[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MEET FN-2199, A.K.A. TR-8R: THE STORMTROOPER BEHIND THE MEME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: FN-2199.gif (966KB, 448x218px) Image search: [Google]
FN-2199.gif
966KB, 448x218px
http://www.starwars.com/news/meet-fn-2199-a-k-a-tr-8r-the-stormtrooper-behind-the-meme/

>His name is FN-2199. But his friends call him “Nines.” As detailed in Greg Rucka’s excellent book Before the Awakening, Nines trained and served on a squad with Finn (then FN-2187) in the First Order. That explains why he seems just a little extra angry upon seeing Finn during the attack on Maz’s Castle. You can see FN-2199 in the image below by Phil Noto from Before the Awakening — he’s the trooper seated in the background with red hair. Who’d have thought?

>There’s a reason that Nines gets to use an awesome weapon (which is called a Z6 baton). He’s riot control, and part of an elite squad that enforces order or squashes uprisings. While their weapons are non-lethal in theory, the Z6 can definitely cause harm or kill an opponent when used with brute force. Look, if a lightsaber can’t cut it, you know it ain’t good news.

More at the link.
>>
URAGIRI MONO ME
>>
>>13721015
>The Stormtrooper Behind the Meme
i'm surprised they didnt call him XD-9069 "Memes"
>>
File: Nines.png (612KB, 804x620px) Image search: [Google]
Nines.png
612KB, 804x620px
>>13721015
>this is offficial artwork
also i kind of think that even the clone wars and rebels manage to capture the feeling of star wars better than the force awakens
>>
we EU

can't wait to get the full backstory of the 2 storm troopers who walked away from kylos hissy fit
>>
File: Spinning (Director's cut).webm (48KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
Spinning (Director's cut).webm
48KB, 640x272px
Bravo Kasdan
>>
That one commenter over how we could possibly see Nines again brings up a silly yet valid point. Cyborg Dark Trooper Phase Zero when? Complete with him tossing more and more of his remaining humanity away as he upgrades chassis from every defeat and just becomes a brain in a Phase 3 body, kind of like Grievous just being a head and heart in a robot body?
>>
>Phil Noto

Damn, he usually does some great work. Guess he phoned it in cause Disney probably strongarmed Marvel to make him do it.
>>
>>13721015
>Let’s hope we haven’t seen the last of Nines.

Return of Traitor as new Boba Fett style badass antagonist confirmed.
>>
>>13721315
Kanjiklub is the Fett of the new movies though
>>
Wait what, I though it was Zeroes that was TR-8R, and he had beef with Finn for breaking his streak

Now he's Nines? Weird, but okay

Fun book so far though
>>
File: 423289868.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
423289868.gif
87KB, 480x270px
>>13721015
>FN-2199

Fucking checked.
>>
>>13721315
>Boba Fett
>badass

well meme'd
>>
>>13721719
He was just by his presence until his absurd death ( Which basically destroyed the character ).
>>
>>13721338
Yeah. Where did that info originally come from?
>>
>>13721015
Wait, the First Order actually rules people?
>>
>>13721315
Please, this. Please. Erase Phasma, acquire TR-8R
>>
>>13722071

Please don't. Please don't shove him in to the next couple of films as the cool Stormtroooper. Please just let the EU have him and give each film a different stormtrooper (or troopers) that gets to do something cool. Phasma can be off being the unique looking one who will probably do something cool eventually, but don't make this guy the only cool stormtrooper because it destroys what made this guy cool in the first place: the fact that it meant any random trooper could do something awesome and have a personality and story under the armor, not just this one guy.
>>
>>13722047
All of this comes from Before the Awakening.
>>
>>13721157
Its a lot better than most of the shitty fan art Ive seen
>>
>>13722252
I'm not sure if it was intentional, but his art usually feels a whole lot less flat.
http://philnoto.tumblr.com/archive
>>
File: superior.jpg (144KB, 428x648px) Image search: [Google]
superior.jpg
144KB, 428x648px
>>13722289
Indeed.
>>
>>13722047
someone's bootyhole
>>
>>13721015
>Stormtroopers are not allowed an identity
>but his friends call him "Nines"!
>>
>>13722339

Clone troopers had the same thing going on anon. They're not given a legal name as a way to dehumanize them by the system. They give themselves names as a way to humanize each other in spite of the system. The system cannot control them enough to enforce no nicknames between troopers, especially ones in the same barracks, troop or whatever.
>>
>>13722348
So Fin had no friends? Got it.
>>
>>13722360
That trooper who left a bloody hand print on his helmet was probably his only friend
>>
>>13722360
As expected of a traitor.
>>
>>13722367
>FN-6969, that was the only name they ever gave me
Could have totally said "My friend called me 69" or something. The way he spoke made it sound like nobody has anything but an ID. He had to have had a nickname at one point, right?
>>
>>13722077
Shut up SJW, Phasma ended up reinforcing the idea in the Empire that women are weak and incompetent with what she did in the move, if anything she should be taken out back and shot or force strangled. Instead because we need STRONG WOYME characters, they'll find some retarded way to make her a threat, but she won't accomplish anything and just end up getting all her men killed while she gets to survive because killing off women is wrong.
>>
>>13722450

You're a retard anon. I don't even give a fuck what happens with Phasma, I'm just not deluded enough to think they're replace her altogether. All I'm bothered by is the idea that TR-8R will become a special stormtrooper who gets to be the only cool one, instead of the movies featuring a couple of different stormtroopers who each get to do cool stuff because I want there to be more than one cool stormtrooper. The reason he was great was because he was unexpected and because it meant that any stormtrooper could potentially be great, not because he was him.

I know you want to beat off over how much you hate SJWs, but you can put it back in your pants because no-one cares.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.