[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished SPT Layzner, I thought it was very good, up until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 23573.jpg (39KB, 225x322px) Image search: [Google]
23573.jpg
39KB, 225x322px
Just finished SPT Layzner, I thought it was very good, up until the ending. The ending was terrible and rushed, why do people say its so good? Is the third ova episode really that much better?
>>
>>13714327
>The ending was terrible and rushed, why do people say its so good?
People don't. The show was cancelled due to sponsor issues and they had to rush an ending.

The third OVA episode is better, not perfect.
>>
>>13714327

I've personally never been able to watch past episode 10ish because I just end up uninterested... I do like the first two episodes a lot though and think the mech fights are pretty well animated and choreographed...
>>
File: 1448671298475.jpg (37KB, 438x344px) Image search: [Google]
1448671298475.jpg
37KB, 438x344px
>>13714327
I hear this show got a bluray rerelease recently. Did anyone ever end up putting subs on the bluray version?
>>
>>13714399
Not yet, but /m/ Subs is planning to.
>>
>>13714327
The show pretty much goes bonkers with the second half anyway, as if someone had suddenly merged it with Hokuto no Ken or something.
>>
>>13714327

The third OVA is quite good. I never watched the final episode though. I think the show had serious pacing problems.They spent too much time getting too earth, too much Costerro as well. It had everything it needed to be an A Mecha anime, but the pacing and some of the antagonists, along with the cancellation, really hurt it. The main cast is really great though, and I think that the SPT's were well conceived and had very great combat.

>>13714521
They did the post apocalyptic setting pretty well, but they wasted so much time on the death demon squad instead of developing it properly.
>>
Very, not perfect, but a lot better than 38.
Layzner is always a favorite of mine
>>
>>13714327
This show showed me the /m/an inside me.

Without /m/'s effort to sub this show, I would had never realized that.
Thank you /m/-subs.

Anyway OP, watch ep 3 of the OVA. It removes the mess of the last ep of the tv series into coherent episode.
>>
>>13714327
Didn't watch the last episode. Just watched the OAV.
Nice ending and very good show it was.
>>
>>13714399
>needing subtitles for an American cartoon
>>
>>13714327
>The ending was terrible and rushed

their primary sponsor killed a bunch of people and went bust
>>
>>13714327
>I thought it was very good
>up until the ending
So one episode makes you hate an entire show? That's fucked up OP. Layzner is awesome regardless.
>>
Layzner, L-gaim and Dragonar are the 3 non gundams I hear of most frequently but I always forget which one is actually good. Is it this?
>>
>>13716875
All 3 are pretty solid. Dragonar is probably the most consistent of the three, though suffers from HK subs only.
>>
>>13716875
Not Dragonar, considering how boring it is
>>
>>13716875
You certainly wouldn't hear that about Dragonar from Starseeker, she's bored to tears when she has to work on it. Honestly, I pity her having to work on a project she clearly has no interest in at all.
>>
>>13716875
Layzner is the best out of those three, L-Gaim is just a slightly more boring ZZ, and Dragonar is pretty boring overall.

Though really I'm surprised you didn't hear about VOTOMs or Dunbine, both of which are a lot more popular than Dragonar considering they have numerous sequels as well as official subtitles.
>>
>>13717182
Weren't Dunbine's sequels pretty bad? I don't think Garzey's Wing really counts, but I know the New Dunbine was supposed to suck, so no one subbed it.
>>
>>13717198
Well the original Dunbine wasn't much of a catch once they got to Earth, but New Dunbine has been subbed for years (I myself saw it nearly a decade ago). It's a nice, short D&D-style OVA with some of the best designs in the franchise (Much like the Galient OVA) and some extremely catchy tunes.

Wings of Rean is generally disliked but if you can put up with the typical Tominoisms you might like it (I personally thought it was the most enjoyable entry in the franchise)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.