[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ultraman does not have as much subtitled entries >every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

File: denobrigade.png (380KB, 719x404px) Image search: [Google]
denobrigade.png
380KB, 719x404px
>Ultraman does not have as much subtitled entries
>every monster in the franchise has detailed statistics up the ass
>Kamen Rider has the vast majority of its franchise subtitled
>most fan sites don't even list what they do

Why? I've seen more rider fans than ultra fans.
>>
>>13705183
That happens when you have actually interesting monsters in your franchise
And an autistic fanbase
>>
Nobody gives a shit about Ultraman beyond an old shrinking autistic fanbase. It's just that Tsuburaya care a lot about their kaijus while Toei see them as disposable punching bags
>>
>>13705230
>>13705232
Doesn't KR have a bigger "autistic" fanbase though?
>>
Ultraman has become more of a niche, unless you live in Malaysia.

Malaysians fucking love Ultraman apparently.
>>
>>13705230
>>13705232
>>13705303
Isn't Toku in general one of the most niche genres the average western person can be a fan of? Seems kinda stupid calling the other barely different show autistic.
>>
>>13705303
True but Tsuburaya actually buries the old suit monsters while Toei rip them apart for making new suits
>>
Because every fandom has to start somewhere. I swear every few months some buttblasted Ultra fan comes around and cries that his shit isn't popular. I guarantee that if Ultraman was popular online as Rider or Sentai you'd be the first one bitching about how every one is a newfag and how awful the fandom is.
>>
>>13705403
>tsuburaya actually buries the old suit monster
That hasn't been done since the 70's you retard. It was done a total of one time!
>>
File: mfw.png (259KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
259KB, 450x450px
>>13705311
China seems to love Ultraman as well.

>China buys Tsuburaya
>Ultraman Wuxia
>mfw
>>
>>13705639
As a Chink fan, I dunno about that
Have you seen Armored Heroes? They are really B- C+ tier shows
>>
>>13705183
>Why? I've seen more rider fans than ultra fans.

Because, up until recently, Kamen Rider shows have been much, much better than Ultra shows.

Lately, though, that's been reversing.
>>
Why not have a few fans for each show do what Ultraman fans do? Watch the episodes and make basic biographies for the kaijin? A good chunk of /m/ already watches the Heisei stuff on a regular basis.
>>
>>13705895
>Watch the episodes and make basic biographies for the kaijin?
The only interesting thing about most Rider kaijin are what suits the prop department reused to save cash on each one
>>
>>13705183
A big chunk of Rider monsters fall into "like every other monster this season, except based on a different animal", so I'm not surprised most Rider fans won't even bother.
>>
>>13705700
You do know the last full series Ultraman got was in 2007, right?

What the hell are you even comparing?
>>
>>13705921
>2007
2006 even
>>
>>13705921

Ultraseven X
Ultraman Ginga & Ginga S
Ultra Galaxy & Ultra Galaxy NEO
Ultraman Zero's movies and videos and such
Ultraman X

All better than most of the pos-Decade Kamen Riders (except for Gaim, which was awesome)
>>
>>13705394
>Isn't Toku in general one of the most niche genres the average western person can be a fan of?
Above anime? Hell no. I'd argue that retro chinese cinema is more of that than toku. Outside of Power Rangers and Kamen Rider Gaim, most people don't give a shit about toku; whereas your average normalfag knows at least ten anime right off the bat.
>>
>>13706375
Seven X sucked
Ginga is literally the worse Ultraman series ever
>>
>>13706538
>the worse Ultraman series ever
>worse
>>
>>13705895
Honestly, why can't we try this? It isn't like most kaijin are walking Burt Gummers like in 70s super robot anime. Just put it all to one sentence like "x's powers include insert powers separated by commas here". Hell, whatshisname at Henshin Justice does just that with super sentai monsters in his reviews.
>>
>>13706375
You forgot Neo Ultra Q, one of the best Toku shows ever
>>
here are links to bits on info on kaijin from the original series, couldn't find anything similar though. Middle column has abilities listings.

http://edelweiss.inside-ricefield.com/kamen-rider/kaijinlist1.html
http://edelweiss.inside-ricefield.com/kamen-rider/kaijinlist2.html
>>
>>13705680
It would still beat Thailand's Chaiyo with their Hanuman boner. Those clowns are the reason most pre-Leo entries aren't subbed formally yet.
>>
>>13706375
7X was mediocre and Ginga was outright terrible. Kamen Rider also has its decent films and gaidens.
>wowitsnothing.png
>>
>>13705183
That's because Kaijus are way more important in Ultraman than in KR and also because Ultraman reuses them a lot so they have less monsters.

In KR the only memorable monsters are the generals and few other exceptions.
>>
>>13705561
Well, its the usual. Ultrafags bitch about other people liking Sentai and Rider. Sentaifags bitch about other people liking Power Rangers and tokufags in general bitch about people liking anime.
>>
>>13706375
Ultraman X was great, but not better than any post-decade save Wizard and maybe Ghost.

Ginga was shit and Ginga S was just enjoyable because it wasnt Ginga.

Zero movies are hit or miss.

Havent seen the rest.
>>
File: ult-x-lightings.jpg (159KB, 848x954px) Image search: [Google]
ult-x-lightings.jpg
159KB, 848x954px
>>13710052
X was amazing with how it managed to avoid the "DAYLIGHT ALL THE TIME" look, at least for a while.
>>
>>13710052
>Ginga was shit and Ginga S was just enjoyable because it wasn't shit**
Not sure what was the point of saying that.
>>13710082
I feel people seriously overlook at how great the sound direction was, personally.
>>
>>13708972
>decent films
You're are joking, right? Most Rider movies feel cheap as fuck, you can't compare them to the Mebius film, Superior 8, The Next, Ultra Galaxy, Zero...
>>
>>13710304
Well most post-Decade rider movies are cheap as fuck.
>>
File: 1405714528624.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1405714528624.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>13705394
>Seems kinda stupid calling the other barely different show autistic.

This guy gets it
>>
File: 1439326008266.jpg (51KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1439326008266.jpg
51KB, 480x640px
>>13710037
>That's because Kaijus are way more important in Ultraman than in KR and also because Ultraman reuses them a lot so they have less monsters.

Basically this. Tsubaraya puts out magazines and books with all the kaiju info, so fans repost it. There is no such resource for KR/SS series.
>>
File: 1437509821537.jpg (88KB, 481x557px) Image search: [Google]
1437509821537.jpg
88KB, 481x557px
>>13713467
It really says something about a franchise when unusable props are given a funeral. Lots of respect right there.
>>
>>13713046
Dyna is so cute
>Ultra-act is the most expensive standard-release Ultraman
>Dyna has NO SUBS
Just kill me senpai, I don't deserve him apparently.
>>
>>13713826
To be fair, Megabeast put him on hold due to being worried that Chaiyo would take action:
>In not-so-good Ultra-related stuff: Dyna is officially on hiatus. Rest of the team on both sides doesn’t think it’d be a good idea to continue actively working on the show, what with the four series that got licensed out of the blue back in November, and with the ongoing/renewed legal battles between Chaiyo (wankers extraordinaire) and Tsuburaya. C’est la vie!
At this point, pray that Crunchy and Tsuburaya do something about it.
>>
File: 1406507218286.jpg (31KB, 559x559px) Image search: [Google]
1406507218286.jpg
31KB, 559x559px
>>13713867
>worried that Chaiyo would take action
No, they thought Dyna would get licensed to CR. It could still happen!
>>
>>13713867
Yeah, Chaiyo doesn't really seem like an actual issue.

CR though, yeah. I'd piss myself if they announced Dyna (and/or Gaia, but mainly Dyna because I know jackshit about Gaia)
>>
>>13713890
>>13713910
At least it would spare a lot of effort. On the other hand, I don't think anyone is focusing on anime like The Ultraman (aka Joenius) and Ultra Nyan, including CR.
>Gaia
Chiaki Konaka being responsible for that show is reason enough to be excited.
>>
File: ult-tiga-51-power-gatanozoa.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ult-tiga-51-power-gatanozoa.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>13713988
Konaka also wrote some episodes of Tiga.
>>
>>13706401

So you're saying anime is more niche than toku? And kung fu movies are more niche than that? I don't think you know what niche means
>>
>Kamen Rider kaijin get zilch
>way more expendable Space Sheriff monsters get ability listings
>and Kikaider kaijin
>and Inazuman kaijin

Is KR in an in-between state of too obscure and not obscure enough?
>>
>>13714026
Do individual Kikaider monsters tend to mostly stick to a small set of themes within a series?
>>
>>13714026
Show proof or gtfo
>>
>>13714044
The first series is mostly animals and a color, the second series is very random.
>>13714048
http://metalheroes.wikia.com/wiki/BEM_Monsters
http://metalheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Doublers
http://metalheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Makai_Beasts
http://metalheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Fushigi_Beasts
http://inazuman.wikia.com/wiki/Mutant_Robots
http://inazuman.wikia.com/wiki/Robot_Fighters
http://kikaider.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Destructoids
http://kikaider.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Deathbots

Click any kaijin article, if the abilities are not listed on the listing page they are definitely in the individual articles. I was literally so bored I checked all of them for curiosity sake/autism.
>>
>>13714066
Those read more like character descriptions someone wrote after watching the shows. The monsters' abilities are merely described, not given a name, stats or any extra tidbits a character sheet would have.

Now this is a character sheet with labeled abilities
http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Pigmon
>>
>>13714086
>The monsters' abilities are merely described
Still more than KR kaijin ever get.
>>
>>13714122
Unless you're japanese
http://www31.atwiki.jp/sentai-kaijin/pages/4473.html

Honestly, your best bet is to wait for someone with enough free time to translate the kaijin wiki into english
>>
>>13714154
>Heisei only
>>
>>13714066
I just realized all these articles/power listings were edited by the same guy who was a major contributor to the Ultraman wikia. Do Ultraman fans pity other toku fans an edit what they won't?
>>
>>13714310
Or he could be a fan of toku in general or those franchises, it is possible to be a fan of more than one franchise you know.
>>
>>13714310
Great, lets ask a few of those fans to help the Kamen Rider fans out. Or that guy, whoever is willing.
>>
>>13714338
They might want something in return
>>
>>13714356
Have some rider fans watch the Ultra series on Crunchyroll, it'll encourage more subs for their franchise (which is short handed compared to what KR fans have). They don't even have to watch them directly, just have the video play in a window while doing something else. Boom, both sides get some shit.
>>
File: man monsters.jpg (289KB, 884x1373px) Image search: [Google]
man monsters.jpg
289KB, 884x1373px
Let's check this out.
Out of all the original Kaiju from Ultraman only these haven't returned:
Greenmons, Dodongo, Mummy Man, Gamakujira, Gavadon, Hydra, Gigass, Goldon, Skydon, Saigo.
That's 10 out of the original 61 Kaiju and Aliens
>>
>>13714338
I added a bunch of Non-Ultraman-But-Tsuburaya series kaiju to the Ultraman Wiki
>>
>>13705311
Malaysian here. Yes. Ultraman was huge in my country and probably still is. It was one of the Japanese tv series dubbed into Malay and shown every afternoon after school (the others are Doraemon, Kamen Rider, Gavan and Dragon Ball). Ultraman was a rite of passage of people my age (no in the late 30's). I grew up on Ultraman 80 and Tiga. My younger brother on Ultraman Seven. There was even a weird Australian Ultraman series as well. Thing is, it became uncool the moment you leave primary school. Though nowadays, there are people my age being collectors of the series.
>>
>>13705183
Kamen Rider monsters don't even HAVE official stats. Their official profiles generally are basically just episode summaries describing what they did and how they were killed. Toei also doesn't even seem to track their later appearances. Back in the Showa era, they even reused some costumes for different (minor) monsters. Like how the Crab Beastman got a belt strapped to it and suddenly was supposed to be the Crab Kikkaijin.

Basically, you don't see the Rider fanbase interested in them much because the franchise itself doesn't care about them.

Heck, in the original Showa series, you hardly saw returning monsters from previous shows. They're much more common in the modern crossovers, but then they often have very generic roles, which usually could be fulfilled by any suits.
>>
>>13715939
>Basically, you don't see the Rider fanbase interested in them much because the franchise itself doesn't care about them.
So how come smaller fanbases manage to create more lengthy stats for their monsters of the week than rider fans?
>>
>>13706375
Gaim is pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>13716193
As we already told you, kaijus are way more important in Ultraman than in Kamen Rider, so fans of Ultraman will understandably pay more attention to them than KR fans.
>>
>>13716672
I think he meant "smaller" as in >>13714066 where they mean even less.
>>
>>13716805
Those don't have stats at all. They're akin to the Toei monster summaries >>13715939 was describing.
>>
>in the bast 24 hours the Kamen Rider wiki suddenly has heights and weights added to lots of kaijin from Black, Amazon, and Fourze.
>>13716826
>Those don't have stats at all.
Technically ability listings do qualify as stats to some degree.
>>
File: UltraQ Monsters.jpg (95KB, 652x690px) Image search: [Google]
UltraQ Monsters.jpg
95KB, 652x690px
Ultra Man just has cooler monsters
>>
>>
>>
File: Choujus and Aliens.jpg (362KB, 950x1849px) Image search: [Google]
Choujus and Aliens.jpg
362KB, 950x1849px
>>
File: Taro Monsters.jpg (340KB, 908x1848px) Image search: [Google]
Taro Monsters.jpg
340KB, 908x1848px
>>
>>
>>13716877
Add V3, X, and Stronger to that list, apparently official height and weight listings do exist for a lot of kaijin after all.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.