[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: inaho.png (276KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
inaho.png
276KB, 700x392px
And is season 2 any good?
>>
>>13707063
Yes and no. But neither was season one so go figure.
>>
>>13707063
Yes to the title question.

No to the body question.
>>
>>13707063

What's wrong with season two? Season one really wasn't that bad.
>>
>>13707063
>Was he autistic?
Yes.
>And is season 2 any good?
Not really. The first and second Sleipnir vs. Tharsis skirmishes in the asteroid belt looked nifty, but the "Space Wind" thing makes me cringe.
That's really the nicest thing I can say about it since Eyebro didn't pan out to be anything interesting
>>13707081
>What's wrong with season two?
Among many things, the momentum grinds to a minimum after the third episode (or whenever the Deucalion goes back to Earth) and then there's about 6 episodes of what ultimately ends up as essentially filler. Also, while it isn't a complete sin, the core cast of characters and their actions only have a very minimal effect on the overall conclusion of the show. Aside from one thing Eggs does the world state could be achieved without any character's help.

I mean of course all writing has the conceit that what the author intends will happen no matter what, but this script felt like they didn't know how to achieve that end using the pieces they had set the board with.
>>
>>13707063

What do you expect from shitty unoriginal anime writers that can't come up with a character that isn't some cookie-cutter archetype?
>>
>>13707063
>Finally a new show where the protag is using just a generic mech and not some overpowered monstrosity
>goes to shit 6 episodes in
Why?
>>
File: 1430956609161.jpg (48KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430956609161.jpg
48KB, 640x720px
>>13707081
>Season one really wasn't that bad.
>>
>>13707264
>goes to shit 6 episodes in
More like was shit from the get go
>>
>>13707272
I liked the first two battles.
Fight me.
>>
>>13707264
>where the protag is using just a generic mech and not some overpowered monstrosity
That's the dumbest premise to a mecha anime, didn't they realize all that'll come about is more asspulls.
>>
>>13707280
>I like shit

Okay?
>>
File: 1422147153707.png (225KB, 875x327px) Image search: [Google]
1422147153707.png
225KB, 875x327px
>>13707063
Inaho's autism was so bad, that getting shot in the head actually improved his social interaction.
Slaine literally did him a favor.
>>
>>13707425
>PUNISHED EGGS
Such lust for revenge
>>
>>13707149
>course all writing has the conceit that what the author intends will happen no matter what, but this script felt like they didn't know how to achieve that end using the pieces they had set the board with

The problem was the pieces on the board primarily moved strictly with authorial intent, which made most characterization pointless or rendered meaningless as plot and intent demanded. Most of the cast couldn't even be considered chesspieces since they essentially cardboard placeholders.

Even Eggs didn't seem to impact the story much. Trying to find/save asshime and trying to not die to other mechs doesn't quite have the same storytelling potential as Slaine's story did during the second half. Overcompensating by making Eggs robot jesus who can solo an army isn't good storytelling. Nor does it really achieve anything on its own to maneuver anywhere near the intended ending - i.e., peace and love for everyone.

Unless they were trying to imply Eggs was going to annihilate the opposition single-handed. But then that doesn't really make him any different or better than whatever Slaine was trying to accomplish, just with less government reform to work through by the end because all of vers would be dead.
>>
I liked that the ending basically was "no matter what you and your group did, it didn't matter in the overall scheme of things, you were just one tiny part of the greater conflict".

Too bad the lead up to that little bit was all over the place with braindead enemies and some overly special MC that should have stayed dead.
>>
>>13709891
>you were just one tiny part of the greater conflict".
I wouldn't have minded this if there was ANY exploration of this past a few throwaway lines.
>>
>>13709891
>I liked that the ending basically was "no matter what you and your group did, it didn't matter in the overall scheme of things, you were just one tiny part of the greater conflict".
Really hampers down on how pointless everything in this show was and that's not a good thing.
>>
>>13709891
>"no matter what you and your group did, it didn't matter in the overall scheme of things, you were just one tiny part of the greater conflict".
What greater conflict?
>>
Honestly my favorite thing about Season 2 was where Slaine and Sexybaum pointed out that unless the established ruling class of Mars was overthrown, then resources gained from Earth would continue to be hoarded by the Orbital Knights.

Asshime then comes along and pretty much continues to damn her own people to a vicious cycle of poverty and poverty all for the sake of randoms on Earth while also selling out her peoples only advantage.

Bravo.
>>
>>13709931
>damn her own people to a vicious cycle of poverty and poverty all
Candidate Sanders, I'm United Earth Government
>>
File: 1411796664033.jpg (115KB, 700x698px) Image search: [Google]
1411796664033.jpg
115KB, 700x698px
>>13709915
The one mentioned as going on, but we never get to see it because shitty execution. Like >>13709900 said.

>>13709912
I wouldn't mind a series that ended on an open and sour/bad note if it was done right. Making it as if they were a lucky squad doing all the right things, but only to realize that it was all but wasted in the grand scheme of things would have been nice, if the fights were valid victories rather than brainless enemies vs Inaho and co.

Kind of like if the efforts of the White Base and Gundam didn't actually make a big difference in the OYW and the Feds could have won without them, or Zeon won regardless due to better management of forces and earlier tech superiority.
>>
>>13709966
Jim won the OYW.
>>
File: 1423427421916.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423427421916.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>13709974
In hindsight, I should have used SEED and the 3SA instead, but I didn't want to bring that up and any possible arguments that deviate from A/Z's already depressing execution.
>>
>>13707063
That was some really blatant case of "Nihon strong" in mecha anime in recent years.

>>13709891
It would had been better that way instead of bullshit like
-Inaho in the entire solar system using his brain
-ending of s1 and beginning of s2
-entire s2 of nothing.
>>
File: 1422148973833.jpg (354KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422148973833.jpg
354KB, 1280x720px
1. Yes, and the bad kind of autism since he's flawless forever.

2. No, the first season wasn't good but it had a few saving graces, the second one was just pure shit.
>>
>>13709931
Except apparently Asshime did acquire resources for her people and started a new cycle of friendship that improved the life of her people.

They just don't tell you that in the show at all and WOG later had to explain the ending to all the rest of us who aren't as smart as eggs
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.