[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garo Thread: Soon Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 96

File: 1452278818933.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452278818933.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
GARO Anime Omake and Bar Talk
https://mega.co.nz/#F!ThwCnDQZ!9JW5e-J921xgbzZ7CtaK5Q
>Goldstorm Bar Talks
https://mega.co.nz/#F!rhpkHDoQ!cgub9fWTeScb3l4D_Y_76g
>DDL's for series and movies
https://mega.co.nz/#F!94IVTKDC!p7Pzw5Me6IdTvL5tv8k6qQ
>Soundtracks
https://mega.co.nz/#F!wgpWjSha!jJ5aBGuRrV7SdixctRqhVQ
>Anime End Cards
https://mega.co.nz/#!5oIjGTBD!A7dIS1uVvzZMZoCBsIJcZoH6RrcwdL-GI0iiwOZtygo
>But how do I get into the series?
First season or the Anime, Gomenrider subs for first season and Over Time for everything afterwards
>Biku Movie Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBk1TcXY2JI [Embed] [Embed]
>Watch order for series
http://pastebin.com/EvWdH89c
>New Zero TV series coming soon
>Makai Retsuden Show coming soon
>HnK movie Garo: Divine Flame announced for spring
>>
>>13727927
>triple [Embed]

So, Guren no Tsuki is halfway into its run. Does anyone really have any high hopes for the 2nd half? I think it's fairly safe to say that so far this has been by far the weakest entry in the series.

Just from the new armor model it looks like one of GnT's most glaring flaws is getting more or less remedied, but I'm still not really feeling any tension or hype from the plot or the action.

Douman still seems like he has absolutely zero depth or goal or really anything at all to say or do other than "muh darkness" and even with his "mid-series first real conflict" with Raikou this episode, he doesn't seem particularly interesting or threatening as a "force" either. Every single other antagonist before him has had more presence both as a character and as a threat by this point. Even Kiba and Eiris, who weren't really even there until the last little bit of their series, at least had a little bit of lore around them to make them seem impressive.

And none of the main cast seems particularly bothered with stopping him, either. Even after his big slaughter this week, neither Raikou nor Seimei seemed to care at all about what he did, other than Raikou being mad at Seimei for letting people die.

It feels like nothing has happened in the past 13 episodes other than Yasusuke leaving the capital then coming back to become a Knight.

I'm sure it will get better once the writer changeover happens and we get a model that isn't garbage, but right now I can't see myself saying GnT is better than anything else.
>>
>>13727962
I want to say Yamitera is still worse but Yamitera's last 5 or so episodes were really strong so who knows. I will say that Guren no Tsuki has by far the worst action scenes of any season of Garo.

Doughman is a pretty lame villain, his master seems like a far more interesting character than him to the point where I'm starting to wonder if it's intentional on the shows part.

Yasusuke is pretty much the only member of the main cast I really like so far. Everybody else is just kind of okay.

Atleast the OST is still god tier
>>
>>13727989
>I want to say Yamitera is still worse but Yamitera's last 5 or so episodes were really strong so who knows.

Yamitera got it's shit together in the second half in general, to the point I enjoyed the hell out of it after slogging through the first half.
>>
>>13727962
The second half will probably be way better than the first.What Michinaga is planning to do hasn't been revealed yet.Douman's lack of personality is maybe intentional and is most likely hinting at him being brainwashed by his master.There is no way there won't be an episode about their relationship.
>>
File: uno147-1.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
uno147-1.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>13727962
Not really high hopes but I'm expecting a wild ride since it's supposed to be Inoue Time from now on.
>>
>>13727962
has to be better than Makai Jesus

r-right?

personally, I feel the show has hit it's stride since episode 7
>>
>>13727962
I don't really think second half will be much better. I've decided to drop it so far but I'll still watch the threads - maybe something really WILL happen. Right now I see Guren no Tsuki as the lowest point of the franchise. I can't even bring myself to hate it - I'm simply bored and tired by it. Basically the only redeeming feature I see is Seimei and her shenanigans, and it's really not much overall.

As there's still no real story behind Guren no Tsuki. Douman and his master do not get any more clear about their intentions, Mitsunaga still cares only about the palace... We finally got a conflict (Raikou-Seimei) but it will either be easily solved next episode either it's resolution will be horribly and dramatically delayed until the very last episodes and they won't be able to talk it out because Inoue is still there.
>>
>>13728143
Makai no Hana was fun as fuck man, Guren no Tsuki is pretty dull
>>
>>13728179
don't get me wrong, it had some nice one shot episodes...but overall I reeally didn't car
>>
>>13727962
>I think it's fairly safe to say that so far this has been by far the weakest entry in the series.
Weaker than Yamitera? Damn, that season was fucking awful, a bunch of anime cliches blend together
>>
>>13728021
Yamitera heroes were so incompetent that I was rooting for the villains and they were a bunch of heartless monsters that killed children in cold-blood
>>
The Garo franchise jumped the shark after Kouga left. It's not that Konishi or the Kouga's character was THAT good but the writers don't know what to do with the franchise
>>
Anime Garo was a mistake
>>
Garo was a mistake
>>
Tokusatsu was a mastake
>>
Rate the seasons
>Great Tier
Garo, Makai Senki, Honoo no Kokuin
>Good Tier
Makai no Hana, Goldstorm
>Garbage Tier
Yamitera, Guren no Tsuki
>>
>>13728263
>Actually worth watching
Garo, Makai Senki and MnH

>Maybe I guess
Yamitera and Goldstorm

>Not even toku so get the fuck out
HnK and GnT
>>
>>13728263
Sounds about right, but I think it's unfair to judge GnT just yet. It might have a strong second half.

Wishful thinking, I know.
>>
File: hermit purple.png (241KB, 684x396px) Image search: [Google]
hermit purple.png
241KB, 684x396px
Is Douman Joseph Joestar?
>>
Raiga-sama was right, let one die to save many.
>>
File: 8I.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
8I.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
I still can't understand why people think that Yamitera is garbage and Makai no Hana is great .
>>
>>13728478

Makai no Hana had a few great individual episodes (the horror movie and manga ones come to mind), but overall I found it kind of dull and messy. I think the worst part of it is how they handled Crow when they remembered he existed. Even in the one true focus episode he got, Jesus Saejima stole his kill.
>>
>>13728483
Don't forget the biggest asspull in the whole franchise. The only thing that pisses me off in Yamitera was Takeru and Aguri being nothing but jobbers, the idea of a makai knight sentai sounded so cool but it was poorly executed.
>>
File: beast garo.jpg (132KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
beast garo.jpg
132KB, 560x560px
>>13728495
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>13728483
>stole his kill

You mean helped him out due to his 99 seconds being pretty much over after he burned most of them by flying? What, would you rather the horror get away?
>>
>>13728478
Because Yamitera is garbage and Makai no Hana is great, it's pretty simple Anon
>>
>>13728037
Remind you that Inoue and Kobayashi are 2 sides of the same coin.
>>
>>13728499

Every Garo gets some kind of upgraded fuck you form at the end of the series.

Except I guess Ryuga, but he got an upgrade in On kind of.
>>
>>13728523
Except Kobayashi has yet to write a bad show.
>>
>>13728591
>OOO
>Black Blood

She has written bad shows before, but she doesn't go full retard like Inoue.
>>
>>13728539
Ultraman Garo counts too, doesn't it?
>>
>>13728595
Neither of those two are bad, although Black Blood isn't that good.
>>
>>13728539
Golden Garo was an upgrade for Ryuga. Remember, Lost Shine (even if looked somewhat cool) was really weak.
>>
>>13728595

OOO and Black Blood weren't that bad. They weren't fantastic, but they aren't Inoue.
>>
>>13728595
You should at least throw in BLASSREITER, and CASSHERN Sins.
>>
>>13728504
Anon, the writers decide when the 99.9 seconds tun out. So they decided that Raiga would steal his kill.
>>
>>13728478
Amemiya/Saejima cocksucking and actual suit fapping.

Jokes aside, YamiTera as a standalone story is a damn solid entry. Easily over Makai no Hana, Gold Storm or Black Blood. The reason behind the hate is mainly GARO fandom bias. Try making a bunch of people who doesn't know GARO watch any of those at random and YamiTera is bound to come up in a rather high place with the major drawback being the Buffy masks. You think all those shows with actual suits are much better for the sole reason of having them in, but truth is that for nontokufags the level of rubber suits used in GARO look as goofy and ridiculous as the worst CGI and the Buffy mask. As long as it's evident that it's a person in disguise, they will laugh at it (for some reason I think original GARO series handled the suits better in this last regard, with MnH being the opposite). If YamiTera wasn't part of a stablished franchise, handled in a way vastly different from the other entries, it wouldn't be nearly as much shat on as it's right now.
>>
File: garo-shine-09-sonshi-pose.jpg (66KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
garo-shine-09-sonshi-pose.jpg
66KB, 848x477px
>>13728193
At least that had great scenes of the good guys getting beaten up.
>>
>>13728643
According to Urobuchi, Blassreiter was mainly Itano's doing. http://pastebin.com/LCRJigxy
>>
>>13728743
You're wrong. I watched everything without any kind of contact with the fanbase, and still hated the shit out of YamiTera. You can't just chalk its issues on "Saejima's cuck-sucking."

Makia Senki was the last good Garo TV show. YamiTera was a mess, an horrid mess, and Makai no Hana was just dull. Gold Storm had its moments but is just as bad as thr other two.

The anime (at least the first show ) is quite good, but I don't believe is fair to compare it against the live action tv shows.
>>
>>13727927
Garo pachinko posters were everywhere in Shinjuku. I wonder why?
>>
>>13728873
Were they season-specific or just Garo in general?
>>
File: Ryuga vs Zynga.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ryuga vs Zynga.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>13728854
I actually really like Hana and Goldstorm but I can see why you'd dislike them, they've certainly got their problems
>>
>>13728796
Then what makes you think Inoue doesn't write his stories based on sponsors, producers, and directors' requests?
Both Kobayashi and Inoue don't making up shit without the nods from the people above.
>>
>Like all of the Garo shows except for the anime ones so far

Maybe I just like toku shows being toku.
>>
>>13728873
There will be a new CR Garo (cheaper version of the first gen plus alpha) coming up in a few months.
>>
File: Clearing out the trash.webm (2MB, 640x380px) Image search: [Google]
Clearing out the trash.webm
2MB, 640x380px
>>13728923
>Like everything Garo except Yamitera
feels good man
>>
>>13728922
I'm not >>13728595 and I'm honestly not sure since I haven't found much translated material regarding how Inoue's material ends up one way or another.
>>
>>13728743
>Try making a bunch of people who doesn't know GARO watch any of those at random and YamiTera is bound to come up in a rather high
>bunch of people
>rather high

>>13728854
>You're wrong. I watched everything without any kind of contact with the fanbase, and still hated the shit out of YamiTera.
>I

First. Your case by no means prove me wrong. But I think you missread my statement.

Second. Maybe I didn't express myself right, but I didn't mean interaction with the fandom was the issue, but fans being accustomed to previous GARO entries and thus unwilling to accept relatively heavy changes. If I get you right, you watched all of GARO chronologically, so you don't even count for the experiment I was proposing. I meant taking a lot of people who have no idea about GARO and making them watch those random shows. I feel like MnH and Black Blood relay too much on people already liking GARO, while I think YamiTera has a solid standalone story which gives enough setting context on its own. MnH makes a good job exposing the setting, bu fails at story. Black Blood could be considered somewhat acceptable storywise, but lacks enough setting explanations. Gold Storm is kind of like Makai no Hana but more story driven, however its story wasn't that good and it dragged from having the final bosses sticking around from too early. I think all the works in consideration here are more or less in a draw character-wise.
>>
>>13728919
I don't really hate Makai no Hana. I loved Raiga because he was like a mix between Kaoru and Kouga (personality-wise), and liked the fact that it's implied that he didn't wanted to be a Makai Knight. It does has its issues (like don't doing anything with what I just mentioned) but nothing as insulting as YamiTera that makes you root for the children murderer villains, as someone else has eloquently said so.

Gold Storm issues are having a way more interesting villain than anyone on the main cast, Ryuga and Rian having as much of a personality as a brick has (that comes out of nowhere and doesn't follow their movie characterization) and having side characters being jobbers and, frankly, quite boring.
>>
>>13728922
Because there are similarities between the different shows they've worked on that reveal their influence. Though you'd be a fool to credit the writer as the person for all the ideas like most folks do.
>>
>>13728977
>Like all GARO
Feels even better
>>
>>13728273
How could you possibly dislike HnK, unless you REALLY hate anime?
>>
>>13729077
>How could you possibly dislike HnK,
>not even toku
Read the fucking post moron
>>
>>13728478
My enjoyment of the shows does really depend on the main character. And I really fucking hated YamiTera Ryuga. At least he became better in Goldstorm.
>>
>>13728263
>Top Tier
GARO, Makai Senki, Honoo no Kokuin

>Decent tier
Yamitera, Goldstorm, Zero, Guren no Tsuki, Makai no Hana
>>
>>13728263
>Great Tier
Makai Senki

>Good Tier
Garo, Garo movies, Honoo no Kokuin

>Meh Tier
Guren no Tsuki

haven't seen the rest yet
>>
>>13729027
True because those 2 are known to make wacky dysfunctional world stories in the business.
There are also many things which needs to be taking into consideration.
Toku/anime are end products made by directors translating the writers work with their own imagination plus influence from people from the above, including their teachers.
Novelized titles are end products written by writers with the influence from people from the publisher and committee.
Just like other otaku products productions are playing safe and ordered the writers to write template stories that worked in the pass with minor tuning.

To say one is really bad at "writing" the only thing people can get a reference to is the writers' original work titles. Unless /m/ has experience with those it is "unjust" to brand someone doing a "bad job".
>>
File: Garo Uchusen 151 A.jpg (1MB, 790x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Garo Uchusen 151 A.jpg
1MB, 790x1214px
Garo coverage in Uchusen Magazine 151.
>>
File: Garo Uchusen 151 B.jpg (1MB, 791x1194px) Image search: [Google]
Garo Uchusen 151 B.jpg
1MB, 791x1194px
>>
File: Garo Uchusen 151 C.jpg (1MB, 796x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Garo Uchusen 151 C.jpg
1MB, 796x1191px
>>
>>13729236
I'm actually really fond of the horror designs. It's a shame about the actual fights though...
>>
So far we've had series set in modern day,near future,Heian era Japan and fantasy medieval Spain.
What historical era and country would you like to be the setting of a new series?
>>
>>13729446
19th/20th century not-Russia with not-Rasputin doing evil shit
>>
>>13729446
20th century New England.
>>
>>13729446
19th Century England
>>
>>13729446
80s Miami or Vegas
>>
>>13729480
This sounds amusing. Can we throw that the Romanov were actually a really powerful Makai lineage and that the revolution was a way to get rid of them?
>>
File: lakesword.jpg (116KB, 617x768px) Image search: [Google]
lakesword.jpg
116KB, 617x768px
>>13729446
I want Makai Knights of the Round Table, even though that sounds too obvious. If done as Garo it would probably end with Arthur turning into a super horror that gets sealed under the lake with his own sword, which would certainly be distinct.
>>
>>13729598
I don't think that would be possible if I remember correctly makai knights aren't supposed to get involved in human world politics.
Rasputin as a horror sounds fucking rad though.
>>
File: garo-flame-20-faces.jpg (87KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
garo-flame-20-faces.jpg
87KB, 848x477px
>>13729829
I wonder how long it was until Alfonso got... whatever it is they do to knights that did that.
>>
Seimei did everything wrong, she is literally worse than Leon
>>
>>13729876
Good point but HnK was a fantasy setting in the live-action series meddling with the politics of the human world is forbidden.
>>
>>13730025
It's not like the Makai Senate were particularly proactive in the live-action shows either. Eiji seemed completely fine at the end of Makai no Hana.
>>
>>13730360
And on HnK, the Makai Order was basically destroyed by Mendoza's witch hunt. So, there wasn't no one that would judge Alfonso's "misgivings."
>>
>>13729446
A Hungarian Knight hunting Wendigo Horrors in America or some shit.
>>
>>13729829
>>13729876
>>13730025
>>13730741
You're getting confused. The law you're referrig to is simply that Knights don't judge humans. So for example they can't act as Knights to stop an evil dictator as long as he's human. They only deal with Horrors. Alfonso is a Knight who happened to also be the legitimate heir to Valiante's throne. He lives his normal daily life as prince because that's his normal human job. When he, as Valiante's prince, gets information which could be related as a Horror case, he, as a Makai Knight, investigates it further and dispose of the Horror if there was one. He's not breaking any rule.
>>
>>13729446
Ancient Greece, 1920's New York, and the Napoleonic Wars would all be pretty good.
>>
>no new OP

>新オープニング主題歌、新エンディング主題歌は、1/22(金)より放送の第15話より予定。
みなさまお楽しみに! http://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-12108358491.html

They have already announced before Christmas the new OP and ED will be on air on 1/22 starting episode 15.
Fun that no one has paid attention to the announcement.
>>
>>13731310
I hadn't actually seen that announcement until you posted it. That's a pretty odd place to change it up
>>
File: o0480064013537128793.jpg (124KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
o0480064013537128793.jpg
124KB, 480x640px
>>
>>13731475
Samurai Garo is probably in the new OP, so they want to keep it hidden until after it's debut
>>
>>13728478

MnH had really good one-shot episodes but the main plot didn't really move forward and for some, shit was boring. Also Crow being a bit of wasted potential, although not as bad as fuckin' Giga.

Yamitera had a lot of bad. CGI was really weird, the horrors were just people in rubber masks or weird mouths via bad CGI, and the protagonist team were a bunch of goobers except for Burai. Especially Zen. However, it did have positives still like say, based Sonshi, Zen and Gai's armor designs being sex, the AV Idol Horror who turned into other AV Idols depending on your fetish, and Bright Hope.
>>
File: ZEN Summon.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ZEN Summon.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>13731822
The armour designs were good but they were usually on screen for 20 seconds at best which killed the hype pretty bad. That's actually one of my big gripes with Yamitera is that it has barely any good armour fights thanks to the choice to use CG
>>
>>13731828

Perfectly said.

Really a big shame about Zen. My favorite design there and yet he's a bit of a jobber (still not as bad as Giga and the Makai fist/shield thing was pretty cool).
>>
File: CXOS1OzUoAAh3fk.jpg (55KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CXOS1OzUoAAh3fk.jpg
55KB, 480x640px
>>13731536
New OTP
>>
I am halfway through lament of the dark dragon and holy shit you people weren't joking when you said it was basically Kouga in wonderland.
>>
File: The summoning of Garo.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The summoning of Garo.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>13732610
I actually remember not liking it initially because of how drastic a change in tone it is from the rest of the series. Going back, it's a great movie it just requires a bit of change in mindset
>>
>>13732690
Same there I didn't like the initial tone shift but by the end I loved the movie.
>>
>change of mindset

after watching the movie I suddenly have the feeling that Kouga Saga and Raiga prequel are actually fictional stories written by makai priest Mitsuki Yuuji, for the kids in a broken world like the one in Yamitera to give them hope.
>>
>>13732856
>Mitsuki Yuuji
Who?
>>
>>13728998
Can't agree more, the fact that one of the redeeming factor of MnH is kouga's reminiscent from raiga is a prove of fandom bias.
>>
>>13732892
Kaoru's dad.
>>
I miss Kouga.
>>
>>13732856
I wouldn't say they are entirely fictional but their feats and strength probably got exaggerated in universe over time
>>
>>13732912
Rei's gonna bring him back for us, don't worry
>>
>>13732898
For me the redeeming factors of Makai no Hana was
>Jesus Saejima was a incredibly fun protag
>MotW episodes are some of the strongest in the series, with stuff like the Manga Horror and Movie Horror standing
>Crow provides a good insight into a sect of the Makai Knights we'd never seen before.
>Suits and general designs are some of the series strongest
And while I'm at it here are my negatives:
>Despite having a lot of interesting aspects to him, Raiga isn't developed that well at all
>The actual plot of the show doesn't start until the last three episodes
>Crow's teacher is sorely underutilized and should've made more appearances throughout the season to give him more impact
>Biku is only given one episode
That's it. Makai no Hana isn't amazing or anything like that, but I'd say it's a really solid, fun season to watch and a big breath of fresh air after Yamitera
>>
>>13732944
I liked MnH overall, but one of my biggest gripes that I don't see people mention a lot is how Mayuri serves almost entirely to be a damsel in distress.

I noticed while I was watching it that maybe every other horror, Mayuri would somehow find a way to end up being captured or taken hostage so that Raiga can heroically save her. I remember the Movie Horror one being especially ridiculous, and one other, I think maybe the Flower Artist.
>>
Tusk of Thunder a best Garo song
>>
>>13732970
Kind of like KAORU?
>>
>>13729446
Sinbad-style Garo in the Middle East.
>>
>>13733083
Kaoru was just a normal human, so that didn't seem out of place.
>>
>>13733083
Kaoru was SUPPOSED to be used as bait, though. She had a plot reason to be constantly attacked by horrors, and most of the time it was before she understood how horrors work and it was out of her control. Mayuri was a lot of awkwardly stumbling into obvious traps of her own volition, or not putting up any amount of fight when a horror tries to take her away.
>>
>>13733101
Yet she is the main trigger for Kouga Garo's BS power.
>>
File: Rodou.png (300KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rodou.png
300KB, 1280x720px
What did Lord do again aside from looking cool?
>>
File: 5HxbjW3.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5HxbjW3.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>What did Tagajo do again aside from looking cool?
>>
>>13733501
I'm dissapointed we didn't see the scene of the army of Makai Knights summoning their armour together
>>
File: ecde230a.jpg (28KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
ecde230a.jpg
28KB, 853x480px
>>
File: 157e1496.jpg (39KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
157e1496.jpg
39KB, 853x480px
>>13733522
>>
File: 6d065e92.jpg (39KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
6d065e92.jpg
39KB, 853x480px
>>13733525
>>
File: e5df1da5.jpg (37KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
e5df1da5.jpg
37KB, 853x480px
>>13733532
>>
File: 22470207_p0.jpg (186KB, 1050x800px) Image search: [Google]
22470207_p0.jpg
186KB, 1050x800px
>>
>>13731284
>1920's New York
I need my BacGaro
>>
>>13733532
>>13733525
>>13733522

It's weird to see that title-less Knights end up looking so raggedy. Even your average Makai Priest looks like they have fancier digs.
>>
>>13734301
After those couple of episodes I always thought that there were 3 tiers of knights
>Low Tier
They all look like bums, have no tittle/armor and sole job is to cut down gates or evil infused things like what Kouga did that one episode and possibly take on the lower generic horrors.
>Mid Tier
They look slighty more decent like the guy in the middle of this picture >>13733525 they have a generic armor and have no tittle they probably deal with slightly stronger horrors as well as cutting down gates.
>High Tier
This are like Kouga and Rei They look way more decent and of higher status. They have a unique armor only to them with a unique tittle that needs to be passed on to someone else. They deal with stronger "Named" Horrors. Since knights don't really "kill" the horrors they just send them back to the makai realm or whatever some of those may comeback to the surface as some of them are documented in books and shit.
>>
>>13734329
>Since knights don't really "kill" the horrors they just send them back to the makai realm or whatever some of those may comeback to the surface as some of them are documented in books and shit.
I've always wondered about that, since I've only seen the first Toku series-- is it ever brought up in the other Toku shows, of a Horror that had a grudge against one particular line of knights, coming back to exact revenge?
>>
>>13734335
IIRC Saji In Makai Senki and Makai no Hana is the closest to that. He comes back to destroy the GARO line and it is implied that he had try to many times before but I'm not 100% if he is a horror or some inner darkness thing.
>>
>>13734329

I remember hearing somewhere that Knights living in one place like the Saejimas and Rei are unusual, and most of them -are- nomadic bums living with very few material possessions.

>>13734335

There's a recurring Horror called Zaji, I think, that shows up in Makai Senki and MnH. If I remember right, it's basically the Horrors' collective hatred for Garo given form that shows up every now and then to challenge the then-current Golden Knight.
>>
>>13734329
>>Low Tier
>They all look like bums, have no tittle/armo
But that is not true.
Even as an apprentice they have their own generic armor as part of their training equipment.
>>
>>13733036

It is pretty fucking good indeed, much better than the instrumental OP prior to it.

>>13733379

Bought time for Kouga while he was recharging armor time? I forget
>>
>>13734566
I don't even remember what Mnhs instrumental even sounded like
>>
>>13734358
He also made an appearance in the Yamitera pachinko machine in giant rock form
>>
>>13733379
Saved Kouga who was about to be killed by two of Sigma's robots, did an awesome horned headbutt on a mook horror, and I think was the one who brought up the magic arrow attack that the knights used to beat Gabon. But that last one might've been Jabi, I don't remember.
>>
>>13736686
No, that was Leo I think. although I think the idea with Leo was that he made a much better Priest than a Knight
>>
Still no bd sales report?
>>
>>13736978
Anything below 800 won't be listed anyways unless it is major anime title.
>>
>>13736558
Taiga fights him too in Garo: The Bible.
>>
File: 27.jpg (581KB, 714x1024px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
581KB, 714x1024px
>>13737154
That was pretty radical
>>
>>13737030
Actually garoHnK is average below 800 but and we still has the 'exact' average number
>>
File: Giga 1.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Giga 1.webm
1MB, 640x480px
What track number on the Goldstorm OST is Daigos theme?
>>
>>13737713
6. Also be sure to listen to 14, 22, 23 and 32
>>
>>13737730
Thanks man.
>>
>>13731536
whos that
>>
File: CJkWB2wUAAAd6gG.jpg (33KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CJkWB2wUAAAd6gG.jpg
33KB, 480x640px
>>13737786
Raiga and Ryume
>>
>>13737799
Good god, she's cute with short hair and long hair
That's some Makai magic right there
>>
File: CMSS4P3UEAAm8JC.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CMSS4P3UEAAm8JC.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>>13737805
The best
>>
File: Smile for god sakes Kouga.jpg (72KB, 853x640px) Image search: [Google]
Smile for god sakes Kouga.jpg
72KB, 853x640px
>>
>>13737834
Partially related
>Want to watch a full live of Jam Project
>Go to Nyaa
>Hurricane Tour and Maximizer are both up but neither are seeded
Suffering
>>
>>13737866
I have them, but im not going to seed.
SUFFER
>>
>>13737713
>>13737730

Looking back, considering what kinds of people Garudo and Daigo were, their leitmotifs are really unfitting.
>>
>>13737899
Why you gotta do this DDL?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C08AhXvUgQ
The tv size version of Savior in the Dark sounds incredibly weird after having listened to the full song a lot
>>
File: CYdb2_jUEAAEdf-.jpg large.jpg (144KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CYdb2_jUEAAEdf-.jpg large.jpg
144KB, 768x1024px
I wonder if it will be Retsuden
>>
>>13738128
What do people want to see for Retsuden anyway? I kinda want one of the episodes to be set during Rei's training of Raiga, would be a lot of fun
>>
>>13738225
People are up for side characters who didn't get their fair share in the series, not main characters doing their regular stuff again.
>>
File: 54225524_p0.jpg (1MB, 1031x1500px) Image search: [Google]
54225524_p0.jpg
1MB, 1031x1500px
>>
File: garo-gs-ryume-attack.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
garo-gs-ryume-attack.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>13737799
Considering that Ryume is supposed to be super old, is there any chance she might show up in some other Garo's era?
>>
>>13738427

There's always the possibility, much like how the Watchdogs are eternal jerks.

Also, I kinda liked Rian at first but seeing Ryume in Goldstorm changed all that. Too fucking cute.

>>13738225

Guys like Dan shining and probably a bit of Rei training shenanigans with Raiga.

Maybe a pre-blackened Kiba episode on its heroics unless that never really happened.
>>
>>13738225

Knights who got the shaft like Dan, Crow, and Giga actually doing things on their own.
>>
>>13738525

>pre blackened Kiba

See, this doesn't make any sense to me because I thought they explained in his standalone movie that Kiba was a purely dark armor given to him by a Horror. He wasn't a "good" Kiba before then.
>>
>>13738547
Barago timed out his own armor on purpose and overcame it by his own will.
The Horror only gave him an advice on how to be stronger.
>>
>>13738225
More Zinga.
>>
>>13738225
I want to see Yaiba. At all. Doing anything. I just want my scythe waifu.

Seeing Lord do cool things and headbutt more motherfuckers would be nice too.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 768x1024px
>>13739834
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 480x640px
>>13739838
>>
>>13739840
>>13739838
>>13739834
Cuties
>>
>>13729088
Ryuga in Yamitera had the best character development of any Garo, except maybe for Leon.
>>
>>13740691
Too bad that they scrapped said development (that it wasn't that great in the first place) and changed his character twice for some reason.
>>
>>13740697

Seriously, it's really jarring how completely different end-of-Yamitera Ryuga, Goldstorm movie Ryuga, and Goldstorm series Ryuga are as characters. Not even different writers should cause this much of a disparity.
>>
>>13740708
It's not about the writers.
Character of Gold Storm (TV) Ryuga is completely Amemiya's doing. Due to his "new vision about life and death" you will see more of that in later Garo(s).
>>
>>13740708
Movie Ryuga came off to me like a less idiotic version of his previous self.
>>
>>13740741
>New vision about life and death
Please explain further
>>
>>13740708
It's amusing in a really sick way:

>"Hey, we have this Ryuga guy whose development stopped at a good point on his series, what if we change his personality in the movie and in the next tv show?"
>"Eh, why?"
>"Because we can. That's why!">>13740708
>>
File: Ultraman Garo.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ultraman Garo.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>13740748
Honestly movie Ryuga was about what I expected him to act like given more time and experience,. Series Ryuga was the weird one, still cool just kind of jarring initially
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jTIfgJ-NpE
>tfw no dramatic music video for any of the Garo songs
>>
Ryuga is the cancer that's killing Garo
>>
File: CW5De-yUMAE7K6i.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
CW5De-yUMAE7K6i.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>13740923
kek
>>
>>13740794

Series Ryuga had very little in the way of character beyond "GRRR ANGRY." Movie Ryuga was still the impulsive, wisecracking idiot he was in Yamitera, but he was clearly seasoned and wiser.
>>
>>13740923
His shows improved on sales of those around it. Ryuga's shows quite literally saved Garo.
>>
File: inoue-garo.png (95KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
inoue-garo.png
95KB, 640x360px
>>13741088
It was all just a coincidence. The real savior was Masahiro!
>>
http://rankstker.net/index2.cgi?smd=title&tn=%89%E5%98T
stalker for garo anime even stalker forgot to put it in front page last season. And it seems still below 1k but i notice the actual price for garo bds are actually pricier 8100 yen
>>
>>13741088
Our true hero
>>
File: CYghCDfUQAIRBi8.png large.png (1MB, 700x988px) Image search: [Google]
CYghCDfUQAIRBi8.png large.png
1MB, 700x988px
>>
>>13742655
I want one
>>
>>13742655
>That Garo
That
Is fucking
Genius
>>
Kintoki is Gonza's ancestor
>>
>>13743653
Maybe this guy, too.
>>
>>13743653

We still don't know -what- Kintoki is. He look and acts like a kid, but he clearly isn't.
>>
File: Lets get serious.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lets get serious.webm
2MB, 640x480px
Why is Honoo no Kokuin so good?
>>
>>13745229
The focus on an overarching plot kinda made you care more about the characters and action sequences with CGI that doesn't look like dogshit kinda did the job.
>>
>>13745229
Secondary characters that didn't job and were entertaining.
I miss kuso oyajii ;_;
>>
>>13745229
Proper development of its characters.
>>
>>13745229
Every single character was great. Leon is second only to Kouga as MC.
>>
>>13745229
You have bad taste in anime.
>>
>>13745229

It isn't by general anime standards, but it's fantastic by Garo standards due to its greater focus on developing and exploring its characters and world (something the toku entries often fail at) over monster of the week shenanigans.
>>
>>13745698
I wish I did. I'd enjoy life much more.
>>
>>13745699
>It isn't by anime standards
Why? Most anime fans I've talked to about it had pretty high praise for it and I don't see what makes it so bad by anime standards
>>
Any idea when we're getting GnT's cour 1 OST? I need Zanga's theme.
>>
File: GARO HnK End Slate 6.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GARO HnK End Slate 6.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>13745699
To be fair, HnK still had a lot of MotW, it was just integrated into the story a lot more than usual
>>
File: garo-flower-05-english.jpg (172KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
garo-flower-05-english.jpg
172KB, 800x900px
>>13745699
But the toku MOTW shenanigans were great. I'd never think that " this one speaks English because he's played by a white guy" would make for memorable scenes.
>>
>>13745742
If it's anything like HnK, we'll be getting both discs shortly before the show ends
>>
>>13738778
ba-Zinga
>>
>>13745742

Around March, if Honoo no Kokuin is anything to go by.
>>
Any reason why they gave up making any Garo games after the PS2 one?

HnK setting could've been great for an action game.

Please don't mention pachinko. It hurts.
>>
>>13745764

But that's why. Pachinko saved the franchise after all.
>>
>>13745764
>Any reason why they gave up making any Garo games after the PS2 one?
Didn't turn enough of a profit, I suppose. The rest of the franchise is entirely dependent on the pachinko, too, so the only way we're ever getting another game is if Amemiya throws that sweet, sweet gambling money at a studio. The odds on that seem pretty low to me.
>>
>>13745764
Same reason why there hasn't been any Berserk games since the PS2 either. Console games aren't very popular in Japan, so unless there's an overseas market too then it doesn't really have a basis of existence financially.
>>
>>13745842
>>13745842
>Same reason why there hasn't been any Berserk games since the PS2 either

That's a lie. I played Dragon's Dogma on PS3 and that was a Berserk game. It even had the armours and weapons in it.

I'm pissed they've been removed from the PC version.
>>
>>13745854
They are still in the game files on PC. Supposedly they can be accessed using cheat engine but I haven't looked into it too much.
>>
>>13745877
I wonder how moddable it is. But since it's using Capcom's awfully documented MT Framework then it's probably a bust.
>>
>>13745877
They've still been taken out of the main game. I get why it was done, but I'm still annoyed.
I'll anxiously await a way to slap them back in though.
>>
The first garo anime should be about ready to be released in the states, right? it's about 18 months between japanese releases and american releases for funimation if I am not mistaken.
>>
>>13746067
Apparently Vic Mcwhateverthefuck is listed as a voice actor for HnK, though it doesn't show who he's playing.
>>
>>13745731
It is good, but not anime good. The graphic is not as good as OPM and the story is not as good as AOT.
>>
Love this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PBQI-qINZ8
>>
File: 1452565746892.gif (54KB, 193x341px) Image search: [Google]
1452565746892.gif
54KB, 193x341px
>>13746301
>Attack on Titans story
>good
>>
>>13736686
>did an awesome horned headbutt on a mook horror,
Is there a webm of that by chance?
>>
>>13745355

Kuso Oyaji did something good in the long run ;_;
>>
Update
http://garo-project.jp/miniGARO/
>>
>>13746301
Oh, you are just retarded then, okay
>>
File: 16211043_p0.jpg (213KB, 880x605px) Image search: [Google]
16211043_p0.jpg
213KB, 880x605px
>>
File: 49941994_p1_master1200.jpg (99KB, 1006x553px) Image search: [Google]
49941994_p1_master1200.jpg
99KB, 1006x553px
>>
File: sosad.gif (2MB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
sosad.gif
2MB, 499x281px
>We will never have any bluray rips
Suffering
>>
>>13748398
I'll just go purchase the BD myself if I were you.
>>
>>13748435
I plan to when I actually have the spare money for it but they're pretty goddamn expensive
>>
>>13746160

I'll bet German even though he should have a deeper, smoother voice.

Expect Yuri Lowenthal and JYB for Leon and Alfonso (or the other way around) too.
>>
>>13749004
>JYB returns to toku

sort of...
>>
>>13749004

Isn't Bryce Papenbrook a "fucking everywhere" anime VA too? I bet he'd be in it as somebody.
>>
File: UMVC3-GUIA-CRITICSIGHT-VERGIL.png (438KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
UMVC3-GUIA-CRITICSIGHT-VERGIL.png
438KB, 512x1024px
>>13749004
>>13749186
I can now recall that Funimation got Reuben Langdon for the DMC anime, which makes me wonder if they could get Dan Southworth to play anyone...
>>
>>13749395
He's how I think Kouga would sound in English if classic Garo got a dub.
>>
>>13749395
Garo did remind me a lot of Devil May Cry when I started watching it. Kouga kinda felt like good aligned Vergil
>>
File: 1441430579208.jpg (60KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441430579208.jpg
60KB, 640x400px
>>
Would it be correct to say that GARO is more upmarket than most other tokusatsu shows in both viewing demographics and merchandise?
>>
>>13741088
Thats a funny way to spell Pachinko Machines
>>
>>13750674
It is certainly a lot easier to pitch to people than a lot of other Toku shows
>>
>Samurai Garo today
>>
>>13750674
Garo isn't even that dependant on merch, most of the financing for new shows comes from Pachinko and Pachislot machines.
>>
File: CYw3wU6UAAAKF4x.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CYw3wU6UAAAKF4x.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
>>
>>13750674

Garo is actually pretty niche. It's been almost canceled several times due to a lack of funding, only to be brought back from the red thanks to Japan's rampant gambling addiction.
>>
File: CYxZ9JcWMAA2yOX.jpg (15KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
CYxZ9JcWMAA2yOX.jpg
15KB, 506x285px
>>
File: CYxZ9OhWwAIIA3u.jpg (17KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
CYxZ9OhWwAIIA3u.jpg
17KB, 506x285px
>>
File: CYxZ9VSW8AECENP.jpg (36KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
CYxZ9VSW8AECENP.jpg
36KB, 506x285px
>>
File: CYxZ9P1WYAAbWhg.jpg (20KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
CYxZ9P1WYAAbWhg.jpg
20KB, 506x285px
>>
File: CYxbLc4WAAMmckj.jpg (15KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
CYxbLc4WAAMmckj.jpg
15KB, 506x285px
>>
File: CYxb07tWcAAp0Nw.jpg (10KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
CYxb07tWcAAp0Nw.jpg
10KB, 506x285px
Maybe he'll actually be cool this episode He won't
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1024x576px
牙狼・陣
>>
File: 1452876266122.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452876266122.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>13752469

>Garo Jin

Is this another one of those characters that could be read a million different ways depending on context?
>>
>>13752473
>>13752469
Fuck, YES!
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 956x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 956x537px
はああああああ
>>
>>13752482
>>13752473
>>13752469
I will never get tired of this Franchise's visuals
>>
File: 1452876672278.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452876672278.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: CYxpxoaWwAEaFjR.jpg (20KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
CYxpxoaWwAEaFjR.jpg
20KB, 506x285px
>>
Form changing to pull true potential off the armor is a given nowadays.
>>
>>13752469
Am I crazy or does the helmet look a little more human?
>>
File: CYxQ3x5UwAESyAh.jpg large.jpg (127KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CYxQ3x5UwAESyAh.jpg large.jpg
127KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: 1412720327931.jpg (232KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1412720327931.jpg
232KB, 1366x768px
>>13752497
I like the idea of different base form variations for Garo, helps make the different wearers feel more distinct while still keeping the core armour intact
>>
File: 23769911974_bd207e9ec2_h.jpg (276KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
23769911974_bd207e9ec2_h.jpg
276KB, 1600x900px
>>
It's a little weird how we now have the reverse of HnK. Leon's original form was different from the classic design and was weaker, and he was stronger and more stable once it becomes the Garo we know. Now Raikou in his new, different form is stronger and more in control than he was in the normal Garo.
>>
>>13752506
hi there Lebron
>>
File: popup_raikou_katsuragaro.jpg (241KB, 800x674px) Image search: [Google]
popup_raikou_katsuragaro.jpg
241KB, 800x674px
This design is great
>>
>>13752504

Even in these different forms, they're still recognizably Garo. Even Ryuga's Lost Shine looked different even though it was just supposed to be a black Garo. I like keeping the classic design to the Saejimas, since the armors are supposed to change shape depending on the user anyway.
>>
File: popup_raikou_katsuragaroanime.jpg (225KB, 800x674px) Image search: [Google]
popup_raikou_katsuragaroanime.jpg
225KB, 800x674px
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 600x337px
>>
>>13752527
>>13752523

This might just replace Garo On as my favorite alternate Garo.
>>
File: popup_other_suetsumuhana.jpg (137KB, 800x674px) Image search: [Google]
popup_other_suetsumuhana.jpg
137KB, 800x674px
>>
>>13752527
The huge armguards remind me a lot of Scarf Garo (What is that forms name again?)
>>
File: 1442679662095.jpg (172KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1442679662095.jpg
172KB, 1440x810px
>>13752545

I don't think it has one other than "Leon Ver". We still haven't figured out what this thing's name is in a way that makes sense in English, either.
>>
>>13752552
What did the machine translation come out as again? Double strong financial body?
>>
Subs are out
>>
Did the new opening start with this week's episode?
>>
>>13752613
Nope, new OP is next week. They probably wanted to keep Katsura-Garo's design a secret until its debut
>>
>>13752568

I think the phrase is more accurately something flowery and complicated like "two souls as one strengthen a single body." It's a couple of words in Japanese but it just doesn't translate well in English.
>>
>>13752523
>>13752469
>>13752473
This design is fucking great, but the neck guards on the helmet kinda kill it for me. Remove those and make the helmet look a little more Garo-ey, and this would easily be one of the best designs Garo has.
>>
>>13752642
>名前の由来はヘルマン=ゾロの『双』剣とガロの『烈』火炎装が『融』合した『身』体、ということから(インターネットラジオ『魔戒通信』より)。
>>
This paper doll thing is my favourite character
>>
>>13752473
I came.
>>
Yori being pretty based this episode
>>
Why the fuck do they keep translating Douman Houshi as if it's a name?
>>
Yasusuke is pretty on point this episode
>>
>>13752711

Garo looks worried at that statement.
>>
>>13752711
>H-haven't I always been a man? Oh god.
>>
That form is hella on point, but did they really have to one-hit-kill again?
>>
File: HAHAHA.webm (759KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.webm
759KB, 720x480px
YES I LOVE YOU SEIMEI
>>
>>13752723

Holy fuck booty witch has no chill.
>>
>>13752711
Garo looks like he just realized he forgot to turn the oven off.
>>
File: The Golden Knight.webm (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Golden Knight.webm
1MB, 720x480px
>>
>>
File: Garo and Zanga.webm (965KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Garo and Zanga.webm
965KB, 720x480px
>>
File: GAROJin.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
GAROJin.webm
2MB, 854x480px
New armor is pretty cool.
https://a.uguu.se/hjalek.webm
And have better CG than the old one, which makes me wonder if this means we'll have longer fights in Part 2.
>>
>>13752706
They probably realized "Alchemist Douman" would sound really dumb. Should have gone with "priest" from the beginning.
>>
Caught this nice frame
>>
Nice X-Strike
>>
Seimei a best, also wow they really saved the budget for this episode, it actually looked pretty damn good
>>
Leon had the worst life and still managed to become a badass motherfucker

He is best Garo, prove me wrong.
>>
File: Two flames of life become one.webm (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Two flames of life become one.webm
3MB, 500x281px
>>13753288
I'd say Kouga is better but I wouldn't really argue your point, they're both fucking awesome
>>
Speaking of which, Divine Flame trailer when?
>>
I wonder how Seimei is gonna feel once she finds out her grandpa was trying to kill her and then was slain.
>>
>>13752473
>people are finally getting their "Samurai" Garo

I want my tribal warrior African Garo.
>>
>>13752711
>Wait, I wasn't a man?
>>
>>13753439
original design wasn't man enough
>>
Man, as expected of Raikou-sama. His new armor is beautiful.
>>
>>13753497
>Kintoki posts on /m/
>>
File: 1446904052405.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446904052405.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>Armour was still barely animated.

Fuck me.
>>
>>13753550
Its either him or Gonza
>>
>>13753559
>Barely animated
The fuck you talking about, it was a massive improvement on before
>>
>>13753599
Sure what was there was much better than usual.

But there was about a minute of animation, the fight was just them jumping off-screen, then blurring across it to land and pose, then immediately take off the armour.

Hopefully the next episode will have a proper fight.
>>
Keep in mind Amemiya said the armor is like Ultraman's specium ray. Unless it is a critical plot line or confirmed-victory situation they are not going to overdo it.
>>
>>13753605
to be fair, "the fighting animation" went to Zanga.
>>
>>13753615
Likening the armor to a finishing move sounds uncomfortably close to YamiTera's underuse for me.
>>
Next episode
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/garo-gurennotsuki/trailer/

Episode director will be the series director, if there's ever going to be a proper fight, it will be now.
>>
>>13754059
Oh snap, it's Hexadecimal!
>>
>>13754730
Looks pretty neat
>>
>>13753808
But Kouga, Ryuga, Raiga all never spends too much time using their armor till things got real. They were all used for finishing moves more or less until a big threat came out.

It was mostly Leon and friends that spent heaps of time in their suits.
>>
>>13755583
Yes, I was about to point that too. In the live action, Garo is used as a glorified finisher until the "final boss fight." That's why it had the 99 seconds limit, that they totally ignore whenever it suits them.
>>
>>13755657
I wouldn't go as far as calling them finishers, the armour fights aren't as long as other Toku shows but they are still fights usually
>>
>>13755693
That's why I used "glorified finishers" the armors do fight, but is not a long fight, and is there just to finish the horror. I mean, in the first season fights were longer, but since Makai Senki fights were getting progressively shorter until the current state. Of course, Guren no Tsuki is the worst offender on this, up there with YamiTera.
>>
>mfw Guren no Tsuki has a score of 6.12 in MyAnimeList

Not even the normies are enjoying
>>
>>13756222
I mean, to be fair, even if it's had a few high points recently, I don't think it's been a particularly GOOD series so far. I definitely would've dropped it by a few episodes in if it was just something I was watching and not part of a series I'm loyal to.

The plot doesn't exist, the art looks horrible both drawn and cg, and none of the characters save for Yasusuke and recently Seimei are particularly interesting or likable. And none of the fights have really been anything interesting or intense either, so it's not like the action is a draw.

I can't imagine the show is very good from the perspective of somebody who isn't already a fan. And if you're somebody who was drawn in by HnK, Guren no Tsuki is a HUGE step down in pretty well every sense.
>>
>>13756380
All garo series have a slow first half and a fast second half(except makai no hana, this one is slow all the way). Only when the series reach the final arc we will be able to judge it properly.
>>
>>13756222
>MyAnimeList
>normies
The "normie" anime rating site is imdb. MAL forums is the site for casual watchers, especially the forums, but using it as a database and tracking site via Taiga is perfectly fine.

That being said, my halfway score for it is 6, so close to the average. >>13756380 touches on a few of the reasons why I don't really enjoy it, but I still think it's fine. Just not particularly good. Also, like >>13756411 says it's probablyhopefully going to get better in the second half, and the last episode was a bit better than usual. If it stays the same, then I'll definitely rate it lower though.

I'll admit to being drawn in by HnK, but I watched all of the Kouga shows and movies before GnT started, so the fact that it doesn't come close to the quality of HnK AND the Kouga shows really weighs down on it.
>>
File: Setting her free.webm (3MB, 706x474px) Image search: [Google]
Setting her free.webm
3MB, 706x474px
>>13756411
Usually the MotW stuff is strong enough to carry the non plot episodes though, Guren no Tsuki is pretty weak in that department outside of Yasusuke's first episode and the plague episode
>>
To be clear, the new form is called Garo Jin?
>>
>>13756509
Yeah. I can't wait for the final episode power up form Garo Devil Jin. That should be cool.
>>
>>13756482
This, the fight scenes in the original series are so god-tier that you don't even care if it's a filler episode.
>>
>>13756523
That and Garo monster designs are generally pretty fucking radical
>>
>>13756517
>Garo shooting eye lasers
>>
File: 54750227_p1_master1200 (1).jpg (164KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
54750227_p1_master1200 (1).jpg
164KB, 780x520px
What does this say?
>>
File: 54750227_p0_master1200.jpg (465KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
54750227_p0_master1200.jpg
465KB, 1200x800px
>>
>>13756575
>I'm sorry my show was bad, at least some nerds on a Cantonese flipbook site liked it
>>
>>13756581
No Anon, you read it wrong it's actually ur a faget
>>
File: 54747820_p0 2.png (3MB, 1177x1748px) Image search: [Google]
54747820_p0 2.png
3MB, 1177x1748px
>>
>>13756594
So we've had Zanga/Dan show up in Guren no Tsuki. When's Zero?
>>
>>13756633
>When's Zero
Three or so centuries away.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-16/funimation-lists-dubs-for-garo-the-animation-rage-of-bahamut-genesis/.97591
>>
>>13759312
>>13759312
>>13759312
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.