[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally sat down and watched this series. It was alright, I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Gunbuster (6).png (1012KB, 952x716px) Image search: [Google]
Gunbuster (6).png
1012KB, 952x716px
Finally sat down and watched this series. It was alright, I thought there was too much crying and not enough Robot smashing alien invaders.

but man "Welcome Back" got me right in the feels
>>
>>13715808
The crying contextualizes the space battles, and the battles are short and spaced out well enough that when they do happen they're never dull for a moment.

Even if you don't appreciate the storytelling I don't think that anybody can deny the 10/10 aesthetics. Everyone loves the animation but I think that the score's just as great.
>>
>>13715867
I've heard people shit on the animation. Stupid people, but people nonetheless.
>>
File: ss (2016-01-06 at 06.24.01).png (2MB, 1195x899px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-01-06 at 06.24.01).png
2MB, 1195x899px
One of my favourite anime moments of all time to be quite honest with y'all.
>>
>>13715808
I though it was shit. It was mostly stitched together from references and homages to other shows held together with some pretty bad writing
>>
>>13716688
that's gainax to you
>>
>>13715808

>too much crying and not enough Robot smashing alien invaders.
Fucken oath. I would go as far as to say the first 3.5 episodes are pretty shit. Now the rest of it is pretty great, but a 6 episode show with 3 bad episodes is a mediocre show.

I don't know how anyone can like Noriko as a character either. She's a useless crybaby up until she is given an invincible super robo. Yet she is hailed as a 'badass' here in /m/-land. It's like people just forget the events of the first 3 and a half episodes.
>>
>>13719417
This just means you lack guts in your soul.
>>
>>13719417
Anon, you do not appreciate the journey.

Simon was a whiny piece of shit for a while too, then he manned the fuck up.

If he had not lived in the most perverse possible universe he might have inhabited, or one well down the scale towards this point, he might have too.

But he didn't and everything was horrible, such is Life as Shinji.
>>
>>13719449
Noriko is the one lacking guts
>>
>>13719476
>you do not appreciate the journey.
It's because I'm a 'in it for the journey and not the destination' kind of guy that I can't forgive over half the show being a whinefest.
>>
File: cry a lot gunbuster.png (624KB, 901x463px) Image search: [Google]
cry a lot gunbuster.png
624KB, 901x463px
>>
>Show is about two Japanese high school girls
>One of them lost her dad and developed a complex about it, is hated by everyone, is all but forced to become humanity's last hope due to nepotism when even she thinks she can't do it, and time dilation destroys any relation she has to the rest of the world
>The other is a constantly driven moody genius who represses everything and is losing the only person she's ever loved to space AIDS
>Whole point of the story is that this seemingly invincible autistic ace is still a frail little girl and the awkward dumb girl has to grow up in spite of her pain to become the savior everyone needs her to be and the struggle they face before they become the heroes everyone has made them
>"why do they cry so much guys jeez"
>>
i will never understand the buster eraser tool scene.
>>
>>13721027
Excuses excuses
>>
File: 1199401032492.jpg (111KB, 1165x480px) Image search: [Google]
1199401032492.jpg
111KB, 1165x480px
>>
File: Nono.jpg (304KB, 934x934px) Image search: [Google]
Nono.jpg
304KB, 934x934px
Diebuster's ending hit me alot harder
>>
>>13721628
Diebuster was pretty fucking stupid as a whole and the ending was a cheap punch. It even made Gunbuster's ending worse for me.
>>
>>13721636
>Diebuster was pretty fucking stupid as a whole

care to elaborate?

everyone shits on diebuster but nobody says why.
>>
>>13721644
For me, it lacked focus, didn't give enough information to the audience (there were a lot stuff I had to watch twice to pick up on), had weird pacing, and ultimately felt more in the vain of FLCL than Gunbuster. There was still good stuff in it, like the twist on the whole role model set up established in Gunbuster, and it being so different can be seen as a plus since a straight up rehash would be boring, but the unfocused nature of the overall product really hurts it in comparison to the simplicity of Gunbuster.
>>
>>13716542
>people nonetheless
I beg to differ
>>
>>13721674
Forgot to add that I'm not that >13721644 guy lol Diebuster wasn't stupid, just more confusing than it needed to be.
>>
>>13721636
>>13721674
Agreed
>>
File: cha amuro.jpg (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
cha amuro.jpg
27KB, 200x200px
>>13721027
>implying i don't know what character faults and character development is
It shouldn't take 4 episodes for the headline robot to show up.
>>
>>13721027
>nepotism
how often will i have to explain
it's a sports anime trope
kouchi sensed noriko's potential the same way any sports anime coach senses the MC's potential in the first episode
hell the first episode was such an obvious homage to ace wo nerae i just don't see how nobody understands this
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.