[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SD GUNDAM: G GENERATION GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

So /m/ what is your favorite G GEN game and why? Common favorites seem to be Spirits and Overworld. The English patch for Overworld is coming along nicely, so I am hoping it will launch by summer!

If you haven't played the game at all yet, here's a quick ways to get started emulating it on your PC, Mac, or Android device.

G Gen Overworld ISO:
------------------
Mirror 1: h**ps://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?
code=5Z7LkLZLldqzBi5nk8ZXlwVZLKvg6TiCBBhhsspoTlkTopD30HHX (Expires 01/16/2016

Mirror 2: h**ps://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?
code=5ZkLkLZLldqzBi5nk8ZVlwVZzdCv4WMyUcbf7XuV3V9ptjjwImtV

PSP Emulator:
------------------
http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

English /m/ Wiki:
------------------
http://ggenoverworld.com/
>>
Overworld. I've been grinding since 12/20, trying to get all of my main suits up to level 30.

I'm guessing level 30 is more than enough to handle the Hell stages, yes?
>>
I used to say G Gen F, but when I went back and played it again, I found it really hard and grind heavy. That said, in terms of the variety of content and combat system, F still is the best overall. World is a very close second.
>>
While I like the game play of F much more than later games, I can't help but say spirits is my absolute favorite of the entire series due to the sheer amount of side story content and attention to detail with it's soundtrack and voice acting.

I enjoyed the Wars/World/Overworld line of games, but felt the Generation Break system started to become a tad bit gimmicky as times went on, though it's animation quality and content is highly impressive.

Can't stand G Generation Seed or Neo, just to slow and droll to play though, though I have to respect them for trying to go fully 3D, though the effect left much to be desired.

The Original for the PS1 is a good history piece to see where the series started, but a general nightmare to replay in full again.

I have hope for Genesis if it intends to emulate what Spirits had gone for, though the lack of events post 0096 is highly disappointing. Hopefully we will get full renditions of other side stories we did not get to see in Spirits though, like a complete rendition of Zeonic Fronts Story, A full rewrite of Missing Links absolute train wreck of a plot, 0081 and even Sentinel getting a legitimate campaign again. Hell even Thunderbolt and Gundam the Origin would be welcome, though I doubt those two will find a place in it.
>>
>>13726283
30 is okay, but it depends on the suit.
Barbatos and Amerias are a bitch even with a full team of MCs.
MCs.
>>
>>13726537
Eh, I've got some good shit. I have a Zudah, a Perfect Zeong, and a Calamity Gundam.
>>
>>13726548
Get yourself a V2 or anything with WoL.
That and your Zeong will wreck shit.
>>
>>13726605
Nah if I were to list everything I have:
>Group 1
Sinanju

Rozen Zulu
Kshatriya
Tallgeese III
Epyon

Turn X
Perfect Zeong
Wing Zero
Double X

>Group 2
Shamblo

Nightingale
Qubeley
Zudah
GP02A

Infinite Justice
Destiny
Berga Giros
Xi

>Group 3
Reborns

Penelope
Calamity
Forbidden
Raider

00 Qan[T]
Strike Freedom
Banshee
AGE-2 (Considering swapping out for something else, maybe a Blue Destiny 3 or Beginning 30, AGE-2 is boring as fuck)

>Group 4
Susanowo

Hi-Nu
Zeta
F91
V2AB

Delta Plus
ZZ
God
Unicorn

Everything is going to be at a minimum of level 30. The Susanowo is my strongest, at level 43.
>>
>>13726537
Shit, are they harder than in World? Back then the only thing I had over 30 was the Ex-S. All the others were probably 20 or less. It's not like it was hard, just tedious going against the copies with I Fields.
>>
>>13726646
Amerias is hard because of her phases
Barbatos is not that hard, just tanky as hell
The worst part is when your trying to destroy the cannons in HELL mode
a max stats Dark history turn A that teleports to anywhere in the map with Mafty as a backup if you activate the secret
I still can't believe I got through that with an underleveled Crossbone/Victory team
>>
>>13726631
Those are ok, but remember that the final 5 levels have a 1 team restriction, so unless you're using cheats just focus on 2 teams.

Also
>not using any actual SD Gundams
>>
So, I found the perfect unit/pilot pairing ever,

Vignah Ronah with Insane Corssbone Zabine.

just try it. you won't regret it ever.
>>
I know I probably shouldn't ask, but...why were so many units nerfed in Overworld? like most units with Super-Modes had said Super Modes removed.

hell, I'm pretty sure even some of the PILOT Super-modes were taken out, like Setsuna' S2s Innovator mode.
>>
File: NPJH50681_00036.jpg (128KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
NPJH50681_00036.jpg
128KB, 960x544px
10 Custom Characters is not enough
>>
>>13726184
how much of it will be translated? will it be compatible with the original save files for it?
>>
>>13727933
I'm aware, but I want to be able to pick and choose from my four teams. I tried focusing on just two, but it got so dull.

>>13728129
Space limitations, iirc. That's why Wing Zero can't transform.
>>
So what units for a grunt only save? Qualifying as a grunt is
Not a Gundam
Not customized
Has been seen piloted by faceless, no name pilots
More than 2 have been seen together in one shot
>>
>>13728340
You can really use just about anything well in these games. It would just take a bit more effort.

Personally, if I were to use only grunts, I'd consider using Silver SUMOs, ReZELs, Gun-EZs, Amakusas, Daughtresses, GN-XIVs, Baqtos, and maybe some ZAKUs and GOUFs from SEED Destiny.
>>
I preferred World over Overworld, to be honest.
>>
>>13728367
I honestly can't tell the difference besides Overworld having more units
>>
>>13726283
It's probably easier to just get 1 suit to lvl 60 or so.
I just solo'd with Psycho Mk II.

>>13730632
Some minor gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>13727923
Good thing my Ex-S and Turn X have been raised a lot then. Also, thank God for Map attack units.
>>
>>13730659
Mostly World has actual multi-hits while Overworld just shows multiple shots while only really having one. Though it really doesn't make a difference either way
>>
>>13730632
Overworld cuts some of the little things like multi-hit attacks, trans-am raiser, and a lot of non-awakening attacks.

It bugs me a lot.
>>
>>13730863
There's also the leader skills, turning ships without using a turn, and the betrayal system. Some transformations, variations of suits/pilots get cut/merged.
>>
>>13726184
Fav is still F
If only for the F IF disc and the Gundam Fight option and the glorious multiplayer option.

though I am a sucker for the newer ones with fancy shit like character creation and custom bgm
>>
>>13731059
>trans-am raiser
I suppose you mean the MAP attack or something because either 00II or III do have it.
>>
>>13726184

So is there a new G Gen gaming coming anytime soon and if so what platform?

Also started playing overworld recently but I had a gotten to the point of 1 unit decimating everything in world prior so it seems like the maps are the same thing all over again in overworld or am I mistaken?
>>
>>13731235
New game is Genesis on PS4/Vita, 2016 release. UC up to Unicorn only, previous threads showed details and you can check the archive.
>>
>>13731059
It also cuts out "super modes" portraits (Like SEED and Innovator).
>>
>>13728146
you should totally play the 1-9 game. try to get a screenshot of enemy units with their HP at single digits, and see if you can't get all 9 single-digits by the end of the game.
>>
>>13730632
God Gundam cannot go Hyper Mode, but overall has a better moveset.
the Destiny Gundam cannot go Seed Mode. it has been Neutered.
the none of the 00 gundams can Trans-Am. it is now an attack.
Multi-hitting attacks are no longer a thing. this nerfs units like Strike Noir and EX-S Gundam, but buffs units like Heavyarms.
Multi-Targeting attacks have been nerfed, now doing half-damage to 2nd and 3rd ontop of having reduced accuracy.
units known for newtype bullshit now have Awaken-Melees involving their Newtype bullshit. this makes the Z Gundam better, but still not worth your time, and gives the Unicorn and Banshee way the fuck too much range for their own good.

pilots have had their dialouges changed to save space, and have had super-mode portraits removed entirely.

some units use alternate attack animations as standard now (look at EX-S Melee, Sekiha Tenkyoken, and a couple others)

Custom pilots have been completely neutered and aren't even worth your time anymore.
>>
>>13731273
it's going to be on PS3, not sure about PS4

Gundam Breaker 3 on the other hand is PS4/Vita only.
>>
>>13731763
>wierd part with the Destiny Gundam with Shinn
>Shinn goes SEED
>loses it once the dialog goes to the next cut in.
They really cut corners with it. Only good thing was fucking custom BGM.
>>
>>13732708
Yeah, that was pretty stupid.
>>
>>13731763
Custom pilots look exactly the same, and Banshee's Awakening attack drains Spirit/Morale which sucks because its the only ranged attack it has
>>
>>13733417
nevermind looking the same, they don't have the starting Specializations that World's custom pilots had.

hell, you can't even make a NEWTYPE custom pilot because all customs start with a 0 Awakening.
>>
>>13733417
The MP cost is offset if you just hit the target and don't get hit.
>>
>>13733961
What? All custom pilots in Overworld start with some Awakening and they can become Newtypes if you purchase the skill.
>>
>>13734430
in world, you can make a pilot either specialize in 1 stat, or have 10 awaken.

in overworld, the stats are of the "balanced pilot" variety and they start with a 0 Awaken, which means they NEED the Awakening skill to use NT weapons.
>>
File: Awakenings.jpg (76KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Awakenings.jpg
76KB, 960x544px
>>13735132
They start with points in Awakening though, as long as they have 1 Point in Awakening they can use NT weapons regardless if they have the skill.
>>
>>13736807
huh. I swore they had 12-flush and 0 Awaken.
>>
>>13736825
Overall I don't think it matters since you put AP towards the stats you want, but pilot gains per level are completely random.
>>
File: turn a broken.png (233KB, 967x584px) Image search: [Google]
turn a broken.png
233KB, 967x584px
I finished Overworld at 100% two years ago, I still remember how I broke the game with the turn A.

You equip it with the receiver, equip your ship with a transmetter (the thing that make you get full energy when used). Take the turn A out, use the butterfly to drain every unit of the map of their energy, recharge turn A.

I'm a little fuzzy about the detail of the unit rotation, because it's been two year, but basically the unit in your ship dont get their energy drained, so you can get them out for a turn, destroy poor ennemy who cant attack you back, get them back in the ship. Do this until victory.

The only unit it doesnt work on is the final boss of the bonus map (dont remember the name).

After that, I just put a Ple inside the Jurisdis Sinistra Dictus (the Hand MS from one of the Steel 7 bad guy) with the OP items you can get (like infinite movement and infinite energy) just to have fun. Killing everyone on the map in one turn.

Also the animation of the funnel attack of the Jurisdis Sinistra Dictus just sync perfectly with The Guardian (2nd OP of shin mazinger z)
>>
>>13737391
I've been sitting at 69% and haven't done the last Core World
>>
G Gen Neo was my favorite G Gen because it was the last game that actually tried to innovate the series.

It was forgotten because by the time widespread PS2 emulation/piracy was available everyone moved on to spirits and its sequels.

I hope the new G Gen is more like Neo and less like spirits.
>>
>>13737391
I broke the game slightly differently.

Double X+G-Falcon. Map-Weapon Boost 10%. New GN Drive. DG cells. the command abilities on Garrod are simply some of the best in the game and make the game a bit of a joke. not to mention a boosted TSC-Map can kill most mooks in an instant. beefier units are still an issue, but DX-G-Falcon is still among the highest DPT units in the game, so...it's not like it even matters.
>>
The Doven Wolf, for being a grunt sure has a shitton of weapons
>>
Ive been hearing rumors about people translating overwolrd

is that true?
>>
How the fuck do I get the Geminass 01?
>>
>>13743951
>Basic Wing Gundam
How did I forget this?
>>
Installing the 3DS game right now fuck yeah downgrade, is it any good?

I'm guessing the roster is pretty limited.
>>
>>13743280
There was some project too, I guess I can get why some might need it but once you learn the menus you don't need a translation, same for mission objectives.
>>
>>13743280
It's still in progress, not completely abandoned but slowed greatly.
>>
>>13743280
Look at the fucking OP
>>
>Get G Gen 3D
>Oh man I wonder how do you make custom pi--

>Can't make custom pilots in 3D
>The game was released after World

I'm mad. That, or I didn't look hard enough.
>>
>>13747957
It hurts almost as bad as Genesis having less content than Overworld.
>>
>>13747957

It doesn't have custom pilots but I like how different it is from Over/world.

Going from World -> Overworld was a bit dull. New units were nice but the other changes + the incredibly longwinded maps at the end made things a little dull.
>>
>>13747957
I really hope Genesis will have custom pilots at least
>>
>>13750197
I just hope it is half way good at least.
>>
File: CenturioAuxilius.jpg (79KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
CenturioAuxilius.jpg
79KB, 500x746px
Just popping in to tell you guys that you should play G Gen DS
>>
I won't mind less Variety of units if they use it as an excuse to cram as much MSV goodness into the game as humanly possible.

heck, UC tends to make up like half of most G Gens.

sure we won't have F-91 through V this time around, maybe next game though.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.