[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm curious about the whole Gundam SEED thing. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

File: serious.jpg (73KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
serious.jpg
73KB, 704x528px
So I'm curious about the whole
Gundam SEED thing.
I'm older, so I have no chance of having fond toonami memories of it or anything, so for the older /m/en, how is it? Is it as bad as everyone says or should I actually watch it because people are just memeing
>>
>>13705985

Only Destiny is truly awful. The first series was a big deal then and still affects the anime industry now.
>>
The original run was okay. The Remaster they did for DVD/BD release cut and re-edited literally everything imaginable to make the MC an infallible saint, not even responsible for the deaths of his foes.
>>
>>13705996
This. It's like the Marvel Ultimate universe for the UC. So if you like that approach...
>>
>>13705985
Seed was pretty decent.
>>
>>13705985
both shows are dumb and stupid and made for morons. you're thinking of wing with the toonami nostalgia.

watch a real series like anything uc or 00. don't watch garbage. garbage leads to wasting your time
>>
Not good.

It's not downright awful like its sequel is, but it's still fairly bad.
>>
>>13705985
You should watch it to form your own opinions.

Original SEED, then the Special Edition compilation OVAs (extra scenes), then the SEED Remaster (new scenes and new music).

Then Original Destiny, then Remaster Destiny, then Destiny Final Plus.

Most everyone loved the music.

Most everyone hated the overall way things went because it has so much potential to have been more.

Form your own opinion then come back to us.
>>
>>13706002
No. Not really.
>>
>>13706008
It actually was though.
>>
Pros :
- Some really cool suit designs
- A few interesting fights
- beam spam, beam spam everywhere
- Unapologetic bad guys

Cons :
- MC is the most insufferable Mary Sue cunt to come along in years
- hammy as fuck motivations and decisions, even by Nip standards
- beam spam, beam spam everywhere
- seriously though fuck Kira
>>
>>13705985
Seed isn't bad at all, people on /m/ just don't watch anything and only repeat what others say to look cool.
>>
>>13706014
>- Some really cool suit designs
Which ones? Most of the ones I can remember were passable at best.
>- beam spam, beam spam everywhere
This is a pro?
>>
>>13706008

Seed is decent though and has aged well in comparison to Wing.
>>
>>13706014
You're being dishonest though. Like the rest of the seedfags that are in denial of it being nothing but utter shit.
>>
>>13705985
Seed if fine, but I will say that pic related is my least favorite episode of any show I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>13706024
"Better than Wing" isn't exactly high praise, anon.
>>
>>13706021
The Strike with all of its exchangeable packs is boss as fuck. Aile/Sword/Launcher are really cool without needing to completely revamp the main suit until later. I love the purgable armor of the Duel Assault Shroud. Buster is pretty great.

Even in terms of not-mobile-suits, the Skygrasper and Moebius are really neat.

I also really liked the Blitz, although it doesn't get to do much in show, it's a great MG kit. Aegis as well, with the crazy claw form is awesome.
>>
OP is just a ginormous seedfaggot for posting bait pic.

SEED has always been garbage. Hardly Remastered or not.
>>
>>13706006
This.
>>13706014
Yes. Fuck Kira.
>>
>>13706021
Honestly, all of the main suits are pretty great. I think the only "lame" designs are probably Raider, Providence and Justice. The original Astray is kind of shit too but all the Astray variations and spin-offs make up for it.
>>
>>13706021
He put beam spam in both Pro and Con.

At first it was awesome. And then it never stopped. And then we got Freedom.

But it is mildly realistic compared to how many shots are fired in the army for a single kill.
>>
>>13706043
Aile is one of the ugliest Gundams in the entire show. Sword and Launcher were okay, I guess.

Duel and Buster are decent designs. Buster is in dire need of a better paint job, but that's a fairly common problem in SEED, so I try not to hold that against it.

I'll give you the Skygrasper, it was nice.
>>
because what?
restock footage and recap episodes for the win right?

its worse than w
>>
>>13705985
SEED was okay
Destiny is trash
Wing has been forever tainted by American Toonami dub-fags

Just watch "first Gundam" anon. Still the best.
>>
>>13706066
>Aile
>ugly

Nigger prease
>>
It really depends on your preference, but I personally really enjoyed the show. I had no nostalgia for it, and I watched it after I had seen people here talk so negatively about it
>>13706024
>>
>>13706064
>Not liking the rave cannons
Ishygddt
>>
>>13706077
It's a blocky, awkwardly proportioned flight pack that clashes heavily with the design of the Gundam it's attached to. Worse, it's painted in that awful magenta color that's all too prevalent in SEED.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 243x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 243x262px
Hey guys. At least 00 was the best Gundam show of that decade.
>>
OP here
I've definitely already done the UC stuff, so no need to worry about that. Just trying to figure out if Seed is worth my time.

>>13706045
It was the only seed pic I had laying around sooooooo uh
suck it dry
>>
File: Aile.jpg (304KB, 1300x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Aile.jpg
304KB, 1300x1060px
>>13706091
>Magenta

Are you thinking about the Strike Rogue?

The Aile pack is just red with some black. Not that blocky either.
>>
>>13706093
I definitely enjoyed the first season. It wasn't a heartbreaking work of staggering genius, but I watched it all, and I watched the second season, even though I enjoyed it much less.
The Tieren is definitely one of my favorite not a zaku
>>
File: Rouge.jpg (399KB, 900x711px) Image search: [Google]
Rouge.jpg
399KB, 900x711px
>>13706109
>everyone always misspells Rogue as Rouge
>you manage to do the opposite and the one time that Rouge applies you put Rogue

kek
>>
File: 110425.jpg (47KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
110425.jpg
47KB, 225x350px
Seed is passable, I hate it with a passion. This is because of kira surviving a fight with Athrun, when he should have died, and his survival was never explained in series. You have to find out second hand from the astray manga that this gundam had an escape hatch. Kira himself isn't exactly likable either. He paved the way for a lot of modern self insert characters: Kirito, Onii-sama, etc. The show never produces a satisfying outcome, and the over arching problems of it's world are never resolved. The natural-coordinator split is always presented as a race struggle when it was a class struggle. It's hard not to sympathize with the naturals when the coordinators are always shown superior to them. However, Both sides of the conflict are irredeemable assholes, and you're left with the Pink haired empress saving the day, and you're just supposed to accept that she won, and none of the worlds problems are resolved in either series. Alternatively, a few people on /m/ wish the char won because they wanted to watch the CE burn since it's full of terrible people overall. On the positives for both, some of the mechs are nice the girls are pretty cute Luna was cute.

I don't hate hirai face
>>
>>13706106
>I've definitely already done the UC stuff, so no need to worry about that. Just trying to figure out if Seed is worth my time.

In that case, picture 0079 reimagined as a generic anime that embraces some of the cliches 0079 tried to stay away from. On top of that, it can be rather shallow in terms of characters and story.

That's SEED.
>>
>>13706127
>>13706126
Thanks, that's what I needed to hear
>>
>>13705996
How does SEED affect the industry now?
>>
>>13706252
Nips still want to be spoonfed shameless self-insert power fantasies ala Kira and continue damning anime as a whole. Also Strike Freedom kits still sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>13706127
Gundam stealing ideas from itself is incredibly common. If this bothers you the only thing to watch is 0079.
>>
I think the CE designs are my favorite in the franchise and many are criminally underused. I wish many of the other designs got better kits, but I am fine with the kits that have been released. I pop a boner over the Strike and Impulse, and would love a 1/100 Dagger
>>
>>13706270
>not G Gundam
>>
>>13706252

Big budget on music, cultural infusions with many other shows, model kits still selling ,etc.

Are you that dense to not recognize something like that? Even the awful Star Wars prequels still affect the movie industry.
>>
One thing I don't understand about CE is how the fuck is there even a war? Like, coordinators are made to be superior to normal humans in every facet possible. They're literally a race of superhumans. How the fk don't they just wipe the floor with the shitty normal humans.
>>
>>13706332

They explain that in the opening background information. ZAFT has much smaller army and is much more technologically advanced and efficient but the Earth Forces still have a much greater population and army capacity. Swarm tactics still holds true.
>>
>>13706332
Because they were created and it was still only one or two generations in. Most of them had non-coordinator parents/friends/etc and non-genocidical inclinations.

They were like Newtypes in that they were "evolutions" of existing humanity. They weren't golden ubermensches delivered directly into their own likeminded society of supermen.

And obviously later they realized that they were also gonna run out of coordinators.
>>
>>13705985
It has a lot of potential that gets bogged down in anime bullshittery and bad writing. In fact, one of the ways you can tell this is to watch the Toonami promos. Why? Because they highlight some of the compelling themes and elements that the series itself uses mainly as cheap plot coupons instead of in the service of a sound narrative (in other words, they're invoked for convenience rather than actual circumstances with actual ramifications for how the story plays out). In particular are the concept of a race war based on genetic disparity; of a main character who has every reason on paper to fight for one side, but whose loyalties lie on the other for more visceral and practical reasons; and of a world where the realities of the era (space travel and human habitation, advanced warfare) are not just window dressing on a modern narrative, but determinants of the way people view the world and act within it.

I really want a screenwriter who understands what Gundam, at its best, "means" to adapt SEED, specifically, for a live action franchise. It's probably the strongest in concept and just needs a good hand to execute. But the show itself will leave you feeling dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkeCoAYYAPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToV3SqqD240
>>
>>13706345

The background concept and setting is awesome, if someone like JJ Abrams got a hold of it.. it would make so much money.
>>
>>13706345
I'd actually like to see SEED get remade just to see what could be done. With Fukuda and Morosawa out of the picture of course
>>
How about you watch it and see for yourself
>>
>>13706014
>MC is the most insufferable Mary Sue cunt to come along in years
Was Kira really a Mary Sue in the original series? He fucked up plenty of times.
>>
>>13706387

He became a Gary Stu in Destiny. If only they followed the original script with him dying at the end of SEED.
>>
>>13706387
>so skilled he can shoot down his enemies without killing him
>even the one guy he did kill was retconned into being so retarded he ran into a held out, extended sword, cockpit first and killed himself instead
>>
>>13706387
He wasn't. Destiny Kira was. Alot of people seem to transplant there impressions of Destiny to SEED. SEED Kira was just a typical angsty Gundam protagonist for all the good and bad that entails.

I actually found SEED a lot more enjoyable when I pretend Destiny doesn't exist. CE really had potential to get better until Fukuda wizzed it all with Destiny by sheer incompetence.
>>
>>13706003
>or 00

Haha hello bias.
>>
>>13706413
>so skilled he can shoot down his enemies without killing him

Are you forgetting that he killed plenty of people when he had the Strike?

And that his ability to nonlethally take down had NOTHING to do with his own skill. It had EVERYTHING to do with the Freedom having a targetting computer so advanced it let it do that.
>>
>>13706438
>plenty of people
Most of his are arguable "disables". And that nigga rewrote the OS for Strike on the fly. It has everything to do with Kira.
>>
>>13706438
Kira's best battles were actually with the Strike especially against the BaCue's. He was at a terrain disadvantage and actually had to struggle and improvise.

Then Freedom came and the animators got lazy and stock footaged up his fight with grunts. His battles with other Gundam though were at laest passable.

It's only Destiny were he became invincible and boring.
>>
>>13706064
>But it is mildly realistic compared to how many shots are fired in the army for a single kill.
I miss when beam spam was people bitching about Freedom firing 5 cannons at once all the time and not "FUCK THEY'RE FIRING THEIR GUNS AGAIN DISGUSTING" and applying it to anything where there's a cyclic fire rate higher than like 15rpm involving a beam weapon.

I thought it was great how they went from the Gundam having like no ammo for anything in 0079 and one shotting shit left and right to an actually realistic volume of fire in Zeta. For the most part SEED is only somewhere in the middle of those two even, as the Strike and the others have somewhat limited ammo and you never see them rattling off shots faster than the sound effect, they just keep shooting like you'd expect in combat.

>>13706465
Kamille and Judau didn't go for blatant kill shots either.
>>
>>13706465
>Most of his are arguable "disables".

He killed everyone in a BuCue that fought him, except Andrew who just happened to survive.
>>
>>13706413
Didn't he kill Rau?
>>
>>13706474
Kamille did. Nigga was psychotic.

>>13706534
Yeah. Well, technically the GENESIS blows up Providence, but Kira went for a clear kill attack for once with his sword.
>>
>>13706545
Kamille does it while screaming how he didn't want to kill you and you forced him though.
>>
>>13706014
>- Some really cool suit designs
Everyone says this but every Gundam looks like a variation of the same design, like >>13704600
>>
>>13706550
Just like Bellri's warning shot
>>
>>13706534

The whole point of Rau is that even Kira can't let him live.
>>
>>13706558
>unstoppable force of Gary Stu Kira
>immovable object of evil that is Rau
One of these two descriptions is wrong
>>
>>13706574
Immovable object of evil Rau.

He was very movable.
>>
>>13706558
>The whole point of Rau is that even Kira can't let him live.
So, life is sacred unless Kira decides someone's isn't?
>>
>>13706601
That's more or less how SEED/Destiny world works.
>>
>>13706550
>I don't understand!
>Why didn't you just run away?!
My favorite is when Kamille is screaming at people to not fight him as he's jamming his bayonette down their throats.
>>
>>13706601

Stop reading what you want to read. I'm saying the idea that Rau is so bad, even Kira "all life is sacred" has no choice but to kill him.
>>
>>13706616
It's usually Jerid's fault, which is the best.

>Jerid flies by Kamille, takes a few wide pot shots that miss
>Kamille's full blown autism is triggered, he starts screaming about how adults are to blame and that they need to stop all the killing as he murders his way across the battlefield with full thrusters
>>
>>13706622
There's always the choice not to kill him. Let him face punishment through other means instead of Kira acting as judge, jury and executioner.
>>
>>13706290
I'd kill for MG GINN but no adequate GuAIZ or Windam is a crime (you should see what the MSiAs go for)
>>
>>13706625
Man, did they have Halo 2 ranged commus? I could never tell if characters were talking over the radio or bullshit newtype magic, and I'm pretty sure Tomino couldn't either.
>>
>>13706647

He literally wants to kill all of humanity. You can't let someone like that live. If Kira didn't kill him someone else would.
>>
>>13706676
Nope. They can't talk unless making contact, which is why half of the time Kamille is hilarious. He's giving warnings and ultimatums to people who can't hear them, and then he kills them for not listening to him.
>>
>>13706682
That's something ubiquitous in mecha, and anime as a whole, though.
>>
>>13706680
Then let someone else kill him. They're not going to be hypocritical about it. In fact, just bring him to a war crimes tribunal and let the system work.
>>
>>13706680
Then let someone else kill him. They're not going to be hypocritical about it. Kira's words are hollow because of how he can easily violate his ideals like it's no big deal.
>>
>>13706721
It's not like he could just arrest him, Kira barely survived as it is. But he couldn't let him go.
>>
>>13706721

And what if he gets off because of his position in the military? Everyone that opposed him in ZAFT was basically already dead.

No, you need to kill him now. Sometimes vigilante justice is necesary when the system can't be trusted to do its job
>>
>>13705985
It's the worst Gundam series. For the first half it's just a bad 0079, but still watchable. After a certain point it just becomes awful and every episode is about Kira winning every fight effortlessly without killing anyone because killing is wrong. There's no sense of suspense or tension because Kira is just better than everyone else, and no one is particularly interesting enough to care about except for the pilot of the Buster Gundam, who's a total fucking bro.

Others will say Destiny was the worst, but really it's only the second worst. It was pretty decent for a while until around episode 30-ish (it's been a while since I've watched it) when Kira comes back and takes over being the MC. At that point our MC up until then (Shinn) just completely devolves as a character and drops any amount of development he had to be a new bad guy for Kira.

Both are terrible, but Destiny was at least solid for more than half of it's run.
>>
>>13706680
All of humanity was going to kill itself anyways. If Rau could speed it up and end the suffering faster, more power to him
>>
>>13706666
Yeah, I've considered getting both of them. I'm not exactly sure if I want to pay that price though. Even the RD Dagger is up quite a bit even though it was dirt cheap
>>
>>13706810
>Both are terrible, but Destiny was at least solid for more than half of it's run.

Destiny was shit from the start. The entire first arc involving the Gundamjack plot was pointless and was quickly forgotten when the War actually started. Then we had to involve the rest of the episodes with crap characters. Athrun and Cagall suffered character assassination. Not!Mwu and the Extended were boring. And Shinn was insufferable because the moronic staff wanted to him to keep raging and whining as opposed to actually developing his character. Then instead of fixing that, they backpedaled and reintroduced Kira but that was trying to restart a dying patient's heart with a bullet.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.