[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any mecha anime that feature only regular mechs vs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 98757.jpg (43KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
98757.jpg
43KB, 225x350px
Are there any mecha anime that feature only regular mechs vs regular mechs instead of overpowered meme machines vs walking scrap metal? I watched the first few eps of armored trooper and enjoyed it despite it having a lot of "entire platoons of chucklefucks who never should have been given weapons/mechs vs blue haired hammer of god" fights.
>>
You might like Dougram since it was made by the same guy, the main characters have a slightly more special mecha, but most battles still play out through teamwork, tactics, and pilot skill rather than just the MC having a high end machine though.
>>
Votoms.
All the way.
>>
>>13723209
Yeah, but Dougram's survivability is fucking insane.
>>
>>13723209
Honestly, Dougram is a better example of this despite it having a 'hero' robot. Fights involving Chirico are often really lopsided, but aesthetically they don't appear to be so. Comparatively despite having Dougram I rarely felt like Crin and the Deloyer 7 had some kind of insurmountable advantage.
>>
>>13723209
thanks, I'll check it out when I finish/want a break from votoms. Any modern mecha like these or is everything pretty similar to gundam nowadays?
>>
>>13723255
Argevollen, to some extent. The best machine out there is only really superior because it moves quickly and fluidly compared to the bipedal tanks everyone else uses and even then that becomes pretty standard later on.
>>
>>13723255
I can't recall anything in recent years. Break Blade was kind of enjoyable for the grunty mechs, but probably has too many named characters with high end mechs for you to enjoy (they're almost all on the enemy side though).
>>
>>13723241
Please stop spreading this meme
>>
>>13723209
>but most battles still play out through teamwork, tactics, and pilot skill rather than just the MC having a high end machine though.

It should be noted that in the second arc of Votoms, the Kummen arc, Chirico is always operating with pilots. This makes the fights feel less one sided since it isn't one guy taking everyone on.
>>
>>13723343
I'd stop doing it if it wasn't true. Dougram never fucking dies. It loses an arm rather often, and it gets damaged and shit, but when it gets destroyed - and the beginning of the show is very clear that it does get destroyed, so that much isn't a spoiler - it's because the Fang of the Sun destroy it themselves with bombs.

Every other time Dougram gets into a bad situation, they either manage to come up with a way to make Dougram not in a bad situation, like with the Garcia Platoon, or J. Locke shows up and saves the day. It was almost comedic by the end of the show.
>>
File: FLYING SHADOW SPOTTED.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FLYING SHADOW SPOTTED.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>13723411
It doesn't get into any especially dangerous situations on the regular and you'd know it if you stopped talking shit

Crinn is an expert pilot who probably has much better training than basically all of his enemies who are halfhearted Deloyearans. Being saved by the eyepatched man is not a common event to make a joke out of it when the Fang of the Sun is an independent squad most of the time. Saying 'they come up with a way to make Dougram not in a bad situation' is such bs, no shit the hero robot doesn't get chumped easily. There's nothing wrong with Crinn getting the upper hand and punching a Soltic's cockpit while Doug is pinned to the ground or Chico getting a good headshot.
>>
>>13723462
>'they come up with a way to make Dougram not in a bad situation'

That time they took Dougram apart, managed to smuggle it out of a fucking blockade, and no one was the wiser aside?

Look, I'm not saying the show is bad, but even though Dougram is theoretically not better than pretty much every other mech on the planet by the end... it pretty much just is.
>>
File: AnimatedSeries.jpg (31KB, 642x470px) Image search: [Google]
AnimatedSeries.jpg
31KB, 642x470px
>>13723187
I am only joking slightly.
Their mechs are actually objectively worse than the antagonist mechs.
>>
>>13723187
L-gaim shouldn't be like this in theory given how much they reference its capabilities being beyond other Heavy Metals, but in practice, its arm can be blown off in one hit just like anyone else's mech. It's almost always on the losing end of every fight, though that's admittedly more due to numbers than anything else. Even still, it's pretty clear that the only reason L-Gaim succeeds is because the protagonist is a great pilot. Halfway through the show, he moves into a new mech, while other people pilot his old one. None of them ever achieve the results he did in the exact same machine.
>>
>>13723187
Why do retards like you even watch mecha?
>>
>>13724468
because we like giant robots and war drama and desperately want something that combines the two. However japan cannot into war drama so we are fundamentally let down every time. Is that so wrong its not like we begrudge super robots we just want our flavor of ice cream man.
>>
>>13724501
If a store never sells your flavor, and hasn't for years, you should consider leaving the store.

Dougram was already mentioned, I second it.
>>
File: 3151069441_1766566f63_b.jpg (867KB, 1024x952px) Image search: [Google]
3151069441_1766566f63_b.jpg
867KB, 1024x952px
On the other hand, like three people mentioned Dougram, so I fourth it, I guess?

It's really good. Politics and intrigue too, which make for a pretty fun ride.
>>
>>13723187

Overman King Gainer had surprisingly good fights I think.
It has both Overmen with powers like "steal eberything" or "mind reading" and scrap metal Panzers etc on the field but the victory is mostly achieved through teamwork. Felt really refreshing to watch it after SEED where every damn battle is won by Kira and his hax mech.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.