[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some more legitimately well-written Super Robot and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: tunnel of bees.jpg (139KB, 533x496px) Image search: [Google]
tunnel of bees.jpg
139KB, 533x496px
What are some more legitimately well-written Super Robot and Kaiju shows that are visually appealing? They don't have to be dark and more character-driven, but I don't mind them being like that either, as long as they have adequate focus on the robot/monster designs as well. Bonus points if they don't spend too much time on fan service and takes place primarily on earth.

I watched a bit of Nadesico and enjoyed it, but it was a little brutal and felt a bit contemporary, but that's probably the wrong way to put it. I like Eva as well but it's more of a character analysis than mecha anime.

Sorry I'm being so specific
>>
>>13733770
DaiGuard
>>
>>13733782
>Dai-Guard
>Visually appealing
Those blushes look so weird though. And some of the animation is cheap.

>>13733770
RahXephon. But it's really dark.
>>
>>13733870
>RahXephon

Is it concluded? one of the turnoffs for Nadesico for me is that I've heard it's never been finished.
>>
>>13733881
Yes.
>>
>>13733770
>legitimately well-written
These description words are all but buzzwords at this point.
>>
>>13733881
Rahxephon is bad even if it looks good. It has its head up its ass so far that it's staring into its colon.

If you're not familiar with super robot, watch the Giant Robo OVA or something along those lines
>>
>>13733957
Yeah, I was considering Giant Robo. Haven't watched all that much /m/ stuff but so far it's all been super robots for me.
>>
>>13733770
>legitimately well-written
What does this mean?
>>
Giant Robo is definitely worth your time.

You also can't go wrong with Fafner.
>>
>>13733957
>It has its head up its ass so far that it's staring into its colon.
This is so retarded it hurts.
>>
File: Giant_Gorg_Illustration.jpg (206KB, 300x438px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_Gorg_Illustration.jpg
206KB, 300x438px
I like Giant Robo too

And i'd like to add The Big O and 2004 Tetsujin 28 with others old school retro robot.

You could also try Giant Gorg for the adventure
>>
>>13734268
What hurts is that people actually like a show which seems to go out of its way to make every plot development as incomprehensible as possible beyond the most basic details, and sometimes it doesn't even offer that much.

BONES got right with Eureka Seven everything they got wrong with Rahxephon
>>
>>13734363
Maybe you should actually pay attention next time retard.
>>
>>13733951
Everything is a buzzword by this point
>>
>>13734077
>>13733951
It means a professional writer won't cringe to death while watching it. Have you never been graded on an essay before? Do you know the difference between good and bad writing?

I swear, most people who watch anime are a fucking joke. It's like your favorite cartoons are somehow impervious to criticism because 'muh art is subjective'
>>
>>13733770
>I like Eva as well but it's more of a character analysis than mecha anime.
Retarded things you read on /m/
>>
>>13734686
On the other hand, they could be so jaded to the point where they actually cannot tell the difference between good and bad writing. I'm at that point. I haven't watched a single mecha show I'd consider to have good writing. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>13734698
I think it's valid, at least for the second half of it.
On the other hand, I also think Metal Gear Solid 2 is more of a dissertation on meme theory than it is a game.
>>
>>13734686
Good writing is writing I enjoy, and bad writing is writing I don't enjoy. In all seriousness though, I'll just agree with >>13734707 and say that more likely than not you cannot find a mecha series with objectively good writing. The two don't go together, they never have and never will.
>>
>>13734726
>I think it's valid
It isn't. Kill yourself.

>>13734707
>>13734751
>>>/a/
>>
>>13733957
>>13734052
Giant Robo isn't super robot.

The super robot era started with Mazinger's Opening song.
>>
File: Jar Jar is the key.jpg (20KB, 180x161px) Image search: [Google]
Jar Jar is the key.jpg
20KB, 180x161px
>>13734793
>Being this assblasted
>>
>>13734793
>says mecha doesn't have good writing
>must be one of those dirty /a/ fuckers
You keep it up with those assumptions anon, they'll get you places.
>>
Eva was pretty badly written.

Not that it matters anyway.

Anime has bad writing, if you're looking for good writing, you're in the wrong medium.
>>
>>13734870
OVA came out after that and is only very loosely based on the original series; as such, it is fair.
>>
File: cur01.jpg (205KB, 672x768px) Image search: [Google]
cur01.jpg
205KB, 672x768px
>>13733770
>Bonus points if they don't spend too much time on fan service
Fan service is considered good writing in anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaosnnQufxM
>>
>>13734884
The OVA barely features any giant robot fighting.

It's more in the wuxia genre than the mecha genre.

Applying labels that don't really fit won't do you any good.
>>
>>13734272
>2004!Tetsujin 28
>Old School retro robots
Why not try watching the first three Tetsujin 28 versions before that?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.