[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

File: gundam.jpg (148KB, 1600x480px) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
148KB, 1600x480px
If you had the opportunity to go back in time, how would you change Gundam? Would you stop certain series from being made? What decisions would you make to improve Gundam?
>>
>>13727805
give F91 a series instead
CCA becomes a OVA series
>>
Give Crossbones a series already with updated art.
>>
>>13727805
Just make a bunch of series like SEED and Gundam Wing and just print that paper.
>>
>>13727805
ZZ no longer exists
>>
>>13727844
he said improve, not make it worse
>>
Remove homolust.
>>
>>13727850
>more homolust
>>
I feel there are four big issues with Gundam.

The first that there was a sequel in the first place. No one really wanted to do Zeta Gundam, but it came about because of the need for funding and banking on an established franchise after the end of the robot boom of the early 80s and it shows in how the show unfolds. So I'd go and change that so either Zeta is done better or it's done not as a Gundam show.

The second issue is the ZZ/CCA clusterfuck. I don't know exactly what went on there, but from what I've gathered over the years, there was production issues after CCA got greenlit. Essentially the two should have belnded together better and ZZ should have fed into CCA better. CCA also needed more time, I feel as it has its own problems.

Third, F91 needed its own series, or at least an OVA. Trying to cram it all into a film was a mistake and like CCA it suffers from it considerably.

Fourth, I would change it so that there were no AUs. Don't get me wrong, the AUs would still exist, but they would be their own things and not part of Gundam. A lot of the time, including Gundam elements drags these shows down. Turn-A could stay as it lead on and acts as a great capstone to the series (until they yanked it off) but really, they should have gone down the Dragonar route of 'Not-Gundam' and let them be their own thing, even if heavily based on Gundam.
>>
>>13727805
Wait two years before releasing Gundam X. That series deserved better.
>>
>>13727805
Remove Wing.
That way there's a cooldown gap between G and X. Toonami airs X, america loves post-apocalyptic wastelands, X gets NA special edition with full 50 episodes
>>
File: Von Neumann Device.jpg (89KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
Von Neumann Device.jpg
89KB, 600x451px
Buy out Level-5's stake in AGE so we can rerun the HGs scot-free.

Retool AGE at large into a two-half show instead of a three-third show. AGE-FX's finny shit becomes an AGE-2 Dark Hound ultimate option set and turns into a Muramasa Blaster made out of Sword Bits to cement the Crossbone callback.

Get that Sisquiede cameo into Try that people asked for twice over.

Do a shits-and-giggles 45-minute OVA of CELESTIAL BEING: The Movie following the end of AGE. See how it takes and make IBO more/less super-robotty to taste.

Put Chiaki Morosawa in The Box alongside Tomino.

Actually read our English fan mail and social media comments. See if Sony will go halfsies on a PSV-2001 + Gundam Breaker 2 international bundle.

Retool the fuck out of G-Reco to make it look less like Eureka 7 and Victory Gundam's crack baby. If impossible, junk outright and make a 13-ep OVA bridging SD Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors and SD Gundam Force.

And for you web series weirdos: Gundam Evolve: Armor Girls Project Edition.
>>
>>13727805
I would have planned things out better. Make a master plan of how the UC timeline should go with OVAs and series. None of this 0083 has more advanced technology than Zeta. Don't rush to make G-Savior a live action movie, and instead make it an animated series or OVA.
>>
>>13727805
>Sell out quicker to Bandai for a lot of money.
>>
>>13727881
But anon, do you know how much more money the AUs make when they have the gundam name in them.
>>
File: 1275708074158.png (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1275708074158.png
49KB, 400x400px
>>13727816
>>13727822
These are all I'd ask.

Maybe dump the 00 movie.
>>
Put Newtypes in every series
>>
>>13727805
why are all the 90's gundam 15 meters tall?
>>
>>13728275
Smaller models=less plastic, keep them at the same price for a greater profit margin.

Late UC had the reason being that since everyone could use beam weapons by that point, armor was almost pointless, so they should focus on speed and maneuverability instead by making the units smaller and giving them more powerful engines with greater output.
>>
>>13728370
I imagine the reason they gradually get back to the RX-78 height is because it turned out engineering with such tiny kits was harder than it was worth. Really they just needed to correct the early UC trend of each Gundam getting bigger and bigger than the one before.
>>
>>13728370
It's also a pretty good explanation, another reason for smaller MS is a lot of fighting would be done around or in colony space docks
>>
>>13728370
They were cheaper to try to help sales though.
>>
Stop the 0079 movies from being made. Gundam never becomes popular and thus never becomes a franchise. Instantly, this board is cured of 50% of its shitposting.
>>
>>13728584
There's also 100% less of this board, there's only an /m/ because of Gundam
>>
>Replace SEED's second half with Fukuda's original ending. Completely change Destiny by making its story like X's where Athrun is a jaded, traumatized one-armed ex-Redcoat who finds potential in Shinn.
>>
>>13727805
make the beginning of ZZ not silly

the last 10 or so episodes can stay the same
>>
>>13728615
>Completely change Destiny by making its story like X's
X-SEED?
>>
>>13728636
well, yes. because the original ending has us dead. (the only people who survive are Athrun, and Cagalli) (Kira dies against providence, Eternal gets BTFO'd, AA gets Kamikaze'd by yours truly)

Athrun would be an emotional wreck like Jamil was like in the beginning of X.
>>
>>13727805
Remove the tournament arc from G and have the show continue with the premise of Domon traveling around the world to find his brother.
>>
>>13727805
I wouldn't change much. The parts of Gundam I like are fine the way they are and the ones I don't care about someone else probably does so I wouldn't change them just to suit my tastes.

This is probably to rational an answer for /m/ though so I'd drop ZZ and make CCA the 50 episode sequel to Zeta, creating the perfect trilogy.
>>
Destiny: War breaks out again between ZAFT and the EA. After an assassination attempt leaves Lacus in a coma, Kira and the Archangel take to the skies yet again to discover who, and why, someone wants Lacus dead. Athrun stays behind to assist Cagalli in defending Orb.

Along the way, they intrude on a few battles between ZAFT and the EA that Kira wants to put a stop to. During one such intervention, a ZAFT pilot's wingmates die after Kira leaves them helpless on the battlefield. This is Kira's rival throughout the series, let's call him AU-Shinn.

As Kira and the Archangel unravel the mystery, they end up becoming targeted by both the EA and ZAFT. Kira's usage of the NJC-equiped Freedom is publicly declared a war crime by both sides as he is branded as a terrorist. Athrun (in the Savior, which is classified as a high spec Murasame for Orb's elite pilots)and Cagalli (upgraded Strike Rouge) both depart Orb to try and talk some sense into Kira, but they find him in battle with ZAFT forces (containing AU-Shinn). They end up trying to disable Kira's MS and save his ass.

Kira ends up having to kill many ZAFT pilots in order to escape, including AU-Shinn. AU-Shinn's final words though shake Kira to his core.

"You think you're a hero? Some kind of messiah? You disabled my friends and left them to die on the battlefield. Our blood is on your hands."

(Continued)
>>
Turn A is pretty tall.
>>
>>13728795
Kira undergoes a crisis of faith, fully realizing the consequences of his actions. During this time, a rogue-faction comprised of both ZAFT and EA personnel reveals themselves. They set up the war in order to covertly wipe out the Zala-faction/Blue Cosmos remnants within both of their factions and remake the Earth Sphere under one unified Federation. They launch attacks on Independence/neutral nations for this purpose.

The Freedom Gundam is upgraded in order to defend Orb. The fight eventually takes Kira back into space, with a more mature outlook than he started with. I'm not talking making him Murder McKillbot, just his ideals morphed into something more realistic than when he started. Together with the Orb fleets, as well as ZAFT/EA forces who oppose the New Order, Kira and Co. manage to put a stop to the war...

Only for Kira to learn that this was the goal of the New Order. They weren't trying to take over the world themselves, they were unifying the world against them.

After the war, Kira goes missing. ZAFT and the EA are still looking for him and the Enhanced Freedom. Orb is forced to deny any connection to him or his actions during the war. Meanwhile, in an Orb hospital, Lacus wakes up.
>>
>>13728615
What was SEED's original ending supposed to be, anyway?
>>
>>13727805

Kept them how they originally envisioned, 5m tall at best and not the 20m fucks that they are.
>>
File: 1425923443589.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425923443589.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>13727805
I would change who was in charge back when Bandai got all rights to Gundam, and replace him/them with somebody who genuinely liked Gundam as a show and respected Tomino's impact on the franchise.

Somebody who would actually make an actual sincere effort balancing the designers creative decision with marketability. They would also make sure the Franchise would always be the right hands. No SEEDs (specifically monitoring how the director manages the budget and not waste it on VA's).

Gundam could always get big in the West if Bandai was willing to take the risk and increase accessibility. Seeing how Gundam makes Bandai trillions in Japan they could handle the risk. Instead of producing 3 japanese shows at a time I would push for more Unicorn type productions, big budget and sub'd/dub'd for international release. I would also set up an official online website dedicated to translated Gunpla manuals. I'd also produce more hard scifi productions to increase Western interest.

Make a big budget competitive video game;moba that features a huge array of Mobile Suits. Instead of DLC, you could buy Gunpla that comes with a code (kinda like an Amiibo) that you can input for additional suits/skins. I'd also increase the amount available Gunpla for MG, RG, and PG. Enslave Katoki, chain him up into a dark basement and force him to design Ver. Ka's of every lead and main enemy suit until he dies.
As for actual series

>Make 08th MS team actually as realistic as sperglords claim it is to be
>Have a manga sequel to F91 produced that leads to Crossbone
>Gaia Gear manga that leads up to G-Savior
>Crossbone, Sentinel, Hathaways Flash OVA
>G Gundam sequel done by whats his face
>Some manga where all the UC EU characters meet up for autism.
>>
>>13728865
death everywhere. Athrun losing an arm.
>>
File: boss delgado.png (21KB, 635x467px) Image search: [Google]
boss delgado.png
21KB, 635x467px
Remove beams
>>
File: d.png (392KB, 418x660px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
392KB, 418x660px
>>13727805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eSE33DDSLs
>>
File: 1381533427754.png (379KB, 1115x3790px) Image search: [Google]
1381533427754.png
379KB, 1115x3790px
>>13728865
>>
>>13728370
Miniaturisation of technology is a very real concept, one we see even today. Eventually it reach a point where you can make things smaller but just as (if not more) efficient than the older, bigger stuff. I mean fuck, look at cellphones and computers.

In-universe I imagine that was the major reason, not to mention the really big CCA/Unicorn-era MS are...well, big. They take a lot of space, cost a lot to build and maintain and all that jazz so if you can make something as good for a that takes less to make and take less space it just make perfect sense from a military standpoint. Keep in mind UC life is primarily in spaceship and space colonies so you'd want to save space on your ships.

Making suits bigger and bigger would have been really ridiculous, so smaller, sleeker, faster is an interesting and somewhat realistic way to show that the technology is advancing.

As it's been said, they are also smaller kits so that's less plastic.
>>
>>13729013
>Make beams a bigger deal and heavily reduce the amount they are used.

FTFY
>>
>>13729078
>What does SEED mean
>It just sounds cool
>>
>>13729527
It's not like it meant anything in Final Fantasy VIII either.
>>
Scrap Wing, as hilarious as it could be, and just make X better.
>>
>>13727847
Your shit taste is showing.
>>
>>13727822
>Crossbone
kek
Still, I'd have rather had that over Thunderbolt. I wanted Hathaway's Flash more though.
>>
>>13727805
>Kill off Amuro and Char in Gundam 0079.
>>
>>13729078

>Yzek's personality was changed to fit his VA.

Is this common? It seems very unprofessional and it should be the other way around.
>>
>>13729665
There's a ton of things rather unprofessional in his answers.
>>
>>13729665
It's not exactly common, but it's not uncommon either. It happens with western movies sometimes too - an actor will play a character in a certain way, and it will make you realize "hey, maybe this character WOULD work better like this".
>>
>>13729673
He's crapping on less successful shows for crying out loud. That's not just unprofessional, that's him being a disrespectful asshole.
>>
>>13729739
Elsa was supposed to be the villain of Frozen until they realized how sympathetic she was when recording Let it Go.

Mary Jane wasn't supposed to be the damsel in distress in Spiderman 3. Raimi even promised Dunst that she wouldn't be. Due to various behind the scenes issues, MJ was forced back into the roll and Raimi said telling Dunst was the hardest thing he's ever had to do in the business.

Hell, Suzumura has said many times that Shinn originally was supposed to remain the hero in Destiny. Even Tanaka (Lacus) asked Fukuda about the change-up on her radio show, to which Fukuda answered he couldn't remember why he made Kira the hero again.
>>
>>13727805
>get rid of newtype BS
It's all magical nonsense. It has no place in mecha unless you are going to go all out with it like Escaflowne.

>no 50ep runs
Most shows had a lot of filler episodes that didn't drive the plot and didn't aide in world/character building. The goal would be a standard 26-ish episode run.
>>
>>13727805
Give Tequila Gundam the HG and MG it deserves, along with others such as Leo and Nether Gundam
>>
>>13727805
Make more SD shows based on humor, like the Musha series, bring over to West. Bring popular Gundam games to West, with only text translation to save costs.
>>
>>13728601
It is worth it
>>
>>13729754
>Elsa was supposed to be the villain of Frozen until they realized how sympathetic she was when recording Let it Go.
It was literally SJWs modifying a fucking fairy tale because HUR STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN

And of course nobody complained about how fucking retarded it was unlike stuff like Mulan because hur strong independent women
>>
>>13727805
Force Morosawa to better balance elements in SEED and bring it closer to Stargazer's quality, and stop the pissing match between her and the VAs and just make Destiny a ZAFT win without throwing away the original series cast or massacring their characterization. Then let more competent writers do some original war stories within the setting like Stargazer, to capitalize on the popularity while also expanding it to further rival UC.

Produce a 00 Solar Wars prequel series, focusing on the big solar war between the power blocs in the past, as well as some of the early interventions by the first gen 0 Gundam as well as the second gen Gundams. These would probably be short 6-episode OVAs alternating between different viewpoints every 6 episodes. As well, produce another short 3-episode series over the Innovator War that took place between the end of the ELS War and just before humanity completely united and the Sumeragi was launched.

These two relatively successful series would be alternated with UC stories like Unicorn, Thunderbolt, and The Origin, so as to not super saturate the market and ruin sales from too much Gundam, while filling in vacant points between new Gundam productions or used to prop up Gundam in the event a new production is bombing, like IBO.

AGE would be remade into a 60-75 episode series; 20-25 episodes per generation. This basically would be taking the game's story and expanding on it so that we don't have the rushed and incomplete mess that we got, as well as feature more of the better-looking wears. It would then do what wasn't done until GBF; it would sell the AGE Wears as extra kit conversions, similar to the GBF "packs" being sold separately to customize existing Gunpla.

Gunpla Builders D and J would be fully animated over GBF, with GBF being set in the Gunpla Builders universe, which is more grounded than GBF. Otherwise, same overall marketing strategy with the conversion kits and reuse of existing Gunpla.
>>
make another G gundam series.
>>
>>13727950
>a 13-ep OVA bridging SD Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors and SD Gundam Force.

Why the fuck would you want that?

If they're going to do an OVA with SD Gundam Sangokuden BBW, they should make more animated shit from BB Senshi Sangokuden.

...that's probably the only thing I'd "change" though. Hell, can you even call it a change? Sangokuden was just five years ago, they could make more shit for it at any time.
>>
File: 1290194540733.jpg (2MB, 1280x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1290194540733.jpg
2MB, 1280x1200px
>>13727805
Animate Gundam BEAST. Maybe hire one of the Zoids writers; either Chaotic Century's or Genesis' to come up with an interesting setting to justify a Gundam series entirely of transforming MS. Hirai would do the character designs of course, but with a bit more personality like the characters in S-cry-ed.
>>
>>13731276
Honestly, if I were TOMY I'd snatch up this idea

Yeah, I'm suggesting having the Zoids be able to transform into other forms to bring some life back into it.
>>
>>13728601

>0079 was never made
>Anno never got into anime
>Eva was never made

/a/ would not exist. 4chan might not have existed.
>>
>>13731330
Following that: no memes, demotivationals are still popular, anonymity on the internet is basically a lost cause. The idea of trolling only builds up about half force, but remains due to human nature. moot gets a job.
>>
Replace AGE with IBO.
>>
never make G Gundam or Wing Gundam

make a UC Gundam set in 0200 with highly advanced mobile suits and a war between Newtypes and humanity
>>
>>13727805

> Keep Zeta's tone for the first 15 episodes of ZZ
>Make the F91 series
> Give V shading
> Give Endless Waltz more mobile suits.
>Don't cancel X
>Cancel G-Saviour
> Make all the episodes of Seed Destiny as good as the first 12.
> Do a cool late UC show instead of Age
> Give G-Reco a second season in place of IBO so that the ending isn't so rushed.
>>
>>13729245
shit that's actually it
>>
>>13731524
>previous series that was bad.... but good!
yeah fuck off
>>
File: 8853024563.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
8853024563.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
I'd change the end of ∀ Gundam so that Sochie doesn't get so horribly cucked.
>>
The only thing Id change is Sunrise going through with Doozy Bots
>>
>>13731618
THIS
>>
>>13727925
>america loves post-apocalyptic wastelands

If only X was the one to deliver them.
>>
>>13729078
I wonder, did the sales of the Buster Gundam increase after Dearka changed sides?
>>
>>13727805
>have Kou beat the fuck out of Nina at the end of 0083
>have shiro and aina die at the end of 08th
>kill of kira in the shinn vs kira fight
>>
File: The Monkey's Paw.jpg (669KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
The Monkey's Paw.jpg
669KB, 2000x1400px
>>13728584
>Gundam never becomes popular
>Ryosuke Takahashi never gets into mecha, eliminating Dougram, Layzner, VOTOMS, and others
>Macross never gets made
>Without the designs to borrow, there goes Mechwarrior/Battletech
>Tomino presumably goes back to more super robot works, as the lack of success of Gundam makes it unlikely he'll be able to get the greenlight for series like Dunbine and Xabungle
>Super Robot Wars is MAJORLY changed, if it even gets made in the first place, as one of the three 'big' founders is now gone and has taken a whole lot of stuff with it
>if /m/ even exists as a board, its populace is all a mix of either neckbeards from the north east that saw Force Five and possibly some Power Rangers/Sentai fans

YOUR WISH IS GRANTED
>>
>>13731701
From what I've heard, Dearka became more popular as a character but the sales didn't change much.
>>
>>13731240
Disney changes the story all the time so they can make things sell better.

> Little Mermaid and Hunchback of Notre Dame get happy endings.
> Everything about Pocahontas. Everything.
> Hercules is Hera's son.
> Disney won't release Song of the South out of fear of it being labelled racist.
> Saving Mr. Banks rewrites Disney's making of Mary Poppins to make him look good.
>>
I like the way it is.
>>
>>13732170
Perfect. /m/ will become the board it was meant to be. /kr/

/kr/ooks unite.
>>
>>13727805

>hire Gainax to make a G sequel tv series
>hire Kuroko no Basket author (or Haikyuu, whatever) to make the script for a Wing sequel tv series
>hire any obscure author to make a X sequel (ova series since it's not so famous)
>animate Crossbone Gundam
>animate Gaia Gear
>animate Char's Deleted Affair
>animate Hathaway's Flash
>>
>>13732282
Disney changes the story because it's in the public domain; they can only own their own production and changes.
>>
File: Snowpiercer.jpg (3MB, 1388x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Snowpiercer.jpg
3MB, 1388x1750px
>>13733345
So...you're suggesting if they weren't in the public domain, Disney would follow them to the letter?

I'm not so sure you get how this whole 'Adaptation' thing works.

Pic related for just one recent example
>>
>>13727805

I would establish a strict rule from the beginning of the series that no canon suit can be shown and not released at at least a 1/144 model kit

no more >kit never
>>
>>13734493
Or there would just be no canon MS outside of Zaku II and RX-78 variations.
>>
>>13734493

All that does is reduce the number of suits in a show. Only the designs they think will sell will make it into the show.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.