[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think that Getter Robo Arc doesn't enough love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: The Getter's FUCKING PISSED.jpg (1MB, 2412x1754px) Image search: [Google]
The Getter's FUCKING PISSED.jpg
1MB, 2412x1754px
Does anyone else think that Getter Robo Arc doesn't enough love
>>
It needs a lot more than love it's a thing called a living author
>>
Because it's the weakest entry with by far the worst Getter designs.
>>
>>13728040
Maximum pleb, go kill yourself.

>>13727915
If it was finished, it probably would have been the best thing in the franchise. No other Getter story was set up to explore the cosmic background elements in the way Arc was, nor did any of them ever give their villains near as much nuance. As it is, though, it's hard to know what to think about it since it's perpetually incomplete.
>>
It was pretty awesome and since I like religious themes in sci-fi I loved his critical stance on Buddhism and the Getter cult, down to priests with Getter 1 robes.

Too bad we'll never get a sequel, I can only hope heaven is real and I get to talk to Ishikawa when I die and I also hope there's a translator there.
>>
>>13727915
No, it's shit
>>
>>13728104
If there's a heaven, wouldn't everyone speak Hebrew?
>>
>>13728108

Jews don't believe in Heaven, at least not the classical one.
Actually, Jews don't really believe in afterlife either, not until the Midrash and the Rabbi studies of the Middle Ages, early Judaism doesn't care.
>>
>>13728118
I hate religion because even if yours is a spinoff of an older one, your beliefs are totally different.
>>
>>13728122

It wouldn't be a spinoff if the beliefs were the same.
Frankly I'm indifferent to Religion, but I think every creature with a coscience will develop it, which is proven by even the most basic and underdeveloped tribes in Africa having totems and believing in spirits and shit.
It's obligatory in a society.

Which is why I loved it in Getter Arc, showing that even in the future religion would be so important like in Kyomu Senshi is sign of an intelligent writer, Star Trek was always retarded by having everyone be an enlightened agnostic.
>>
>>13727915
most people try to forget it so they don't feel the constant pain of knowing that they'll never see the end of it
>>
>>13728135
Religion's so important in Kyomu Senki because it's weaponized, though. The fat old dude from chapter 1 turns himself into a black hole via Buddhist mantras and literally eats the Dogura ship. It's hardcore as fuck.
>>
>>13727915

He doesn't deserve it, it's derivative shit.
>>
>>13728135

God, you're retarded.
>>
>>13728342
How is he?
>>
File: 1272258623524.jpg (110KB, 680x494px) Image search: [Google]
1272258623524.jpg
110KB, 680x494px
>>13727915
It would have been the best series if Ishikawa hadn't passed IMO. If you compare its first half compared to the other first halves of Getter, then it was by far the best one. Getter Arc is a top tier Getter design, too. It's a great evolution of the design, very distinctive while also being recognizable.

Fujoshi Arc related
>>
>>13727915
Are Sho and Schwartz still alive after Go?

Also, is Shin Getter worth reading? I read the first two chapters but from what I've seen it gets bigger in scale.
>>
>>13730457
Yes to both questions.
>>
Hayato and Sho have the distinction of being the only two people to ever survive piloting a Getter. You can also argue that Sho doesn't count since she never piloted a real Getter.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 460x460px
>>13730478
Nice

I finished Go a while ago but I just wasn't sure
>>
>>13730242
>Fujoshi Arc related
I could use more of that.
>>
File: a0093213_6193265.jpg (199KB, 750x427px) Image search: [Google]
a0093213_6193265.jpg
199KB, 750x427px
>>13730662
There are like two Ishikawa fujos, you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of it. And half of one's stuff is Battle Wolf Janki 1999.
>>
File: 1371506985138.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1371506985138.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>13728335
>referring to a manga series as "he"
Jesus.

Either you're some buttfuck retarded spic who has terrible mastery of the English language, or you're a really shitty and lazy troll who didn't even bother with the OP. I don't know which one is worse, but either way, get the fuck out.

I mean good fucking lord, have some bloody standards, you sad pathetic human being.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.