[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

unpopular opinion thread time!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 30

File: harhar.jpg (122KB, 425x960px) Image search: [Google]
harhar.jpg
122KB, 425x960px
unpopular opinion thread time!
>>
I enjoy things.
>>
IGLOO 2 > IGLOO
>>
>>13733810
TAKE THAT BACK FUCKER
>>
Zeta is shit
G is bad
Turn-A is mediocre
Getter Robo is good
>>
>>13733866
2/4
>>
G-Reco is good

Valvrave is shit
>>
>>13733801
Shin Vs. Neo had very good animation, music, and battles
>>
File: 1451541157924.png (3MB, 377x4900px) Image search: [Google]
1451541157924.png
3MB, 377x4900px
Toku is /m/
>>
IBO is the worst gundam entry to date
>>
>>13733880
He said unpopular
>>
>>13733908
>I agree with it, that means it's a popular opinion
>>
>>13733801
Tomino did not rape your mother, or kill your puppy.

Anno didn't do any of those things either.

Kawamori may have tried to sell them pot though.
>>
>>13733891
Since when is that an unpopular opinion?
>>
File: 1424308435582.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424308435582.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>13733892
Just paste Tomino's face on Courage's head and that's picture would be 10/10.
>>
I hope IBO is the last Gundam anime.
>>
Cross Ange was good
>>
>>13733931
Eh, I get into arguments about SvN occasionally. It's not nearly as bad as the shit more popular shows like Eva get though
>>
>>13733801
I think people who complain about cartoons should take their ADD meds and go back to finishing their homework
>>
G-Reco is a masterpiece.
>>
>>13733918
Valvrave being shit sure as fuck ain't an unpopular opinion
>>
>>13733904
This is a thread for UNpopular opinions
>>
>>13734234
it is unpopular at Anime Suki where everyone faps over the constant dialogue.
>>
Gundam 00 was shit.

I don't get into arguments about childrens' cartoons.

Except when retards do the whole "Super and Real robots" thing because neither classification is meaningful or should exist.
>>
I honestly think that shitposting is bad and that we shouldn't do it. We would have a better board if every anon stopped and thought for a second before pressing Post.
>>
>>13734231
It is, deal with it.
>>
MSG isn't that great, SDF Macross is far better.

Nothing else remotely decent has come from the Macross franchise until Frontier.
>>
G-Reco is honestly one of my favorite gundam and is up there with early UC.
>>
>>13734296
>MSG isn't that great, SDF Macross is far better.
That sure is Unpopular and stupid opinion

>Nothing else remotely decent has come from the Macross franchise until Frontier.
>until Frontier
Kek
>>
G Gundam is the best series in the franchise.

Unicorn was okay and Full Frontal carried the series.
>>
The second half of 0083 is better than the first half.I enjoyed the ending.I like Kou.

I don't care about Haman or Scirocco.

CCA is a masterpiece.

Minmay is an angel.
>>
Moving to another board because you think the grass is greener on the other side is a shit idea - and most of the time, the people who follow that train of thought are actually part of the problem for the board they've left.

I'd be OK if Tetsujin #28 FX never got English subs.

If Virtual On ever got an anime series, Operation Moongate could be adapted very closely, but Marz, Oratorio Tangram and Force would all need a lot of work.

Silver Kamen was garbage from start to finish, and it deserved to be canceled. Ambassador Magma is pretty shitty too - and that goes for the OVA, as well. Also, Red Barron and Attack of the Super Monsters are SLIGHTLY overrated, but not by much.
>>
>>13734282
Not on /m/ it isn't. It's people who like Valvrave who should be posting in this thread. Where they will be promptly laughed at. And valvrager will then begin flooding /m/ with macros. Again.
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (404KB, 1920x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
404KB, 1920x720px
Tomino doesn't know how to write characters. His dialogue is not terrible but it feels off just enough to make his characters seem like aliens that try to imitate human interactions.
>>
I think /m/ is a wonderful place, full off kind anons at heart.
>>
>>13733801
SDF > DYRL
Lovers Again is just medicore rehash, and not complete shit.
IBO is ok.
Zeta's ending was terrible.
Nagai is a bad writer.
>>
>>13733801
People who watch mecha anime need to grow up and move out of their parents house.
>>
>>13733801
ZZ is worthwhile , specially for 2nd half.

Turn A should be watched after you are done with every piece of Gundam animation in the franchise

Evangelion is deep only when Shinji's portrayal of Anno. Rest is not 2deep4u freud inspired surrealism in art from the early 20th century. It just happens to be there to show depression and coming of age.

/m/ will not improve until macross , gundam and any hyped show goes off air for a while and becomes forgotton again.
>>
>>13733801
Macross 7 is shit.
>>
>>13734780
I genuinely think /m/ is somewhat of a decent board. Despite all the shitposting you still sometimes feel that the anons here care atleast a bit about the subject matter at hand. Compared to /a/ that consists mostly of horny teenagers that are only interested in getting off to seasonal doujinbait shows.

I'll take
>lel this gundam looks so much better than that gundam
>mecha anime x babbies need to leave. mecha anime z i way better.
over
>I want to do specific fetish related thing to girl A
>I want to beat up girl B with a bicycle chain
any day
>>
>>13733875
What two of the four aren't unpopular opinions?
>>
>>13734860
G and Getter.
>>
File: Kio AGE 3.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kio AGE 3.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Kio is best asuno
>>
All three Getter Robo OVAs are better than the manga
J-Decker wasn't that good
SDF Macross was just okay
The Eureka Seven movie and manga were just as good as the TV show and actually better in terms of pacing
The only thing really great about Escaflowne was its animation
King Gainer was boring
Shin Mazinger and ZERO are the only good things to come out of the Mazinger Z franchise
>>
Gundam is shit as a whole.

079 was the only worthwhile entry.
>>
>>13734795
Here comes the spic
>>
I liked Gundam Seed.
>>
>>13733801
Gundam should have stay cancelled.
>>
>Robotech is better than Macross and Gundam combined.
>>
>>13734987
This. I also feel like the genre as a whole would be way better that way.
>>
>>13734935
>All three Getter Robo OVAs are better than the manga
>Shin Mazinger and ZERO are the only good things to come out of the Mazinger Z franchise
Care to elaborate on why you think these? Maybe a bit on
>J-Decker wasn't that good
>SDF Macross was just okay
too.
>>
>/m/ has shit taste.
>>
>>13734621
>/m/ is full of idiots

Woooooow
>>
Everything about Muv Luv, from top to bottom, is awful.
>>
>>13733801
>We're horrible people.
>>
F91, is BY FAR, the greatest entry in the Gundam franchise.
>>
>>13735023
>>13735062
I'm not entirely certain these are unpopular to be completely honest
>>
Cross Ange is garbage

TimeFire/Quantum Ranger is not a Red Ranger.
>>
>>13735073
Crossbone is better than F91 and it's not even animated. 0083 Stardust Memory is the best.
>>
>>13735092
Those are facts, not unpopular opinion ;d
>>
>>13735100
Maybe to normal people, but not here on Autis/m/.
>>
>>13735062
I'm pretty sure most of /m/ thinks that, which is why we have a containment general for the autists who don't. Can't have them leaking to the rest of our board.
>>
>>13733904
Did you see destiny?
>>
>>13735134
AGE is worse than Destiny. At least the latter is entertaining in its stupidity.
>>
>>13735134
Clearly not. Probably thinks the Seed series the best.
>>
>>13735006
Of course he won't, it's just bait.
>>
>>13733801
I like victory and f91 for what they are
>>13734282
This is /m/ not /a/ we didn't ironically like it.
We did for samflam though.
Glorious piece of work that was.
>>
>>13735146
AGE concept isn't bad though and it was explicitly stated that it was for kids, so it gets a technical write off for me
>>
>>13735157
There is no excuse that can justify what they did in the last arc. That is some of the worst writing I have ever witnessed even by kid show standards.
>>
>>13734780
This is true irl.
>>13734859
I get that but like /a/ the mire niche the better here. Look at revenge classroom threads on /a/. Also best threads here come from derailed shitposting threads.
>>
>>13735152
This is an opinions thread, not a confessions thread.
>>
I think FMP Fumoffu is the only thing worth watching from that franchise.
I think Code Geass was never good.
I think the 0079 Movies are superior to the series.
I liked all of Gundam 00.
I also liked G-Reco.
>>
>>13734951
So is starwars but its the ride that counts.
>>13734959
Which things may i ask?
>>13734987
But then we wouldn't get the best part of gundam g gundam
>>13734995
Why are you on this board?
>>13735037
More like newtypes
>all newtypes are autistic
>>
>>13735062
Half the fans are just looking for something like gunparade, which killed its self with equally awful stuff.
>>
>>13735006
Alright, but I'm not getting into any more arguments than I already have over these opinions, so I won't reply to further posts.

The OVAs are more to the point. The original manga and G are forgettable and lack most of the cosmic horror shit the franchise is known for today. The only iconic scene they have is Musashi's sacrifice. Go begins five volumes that aren't like anything else in the franchise in structure and tone and ends with two volumes that make the first five irrelevant. Shin was good, but it was also less cohesive than other installments. Arc never got to its point, whatever it was. Anyways, I feel like Armageddon had more actual character development than the entirety of the manga (for Benkei, Kei, and maybe Saotome, anyway), and that the elements that each OVA took from the manga were used better in the OVAs (the Shin arc in New concluding and not being resolved in a separate manga, for example, or the Texas Mack in SvN being integral to the plot instead of pointless cannon fodder like it would have been in Go).

I hold the same opinion on the Mazinger Z manga that I do on the Getter Robo manga. Mazinkaiser was pretty bland as well, probably because it was accurate to that manga. It took Imagawa adding in a Metal Gear boss gallery pulled from other Nagai works, integrating stuff from Z Mazinger, having ridiculous shit like the Big Bang Punch and creating an overarching plot to make Mazinger exciting to me. Kouji's new and improved voice helped as well, no doubt. ZERO is great because I really like how it seems to completely fuck with your expectations about how the Mazinger Z story goes in a new way in every volume along while still somehow having over the top fanservice of every variety.

I dropped J-Decker around episode thirty or so because it was plotless. I knew it emphasized character over plot, and the characters were indeed good. It's just that they didn't do anything with them.

Macross had great animation. It also had Hikaru.
>>
>>13733801
0079 and ZZ are the only good UC
Zeta is terrible
Tomino shows are only good for the action
Characters being teenagers does not justify them behaving in ways completely unlike a human being for the sake of the story
Gunbuster is crap and if you think it was remotely original and/or better than Eva you should kill yourself
The best mecha is stylish 80s stuff, like Megazone 23, Bubblegum Crisis, and Venus Wars
>>
>>13735148
There are parts likable in seed but none in destiny. Seed is bad still though.
>>13735223
Fine i think the insane pacing for samflam made it better than rising revengence
>>13735237
Wait you didn't like gates in second raid? Also code geas like everything taniguchi directs isn't good in a technical sense thought can be entertaining.
>>13735303
Eva was worse in every since than gunbuster still. Anno is a hack with no original thought.
>>
>>13735255
>original manga and g are forgettable because they're to the point
>somehow it's okay for the ovas to do so

>ZERO
>Good
It has nice art, but the story is doubly awful.

Only thing I agree is that Shin Mazinger was good, not that it was the only thing good about the franchise.
>>
>>13735237
That's def unpopular opinion regarding the 0079 movie over series. I have to disagree with the code geass part. Some part of it is actually pretty good, like the ending for example. I also like G-Reco. I think it's thought out well and the animation quality is amazing. It's just unfortunate that it's only limited to its 1 season run without books and crap.
>>
>>13735356
>I think it's thought out well and the animation quality is amazing

Found the retard.
>>
>>13735363
G-reco does have consistently high quality animation. It's easily one of the best produced TV Gundams for sure.
>>
>>13735374
Too bad it has that weird fucked up outline effect going on that hurts my eyes more than chromatic aberration.
>>
>>13735387
It's just soft lines m8. There's nothing wrong with it. I think the show looks really pretty.
>>
>>13735389
It's not soft lines, it's textured.
>>
>>13735332
I don't think the original manga and G are to the point, though, mostly because they draw out their central conflicts in a way that the OVAs wouldn't have, meaning the OVAs generally have a better pace. Armageddon admittedly does draw things out, but it also has multiple plot lines running at once. And while that means it wouldn't seem to be quite "to the point," said plot lines are interconnected enough to where the conclusion feels like a culmination of all of them and that every moment spent on each of them developed the main plot in some way, unlike with Go, where again, if Hayato had started with Shin Getter Robo, the story would have been over in one volume instead of seven.
>>
>>13735363
Y u no like high quality? Plus Tomino doesn't fuck over his staff. He kept his homies working, and they are experienced.
>>
I'm fucking sick of UC Gundam. Especially early UC Gundam.

I don't know why it's so fucking hard for this series to let go of washing over the same tropes, scenes, characters and archetypes.
I mean, I can only think of a handful of series that I don't like, but I'm just so tired of it. Do something new with the series? Fuck no, there's gotta be Zeon!
Make a new AU series?
Yeah, but it better not be too different from UC, or otherwise, it fucking sucks!
Do something in UC's future?
Fuck that, no Zeon or newtypes!

I mean, shit. At the very least Final Fantasy can bring out a new series, and have familiar set monsters, weapons and themes, but I'm not stuck lugging around 4 crystals for ten goddamn games. They could at least say "hey, let's change it up".
I hear all this praise for Thunderbolt, and I just can't get over the fact that it's a fucking ALTERNATE take on the OYW! When is enough going to be enough?

On that note, I liked Zeta Gundam. Maybe because I was comparing it to GSD the entire time, but while it's not "Great", I wouldn't not recommend it.
>>
I dislike realism in my robot cartoons.
>>
>>13735457
The only parts of /m// that disagree with you on that one are the newfags and summerfags
>>
>>13733801
>/m/ needs to get a life.
>>
>>13735481
>We are wasting our lives arguing over shitty cartoons.
>>
I like Gundam Seed. I like Destiny too horribly flawed, but I enjoy it.
I enjoyed Aldnoah Zero.
I respect the original Gundam for what it is, but I don't care for every other Gundam I've seen by Tomino. (haven't seen Victory or Turn A yet)
War in the Pocket is my favorite Gundam anime. I enjoy 0083 and 08th MS Team thoroughly because they're pretty enough for me to ignore some of their bigger flaws.
IBO is alright, but seriously needs to get it's shit together on pacing.
Valvrave was a fun train wreck and I'd even like the mech designs at their base, if it wasn't for all the stupid shit tacked on.
>>
File: saki.png (97KB, 413x282px) Image search: [Google]
saki.png
97KB, 413x282px
I like Valvrave
>>
Tomino speak isn't weird, in fact I find how he writes dialogue to be realistic as speech is messy which adds character. I get bored of how staged many shows writing is

However I wasn't able to get into King Gainer

I get EVA and what it does but the show just never pulled me in

I preferred armored core when it's controls were clunkier as it felt more like controlling a robot, games are scared to do this now

>>13734490
>most of the time, the people who follow that train of thought are actually part of the problem for the board they've left.
This
>>
I love seeing how contrarian and hypocritical /m/ gets in these threads.
It's like watching children playing pretend one upping each other
>>
Everyone here will never get to pilot a giant robot!
>>
>>13734281
Shitposters gonna shitpost. People are gonna come in here who don't even give a shit and still shitpost.
>>
>>13734770
That's not an opinion, that's fact. The question is whether you think it's enjoyable or not that everyone talks like children who are trying to imitate adults in a stageplay they set up themselves.
>>
Why are these are always full of gundam hate?
>>
>>13737044
>Why would people troll the most popular subject on the board in a troll thread?
>>
>>13737044
Because Gundam is hyped up to be some kinda classic great series and it's mostly weird shit happening, bad writing and so-so animation. There's other better animation shows once you subtract the cultural significance.
>>
samurai flamenco was easily the best show of the last 10 years
>>
>>13737044
Gundam is by all means just an average franchise that is really popular. It's popularity attracts shitposting, it's questionable quality gives some minor justification to the shitposting since there are people who'll defend just about anything so long as it's Gundam related.
>>
I like Frontier, Zero and Plus.

7 is shit.

I'm looking forward to Delta.
>>
>>13737050
>Troll thread
More like a hugbox thread. People express their opinions here specifically because they don't want to start an argument and in some cases fish for people that might agree with them.

Though if you think people posting different opinions from the (nonexistent) /m/ hivemind is trolling, you may be too far gone to understand this.
>>
I really like Rau Le Creuset.
>>
>>13737692
Is that really an unpopular opinion?
He is one of the best characters in the SEED anime.
>>
I didn't find Hathaway all that annoying
>>
File: hate.gif (1MB, 528x384px) Image search: [Google]
hate.gif
1MB, 528x384px
>>13733801

I'm not sure that I can fit all of my wrong opinions into one post.

I like Battletech. MechWarrior 2 is one of the things that got me into giant robots and sometimes I get tired of samurai robots doing backflips and just want giant walking piles of guns to slug it out.

I also like Transformers, Robot Jox, Exo-Squad, Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles, Megas XLR, Sym-Bionic Titan, and Pacific Rim. It's fine to not be Japanese.

The parts of Robotech that are adapted from Macross and Mospeada aren't significantly different from their source material. People blow it way out of proportion because they're so obsessed with Japan. Southern Cross is the only segment that's truly butchered. Who cares about that, though? Even uncut, it's still Southern Cross.

Macross is unbearable, and the fact that I had to watch it twice just to type the above paragraph causes me great pain. Mospeada/The New Generation is the only one of the three Robotech shows that's worth watching cut or uncut.

Patlabor: The Movie is a better movie than Patlabor 2.

Godannar was the best Old Style Throwback Super Robot Show. It's better than GaoGaiGar and Gurren Laggan, but it gets unfairly overlooked because of all the tits.

Baund Doc is the single worst design in the entire Gundam franchise and no matter how many times you tell me otherwise I will never believe that you unironically like it.

Gundam Unicorn was okay until the last episode. The music and the mecha-porn alone were worth it.

I like Mazinkaiser SKL and I hate Shin Mazinger Z-Hen. While I can at least grasp why the rest of my shit taste is considered shit taste, I am baffled that this one is at all controversial.
>>
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>13733801
Banana may have no character to him at all, but Gundam Unicorn stuck the landing and only really gets awful if you read the director interviews

The Getter Robo manga isn't all that great, but it is by no means bad and deserves to be read by fans of the genre

Newtypes are the best thing to come out of Gundam and the existence of "space magic" does not discredit the realism in other parts of the series

Big O season 2 was good and ended perfectly

Most Gundam shows are boring derivative garbage

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still was boring and went nowhere with its inital cool premise

Zeorymer the OVA was decent for what it was

Nagano was never good

Kou was a good protagonist

G-reco was dumb but enjoyably so until the last quarter where it became one of the worst animes I've ever had the displeasure of finishing

The Zone of the Enders animes are miles better than the games

Mazinkaiser the anime sucked shit, Shin dosn't hold up on a second viewing, and SKL rules when it isn't being "serious"

Having never grown up with them, '70s Toei robot shows are harmless fun

Shin vs. Neo is the best Getter Robo anything, even with its lackluster ending

I appreciate that Patlabor's setting can be used for serious heavy stuff, but I prefer wacky cops

Turn A was never boring for a second

Gundam X had great characters but not enough to save it from being bland and uninteresting

I like Dann of Thursday's feet, they make it stand out and they fit with the rest of the design

I wish Shin Jeeg had more connections to original Jeeg instead of being a pseudo-sequel, or at least had Furuya come back

Katz and Hathaway were good characters

Voltron is a better name than GoLion but I know nothing about either series

There are two kinds of foregin language dubs: ones that leave you wanting to hear the orignal audio and script and ones that were adapted and acted well enough that you just don't care about the original
>>
>>13738040
How is that unpopular?
>>
>>13738152
>G-reco was dumb but enjoyably so until the last quarter where it became one of the worst animes I've ever had the displeasure of finishing
Found the retard
>>
File: Sol Brave Graham Special.webm (3MB, 820x460px) Image search: [Google]
Sol Brave Graham Special.webm
3MB, 820x460px
I was bored by 00 at first, but it got better with each episode by becoming more and more tense. I thought the second season was way better than the first in this regard. I also think Awakening of the Trailblazer is extremely underrated. It took a huge gamble by coming up with such an out-of-left-field plot but it succeeded by highlighting all the major themes of the series and bringing them to their extreme conclusion.
>>
SEED Destiny is my favorite Gundam show and Shinn is my favorite Gundam protagonist.
>>
I dropped Nadesico for the time being because no ending and it just feels like a tease
I'm planning on watching the Patlabor movies when I have some time but every time someone spergs about Noa I lose any desire to get into the franchise

>>13738152
>Shin vs. Neo is the best Getter Robo anything, even with its lackluster ending
>Zeorymer the OVA was decent for what it was

These I can agree with

>>13735396
I think Shin Getter was more of a last resort. Looking at what it did in Chapter 7 it's understandable why they didn't want to bring it out until the Dinosaur empire showed it's full power, since it would have taken too long to repair Getter Go and it wouldn't be nearly as effective in such a situation.
>>
>>13738276
For what it's worth, the only reason people sperg about Noa is because she actually feels like a character as opposed to a carboard cutout of a woman with random traits attatched. Don't let people's obsessions rob you of a great franchise. (also you can't just start with the movies, the OVAs are a lead up to the first movie)
>>
File: 634128.jpg (323KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
634128.jpg
323KB, 1680x1050px
I think these two are the most endearing couple in any show or movie I've seen, anime or not.
>>
File: Rembert thumbs up.png (54KB, 239x373px) Image search: [Google]
Rembert thumbs up.png
54KB, 239x373px
>>13738290
Don't you worry, I'll still watch it.

>also you can't just start with the movies, the OVAs are a lead up to the first movie
Ah, thanks anon.
>>
>>13738306
For the record, the continuities go:

OVA1 (The Early Days) -> Movies -> Live action (only the first episode is subbed)

TV series -> OVA2 (The New Files)
>>
>>13733801

0080 is overrated( though not bad at all. It is still a B+/A- anime)

Brain Powerd isn't that confusing and the show is really quite good.

The only problem with G-Reco is the rushed ending.

The first season of 00 was'nt that great.

Macross Zero was a good OVA

Ideon( save Be Invoked) and Dunbine can be awfully boring.

Turn A was never boring.

The original Bubblegum Crisis was only better than the reboot aesthetically.

Quess and Hathaway were good characters.

The first 12 episodes of Seed Destiny were excellent.

Lelouch, CC, and Suzaku from Code Geass were good characters.

Moral ambiguity and "grey area" shit is starting to be overdone. Sometimes having more clearly "evil" villains works out better.

Tomino Dialogue makes Anime better.

The FSS ova was pretty looking but boring.
>>
Every Gundam series/OVA/Movie falls somewhere between being a 7/10 and a 2/10 with an average being below 5.
>>
>>13738334
>Tomino dialogue makes anime better.
I see you've reached enlightening, my brother.
How can we make people understand this?Maybe is we sent them to space?
>>
>>13738311
Neat, thanks once more
>>
shit taste thread
>>
>>13733801
I like almost everything Gundam. I'd rate SEED Destiny and AGE an 8/10 each. Wing and Turn A are lackluster, I'd rate them 6/10.

The only show I don't like at all is G-Reco.
>>
>>13733892
>Turn A
>Perfect
I wonder what the maker of this image likes the most!
>>
>>13738442
>I'd rate SEED Destiny and AGE an 8/10 each
>The only show I don't like at all is G-Reco.
Tremendous shit taste bro
>>
>>13738469
There's just nothing good about it. Sorry anon.

Keep in mind, I'm very easily entertained. I also liked Code Geass, VOTOMS, and Gunbuster.
>>
File: 3jKLXJ7.jpg (351KB, 400x1274px) Image search: [Google]
3jKLXJ7.jpg
351KB, 400x1274px
>>13738334

I'm not mad about what you said.

But I am a little mad that you came up with all of these before me.
>>
>>13738481
>There's just nothing good about it.
The animation.
>>
File: G Reco cap.jpg (317KB, 1608x897px) Image search: [Google]
G Reco cap.jpg
317KB, 1608x897px
>>13738573
Terrible.
>>
>>13738446
To be fair, he's right. Turn A is easily Tomino's best Gundam series.
>>
>>13738579
It's worse than everything that isn't G-Reco.
>>
>>13738577
>still frame
>animation
I can see jpg artifacts all over that screencap too.
>>
>>13738589
Most of that isn't artifacts, it's just G-Reco trying too hard for a faux-retro look.
>>
>>13738589
I didn't even take it, you dumb shit, it was a promotional image shown before G-Reco even started airing.
>>
>>13738577
>the guy who rated Destiny an 8/10
>with the constant stock footage recycling
>says this

Shit taste beyond the 4th dimension
>>
>>13738595
No it's very obviously compressed in the background. Look at the blue lockers.

>>13738608
Doesn't matter. If you know what episode that frame is from, I can take a screencap from the BDs.
>>
>>13738616
Stock footage is one thing. Poor animation is another.
>>
>>13738616
Maybe he watched the HD edition. I've heard the difference is significant.
>>
File: HD Remaster Before 1.png (371KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HD Remaster Before 1.png
371KB, 640x480px
>>13738661
Well, that depends...
>>
File: HD Remaster After 1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HD Remaster After 1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13738665
...on what you consider significant.
>>
>>13738661
The HD is still full of stock footage although it is shinier.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 337x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 337x527px
My favorite mech is the Leo from Gundam Wing.
>>
>>13737044
Not everyone likes it, but it dominates this board
>>
>>13738670
Good old 2cm skirt.
>>
Gundam was a mistake.
>>
Hirai-face isn't that bad.
>>
>>13733801
G-Recofags sure are salty
>>
Dynamic Pro only produced crap for decades. Not even sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not.
>>
File: Madoka was shit though.jpg (223KB, 517x817px) Image search: [Google]
Madoka was shit though.jpg
223KB, 517x817px
TTGL is my all-time favorite anime.
I'm completely serious
>>
>>13739511
Liar
>>
ZZ wass a satisfying series that tied up zeta
>>
Robotech is better than the orginal
>>
Despite liking Gundam's MS designs and being into gunpla, I don't actually like any Gundam series except for 00 Season 1.
>>
>>13739641
Shit taste desu
>>
Getter Robo is Go Nagai's magnus opus.

Kawamori is the best Gundam designer.

Tomino is not bald.
>>
>>13739641
Hey Hiro.
>>
File: FEED ME PLAVSKIES.jpg (88KB, 616x804px) Image search: [Google]
FEED ME PLAVSKIES.jpg
88KB, 616x804px
Crossbone Gundam is shitty and GBF made better use of the material.
>>
>>13733801
>Anime is crap. The only good part about /m/ are the models, toys, and robots themselves.
>>
>>13738194
I do gotta agree that Awakening did wrap everything up pretty well for what it was.
>>
File: Haman_Karn.jpg (74KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Haman_Karn.jpg
74KB, 960x720px
I think Haman is shit.
>>
I can't stand any of the Tomino directed Gundam shows. I couldn't make it more than a few episodes into Zeta without losing interest and had to force myself to finish Victory and Turn A.

I liken him to George Lucas, he came up with a good idea, but its better that other people work with it instead of him.

Wing is the best Gundam series. Period.
>>
>>13743818
Almost caught me
>>
File: bait.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>>13743818
>>
>>13743539
That's correct though.
>>
Majestic Prince was boring as shit.

1 gary stu kid who wants to play savior, constantly disobeys orders and the rest of the squad of super human mech pilots are a bunch of do nothings. It could be summarized pretty quickly by

>Muh hero

On the other hand Star Driver is not only better animated but does the badass MC infinitely better without making him an annoying fuck.
>>
>>13733801
MG is better than HG.
I like Thunderbolt.
G-reco isn't watchable.
00 is mediocre
I liked the first couple episodes of IBO. Then it turned to complete shit.
>>
I liked Gundam Build Fighters more than most Gundam series.
>>
>SEED wasn't so bad
>Unicorn is the best early UC work period
>AWGX is the best standalone AU series
>00 S2 wasn't so bad either
>G is too super robot for me to like
>Turn A is a fucking next level masterpiece
>IBO is actually breddy gud
>western mecha is pretty cool
>we need more ballistics and practical weaponry in mecha shows
>>
File: yu7f7ufy.jpg (58KB, 540x502px) Image search: [Google]
yu7f7ufy.jpg
58KB, 540x502px
I think it is a fair point to say some people are too stupid for Greco as it is a show you need to concentrate on while being able to interpret events and characters

I'm also not saying greco is complex or flawless, just anime fans are really stupid and get very angry when they don't understand something straight away.
>>
I have to say, I'm surprised how correct >>13737685 and >>13738405 are, especially with >>13738152.
>>13739637
There would need to be more than five Dynamic Pro fans on /m/ for the opinion to be unpopular or not, though considering how they act I'm inclined to agree with you either way.
>>
File: acatreally.png (590KB, 677x380px) Image search: [Google]
acatreally.png
590KB, 677x380px
Mikono doesn't bother me in the slightest.
>>
>>13733801
Berserk is a fairly generic medieval power fantasy that only got popular because it was full of gore and sexual violence which made the teenage audience reading it think made them adults, causing them to give it far more reverence than it deserves. And anyone that claims its amazing or unique is just showing off the fact that they have never picked up a book a day in their life.
>>
>>13745144
To be fair, do you really expect the average anime or manga consumer to be knowledgeable about things?
>>
File: Auric-Goldfinger-Goldfinger-1964.jpg (157KB, 1000x596px) Image search: [Google]
Auric-Goldfinger-Goldfinger-1964.jpg
157KB, 1000x596px
>>13745165
No, mister Bond, I expect them to die.
>>
File: 1395508622690.gif (714KB, 350x241px) Image search: [Google]
1395508622690.gif
714KB, 350x241px
>>13745173
>>13745165
>>13745144

I'm not sure what is more cringy, weeaboos or art students who complain about them.
>>
>>13745185
>You can't criticize something without being a

Wait what?
>>
>>13745191
Some people tend to wig out when people call things bad and say that people that like those things are stupid and don't read.
>>
>>13745144
I think you got the wrong board.Or is Berserk /m/?
>>
>>13745191

Don't confuse complaints with criticism.

Art students who huff their own farts like it's the only clean oxygen are just as worse as weeaboos going on about how anime is the highest art form. Both cringy and annoying as fuck fanboys of a different persuasion.
>>
>>13745206

Guts basically is a cyborg also he has a power armor.
>>
>>13745206
>I think you got the wrong board.
>>13733801
>unpopular opinion thread time!

>>13745208
>Don't confuse complaints with criticism.
That's the thing, though, The moment you mention berserk, anything you say is a complaint, you're either underage, or edgy, or uhh... art student? Anyway, just because people get pissy someone isn't jacking off to their favorite medium, doesn't make it a complaint, Berserk being unoriginal is criticism, fair one as well since its neither first nor the last dark fantasy, a medium which is oversaturated mind you. so just saying its unoriginal isn't complaining.

Similarly, pointing out the sniveling defense drones are uneducated is just a fact, since nobody that's ever read a book would claim it is original.
>>
>>13745208
Yes sir, I will make sure to never insult people for liking something mediocre ever again. I've never taken an art class in my life by the way, due to the fact that I also hate artists and the kind of people they are.
>>
>>13745222

Your first instinct when you get told off for being an obnoxious shit is to immediately think I was the poster mentioning Berserk.

I'm talking about super cringy shit like

>>13745165
>>13745173

Both these posters sound like fat kids down at your local comic book shop trying to be edgy.

I don't give a shit what people jack off to in the morning. But to pretend your jack off material is high brow is even worse than that.
>>
>>13745283
Okay anon, you keep on doing as you wish. Never claimed I had anything resembling good taste.
>>
>>13745283
>They don't agree with me therefor they're fat and trying to be edgy.

What is this bullshit "if you're not with me you're against me" mentality that everyone and their mother has on the internet? Listen dude, whatever floats your boat, but don't for a second pretend you're taking the high ground when you try to pass on your projections with this passive-aggressive bullshit. If you didn't care you wouldn't reply trying to spout your pseudo intellectual bullshit, so how about you drop a couple notches from that high horse you put yourself up on?

>I'm talking about super cringy shit

One more word of advice, you should really get your shit together, because this is not a natural reaction to reading text on the internet.
>>
>>13745283
What's it like pretending to be an intellectual while your only contribution to a discussion is comprised entirely of logical fallacies with a heavy focus on ad hominem? I just wanna know what its like looking in a mirror and seeing a complete failure of a man that contributes nothing to humanity but still believes he holds any value.
>>
I see that it's time to get some popcorn for this upcoming back and forth
>>
The word "mech" irritates me. It sounds so incomplete without a word or syllable to follow it up.
>>
>>13745144
I liked the Golden Age and Black Swordsman. The art is nice too
>>
>>13745437
For that matter it's a word with such a broad definition, when pretty much everyone here talks about robots, giant or otherwise. /m/ really should be "/ro/ - robots" or something like that.
>>
>>13745437
i thought i was the only one
>>
Gundam UC would have been awesome if Pshyco-Frame only had movement enhancement effects, not fuckin BEAM BARRIERS AND OTHER BULLSHIT.
>>
Armageddon Shin Getter has the worst color balance out of any Shin Getter design.

Still rad though.
>>
File: 4-gettas03et7.jpg (39KB, 512x370px) Image search: [Google]
4-gettas03et7.jpg
39KB, 512x370px
>>13745815

I'll never understand the logic behind the all-mustard Shin Getter 3.
>>
File: 1449004113545.jpg (31KB, 683x470px) Image search: [Google]
1449004113545.jpg
31KB, 683x470px
I don't think there was a truly BAD Gundam series.
>>
File: 1452098118343.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1452098118343.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>13733880
>>13734216
>>13734332
>>13735237
>>13735356

>G-Reco is good
>Unpopular opinions
>>
IBO is one of my favourite gundams in a long time.
>>
File: van-sama shrug.gif (344KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
van-sama shrug.gif
344KB, 256x192px
>>13746917
I don't think there was a truly GOOD Gundam series.
>>
CCA was shit.
>>
>>13747074
DEEP
DARK
FANTASY
>>
Newtype is great concept i don't mind they keep using for every stupid plot hole they made cause dude them lights man so shinny
>>
I still don't get how people didn't throw shit at the minovsky particles idea.
Literally the whole fucking Gundam si based on its premise, but it is never explained.

Also Votoms had a great ending and all 52 eps were important and worthwile.
>>
I liked 00's movie. I just wish they gave us closure on some things.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.