[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam Sales:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Steam_Sale_Changes[1][1].jpg (521KB, 1980x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_Sale_Changes[1][1].jpg
521KB, 1980x1080px
Any /m/ games worth getting in the current sale?

I'm really curious about Gigantic Army since it looks like a new version of Assault Suits Valken.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/85196/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j93mNOSPCg
>>
Hard Reset
>FPS similar to Serious Sam or Painkiller.
>Cyborg MC
>Cyberpunk setting
>Transforming guns
>Hordes of robot enemies attack you

shits like 1,30$, I can buy a coffee with that
>>
Provisional list of /m/ steam games worth getting if you haven't already:

Under 5 tier:

>Deus Ex
>Deus Ex: Human revolutions
>System shock 2

Under 10 tier:
>Ikaruga
>MG Rising
>System shock

Over 40 tier:

>MGS V
>Transformers: Devestation
>>
I have Gigantic Army, and it's fun for a few hours, but no Valken.
IIRC, you have to choose two weapons (1 normal and 1 special) and have to play through the whole game with just them. Even so, the Grenade Launcher is so overpowered that you don't really want the other main weapons.

One thing it does better than Valken is skating (VOTOMS-like) and firing many missiles at once. Aside from that, it's pretty generic.
>>
>>13704734
>I have Gigantic Army, and it's fun for a few hours, but no Valken.

Total shame that even today, no indie game can match the original console games they emulate right?
>>
>>13704750
I don't know... something tells me that Gigantic Army was a side project or something, because the game just abruptly ends, all of its "modes" are just the story mode with mission selection, and the "balance system" (you can't choose the 2 strongest weapons) is kinda useless, since the grenade launcher can just cut through anything.
That and you only have 1 life. Die, and it's off to Stage 1. Like I said, what I liked was skating. You can actually skate backwards in this game, and it's awesome to do so while firing a volley of missiles or just running from an enemy.

A more polished game is Gunhound EX, although it's quite short (I think it only has 5 or 6 stages), and has too many cutscenes for my taste.
>>
>>13704683
Axiom Verge
>>
>>13704778
>Axiom Verge

I'm VERY wary of Indie games, since I've been burned hard a few times by those. They'll have nice graphics, or have simple grahpics. But I'll play them and think about how they don't compare to the original side scrollers I played 20 years ago.
>>
>>13704774
>>13704734

worth the 3.25?
>>
File: BCs2.jpg (647KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
BCs2.jpg
647KB, 1680x1050px
>>13704683
Homeworld.
Gundam mod
Star trek mod
Star wars mod
Battlestar galactica mod
etc etc etc....
>>
Both are in early access but

Sky Rogue is sort of like ace combat but with a very different art style. Lots of good mods like one to pilot a ball

Project Nimbus is an aerial mech game that already has a load of cool suits to try
>>
>>13704795
Yeah. 3 dollars, 3 hours. After you finish it once, there's no incentive to replay it, and skating forward while firing a volley of missiles will get old pretty fast.
>>
>>13704835
>$1 an 1 hour
kill yourself
>>
>>13704683
Gigantic Army was pretty fun, but yeah, like >>13704734
said it's nothing special.

I got Empyrion: Galactic Survival a little while ago. You can't build mechs, but you can make your own spaceships and zoom around, it's reasonably entertaining if you like building things.
>>
>>13704734
>>13704774

What about their other games?

>Satavius
>Steel Strider
>Armed Seven
>Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser
>>
>>13704731
List needs Astebreed and Alien Isolation.

The latter will last you hours of fun. I guarantee it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
I imagine KSP would be enjoyable to any /m/an, assuming they don't have it already.
>>
>>13704869
I've never played Armed Seven, but all the other ones are shmups. Vulkaiser can get pretty bad because of grazing (you can only get hit in the midsection of the robot), but since the robot is positioned horizontally, it's quite hard to see where the midsection is when you're being peltered by a million bullets. Usually in danmakus, the hitbox glows when the enemy fires at you, but this doesn't always happen in Vulkaiser, so it's even harder to correctly dodge stuff. Maybe a bug? And you actually have to aim your shots (no passive shower of bullets, like in every other danmaku).

You also only have 1 life. Die, and it's off to the beginning.
>>
>>13704695
Sounds interesting. 1.30$ sounds right up my alley, cheap enough to not drain my back account.
>>13704683
Op get slave zero. It's like cyberpunk with cyborgs mecha boosting around and punching helicopters. Love it.
>>
Crimzon Clover and SATAZIUS is pretty good. Also heard good things about Dariusburst,
>>
>>13705462
>Op get slave zero.

Oh wow. Nostalgia rush. I read gaming mags back in the day, and I thought that game looked really neat. Then when it came out all the people slammed it as shit. I'll get it for 1.50 since it's at least worth that.
>>
>>13705505
>Dariusburst
Soundtrack of the year

Okay well Xrd came out this year, that's tough.

Top three soundtracks of the year.
>>
>>13704683
http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500/
shilling for this game i've been following for awhile. its early access but it looks fun as fuck.
>>
Iron Brigade
>>
Gigantic Army is pretty fun. Worth a sale.

It isn't as good as Metal Warriors or Assault Suits Valken though. But it's a nice expansion on them.
>>
There's a Humble Bundle out right now with a new Front Mission game included. It's like five or six bucks.

(But the real star is Life is Strange, which is amazing, but unfortunately has no robots in it. You also get all the Just Cause games.)
>>
The Alltynex Trilogy is reliable enough, although Reflex obviously aged better than the rest.

>>13705696
>Then when it came out all the people slammed it as shit.
I think that was because of the Dreamcast port.
>>
>>13709106
>with a new Front Mission game included.

Front Mission Evolved. I don't think anyone like dthis one.
>>
>>13709126
I... kinda do.
It's a decent-ish if forgettable AC clone for PC.
>>
>>13709149
>i kinda do
i think it works as a third person mech shooter, for the most part. just not an armored core game.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.