[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why all the AGE hate? It's actually not all that bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22

File: Age-1-normal.png (101KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
Age-1-normal.png
101KB, 584x800px
Why all the AGE hate?
It's actually not all that bad.

Is it mediocre? Yes.
But it's not the fucking rapture.

Anybody out there LIKE AGE?
>>
File: AGE-1 Warzes.jpg (140KB, 411x452px) Image search: [Google]
AGE-1 Warzes.jpg
140KB, 411x452px
>>13706767
I like AGE-1 Razor and Warzes
>>
>>13706767
Only the mecha designs.

Hated everything else; far more than any other Gundam series.
>>
>>13706783
It has some of the best mecha designs I have seen
>>
>>13706767
Best thing to come out of it was the Space Pinochet Flit.
>>
The show is ok.
I only hate those who hated it.
>>
>>13706767
Great first two seasons. Disappointing third. We did get Grandpa Genocide from it though.
>>
File: 1401286202211.jpg (835KB, 1410x2820px) Image search: [Google]
1401286202211.jpg
835KB, 1410x2820px
>>13706794
I liked the logical expansion on SEED's Strike/Silhouette/Wizard pack idea.

A shame they chose the simplest and shittiest designs to feature in the anime.
>>
>>13706767

I want to fuck alisa and become wootbit's father.
>>
>>13706828
The simplicity made them believable.. especially the grunt MS
>>
AGE sucked black cocks.

It was a kids show made to shill gunpla
>>
>>13706839
I bet it also made them easier to animate .
>>
>>13706839
The simplicity of the chosen AGE Wears made me not want to spend on Gunpla for that series.

And they were supposed to be using the anime to advertise the game. They could have done a better job by showing some of the cooler/sexier wears kicking ass and taking almost no prisoners.
>>
>>13706838
I agree with the first half of that sentence.
>>
>>13706935

Isn't alisa his mother though?
>>
>>13706767
It was better than Zeta at least
>>
>>13706767
well it's better than seed at least
>>
>>13706864
>hurp derp
>made to shill gunpla
like every fucking gundam ever? why even post? what things did you really hate about it?
>>
>>13706989
Yeah, but I wouldn't want to be Woodbit's father.
>>
>>13706839
The grunts were way too simple to be believable. In general grunts are only simpler because they need to be drawn in large numbers and make the hero units look better by comparison, there's no reason for an 18m tall military machine to look like a fucking toddler toy.
>>
>>13706767
Most of the arcs were boring, the majority of characters lacked development or depth, most of the female characters pretty much existed just to justify the kid in the next generation, the pacing was all over the place, the villain faction was handled horribly, and the last arc was terrible.

That said the grunts were nice and Flit was actually sympathetic.
>>
>>13707030

It's a price I'm willing to pay.

I would love a harem of emily, alisa, girard, fram, and dorene. For a kids show age had 9/11 would ss girls.
>>
>>13706767
>Why all the AGE hate?
>It's actually not all that bad.

Compared to G-Reco and IBO, sure. But you see, standards were actually higher back then.
>>
>>13706767
I'm watching it right now, and it's pretty fucking mediocre. I think my biggest criticism is the kiddy aesthetic, but even beyond that it's just average, ranging into stupid every now and then.

Also, why the fuck does the AGE Builder only build shit for the Gundam? Yeah, if it ends up building some additional armor attachments, that makes sense, but when it also just builds a fucking rifle, have that shit be made for the grunt mobile suits as well.
>>
>>13707112
>Also, why the fuck does the AGE Builder only build shit for the Gundam? Yeah, if it ends up building some additional armor attachments, that makes sense, but when it also just builds a fucking rifle, have that shit be made for the grunt mobile suits as well.
That was one of the dumber bits about the series in general.
>>
>>13707070
>Compared to G-Reco and IBO, sure.
Found the retard
>>
File: 1410757547090.jpg (107KB, 1106x414px) Image search: [Google]
1410757547090.jpg
107KB, 1106x414px
>>
>>13707112
>>13707119

Because the age builder uses data gathered from the age system. You would have to install age systems on everyone else to do that. However, they do start mass producing age equipment like the dods rifle.
>>
File: Genderswap Zeheart.jpg (1008KB, 864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Genderswap Zeheart.jpg
1008KB, 864x1200px
Zeheart should have been a girl.
>>
>>13707124
>However, they do start mass producing age equipment like the dods rifle.
Where where outright stated to be inferior to the AGE Builder version for a stupid reason; that being that the tech was too advanced for even the best Federation engineers to reverse-engineer.
>>
>>13707124
I'm only on episode 10 at the moment, so that's good to know. It's just that the one dude is still deploying in the grunt Genoace with the same shitty beam pistol. If the Builder already collected data on building a rifle for the Gundam, can't it just shit another one out so that the Genoace can actually do anything?
>>
>>13707136
AGE doesn't really drop off a cliff until gen 3, so hold your comments until then.

Also:

>The Pros and Cons of the Information Gathering Device Known as the AGE System
>The theory behind the AGE System's construction and upgrading process is that a greater amount of data can be gained from battle, enabling an increased amount of refinements. In other words, the "Gundam" would engage in many battles and gather knowledge, which would then be used to create powerful equipment that would add to the capabilities of "Gundam", and so on. This is how the AGE System was to "evolve" Mobile Suits. Unfortunately, the system has the problems you'd expect from something experimental. The plans it creates aren't suited for general use, and the AGE System itself is filled with black boxes due to being constructed by the "Mobile Suit Blacksmiths", the Asunos. It's exceedingly difficult to use the equipment developed for the Gundam for other purposes. Due to this, only weapons that are relatively simple like the DODS Rifle or the Beam Saber have been put into large scale production by various organizations with the technical capability to do so, such as the Madorna Workshop. Meanwhile the "Titus" and other examples of the Wear System will have to wait a long before they can be mass produced.
>>
File: 1451381375053.jpg (935KB, 2585x3662px) Image search: [Google]
1451381375053.jpg
935KB, 2585x3662px
>>
/m/ is reactionary cry babies.

They hate everything except for bitching and moaning.
>>
>>13706767
I dropped AGE for story reasons, but AGE has my favorite mecha design ever.

DESPERADO
>>
File: AGE.png (27KB, 1426x446px) Image search: [Google]
AGE.png
27KB, 1426x446px
>>13706767
AGE is a serious case of lazy, bad writing and wasted potential. Also weird looking suits won't appeal to many.
>>
I enjoyed AGE a lot OP, I'm probably one of the few AGEfags who exists on /m/.
>>
>>13707070
At this point I'll say that AGE is better than IBO.
>>
>>13707498
>I enjoyed AGE a lot
>they exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUeHInGjvtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAVcFXFcFKg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igM1B3-b20

I still feel bad for the production staff putting so much effort into it despite the fuck awful script.
>>
>>13707515
I imagine that, if they could make some decent OPs, that could be used as bait to bring new viewers in.
>>
File: 41244141.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
41244141.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
I actually really, really like AGE though I'll be the first to admit it's nowhere near good. I just really enjoy stories taking place over several generations (because of this SaGa Frontier II is one of my favorite games) and I love seeing the characters grow much older as the show goes on.

Obviously AGE didn't share as much characters over the different arcs as I'd like but I'll take what I can get.

Besides for as terrible a character she was Romary ended up being a HanaKana voiced MILF, I can't hate that.
>>
>>13706767
I liked it quite a bit. AGE-2 was my favourite though, the idiot in >>13707496's screencap totally had it go over his fucking head apparently, and the rest of that post is too just too fucking stupid. It's like reading a MAL review of G-Reco, you can't help but come to the conclusion that the other only has a double digit IQ.
>>
>>13707773

Why don't you explain it then? It's a common complaint about the second generation after all and personally I'd say you could cut the second (or third) generation and lose nothing, because there's not much to differentiate Asem and Kio in the end and Asem basically disappears in the finale because he can't contribute anything Kio isn't already bringing. They both dislike Flit's attitude and eventually decide they want to make peace with the Vagans. They go about it different ways, but you could make it a two generation story and really lose nothing thematically.
>>
>>13706767
Yeah, its complete shit.
Heck, just looked at AGE-1. Its the most boring RX-78-2 copy I've ever seen.
>>
The main point of Gen 2 was to introduce sympathetic Vagans so Flit's genocide plan would be more obviously wrong.

It... didn't really manage to do that.

Really AGE in general has a pretty good framework for each of its arcs, it just utterly fucks up the execution. Gen 1 is a 0079 alike that ends up going horribly wrong, leading to Flit growing up into a madman. Gen 2 is the classic "son overshadowed by his father" story mixed with "friends are forced to fight due to war", and led to Asemu wanting a more peaceful end. Gen 3 tries to be Kio learning about all the sides of the conflict and then choosing what he thinks to be the proper path for the final arc, but it's hilariously badly done and he ends up just looking like a complete brat.
>>
>>13707630
This is pretty much the same thoughts as me:

>I enjoyed it, but understand that in the long run, it's not good at all.
>I enjoy generational stories, and like seeing the characters getting older and starting families of their own.

I also found enjoyment in some of the characters themselves, and the designs of the units involved (most Gundam and Federation, I'm not so big on the Vagan designs outside of a personal few I liked).
>>
>>13706878
>not wanting glorious AGE-2
You're a sad person
>>
File: Clanche_custom.png (126KB, 300x480px) Image search: [Google]
Clanche_custom.png
126KB, 300x480px
The only good thing that came out of age were the suit designs. Shame they were wasted on a shit show
>>
>>13707773
AGE-2 is a fat lot of nothing though, Asemu is running in circle until Woolf is killed and he magically turns into a gary stu, Desil became a complete retard, Arisa is utterly irrelevant, hamfisted and shallow love triangle that's probably some unwanted homage to 0083, Flit gets wasted by some grunt wearing a magic helmet and probably the most retarded finale of any arcs with that corrupt general whatshisname.
>>
1 eh
2 okay
3 shit

suits are literally the only good thing in it it's also got some great looking action scenes but those are few and far between
>>
>>13707865
>Asemu
>Gary Stu
do people even research terms anymore? Asemu has massive character flaws that carry over to the 3rd gen. Did we forget that this is the same guy who left his family to secretly play Harlock?
>>
Because all the Vagan weren't exterminated by the end.
>>
>>13707875
Flit trying to nuke the vagan base saved the final episode a tiny bit.
>>
>>13707882
Until Yurin screws everything up. Vegans don't deserve anything. At least in SEED, Naturals were actually just fighting because the coordies fucked up their power sources because fucking seigel thought it was a nice idea
>>
>>13707889
>vegans

I kek'd
>>
>>13706767
Its got the worst girls
>>
>>13708403
Who cares?
>>
File: 45G507.jpg (234KB, 469x772px) Image search: [Google]
45G507.jpg
234KB, 469x772px
It has incredibly believable mecha.
I could see soldiers piloting this 30 years from now..

Plus it's a nice homage to the classic GM
>>
I can't begin to explain how much of a fucking mistake the main villains of this show ere
>>
>>13707129
>Kio: Grandpa said you killed my mother!
>Zeheart: No, Kio, I AM UR MOTHER!
This changes everything.
>>
>>13708403
They may be bad, but they are pretty cute.
>>
>>13706767
I love the mobile suit designs, I'm impartial to arc 1, love arc 2, LOATHE Arc 3.

the last 10 episodes LITERALLY made me depressed.
>>
>>13707515
What a waste of good songs.
>>
>>13708532
>Spend 3/4 of the series showing the Vagans as fanatical, ruthless killers who go out of their way to attack civilians, escalate conflits, and acting generally dickish.
>Their leader is a rambling old man with a crazy plan that legimately makes no sense.
>What little we see of the vagan civilians early on shows them as fanatics
>Their military is led by a cartoonishly evil looking villain who is a fanatic and a teenager who keeps screwing up yet somehow keeps getting promoted.
>Then we spend 2 rpisodes at mars where outside of a handfull of kids everyone still seems like fanatics.

They royally fucked up the portrayal of the entire faction if they were trying to make them sympathetic or pitiable at the end. The only actual decent one even gets killed by his own commander for being a traitor.
>>
File: Gunner_1.jpg (40KB, 299x391px) Image search: [Google]
Gunner_1.jpg
40KB, 299x391px
>>13706828
Level 5 did a pretty decent job with the game, but that's moreso on a designs standpoint. the game itself is a bit clunky and...DEAR GOD. FUCK THE STORY.

"No, stop customizing, you gotta use this horribly inferior machine because we said so!"
>>
>>13707190
>that genoace
unf
>>
>>13706767
I will give you some points to chew on

>The plot is riddled with fucking century old cliches
>One of the worst mecha designs in gundam history
>bar none the worst character designs in gundam history
>rushed as shit
>some random psycho bitch who was introduced in the later half of s3 overwhelms almost everyone in the show
>reusing the main rival twice
>>
There's a number of terms that feel like they describe my thoughts on AGE. Besides 'wasted potential', I think 'underdone' is the one other that keeps coming to mind.

The setting, the story, the characters. They all feel like someone started with them, got maybe a bit of a sketch done...and then never bothered to go back in and finish them. Even a character like Flit, who we follow for the whole series, never feels like they take his arc of rise, fall, and redemption as far as they should - threatens to fall, but never commits, and his last minute redemption feels forced as Hell rather than a logical progression - thus giving rise to all the 'mind rape' arguments.
Likewise, the story and setting never really seem to take the progression of time into account.
Over the course of three series spanning approximately 14 years, we see the Universal Century grow and change quite a bit. Even beyond characters aging, we see the political situations, technology, and even some styles shift as numerous conflicts flare up and die out.
(cont)
>>
>>13708657
By comparison, AGE gives us a setting where war has been going on in varying degrees for roughly sixty years (plus an epilogue to cheat in that promised hundred) and beyond new MS and characters, the setting never really feels like it ages at all. You could trade out character designs and say it was "Later that same day" and people wouldn't know the difference.
Which, considering we're talking about a setting where Flit pulls a Stalin-grade purge of the Earth government and is running things for a while under his "I'm from Angel Colony and I say KILL 'EM ALL!" foreign policy, smacks of a huge missed thread.

Of course, even beyond the main plot, AGE's setting may be one of the worst to grace Gundam in over 30 years of works - in that it's almost not even there. Yes, they bring in some background in the series, but it's hard not to feel like they were basically making it up as they went along. Compare that to almost every other Gundam series which, for better or worse, do well at creating a setting that feels like it's been thought out and realized along with the story, and it just adds to the feeling that Hino just sort of blew this one off when it came to transferring it to an anime. This is the kind of stuff you can work around - or an audience might be willing to forgive - in a game, but to expect it to fly in an anime where there's no gameplay to cover for it was a huge miscalculation.

and you know something? I could have probably come down less hard on that were it not for the fact BanRise's announcements of this show starting out included their estimated sales figures and how they expected this thing to shit gold for them.
If you're going to bet that high, BanRise, put in the effort. Don't offer this half-baked series and expect it to rain down yen.
>>
>>13708662
They actually did, that's why they got Level 5 in.

And considering the things directly before and after AGE were huge hits, it's really just a complete anomaly that AGE flopped so hard.
>>
>>13707870
Asem's not really a Stu character-wise, no. They really botched the whole super pilot thing, though. Like, conceptually it works fine, but rather than it being "Asem's so good that you can read his movements and it doesn't help because there's no way to escape", there's a lot of scenes of X-Rounders just suddenly being unable to read his mind. Don't even get me started on the final battle with Zeheart. What a pathetic curbstomp.
>>
>>13708682
The things Level 5 made directly before and after AGE, to clarify.

I mean damn, look how great Youkai Watch is doing.
>>
>>13708682
That then leads to the speculation that Hino got caught up in his own projects and just stopped giving a fuck about AGE after a while.

See: "Hino doesn't go to meetings"
>>
>>13708684
The curbstomp made sense though, Zeheart had lost his mind it by that point, and was blinded by rage.

That's why it made it easy for Asemu to beat him up.
>>
>>13706767
Random final boss, 8-bit plot, retarded villian.
>>
>>13708698
>8-bit plot

Still the best/worst part of that - Shanalua being bought off by a man in a hooded cloak WITH A SACK OF GOLD FUCKING COINS.

Did no one realize how absolutely stupid that was going to look in that setting?
>>
>>13708532
Ezelcant : Here's my utterly retarded plan Zeheart, if you feel like you got cheated, feel free to end my life.
Zeheart : This plans is fantastic!

I can't help but think that AGE could have been funny to watch if they didn't take anything seriously at all.
>>
>>13708707
>Shanalua being bought off by a man in a hooded cloak WITH A SACK OF GOLD FUCKING COINS
IBO is officially AGE tier now.
>>
>>13708691
Even if Hino gets involved he will still be writing plots with less depth than a kiddie pool.
>>
>>13708707
Shanalua was cute.
>>
>>13708720
Still would have been better than the present result. Case in point, see Danball and Inazuma. The latter in particular let itself go crazy, so it's a shame AGE got stifled in that department.
>>
>>13708662
While they did announce their plan to sell a million game copies, that magazine image with the chart on it that gets posted a lot has been mistaken as a sales goal chart for years now. It's actually describing rate of hg releases. They planned to pump out hg faster than they did with previous series in order to coincide with in show appearances.
>>
>>13708740
I would like to counter with White Knight chronociles because that's the blandest shit ever but I haven't actually pay attention to Inazuma so I am out-exampled here.
>>
>>13708694
It's still a laughably shitty way to kill off the closest thing you have to a main villain. There's no feeling of payoff for the generation-long rivalry there. Asem just wrecks Zeheart in less than thirty seconds.
>>
>>13708742
They presumably expected that people would buy those releases. And if more had been AGE wears or Fed grunts instead of a billion space dragons, it might even have worked.
>>
>>13708789
Oh yeah, I don't deny that it was a silly way to finish their feud.

That's why they changed it for MOE.
>>
>>13706767
Yeah, I liked the show. It wasn't boring, at least.

It really started getting apparent near the end that they were having to rush things. Girard Spriggan came out of nowhere and had too much importance - SEED's Boosted Men didn't get huge flashbacks or anything of the sort.
>>
>>13707070
IBO's okay at this point. Not really good, not really bad.

G-Reco, in all honesty, is probably the worst Gundam show I've ever seen.
>>
While it was an ultimately flawed gundam series, it had some interesting ideas that either worked (Flits development, Conflicts spanning over multiple generations) and the awfully blundered ones (Any attempts to make the Vagans sympathetic, Kios bullshit mentality in the final arc). Honestly I would have enjoyed the show better had they used plot elements like the EXA-DB for the better and had the Asuno family sitting on opposite spectrums of extremes by the end of the show. (Flit: Utterly genocidal and beyond returning from his mindset, Asem: Using his position as a pirate to root out the real causes behind the conflict while keeping the radical elements of both the Federation and Vagan in check. Kio: A bleeding hearted naive youth willing to sell out his own blood and people for the Vagan, out of an even more naive sense of helping an oppressed people.) Hell, I'd take anything over the Seed-esc finale we got, and the ultimately blundered message it was trying to show.
>>
>>13706828
Makes me wish they would release wear packs with just arms, legs and skirts like the razor parts
>>
>>13707630

I agree with you in so far as I love generational stories. I was looking forward to AGE from the day it was announced because of it, despite all the hate on /m/. I even genuinely liked the character designs of the first generation, including Grandpa Santa, Dique and so on. I thought they had a lot of charm and variation and they reminded me a bit of some of the sillier designs from guys like Tezuka.

The actual show was mostly boring with occasional dips in to outright stupidity though and I found myself not off-put when it was airing, just outright forgetting it existed to even download the latest episodes because it was such a non-entity most of the time.
>>
>>13709150

I think the saddest thing about AGE is that they honestly, genuinely seemed to forget to write in a final villain to fight. It feels like they killed off Decil, Zanald and Zeheart and then realized they still had episodes left and no villain to put in a mobile suit battle with Kio so they just had to make one up at the last minute and couldn't even afford to give him a personality or story he was so rushed.

> Mr. Hino, I think we may have a problem
> What's that?
> Well, we're on the second to last episode and we have no villains left
> What, don't be ridiculous. We must have someone
> Nope. We've just killed Zanald and Zeheart and you want to keep Ezelcant aside for some reason
> Huh, guess we did. What about that Deen guy?
> Nope, you wanted him killed too so we could have some melodrama.
> Well fuck. Okay, shit. We'll just have to make someone up.
> Okay. What kind of personality should we give him?
> I dunno, who cares? Just have him be a clone with no past or real personality who was raised to kill. It'll do.
> Okay. So how do we kill him?
> We won't. We'll have Kio save him at the last moment so we end on a feel good moment.
> Wait, what? You want Kio to save a guy the audience knows nothing about after killing off the few remotely sympathetic characters you put in this shitheap?
> Of course, it'll show what a great person he is that he'd save even the most horrible enemy
> Can we at least play up the similarities between him and Kio, like how Kio could have turned out similar thanks to Flit if he hadn't gone to Mars?
> Why we would do that? Just shove in some more battle footage.
> .
> ..
> ...
> You're a fucking moron.

The games presumably flow better, but the anime just seems to be one bit of terrible writing after another.
>>
>>13708810
Found the retard
>>
Kinda wished SID would have played a bigger part in the show, other than just being a guardian for the EXA-DB and a means to power up the Vagan Gear. Instead, SID itself should have been the central villain of the entire series, manipulating Ezelcant and all of Vagan into a war under the pretense of retaking Earth, but with the true objective of destroying the AGE builder to stagnate militaristic development outside of the EXA-DB. Would explain why the Vagans first attack was on the same colony the asuno family was living on, along with showing why Vagans tech continued to grow along with the Federations.

I dunno, just anything would be more interesting than the droll explanation we got for Vagans actions and behaviors.
>>
>>13706767
I liked Natola, though being Natola is suffering.
>>
>>13709409
SID would have been perfect as an evolving weapon that deliberately blasts or hacks military development and advances back to primitive self-defense levels.

Have it even hack the AGE Builder after coming into contact with the AGE units (which are in continuous contact with the builder) and destroying it even as itself is destroyed.

Then reveal that it's just one of many bodies created to control humanity's expansion.
>>
>>13709158
they don't. the Vegan Gear guy is just as "Space Flea" as he is in the show.
>>
>>13709850
Having it act as a sort of anti-cancer against technology would have been interesting. Like its entire purpose is to ensure mankind never reaches the point of technology where another apocalyptic war could occur. Following it's program of serving as a guardian of all of humanity's weapons knowledge, it creates the mars rays to spread paranoia across Mars and releases a part of the EXA-DB to Ezelcant as a way to indirectly control him into finding and destroying the Age system and all of it's products to protect mankind from itself technologically. However by the events of AGE-3 and so on, its released virtually all of the data it was designed to protect in order to try and destroy the Age system, completely betraying its whole reason for existing. By the time Kio would arrive at Mars, SID would enact a full on coup, putting Ezelcants physical clone in the seat of power and using it as a puppet to influence Mars into a war of total genocide, giving Flit all the validation he would need to overthrow the federation and also proclaim total genocide. The only neutral and stable faction left would be Asemus pirate group, the remnants of the Diva and Zehearts crew to try and avert the apocalypse between two diffrent genocidal spectrum.
>>
>>13708682

AGE looked really, really bad from the start. The actual plot is even worse, and it has the absolute nadir of peacenik wank.

I would go on, but I'm on my phone. A lot of shit in the show, like Asemu running off to EXTEND THE WAR SO HIS SIDE DOESN'T WIN is really, really dumb. So is everything about Kio and Ezelcunt.
>>
>>13708804
>the blandest GMs in the world
>selling
They barely did Vagan MS and halfassed the shit out of most of the decent ones. There's to this day no HG Khronos or Fawn Farsia.
>>
>>13709943
I wouldn't mind such a plot at all.

Just as long as Flit is charged with genocide and destruction of an entire planet and left to rot in a straightjacket in some isolated floating facility that turns out to be under SID's/EXA-DB's control (and just another means of locking away the one big threat to its mission).

And as long as they're all still blasted backwards technologically. Let it serve as a different take on the opinion of humanity; that they cannot be trusted to take care of themselves, so machines must do so instead. Or something. Not full Matrix, not full typical "humanity is better than that" Gundam.
>>
>>13710004

They mostly looked a bit like rejected Macross designs. I still cannot get over how Girard Spriggan got two episodes to herself for no real reason.

Jesus, it's worse than I remembered. Thank God for IBO, Build Fighters and Thunderbolt to fuck the pain away.
>>
>>13710008

Why would anyone care? Genocide? The Veigans have been attacking Earth for half a century. Flit is a war hero and Supreme Commander of allied forces. Did they charge MacArthur with genocide for nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

No jury in the world would convict Flit, a military tribunal even less so. He would get a giant statue for ending the conflict permanently. Three generations have grown up only knowing Flit as their heroic leader.
>>
>>13710023
Because this is assuming SID/EXA-DB still manipulates events and outcomes like VEDA did for ALAWS, even if its mechanical body is lost.
>>
>>13710048

So it's not his fault? And he can actually go "The evil machine did it and I CAN PROVE IT?"
>>
File: Adult Yurin.jpg (141KB, 823x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Adult Yurin.jpg
141KB, 823x1280px
>>13710055
One or the other.

With Flit appearing like a raving lunatic at that point, on top of his genocide boner.

I just want to see Flit suffer more. I'd just be happy with SID being the true big bad in its attempt to keep humanity's development controlled. Moreso if there's implication that it just has more bodies and more time to wait out Flit's death before restarting its directive.
>>
>>13710008
Flit becoming an anti saviour would have pushed a stronger message of what happens when you dedicate your entire existence to the total extermination of an entire group. Slowly turning a well intentioned and idealistic person into a monster. By the time he would see Asem and Kio again, he would only be able to see them as enemies for trying to stand in his way of genocide and would attempt to kill them just like anything else that would work against him saving all of humanity as it's savior. In the end he would most likely be shot down by one of his own children, coming to the realization that he was no better than Decil or even the most radical of the Vagans.

As for how Age should have ended, the Federation would be totally devastated, but with the death of it's corrupt and idle leaders, along with the loss of Flit, it would return to its lazy, but functional state. Mars, now no longer suffering from the Mars rays or desires of Ezelcant or Sid, would try to rebuild on Mars, either under the control of Zeheart or with an entirely new government.

Asemu would most likely reconcile with his wife and try to finally live a life free of the war that has carried on for over 100 years. Death count would be close to victories, but with some more validation to back up the kill count.
>>
>>13707190
These look pretty cool but the Genoace looks a lot like a Skell
>>
>>13707030
Wootbit otherwise has no plot significance whatsoever and was basically Level 5's message to viewers that "Arisa fell in love with someone between Gens 2 and 3 and had a kid, and Asemu WAS NOT THE FATHER, YOU FUCKING DOUJIN LUNATICS! He's right here too, see?"

It's the fucking Harry Potter School of Bad Fanbase Management all over again, really.
>>
>>13708789
>It's still a laughably shitty way to kill off the closest thing you have to a main villain
That was the perfect way to end his character plus the fact that Zeheart was never meant to be the main villain at all.
>>
>>13708806
They changed it for MOE because it was the finale of a movie. Red Legilis is an abomination though.
>>
I like Age.

I also haven't actually watched Age yet.
>>
>>13711461
>Red Legilis is an abomination though.

I agree, it's pretty bad looking.
>>
>>13711622
It's a pity because the actual fight was sick. Easily the best that wasn't Asemu and Zeheart going at it in the asteroid belt.
>>
>>13711640
>the actual fight was sick
It was nice but that's it.
>>
>>13711640
I still prefer the curbstomp version, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>13711799
>>13711807

I'll look for anything salvageable from AGE after I put so much time into watching it.
>>
File: 233421323.jpg (315KB, 637x2545px) Image search: [Google]
233421323.jpg
315KB, 637x2545px
>>13706767
>not enjoying AGE
Ever since Gen 1 ended it had the best supporting military in decades.
And even in Gen 1 they had their moments ever since Grodek started expanding his army.
>>
>>13706767
I liked it. Most of /m/ hates it. The old guard decided to hate it when that silly "translation" of a release about the Gundam being controlled from outside by a cellphone app came out.
It had its issues, though. It barely scratched the surface of its setting due to rushing through 50 years of war in 50 episodes. The worst part of this is that we really only saw one family, one brother-and-sister really, to represent Vagans that weren't earth-hating bloodthirsty monsters and the rest of the show constantly showed them attacking colonies unannounced, killing bystanders for no reason, etc, etc. That kind of made Kio's ending fall pretty flat because the show failed to convince most viewers that the Vagans do deserve to live. The one surviving kid from that brother-sister pair even becomes a bloodthirsty killer before he dies, so it really undercuts its own message. There should have been more to Kio's time on 2nd Moon besides meeting one little girl and immediately handing over AGE-3 to Ezelcant for study. If it had been a full three cour so it had 24/25 episodes per era to really flesh out the world it could have been a lot better.
I still liked it, though, Kio and all.
>>
>>13711807
We're on the same boat but they couldn't possibly end the movie with that.
>>
>>13711871
Oh yeah, you're right there.

It'd be pretty silly to have a movie based on Asemu and Zeheart's relationship... and then end it with a one sided battle like the TV version.
>>
>>13711870
>The worst part of this is that we really only saw one family, one brother-and-sister really, to represent Vagans that weren't earth-hating bloodthirsty monsters
Fram and that other young guy weren't bloodthirsty.
Neither was her brother.
Nor that fat guy who was Zeheart right-hand man in the 2nd gen.
Not the desert bros.
Ezelcant's wife and maid didn't do anything.
Big laser commander also was just doing his job.

>and the rest of the show constantly showed them attacking colonies unannounced, killing bystanders for no reason, etc, etc.
Reminder:
Vagans never blew up any colony after 1st gen, when only a small causing shit terror squad was operating, and its only survivors were Desil and its leader's son.
Given 50 years of war, Vagans were among the last WOMD-happy enemy factions in Gundam. Even the stuff they pulled early on is nothing in comparison to One Year War.
Given Vagans were treated like a piss for 100 years before the war, they were among the most understandably angry enemy factions.

>That kind of made Kio's ending fall pretty flat because the show failed to convince most viewers that the Vagans do deserve to live
Every Vagan who was shown committing any war crime was dead by the end of AGE.

Vagans didn't do anything worse than Zeon, Blue Cosmos or Titans did, but they weren't stylish Nazis analogy. Instead, they were Muslims/angry third worlders analogy, so of course /pol/acks here hated them.

And the show acknowledged that they first had to be stopped, then talked down. Kio's way was shown being inefficient in everything, but talking down his grandpa from committing mass murder on civilians.
>>
>>13711936
>Fram and that other young guy weren't bloodthirsty.

While I probably wouldn't characterise Fram Nara as 'bloodthirsty' she certainly killed without hesitation.

Fram was my favourite part of AGE.
>>
>>13711966
Hairsocks was pretty great, and cute to boot.
>>
>>13711977
The writing sometimes becomes unusually subtle and interesting when she's around. When she's fighting Kio on the moon, Zeheart is watching and then silently turns away and leaves her to it, demonstrating that he trusts her to handle his sworn enemy. Better shows than AGE would have almost certainly some kind of verbal declaration there, but this show, of all shows, managed to make a really strong character statement with such a simple image.
>>
File: 1412544553679.jpg (266KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1412544553679.jpg
266KB, 720x960px
>>13711977
>>
>>13712061
Indeed, it was nice to see the development between Zeheart and Fram that played out.
>>
File: bridge bunny1.png (477KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
bridge bunny1.png
477KB, 1000x768px
>>13712458
>that heartbroken look when she realized Zeahart was going to sacrifice her to destroy the Gundam
>>
>>13713534
I don't remember, wasn't she fine we any of his bullshit since she started craving his cock anyway?
>>
>>13716969
By that point, yes.

She was willing to give up her life for The Heart.
>>
>>13717009
Ezelcant's madness is contagious.
>>
>>13717030
More like being a X Rounder makes you nuts.
>>
I liked the Titus. The show could have used more Titus.
>>
>>13717041
Nah, in this case it has nothing to do with them being X Rounders.
>>
File: 25705759.jpg (179KB, 509x800px) Image search: [Google]
25705759.jpg
179KB, 509x800px
>>13717044
I like Titties. The show could have used more Titties.
>>
>>13717109
I suppose so.
>>
>>13717118
I remember what's her name being protoAtra.
>>
>>13706767
>But it's not the fucking rapture.

Yes it is. Yes it so fucking is. It's very existance is sinful and causes pain to orphans.

There is less joy in the world now because of Age's existance.
>>
>>13719272
>It's very existance is sinful and causes pain to orphans
That would be Mari Okada.
>>
>>13719272
But we already have a show about orphans being in pain.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.