[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, did the Kamen Rider Black manga have any resolution at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 007718.jpg (389KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
007718.jpg
389KB, 1024x768px
So, did the Kamen Rider Black manga have any resolution at all? Why did Ishinomori decide to end it like that?

I'm not into Kamen Rider tv series at all (only into Ishinomori), so was the tv series similar?
>>
File: RX.jpg (9KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
RX.jpg
9KB, 194x259px
>>13711642
That's not RX.
>>
File: shadowmoon_king_of_kings.png (387KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
shadowmoon_king_of_kings.png
387KB, 900x626px
>>13711642
>resolution in the manga

Beyond defeating Shadow Moon, not really. But I don't think he's going to become the Century King he saw in Australia.

The TV series isn't like that as much. Mostly zany Golgom plots that Black stumbles across while trying to figure out how to rescue Nobohiko (spoiler: he doesn't).

It ends up with an implied cosmic horror like Cthulhu who wants Shadow Moon and Black Sun to fight like Highlander until there is only one.
>>
File: kamenriderblack.png (53KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
kamenriderblack.png
53KB, 500x400px
>>13711642

But there's a resolution.

Somewhere in the future, there will be a demon king of Golgom, or the Creation King who would rule the post-apocalyptic Earth and drive what little there is left of humanity to extinction. We see this doomed future in all the Australia chapters.

The people of the future, whom we’ve met in those chapters, in desperation summoned Minami Kotaro to the future world as a last resort. Minami Kotaro by this point was still trying to fight Golgom with Nobuhiko, now also a modified human and a very possible candidate for future Creation King.

In the future world however, when Kotaro encounters the Creation King, he claims to be future Kotaro, now in his full power and invincible to any efforts by past Kotaro.

So instead, to save past-Kotaro from the encounter, he was zapped back into “present day“, but instead 7 years later (in the comic’s time, 1999) than where he was originally from. In that seven years, the world has gone worse, steadily heading towards the ruined world we saw in the future. Nobuhiko has meanwhile seemingly and finally lost himself and fully intends to claim the throne of the Creation King.

To save Kotaro once again from this encounter, the future people sent Kotaro slightly further but still in the year 1999. Now, Japan and all other civilization is on the brink of destruction, all nations and cities becoming a wasteland. Here, Kotaro encounters Nobuhiko once again, and engage in a final battle. Kotaro wins, but Nobuhiko in his last breath tells that now Kotaro will become Creation King instead,, as it was ordained by Golgom from the beginning.

Now, Kotaro is left all alone standing on the ruins of the old world (its why he is literally standing on a sinking ship called “Nippon Maru”). Whether he actually stopped humanity’s eventual extinction or will he be destined to become Creation King as prophesized in the future is left uncertain, while Kotaro asks what will become of him.
>>
>>13711642

There's one weird TV-manga hybrid by Kazuhiko Shimamoto.
>>
>>13714961
Has that been translated?
>>
I prefer the TV ending. Ishinomori went too far in some places and his ending felt rushed. The TV ending was flawed as the entire show but it was way more satisfying
>>
>>13714965

Look for the Kamen Rider ZO manga. It was included as a one-shot there.
>>
>>13711646

Black RX is kinda of a pseudo-sequel. It just doesn't work as a follow-up to Black. It forgot it had anything to do with it really early on. Except maybe for the weird Shadow Moon episodes. Also, Black is standalone, not supposed to be in the same continuity as the old shows.
>>
>>13711642
>tfw TB is a better Black than the show
>>
>>13711642
No
And that's the point
It's a never ending bout of suffering
Just like every Showa Rider
Your riding into the sun moment is but an illusion of what remains of your organic body, slowly waiting for the cyborg part to eat away your soul.
>>
>>13715052
RX was supposed to be a stand-alone show with a different MC but Toei got scared of losing audience. Black made it but it was preceded by huge disappointments. The execs thought it was safer to shoehorned Kotaro Minami on the new show.
>>
>>13715303
For some reason I like RX over Black.
>>
>>13715310
It's that sweet taiyo no ko.
>>
File: CX1PUcGW8AA6jrT.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CX1PUcGW8AA6jrT.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>>13714280
BRB reading manga
>>
What's the difference between Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider Black, Kamen Rider ZO and Kamen Rider Spirits? Which one should be read first?
>>
>>13714982
To me the last Shadow Moon battle was a better climax, but I enjoyed it for what it was.
>>
>>13718182
>Kamen Rider
original work related to but not directly attached to the original tv show
>Kamen Rider Black
based on the idea that KR was a tv show at some point, again an original work with relation but not directly attached to the tv
>Kamen Rider ZO
movie tie-in and some random stuff
>Kamen Rider Spirits
love letter to the various tv shows from back in the day
>>
>>13714280
that is an awful ending, it's kinda weird how bad Japanese creators are at endings, you rarely see one that is even remotely satisfying
>>
>>13718445

But I love it. I would not care nearly as much for a more traditional ending.
>>
>>13718445
But it's a great ending.
>>
>>13714280
>(its why he is literally standing on a sinking ship called “Nippon Maru”).
Oh, so that's what it meant.

Well, thanks for the explanation - the storyline was pretty disjointed in the last few chapters that I have no idea what the heck was going on
>>
>>13718445
It's fine as an ending, and you are blatantly wrong.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.