[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /m/, is Gasaraki worth watching? I am 4 episodes deep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 17897.jpg (42KB, 225x343px) Image search: [Google]
17897.jpg
42KB, 225x343px
Tell me /m/, is Gasaraki worth watching? I am 4 episodes deep and while I am intrigued, I want to know if it's worth watching all the way through. I really enjoy the "realistic" approach it is taking, but I've heard mixed things about it

thoughts?
>>
If you like what you see then go for it.

It's a great show but not one with mass appeal and the reasons why should be apparent already.
>>
>>13718654
Its a hella lot of strange but nice. I dont know if id recommend it but keep at it if your already interested.
>>
>>13718654
It is one of the better mecha shows I've seen. I found the way that they merged together the different elements of the plot worked really well.
>>
>>13718654
Don't expect a romance, I'll tell you that.
It's kinda a blend of political thriller and mecha
>>
I honestly thought the ending was the best part and totally worth having to sit through /k/-tier 'realistic' military bullshit.

It's strange but I enjoyed the politics and alien shit way more than the fights, which I found to be just as boring as watching a real life war.
>>
>>13718654

It's a slow burner, that's for sure.

Pretty solid anime though.
>>
File: 1432106978272.jpg (96KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
1432106978272.jpg
96KB, 800x528px
>>13718654
If you like Takahashi's other works then you will definitely enjoy Gasaraki. The fact that you already enjoy the first 4 episodes is a good sign to continue. Like that other anon said the anime is a slow burner which turns most people off, but if you are already hooked then it only gets better form here.

>>13718993
I genuinely think you have autism, anon.
>>
G R A I N
R
A
I
N

but seriously its one of the best shows of all time for anyone who likes mecha/military/politics shows. it actually reminds me of deus ex in a lot of ways
>>
Its a hell long boring religious ritual.
>>
>>13719872
I have autism because I think tanks and planes are boring to watch? I guess I'd rather have autism than be a brainless drone who enjoys that kind of shit.
>>
>>13718654
God I need to watch this show. It used to air in 3rdworldia where I live but they would only air the episodes out of order and made no fucking sense. Thanks for reminding me it exists
>>
>>13718993
Well, they were going for a 'realistic' feel. It's a Takahashi show, but unlike VOTOMs, another Takahashi work that has mechs of similar size to the ones here, Gasaraki is grounded much more heavily in the Gulf War. So the battles in VOTOMs (a typical "galactic war" setting) were much more frenetic and fast-paced. You gotta admit the parts with the Kugai (the fantasy samurai mechs) were brutal, though. Those things did not fuck around.

Anyways OP, as I often say, I have a soft spot for Gasaraki, it being one of my earliest Takahashi shows. If you're 4 episodes in, I gotta warn you it does change heavily; the Gulf War thing eventually shades into JAPANESE POLITICS, GRAIN, and AYY LMAO. You may find that appealing, though, and there are some cool mech battles later on, so I would stick with it.
>>
DUST TO DUST
>>
>>13720257
ASHES TOOO ASHES
>>
>>13720266
I WILL SAY
>>
>>13720266
SOUL TOOO SOULLLL
>>
>>13720272
>>13720271
>>
>>13720273
NEVER AGAIN
>>
>>13720277
RRRREEMMMMBERRR NOOOW
>>
>>13720281
*Grumpy Old man chanting ancient noah mantras with drum beats*
>>
It's definitely one of, if not my favorite anime, because it's so out there.
>>
>>13720283
CARRY YOUR HEART
>>
>>13720356
TO WHEEEEEREEEEEEE
>>
>>13723107
YOU SENSE THE CRY COMES FROM
>>
>>13723137
CARRY YOUR HEAAAART
>>
>>13723157
TILL THE EEEEEEENNNND
>>
>>13723189
*TA shoots at your camera and destroys with Drum beats in background*
>>
nishida is so fucking based
>>
>>13723201
>*EKG pulse*
>>
>>13718654
Gasaraki is great.
But I've got one warning.
Please. PLEASE. Do not watch the last episode.
Pretend the series ends at 24. It's a good cutoff point. Pretend there's no episode 25. It's a fucking spit in the face and makes SEED Destiny look like it has a good ending.
>>
>>13724045
>he doesn't like 25
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHdie.
>>
>>13718958
>Don't expect a romance
How is that a bad thing?
>>
File: TA.gif (944KB, 398x286px) Image search: [Google]
TA.gif
944KB, 398x286px
>>
>>13719872
He has autism because he likes some things and not others? Definition of autism must have changed a lot recently.
>>
>>13718654
It's yet another expression of nipponese butthurt at losing WW2
>>
>>13724082
It's not.
Someone on /m/ once recommended it for a VOTOM style romance, and I was a dumbass for falling for it.
>>
>>13728845
The romance isn't great, but IMO Yushiro and Miharu definitely have a Chirico and Fyana thing going on. There's nothing as romantic as the walk through the desert in Sunsa, though, thats true.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.