takeover, so it's not like things were going swimmingly for NUNs unity beforehand.

We really don't know the consequences of Fumihiko's revelations. We know the defecting forces were aligned with Burns, but that alliance has probably frayed considerably. Hell, if Burns has lost a large part of his forces he probably can't push for Hester's removal (especially if those commanders put out the message that Burns is pulling shit that even Hester never tried).

Of course, this is Fafner were talking about. Not much chance of things resolving without sufffering.
>>
How did Kazuki survive Ai's fenrir
>>
>>13755561
Salvator vs shitty NUN Fafner, it's just like Fafners tanking worm spheres.
>>
>>13755561
Why did Kazuki get thrown underwater by the fenrir?
>>
>>13755569
Yeah, although I'm not certain it really matters who makes the Fenrir as Nicht tanked Eins's
>>13756085
Was it underwater? I kinda thought it was a weird representation of a pseudo-Festum reality.
If, I was reading to much into it, he probably just used the Worm Sphere to teleprot like Nicht did.
>>
>>13756204
It's possible, it looked like a deep sea trench like from RoL or Koyo death, but it could be SYMBOLISM
>>
>>13756208
Yeah, I kinda thought he was stuck in the "Worm Sphere Super-Highway" of sorts. I know he/Kurusu/Kouyo teleported out of whatever place it was that he was in because they used the Green colored friendly teleport Worm Sphere

I also can't use commas today for whatever reason.
>>
>>13755561
Salvator models are strong.
Ai's suicide was all part of Gregory's plan.

>Ai's suicide enrages Jonathan so he goes and destroys everything AND it's only strong enough to weaken Kazuki so Gregory can seize control

Gregory keikaku game too strong. He just couldn't win because Canon and Orihime have future visions that let them fuck his keikaku game up
>>
>>13756330
Gregory was a qt I hope he comes back more to have his boypussy drilled by the heroes
>>
>It's a Kurusu and Floater pretend to help the island kinda finale

>>13756330
Fucking l33t h4x0rz.
Poor Walker.
>>
Another thing I noticed on the rewatch. I had completely forgotten that Tatsumiyajima used to be referred to as API-1, but they suddenly started calling it D-Island in Exodus. What exactly did these stand for?
>>
>>13756757
Arcadian Project Island-1 (of 3)
D-Island=Dragon [Palace] Island.

NUNs probably switched monikers after sacking and then dubbing API-3 to "Atlantis" and API-2 (posthumously, kinda sorta) to "Avalon"
I don't know exactly why they changed nomenclature, but that's my speculah.
>>
>>13756757
Are you sure? I'm pretty certain that they used D-Island and API-1 in Dead Aggressor.
>>
>>13756973
I don't remember D-Island at all. They did use API-1 though.
>>
It keeps happening.

So I had forgotten that some of the adult mechanics actually trash-talked Shoko after her death for wasting the Sechs. The drama CD pretty much made it clear that Soushi started rumors, but were they "in" on Soushi's ruse, or did they legitimately fall for the rumors and continue it?
>>
>>13758111
All Soushi did was trash the grave I believe.

There were just kind of douchy people

Not everyone on the island was a Saint
>>
>>13758111
Lots of people fell for the rumours, like Rina.
>>
Question, for the wiki:

DA aired in the US at one point, right? Wikipedia says something about Funi, but when was this?
>>
Maya, I'm about to do something extremely wicked
>>
Finally got around to listening to the 2015 versions of Flugel, tera, and azul,

What the fuck, how do both Ishii and Kiyasu sound younger?
>>
>>13762351
I know for a fact it circulated as part of their Comcast On Demand free shows lineup some time back.

Didn't really care for it, but I can say I spotted it while rummaging around.
>>
>>13762969

Hmm. So it was on demand, at least.

I'm curious to know if it actually aired/are there US airdates available anywhere.
>>
If Kazuki wasn't as dense and had to choose between Canon, Shoko, or Maya, who would win the Kazukibowl?
>>
Is Tatsuiymiya's Mir using Shoko and Canon as conduits for Kazuki and the islanders or just for convienence? Do they have emotions?
>>
>>13765780
Maya. Shouko as runner up. Canon was frindzoned so hard that she needed a universe where everyone else was dead to win the Kazukibowl.
>>
>>13765920
>implying
He doesn't even call Maya by her name, it's definitely Shouko
>>
>>13765953
She's dead, mate. If she were alive she would have probably won, though. Maya is the only female alive that registers in Kazuki's radar.
>>
>>13765780
Soushi in a maid suit.
>>
Does any upcoming new mecha even come close to Exodus? Gundam is garbage. Macross Delta looked good, but could easily be garbage. Anime feels fucking boring now.
>>
>>13766611
Witnessed.
>>13766634
MJP Season 2
>inb4 "shitposting"
>>
>>13766634
>>13766655
Wait, what kind of question is that even? I'm not prescient, so I can't compare what "may be" with what "is."
If MJP 2 does happen, it'll likely carry on MJP's similar vibe to Fafner with muh family and gene manipulation shit.
>>
Watching fafner after like 10 years of watching the original and trying to get to Exodus.

Man the original series aged like shit, I can barely tell who is who and the action is really garbage. The early 2000s sure has pretty shitty animation compared to how I remember it. The series is pretty much evangelion until the 2nd half where it started to get interesting and everyone started to have more fun knowing everything's going to go to shit.

I really enjoyed Right of left, it's a huge stepup from the original TV show and I love all the characters and knowing they all died horribly in the beginning of Fafner.

I'm watching Heaven and Earth right now and goddamn, the action is so beautifully choreographed and I'm very impressed at how good the story and characters is getting despite me not getting what the heck MIR and core and all the festum things are all about so far.

I can't wait to get to exodus over the week or so, it seems like a lot of people on /m/ are enjoying it.
>>
>>13766715
DA looks better on a 2nd watch. Some of the feats/fights are as awesome as Exodus, but you don't really appreciate ti as much the first time.
>>
Mahq published their review of episodes 14-16
>>
Sui seems similar to Koyo. His parent problems ended well, while Koyo's did not, but it would be awesome to see them as friends.
>>
So what are the advantages of Fafners compared to normal non fafner robots again?

I mean why risk the assimilation side effect when it's been shown that their weapons can easily kill fafners with nukes and snipers and stuff.

I know that fafners protect against the Are you there assimilation attacks but is that the only thing Fafners have against normal non fafners?
>>
>>13767474
Fafners were designed to counter mind reading/assimilation attacks. That's the benefit. The Festum that can attack mentally can't just instant kill a Fafner pilot

Did you fucking pay attention to anything when you watched the show you retard?
>>
>>13767508
Just going through the original series.

It seems to be a lot of pain in the ass to create pilots by cloning them with mixed festum parts and then developing a Fafner that will kill the pilots when they pilot them long enough.

Then they'll barely survive against Festums because they're brutal as hell.
>>
>>13767537
>It seems to be a lot of pain in the ass to create pilots by cloning them
They have to use cloning because that's the only way they can reproduce. Did you pay attention?

The original priority of adding the Festum factor was protection against Mir pollution like what sterilized the Japanese.

And the Fafners being death traps is meant to reflect just how fucking strong Festum are.

Without Fafners the war with Festum is basically "throw enough guys at a Festum until it's too distracted killing other ones until somebody gets lucky" or "Nuke it"
>>
>>13766715
As far as Mir goes, the series never really attempts to explain what that's all about, which can lead to some confusion.

But it's basically the "true form" of Festum, the physical location of their hivemind. Festum are just an extension of a given Mir, not their own unique existence, so not really "there". And then when a Mir is broken each piece of it becomes a new Mir, like the one in the movie, and that's how the island got theirs, a new Mir can be influenced to be beneficial instead of trying to assimilate everything.

It'll help to keep some of that in mind as Exodus goes on, it only gives you a couple throwaway lines to explain some important stuff.
>>
>>13767508
Not him, but I also wondered that. I know there were many side benefits to how OP fafners are, but why use them in the first place confused me. I only knew the parents did it as a last last resot.
>>
>>13767672
That makes people like Kurusu confusing, since mir has shown the ability to contain new single existences within it
>>
>>13767691
Watch any fight with conventional weapons and you will see how it goes. The one at the start of RoL is pretty telling. Pilots get assimilated or killed in an instant. Fafner will eat you pilots eventually, but with them "wining" a fight is not a dream or a "we nuked that part until there were no more festums, or humans or land or anything else" scenario.
>>
>>13767705
Yeah, those are very special cases though. The more Festum learn from humans the more human-like they become.

Kurusu was just a freak accident since his Mir was in so much pain that it didn't want to be reborn at first, so we got him instead.
>>
>>13767737
I got the impression Kurusu was their attempt to rebirth Soushi, but is that accurate?
>>
>>13767766
No. Soushi was a pet project that Kurusu itself did. Kurusu was, to its Mir, just a tool to use against Tatsumiya.
>>
>>13766762
>DA looks better on a 2nd watch

I'm the guy doing the rewatch, and this is so fucking true. The main issue with the earlier episodes is that they pretty much immediately start off the subplots of every pilot and their families without proper introductions. Coupled with Hiraiface, and it becomes difficult to remember who is who. On top of that, there are just so many things about the setting that they gloss over and don't explain until Kazuki reaches the NUN base halfway through that it becomes hard to realize how fucked everything is.

I'm actually wondering whether or not I actually should recommend people watch RoL first just to make it easier to get into, even if I hate watching out of production order.
>>
What does crossing do?

It relieves the stress of piloting and ensures they get assimilated slower right?
>>
>>13767812
I thought DA was still pretty bad until episode 10. Koyo's fight is pretty underrated, and later stuff like Kazuki vs. Idun battles and the finale are really good, like the fights from Heroic Age (for obvious reasons).
>>
>>13767829
I thought crossing was mainly a built-in way to communicate in battle, and that's why the seigfreid system was needed for a long time, to have a connection to the CDC. Obviously there is the shared pain side effect too. Kenji and Soushi are awesome to be able to pilot while seigfrieding. The reason why all the NUNS forces in the DA finale couldn't communicate with each other was because there was no crossing. It's the only way to talk when fighting festum.
>>
>>13767860
>Kenji and Soushi are awesome to be able to pilot while seigfrieding
Actually Kenji is the only one who's ever piloted whilst also using the Siegfried System and that's on top of dealing with the strain of using his SDP as well.
>>
>>13767829
Festum can intercept standard radio waves, and even assimilate through them. That's why the the Nothung models, at least during DA, were not equipped with them. Crossing pretty much mentally links the pilots together, so they can communicate free of Festum interference.
>>
>>13767956
RoL pilots did the same thing too. That's why the Titan Models ate them so freaking fast. It wasn't just crossing.
>>
>>13767956
He also had the Sleipnir system integrated, to take some of the burden off Sakura from controlling the Troopers.

I'll always be amazed the idiot son from DA became such a badass.
>>
>>13767972
It's pretty incredible coming from the guy who would scream about wanting to go home whilst piloting in DA.
>>
I hate though the storyline of "assimilation phenommennon changes your personality". Makes their accomplishments seem less their doing.
>>
>>13768003
>I hate though the storyline of "assimilation phenommennon changes your personality". Makes their accomplishments seem less their doing.

I don't understand what you're saying. You disliked it? It was an element meant to show having a giant robot plug itself directly into your central nervous system so it could operate had chemical side effects.

It was neat and it ends up being a way to show how far the science has come between the original and Exodus.

In the original your ability as a pilot could be heavily compromised if you ended up with a personality shift that fucked your rational thought up like Kenji, Sakura, Koyo, and Shoko but with how far medicine has advanced mediate that with drugs.

It's one of the nice touches in HaE that you realize on rewatches. In that both Kenji and Maya are in full "Personality shift" mode on their first sortie because they haven't had time to get any injections to suppress it. Then the next time you see them sortie, Kenji's actually really composed and Maya's emoting
>>
>>13768057
I mean the idea that it feels like Kenji didn't really grow up, Mamoru didn't really protect people, etc., it was the festumness that did that, just bothers me.
>>
>>13768072
>I mean the idea that it feels like Kenji didn't really grow up, Mamoru didn't really protect people, etc.

That's wrong though.

Mamoru ended up taking the helmet off before the end and still worked to protect people. His last moments were him protecting people, without the helmet or altered state of mind.

Kenji getting in a Fafner for the final assault on Polaris was proof of his maturity. Nobody forced him at that point. He understood that despite having a handicap while piloting, he still got in.
>>
>>13768072
The altered consciousness is almost gone by the time of Exodus though, just look at the gen 3 pilots. Only a few of the more aggressive cases seem to really be present, Sakura was always hit pretty bad, and then again with her SDP.

And even then it's still them. Their personalities shift slightly because they have to mentally synchronize with a giant robot and feel everything it feels, but they're still the same person.

Mamoru, and all the Goubains aren't really the best case sample. Mamoru practically put himself into some sort of weird self-hypnosis while wearing the helmet. But everybody else remembers everything they did in the cockpit.
>>
>>13753060
Anon, are you still there? Weekend is over and I was looking forward to what you might've translated from it.
>>
>>13768389
Didn't get round to watching it this week, maybe sometime later
>>
File: 53730130_p2.png (377KB, 600x1038px) Image search: [Google]
53730130_p2.png
377KB, 600x1038px
>>13766611
>>
>>13762956
This reminds me, were all the character songs ever ripped?
>>
>>13772574
Did it get removed from nyaa? I can't find it there anymore.
>>
>>13772574
>>13772748
It does seem that the torrent for the latest album were removed so in track order.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ovorjm.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/exbqci.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/brgdtv.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/giuplw.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/mlebix.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/svsvjg.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/epizja.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/uqftce.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/ywhncb.mp3 https://my.mixtape.moe/ylcdcl.mp3
>>
>>13773395
Oh my god that Mimika song.

Did the gen 2 kids ever get character songs? I haven't really kept track.
>>
>>13773395
tracklisting?
>>
>>13773992
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KICA-3258
Just scroll down
>>
>rewatched Heaven and Earth
>Soukyuu has "Trust me Trust you"
Just how many fucking callbacks to the earlier songs does Dead or Alive even have?
>>
I guess Right of Left was streamed on nico today? Seeing a lot of tweets about it.
>>
>>13775051
They're doing a marathon stream of RoL and Exodus over 3 days I believe.
>>
>>13773492
Don't think they did.

Hiroto's song is supposed to be on one of the later Exodus BDs as an extra, though.
>>
>>13773395
Damn, I could see that Canon one being in the show
>>
Anyone have that old official art showing the Alvis ship flying? I seem to have misplaced it.
>>
>>13780540
>>
>>13780540
>>13780622
All that excitement when we thought tatsumiyajima was going to space, instead it sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Ah Fafner ....
>>
>>13781561
>we
>space
that was just you m8. People only hoped for some flight
>>
>>13781921
I didn't. It was an stupid idea.
>>
File: Seri hair.webm (523KB, 498x404px) Image search: [Google]
Seri hair.webm
523KB, 498x404px
>>13779618
>>
Does anyone who is the seiyuu of the Gregory type festum?
>>
Kazuki really needs an upgrade for the Sein.

It's so lame compared to the Raison and the Nicht.
And the Raison has a fucking Mustard and Ketchup color scheme for gods sake.
>>
>>13783922
Sein was like Fafner jesus.

Able to heal people and assimilate everything and win.

Did it really need anything more than super speed and the lance?
>>
>>13783999
If it wants to be cooler than the Nicht and Raison yes.
>>
>>13783905
Shizuka Ishikawa. She also voices Sakura's mom.
>>
>>13780622
Thanks!
>>
>>13784071
Thanks mate, she doesn't have many roles sadly, I wanted to hear her bratty voice one more time
>>
File: 51313513.gif (256KB, 225x211px) Image search: [Google]
51313513.gif
256KB, 225x211px
Details about the event on the Jan. 30 are up. Any chances of anything important popping up?

http://fafner-exodus.jp/news/20160123.html
>>
How do the people on Tatsuimiya Island get payed? I know with money.. but do they circulate it or something?
>>
>>13787341
looks like they're going to have Kazuki, Soushi and Maya's VA's as well as the director, mecha designer and producer at the event. It'd be nice if we get something out of it
>>
>>13788981
They're screening something. Perhaps an extended BD episode?

Maybe le final sortie ;_;
>>
>>13789336
>extended BD episode
If nothing else I'll hope for this. Feels like they would've said something by now though, especially with all the Nico marathons.
>>
>>13765920
When faced with death
>Canon said "I love you"
>Maya said "goodbye"
>>
>>13789492
To be fair Maya's known for years she doesn't stand a chance. Canon still had hope until she saw what the cost would be. Even speaking as a Canonfag, it wasn't gonna happen.

I can't imagine Kazuki in any romantic context without laughing though. Soushi might be the most awkward, but Kazuki's not the most intimate guy around either.
>>
>>13789492
She first asked for forgiveness, anon. She knew that doing that would hurt him a lot (same shit that Shouko and all that) also her mental state was totally different from Canon's one, Maya was crumbling emotionally, while Canon was calm and contemplative.
>>
File: serizbzns.webm (667KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serizbzns.webm
667KB, 1280x720px
>>13783461
Best girl of Exodus atleast
>>
>>13788981
>>13789486
Lets hope so. I'm still hoping for a movie somewhere down the line atleast.

Since I haven't been following that, when are all the blu rays out? And how did Exodus sell? Did it do any good?
>>
>>13789934
The last BD, volume 12, is set for May 25th.

It seemed to rank pretty consistently among better-selling anime in the seasons it aired. Never number one as far as I know, but it always hovered around the top five or so.
>>
>>13789934
Last I looked Vol7 sold a little over 7k so it's doing very well
>>
>>13790035
>>13790095
Atleast it's popular enough that they might revisit it in the future then., thanks anons. Lets keep up the hope.
>>
>>13791785
Hope is just a pretext for more pain and suffering anyway
>>
>>13789486
>>13789336
Has there so far been any extended episodes except the first one?
>>
>>13793852
Not to my knowledge.
>>
>>13793852
Nope. People are hopeful for the last episode, but we haven't had any indication yet.
>>
>>13793920
Here's hoping. Too bad that the last BD doesn't come out until something like May.
>>
>>13750198
If you're talking about region locks, it was solved a while back:
http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
>>
>>13797212
Yeah I got the 3ds CFW thing a week ago and downloaded UX. Too bad I can't read anything... and so many stats, however the first mission with Fafner episode 1 x Luna and Shinn was pretty funny
>>
>>13773395
I can't even understand what they're saying, but that Kazuki and Soushi duet sounds chuuni as fuck.
>>
>>13797212
Might work, but my problem with this also includes not owning a 3DS.
>>
File: 54845910_p4.jpg (158KB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
54845910_p4.jpg
158KB, 1000x809px
Assuming there is any chance at all for an extended finale, what would you guys actually want to see?

Unlike the first episode there's no obvious fight portion to extend, it's just everyone getting BTFO by Raison. Some of the absent characters could do for appearances though, like Youko or Tamotsu.

An extended epilogue would be amazing too, but I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>13798727
An extended look at the new island 2 years later.

One last look at where everyone has gotten at that point.

Also Maya's final fight getting extended.
>>
>>13798727
More teamwork.
>>
>>13798779
Maya's fight was the most satisfying so I'd be ok with it not getting extended.
>>
>>13798800
Nah, I want to watch her sniping more.

Also I want to make it so the only reason Keith and Billy got close enough to try and suicide bomb was because she was too focused on sniping Jonathan from miles away
>>
I do feel like Seri's fate at the end could use more detail. At least make it clear Altair really did a number on her, to require being put to sleep like that.

Really felt like a missed opportunity for Hiroto to come up also. Even just a line about how she couldn't protect him or Tsubaki, but would save Orihime, at least something,
>>
I really did hope that the dead in the crystals could've been voiced. I know there's the issue with Shoko, but at least give a scene where everyone else said goodbye as they left the island or something.
>>
>>13798916
That would be cheap but I would like a bigger role for some dead characters. Just not all.
>>
>>13798883
It was clear enough she had no chance. I need more explanation of why Maya's niece has to get older though.
>>
>>13798940
Her name's Miwa, anon.

And that was mentioned about as explicitly as it had to be, back when she was aged up in the first cour. Miwa isn't strong enough yet to properly communicate with Altair, Ashoka tried to help, but forcefully growing up instantly could kill her if they keep trying.
>>
>>13798969
That scene was confusing and at times I forgot she was not a loli anymore cause it wasn't really addressed. I don't mind it but they never explain why she has to be older, or how old, it was just done really quickly.
>>
>>13798883
Her issue was with Tubaki/Orihime, she stated what she needed to say. I know lots of people shipped her hard with Hiroto, but her character was all about being a mom to Orihime, and she behaved like a mama bear when she had to do it.

>>13798727
Johnathan. Extend the scene about Ai's death, more of the islanders after the time skip, maybe extend the fights a bit.
>>
>>13798981
>they never explain why she has to be older, or how old, it was just done really quickly.
They did though. In order for her to chat with Altair, she's gotta be bigger.

>inb4 you get called a fucking retard or "Did you even watch the show :DD DD?"
>>
>>13799004
I just mean why. Although a bigger explanation isn't necessary, it's not like fafner usually holds back with festum related exposition, especially in Exodus.
>>
>>13799004
I think that anon meant "why" she needed to get older. How much older? Is it about her power? Why it correlates with her physical age and no with her mental one? I know it sounds like nitpicking, but they didn't really explain it.
>>
>>13799020
>>13799021
She just does. If I was gonna take a stab, I bet it has something to do with assimilation and age.
>>
>>13799021
I'll agree it is pretty vague, a more solid explanation, or age goal, would probably help.

As an idea though I think it makes sense, it's easy to forget Miwa is still super goddamn young, even in Exodus. Most 4-year-olds are barely going to remember anything from this age, let alone be mentally prepared to psychically talk to an alien hivemind and convince it not to eat your species. She just needs to be stronger and more mature to deal with something like that.

Hell, in H&E she was just two but could have passed for four or five, so that only confuses things more. Festum-y kids are weird, just look at new Soushi two years later.
>>
>Dead Aggressor / Left of Right
>2004 / 2005

>Heaven and Earth
>2010

>Exodus
>2015

Man I'm sure looking forward to the next part around 2020 or so
>>
File: JFMSU.jpg (91KB, 577x415px) Image search: [Google]
JFMSU.jpg
91KB, 577x415px
>>13799153
stahp
>>
Honestly the weirdest part about Miwa was that she always seemed to act at least twice her age, even going back to H&E and the start of Exodus.
>>
>>13799153
We just need KIBO, anon.
>>
File: SB.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SB.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>13798990
>lots of people shipped her hard with Hiroto, but her character was all about being a mom to Orihime
Being one of those shippers, I can't help but agree with you. Her ark payed some attention to the ship, but Seri's role was her being there for Orihime and she completed that role.

Still I'd be up for more Seri anytime
>>
>>13799560
I don't think a line of dialogue would be that intrusive though, to tie things up.

Especially if Tsubaki came up too, back in DA Seri was still a kid and didn't have the power to affect what was going on around her. Now she's essentially an adult, and even if she couldn't do anything for Hiroto who was off the island, now she did have the power to help someone she cared about, and gave it her best shot, even though things didn't quite work out.

I just think it's a small missed opportunity for closure. Not a dealbreaker by any means, in the end I'm still just glad Seri technically survived.
>>
Imagine if when Kazuki and Soshi turned to leave from the beach, that Maya was waiting for them and was waving for them on the road.

Also, why does Kazuki seem so.. sad on Watasumi Island? Is it because he is not on Tatsuimiya?
>>
>>13799770
I mean we barely see him, there's not even a look at his face. Kazuki's not usually very peppy.

He is raising the reborn child self of his closest friend though, after years of piloting a death machine and watching his friends die around him. Parenting is tough enough the normal way.
>>
>>13799621
>missed opportunity for closure
I'm up for that anytime
>>
>>13799621
Her character got all the closure it needed, though. She was all about protecting the island and Orihime. In the finale, she went to sleep with the island because she wanted to protect Orihime from Altair. It wouldn't have made any sense for Seri to start babbling about Tsubaki and/or Hiroto to Orihime.

Maya, on the other hand, didn't got any kind of closure. She was breaking apart emotionally the last time we saw her. I'm not talking about her getting or not with Kazuki here, I'm talking about anything to conclude her character arc.
>>
>>13800008
>I'm talking about anything to conclude her character arc.
This, Maya got shat on by everything and her arc didn't even go anywhere.
>>
>>13799772
It's only a matter of time until Kenji gets reset and Sakura has to raise the baka musuko as a single mother.
>>
>>13800008
She has the most likely setup to go traitor now. Imagine, an Asuka who goes full Char.
>>
>>13800031
That would never happen, something like that would go against all her characterization. The only way I could see that happening is with her believing that the upper management of the island killed or wants to kill Kazuki, which is unlikely as well.
>>
>>13800008
Honestly I just wish she had something, anything more in regards to Hiroto.

People will argue there's nothing there, but even just narratively, the two shared enough screentime that it feels like a slightly loose end. Sure Orihime was the main drive behind her arc, but these are very multi-faceted characters, none of them are so tied down to a single plotline or relationship.

Again it's not some horrible crippling flaw, but another unfortunate product of the time crunch the show ran into near the end. All things considered they still found a way to end that was satisfying, somehow.
>>
>>13800079
You're mixing up facets with relationships there. First, Seri was a supporting cast member, her facets were all established back on DA. Second, her arc was tied to Orihime's one. Just like Hirito's was tied with Akira's one.

Perhaps you're empathizing with Hiroto but remember, Tow really likes the unrequited love.
>>
>>13800051
Still, she comes from the family with most "traitors", Mitsuhiro betrayed the island, Jonathan didn't want to but was forced, Yumiko turned a gun on her kin and got assimilated by Ahsoka. And Hester Fester is on her case too telling her to betray.
>>
>>13800094
Hiroto deserves to come back because he's a bro. I think the most bro characters should get to come back as fafners or festum things.
>>
>>13800256
Terrible idea
Bringing back Mimika was a mistake as well
>>
>>13800259
I'll agree about Hiroto, but Mimika never died. She wouldn't have either, Diablo-types aside. That's how the SDP assimilation + Einherjars work, she lost her human form but would still be able to pilot eternally.

Just being a ball at the end while everyone else is intact would be pretty shitty. Seemingly all Kazuki did was fish her real body out of the island's Mir.
>>
>>13800278
So basically, only Hiroto and Akira died because they left the island... and Canon. Fuck.
>>
>>13800278
>everyone else is intact
Except Rina is still sleepy
Leo is full of holes
Sui can barely stand
etc
She should have stayed a ball and Mimika coming back is the only thing I dislike about Exodus together with Kazuki becoming a demigod
>>
>>13800288
Well Akira died from good old normal Fafner assimilation. The Zero was even upgraded with Einherjar tech, but it still just has too much of an appetite.

Piloting it by himself is what really did him in, he got the full assimilation load instead of splitting it between them. But he did save Rina in the process.
>>
>>13800317
>The Zero was even upgraded with Einherjar
It wasn't, they upgraded it with the "Canon" system but only when Sui got in
>>
File: Canon System.png (644KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Canon System.png
644KB, 1280x720px
>>13800328
It was with Akira, it was mentioned in the same scene where the twins were testing out their SDP.

Even if not, that only proves the point. The Zero's some dangerous shit even among Fafners.
>>
>>13800332
The Zero just loves the Nishios. You just don't understand its love.
>>
>>13800297
Yes, but they were still able to talk and interact and generally be human. Reo didn't completely disappear into thin air, for example.

If Mimika had remained a ball it would be a giant obnoxious question mark on what could be the last we see of Fafner. The others still have the hope of Kenji's medicine getting better and technology generally improving as it tends to between installments, while she'd just be a dead end.
>>
>>13800340
Suddenly imagining a chibi theater episode with Zero and Akira
>>
>>13800364
This could have been easily solved with a naked newtype moment between Mikika and Reo where she says she's happy to have met him and will always be there protecting everyone
>>
>>13800398
I was honestly surprised Crossing didn't work while she was a ball. I mean Soushi did it without a body.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNoIVxI7m4o
>>
>>13800328
#rekt >>13800332
>>
>tfw Mark Sein wins you 300k in Saltybet
>>
>>13802102
Did it have meter mechanics?

Always bet on meter mechanics.

Unless it's DBZ.
>>
There must be SOME sort of continuation coming, right? Website says they're having another event on 5/8.
>>
>>13803855
Well, looks like they're bringing a fair few of the VA's to that event and it's only a few weeks before the final BD. I remember them teasing some sort of big thing for May so hopefully there'll be a movie announcement or something, but it would also be a good time to announce an Extended ep for the last BD.
>>
It feels like Fafner needs one more TV series to complete it's story. A lot of this is tied to the island's Mir, and by extension, it's Core

If Tsubaki was a pure sweet child, than Orihime is probably a moody teenager. It feels like the core needs more iteration to complete the cycle? Third core as a mature adult maybe?

Also there's the think with reborn Soushi. The Island Mir seems to understand the issue of death and birth, but it hasn't delved into parenting, raising the next generation and passing the torch

I feel that's needed to complete the Island Mir's growth.

There's also the idea of propagation to consider. The core knows about death and birth, or to be precise, re-birth. But does it understand propagation? Maybe the franchise should end with the Island Mir having another Mir child? and this ties back to the parenting issue.
>>
>>13804429
I already assumed there'll be another movie and series, although it's probably dumb to assume that.
>>
>>13803855
Not necessarily.

>>13804429
It doesn't. Its main characters arcs are over, the only one left out was Maya, and that kind of fits anyway. Would I like a sequel? Of course I would, but the show doesn't really "needs" one
>>
Hiroto's song today?
>>
File: KIXY-2.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
KIXY-2.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
Does anyone know what exactly is in the blu-ray soundtrack that's up at cdjapan? Is it a video of the Warsaw Philarmonic Orchestra playing Fafner themes? Or is that wishful thinking?
>>
Does anybody think that in a few years there'll be a Fafner English dub, or will it stay in Japanese subs?
>>
>>13806542
You could look at the page in CD Japan, it says exactly what it has and in English too.
>>
>>13806766
Let's be real here, even if Exodus ended up getting a dub, it would probably have a different set of voice actors again.
>>
>>13804944
I got you.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28089112
>>
>>13807223
ayyyoooo
>>
>>13807223
Goubain OVA when?
>>
File: Crying Rice.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crying Rice.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>13799153
>>
>>13807223
10/10 aidoru
>>
File: 3d.jpg (152KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
3d.jpg
152KB, 1000x730px
http://cgworld.jp/interview/-exodus.html

Neat.
>>
File: 2h.jpg (56KB, 755x456px) Image search: [Google]
2h.jpg
56KB, 755x456px
>>13812683
Any moonfags find any neat details in here? Google translate can only give so much.

Also, this fucking deformed arm.
>>
File: 54968588_p0.jpg (156KB, 709x1000px) Image search: [Google]
54968588_p0.jpg
156KB, 709x1000px
>Exodus is actually inspiring doujins
>straight doujins

You will soon learn a new hope has been found in the event horizon between existence and nothingness.
>>
So what was the name of the town the island is based on?
>>
Webm bro, can you upload them in an archive somewhere or dump them again
>>
>>13813200
>drawn like random moeshit
I'll pass
>>
File: 54128601_p0.jpg (186KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
54128601_p0.jpg
186KB, 500x714px
>>13814763
I'm pretty sure Chizuru got a doujin too. And maybe Seri, as well?
>>
>>13815728
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54097254
Only full one I saw is Canon. Linked for lewd.

Chizuru got a couple that previews suggest are just short bonus books. Sadly your pic is just standalone art.

>tfw no Youko
>>
So anything interesting come out of today's event?
>>
>>13817234
Lots of wwww on twitter. Nothing of note so far so far aside from VAs wearing the Goubain helmet.
>>
>>13817234
If they are going to announce any sequel or anything it will be during the May event. Wait it out, go to school, get a job etc.
>>
If google translate isn't lying a bunch of people started talking about the Robot Damashii figures on twitter

If that actually came up at the event I'm surprised.
>>
>>13817292
I wasn't expecting any news about a sequel, was just curious if there were any interesting little details like >>13817409
>>
>>13817409
>google
could be festum
>>
>カノンのワンピ姿と帽子の決定稿。アフレコ時に既に曲はつけていた。小林さんが練習時に歌(愛すること)が入ってると泣いてしまうので、音を消して練習した。

Hopefully a kind moonreading anon can actually parse some of this, but through Google it sounds like Canon's VA had to practice some of her last lines with the sound off first, to keep from crying in the actual recording.

And it sounds like director Habara recommended Marika Matsumoto (Maya) for Fafner in the first place.

Seems to be a lot of small production notes like that. If anyone can actually read it plenty of people are detailing the whole event, searching Fafner on Twitter brings up loads.
>>
>>13817518
Canon's lines felt awkwardly voiced but still genuinely sad.
>>
File: island7.jpg (482KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
island7.jpg
482KB, 1440x1080px
March event announced in IRL Tatsumiyajima.
>>
>>13818563
Oh that would be so awesome to go to
>>
>>13817409
Examples?
>>
>>13817518
Kanon's final lines from when she wore the one piece dress and hat. The after recording session had the music added already. When Kobayashi's practice got to the part with the song (about love) she started crying, so she practiced without the sound.
>>
>>13819759
>エインヘリヤルモデル、オリュンピあモデル、ロボ魂で欲しい?→金型使い回せるから行けるかも→今からでも

>エインヘリアルモデルはノートゥングよりも同じパーツが多いので金型が少なくてすむのでいけるんじゃないか説>ロボ魂

>一騎の親世代の話、いつかやるかも?
>ロボ魂再販と新商品出るかも?
>2部かなりディープだったの映像特典にするなりして残した方がいい、と喜安氏が進言

Google is just giving me "Robotamashii" and "resale" on some tweets. I get the impression it's less an announcement and more "speak up if you want them".

That last one is among a couple other news bits if anything sticks out.
>>
>>13819814
I think one of them says that they're not doing the Einj..model because the mold is same?
>>
>>13819828
Ok senpai, I lurked more and apparently "robot damashii" are "coming"
I hope they don't re-release Nicht after the money I paid :^)
>>
>>13819828
>鍵 エインヘリアルモデルのロボット魂、人類軍も?エインヘリアルモデルは共通パーツが多いので、金型が流用しやすいはず。

>ロボット魂再版と新モデル出る可能性が出てきた

Couple more if anything helps. "ロボ魂" on Twitter brings up most of this.

Maybe the Einherjar models are seen as too repetitive, with some Fafners that have releases already. It sounds like reissues might at least be possible if the interest is there, from what I gather.
>>
>>13819847
Your sacrifice will not be in vain.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>13819854
Can't blame them, I mean this is the Gundam board but who would buy the same models all over but with some crystal parts and an engine?
>>
>>13819854
They're saying that most of the designs share parts so fewer molds will be needed, which for Robo Damashii makes both releases and re-releases more likely.
>>
>>13819862
If it was the only way to get Zwölf or Vier I'd go for it. Not to mention the gen 3 Fafners.

I'd just as soon take Nothung releases for the first two though. The base molds are right there, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>13819887
>literally a Mark Elf
>literally a Mark Sechs
I'd rather have them do Vier, Dreizehn, Zero and Zwolf
>>
>>13819881
Thanks again. I guess we can only hope now.
>>
>>13819896
I'd be cool with some NUN models as well, although the only one that would probably get one is Mark Raison, if any.
>>
>>13819896
>literally a Mark Elf
>literally a Mark Sechs
If they were Einherjar models they'd be unique, anon.

But yes the rest take priority. Zwölf especially. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Zero though, unless they make it completely non-scale.
>>
File: 1.jpg (67KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67KB, 960x540px
>>13819902
>not a Raphael

Top pleb
>>
>>13819847
While as much of a pipe dream as it is, I truly would love some Fafner scale figure's. If they're actually going to re-release the robot damashii though, then that's awesome.
>>
>>13817518
This twitter has some more stuff like that as well. I can't read much of it, but there seem to a few neat details, like Reo carrying the sword his dad gave him in Susanoo's cockpit.
>>
>>13822471
https://twitter.com/uka0rf
>>
Now that I think about it, Fumihiko has had a pretty hard life. First, Japan nukes, and then Akane's turned into a Festum, and next is Kazuki becoming a Festum hybrid.. (Also his scar...)
>>
File: gobain, hasshin.jpg (83KB, 1011x568px) Image search: [Google]
gobain, hasshin.jpg
83KB, 1011x568px
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28121439

Yesterday's event got uploaded. I can't into moon, so the most I got out of it was them being embarrassed while forced to watch their events and interviews from 10 years ago.
>>
>>13822672
Well, no shit. You also forgot he's dying of disease.
>>
I want to watch episode 9 for the first time again.
>>
>>13826464
I liked 19-22(ish) the best.
>>
>>13814498
Yeah, when I have a bit more time.
>>
>>13826578
The final episode was the best one for me
>>
>>13827626
Good ideas but it was too rushed. I like the NUNS characters as characters way way more after the ending, since a lot of them had good scenes, but it was kinda blueballs as to the fights compared to the earlier fights.
>>
>>13827626
>no Shangri-La

More like final episode was the most R I O T for me.

Also, it shoulda started with Shutsugen for bonus pottery.
>>
File: The future we chose.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The future we chose.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>post yfw Hester is gonna be the next US president
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 1424x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 1424x1068px
>>13829061
I'd prefer Hester to Shillary. Also, if we we're going by prior memes, Trump actually lost Iowa so...

Anyways, mfw when a pure and blue, human America.
>>
>US
>2150 A.D.
>>
>>13826578
Pretty much like 7, 9, 17, 21 and 22 all equally. Albeit each for different reasons.
>>
Even on a rewatch, I'm still confused as fuck about this part.

One second, Kazuki is just fighting Festum-form Idun in the vanilla Sein. Then all of a sudden, Sein's armor bursts open and all the connective gel starts oozing out. The gel somehow spreads out and turns into molten lava and absorbs pretty much every Festum above and below ground, and some sort of mutant lava monster baby emerges along with a fuckton of hands. After Kazuki's acid trip of confronting his guilt, he takes control of the mutant and starts eating itself, then the lava cools down and new Sein comes out. And I think Tsubaki said something about the core being reborn as well.
>>
>>13833446
I always wondered if the whole lava Godzilla thing is because of, well, Fafnir. It looks reasonably dragon-ish, the namesake for the Fafners is just never really relevant beyond the first episode.

Going by Tsubaki's words the Sein itself was influenced by Kazuki's choice and completely reborn, so I'd just take it as an outside representation of what's happening. Maybe Fafner cores would all look like that if they grew outside the actual mecha, the cores are all small Mir fragments, they could theoretically have some kind of Festum form. Idun being swallowed in that whole mess probably contributed something too.

Mir and everything were such new concepts at the time though and that whole sequence was pretty insane, I'd believe it if someone involved just thought it'd look cool.
>>
>>13833446
I'm almost positive he got assimilated, but him and Sein got out just by hotblooded magic.
>>
>>13834340
Also it was eating itself because it was sad, just like Misao in the movie "But I hurt you blahblah how can I forgive myself" and Jonathan
>>
anybody know the ost for this scene?
>>
>>13835241
12. 人類が求めたもの
>>
Goodbye guys, I'll see you all when the sequel/movie is announced.
>>
My mom passed away today. On the way home I thought of fafner. The themes of fafner are silly and exciting, but now it's a little comforting. It's an example of a world where death is constant and always present, but also brings lots of joy, both to the viewers and islanders. The end of something is the beginning of something else.
>>
>>13837180
My condolences, Anon.

It's neat that you ended up thinking about Fafner.

>That which exists on the line will never cease to exist
>>
>>13837180
Sorry for your loss, anon. Hopefully Fafner can keep us smiling again and again.
>>
File: tsubaki chang.png (482KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tsubaki chang.png
482KB, 1280x720px
>>13837180
I envy you for being able to be this positive
Condolences, you made me tear up
>>
File: 55069938_p0.jpg (74KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
55069938_p0.jpg
74KB, 600x624px
Nyanight, Fafner threads.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.