[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>consistent pacing >constantly manages to one up itself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 15

File: Hating G-Reco.jpg (293KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Hating G-Reco.jpg
293KB, 1000x563px
>consistent pacing
>constantly manages to one up itself
>complex but easily followable plot
>literally no unlikeable characters

Why do people try and attack G-Reco?
>>
It's mostly homosexuals and Tomino haters, op.
>>
File: GN005_Virtue.jpg (185KB, 526x700px) Image search: [Google]
GN005_Virtue.jpg
185KB, 526x700px
Do we really need two threads for this?

This is now a bulk thread. Post bulky mecha.
>>
>>12124844
It's weird, people are just determined to shitpost about Tomino because he's a big name, yet, I doubt anyone outside of /m/ actually knows who he is. It's just so pointless.
>>
File: GATX131_Calamity.jpg (284KB, 531x753px) Image search: [Google]
GATX131_Calamity.jpg
284KB, 531x753px
>>
File: Nrx-007.jpg (134KB, 369x475px) Image search: [Google]
Nrx-007.jpg
134KB, 369x475px
>>12124848
Skinny >>> bulky.
>>
File: 1422545803896.png (33KB, 528x690px) Image search: [Google]
1422545803896.png
33KB, 528x690px
>>
File: 15769168.jpg (2MB, 1417x1753px) Image search: [Google]
15769168.jpg
2MB, 1417x1753px
>>12124848
Hell yeah fat mechs.
>>
File: FD03_GustavKarl.jpg (48KB, 231x303px) Image search: [Google]
FD03_GustavKarl.jpg
48KB, 231x303px
>>
File: RGC83_GMCannonII.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
RGC83_GMCannonII.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
Bulky, fat, whatever: post them.
>>
I think for a lot of people, G-Reco is just their first Tomino show. You never see so much shitposting about Zeta. Probably because the people who actually watch it know what they're getting into.
>>
File: song of atlas.jpg (227KB, 1014x1100px) Image search: [Google]
song of atlas.jpg
227KB, 1014x1100px
OOMPAH!
>>
File: ShinGetter3.gif (37KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
ShinGetter3.gif
37KB, 400x250px
Fat is love
>>
>>12124981
People binge watch Zeta and usually reserve their criticism for when it's finished or stop at a point where they want to drop it and ask /m/ if it's worth carrying on. The former usually leads to people forgetting the shows faults like the first Earth arc(In reference to people complaining about battles over nothing)or overlooking certain things like Kamille's development, Katz motivation and Rosamia being utterly insufferable.

Reconguista is the first Tomino Gundam show we can watch week by week, which is going to lead to arm chair anime critics arguing over opinions inbetween each episode. Which is just going to be a shouting match of who can scream "NUH UH, YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE AND ARE PRETENTIOUS, RETARD" the loudest.

Fucking oddly enough the General here and threads on /a/ usually have the most tame criticisms and discussion.
>>
Jesus christ, give it a rest already. Why do you care so much if people like the shows you watch or not? Do you need your opinion validated that badly?
>>
>>12125214
>threads on /a/
Those are filled will shitposters more so than the ones here.
>>
>>12125235
Maybe its a timezone difference, I usually only browse /a/ late at night but the threads were surprisingly civil outside of the sales threads or dedicated fanbase war threads(what's the fucking point of these is it like anime console wars?).
>>
File: MSN04II_Nightingale.jpg (34KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
MSN04II_Nightingale.jpg
34KB, 500x328px
>>
>>12125206
Never really got why Shin Getter 3 is so off-color compared to 1 and 2's standard red/white/yellow.
>>
File: AKIRA!!!!!!!!!.jpg (665KB, 850x1511px) Image search: [Google]
AKIRA!!!!!!!!!.jpg
665KB, 850x1511px
>>12124881
>>
>>12125225
Completely separate from this argument, or any argument for that matter, but that is, in fact, the entire point of arguments in general. That is, as social creatures, humans (and higher-order primates definitely, and some other animals arguably) argue not for the content of what they're arguing, but because doing so establishes a social hierarchy. (Source: pick up any peer-reviewed sociology or endocrinology journal. It's a pretty central theme)

This is precisely why people refuse to back down from heartfelt positions, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. They'll deny the evidence, call into question its legitimacy, divert the question, dip into ad hominem, etc. etc., anything to justify that their position is correct, because the alternative is unthinkable: being "wrong" and tumbling down the social hierarchy meant, sometimes quite literally, that you were bred out of existence.

So the ability to argue well is a trait that is highly selective for social organisms like ourselves and thus it persists despite silly things like logic or science or whatever.
>>
>>12125264

That's nice, but the reality is because people feel butthurt about shitposting.
>>
>>12125290
(If you don't see the irony of defending your post about a post made about the rationale of defending a position, I don't know what to tell you).

Also, buzzwords, anon.
>>
>>12125214
>faults like the first Earth arc
Earth is literally the most interesting part of Zeta.
Karaba >> AEUG
>>
>>12125297

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying. Because unlike that post, I honestly don't care if I'm proven wrong. I'm not a woman.
>>
>>12125311
Karaba is largely irrelevant and wouldn't be nearly as cool without Hayato and Amuro IMO. Also the fights on Earth(outside of Psycho Gundam stuff) mostly spurred out of and amounted to nothing.
>>
>>12125315
>I'm not a woman.
Go to bed, Wufei.
>>
>>12124881
Why is Buriki Daioh called "Blik the Great" in that image?
>>
>>12125336

Well if you wanted to, I suppose you can translate it as The Great (even though it's Great King).

Blik though...it should at least by Bliki if that's the case.
>>
>>12125214
As someone that's been rewatching Zeta, I'd say that Zeta is far, far more interestingly written and better paced than G-Reco has been.

Yes, I realize they're different shows with different tones. I do get (and agree with) your point about criticizing a currently airing series, but I don't think the "B-b-but Zeta has the same shit!" argument really applies here.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (122KB, 804x787px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
122KB, 804x787px
>>12125750
>I'd say that Zeta is far, far more interestingly written and better paced than G-Reco has been.
>>
>>12125750

I watched it all the way through, and I....SORTA liked Zeta.

It had interesting plot and all, but the characters all acted so cosmically stupid.
>>
>>12125264
For serious. Did you see the current /gbft/ thread? Were some anons going at it, one purports he went to a party and came back, and responders as having no lives for replying so quick on a message board. Despite, you know, feeling the need to continue an argument on same message board right after getting back from a party.
>>
>>12125774
Good job showing me how wrong I am with a cereal mascot.
>>12125775
They did. But they generally acted in ways that were understandable if not rational.

I'm not denying that Zeta has flaws. I'm denying that all of Zeta's problems are comparable to G-Reco's.
>>
>>12125784
>But they generally acted in ways that were understandable if not rational.
Top fucking kek
>>
>>12125784
>Reccoa's entire character arc
>Sarah
You're full of shit
>>
>>12125821
yeah dude there's no such thing as slutty women that love the cock.
>>
>>12125775
Kamille is one of the best Gundam protagonists because he's so hot-blooded.
>>
>>12125844
Same with Bellri. Love that guy.
>>
>unlikeable characters who can do no wrong
>invincible MC with gimmicks and add-on that would rival Steel Jeeg
>no charismatic villain
>hell no clear villain at all
>awful pacing

yep so perfect.
>>
>>12125214
So when G-Reco is finished I guess those people will shut the fuck up and it'll be treated more like Zeta, and loved by many. I can live with that.
>>
>>12127344
Right, because a show needs a cartoon villain to be perfect, and because people need to die for a show to be "good." You just want to see people dying because you're super edgy and get off on that. That's not how things work in real life, and G-Reco is meant to parallel real life, in the future. Just go back to Transformers or whatever stupid shit you like.
>>
>>12125784

Well, yes and no.

Like, I understood where the mindset before their actions came from, but it didn't change that they basically let their emotions run amok and made stupid decision after stupid decision.
>>
>>12127371
Just like real people.
>>
>>12127345
If anything it will be like TTGL: people don't actually dislike the show, but the fanbase is so goddamn obnoxious that they'll end up hating it anyway.
>>
>>12127384
Reading through /m/, Greco doesn't really have a rabbid TTGL type fanbase, nor is it the "Everything robot aspect is like TTGL" mentality

If anything the only reason why /m/ will hate the show is because they keep making threads designed completely for shitposting which were most likely caused during the early episodes of the show. Seriously, I think there's at least more than 5 Greco bait/shitpost threads currently running
>>
>>12127353
People don't die in real life war? Also, nothing he said suggested that he wanted the characters to die. Why are you so upset? And so wrong? Is this post satire?
>>
>>12127409
>because they keep making threads designed completely for shitposting which were most likely caused during the early episodes of the show.

I'll vouch for this, I am beginning to get sick of seeing these threads everyday for such a fucking non-controversial show. The board is making mountains out of mole hills over plot points they won't care about once its over.

Yeah certain things could have been done better but do we really need 8 threads? Each of which last about 2 days at least? Does it really need it's own thread or do people really believe this circlejerk somehow differentiates from the supposed circlejerk in the general?
>>
>>12127372

There are in fact people who can act using emotion without letting it control them.
>>
File: mans name.gif (389KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
mans name.gif
389KB, 500x369px
>>12125775
The characters in G-Reco really aren't much less stupid.
They're just not colossal jerks about everything.

But that also kinda makes them less interesting.
The Argama was a powder keg of extreme characters hauled up with each other. And whenever Kamille opened his mouth there was going to be some huge argument followed by extensive slapping.
I have nothing against the people on the Megafauna, but they just don't elicit much emotion from me.
They seem nice is the best I can muster, while there are people in Zeta which I love and others which I fucking hate.

There's also a real lack of tension in G-Reco, which robs it of a lot of staying power.
>>
>>12127372
More like people with massive brain problems. The Argama is an asylum, plain and simple.
>>
>>12127473
Do you know ANYTHING about war? Obviously not, or you wouldn't be so stubborn.
>>
>>12127384
You have to realize that the people you call the "obnoxious fanbase" aren't actually fans of the show. Yeah, TTGL does have a fanbase like that, but you're completely exaggerating about G-Reco just because you see a lot of shitposting on this board and I guess even after all these years you aren't used to shitposters.
>>
>>12127508
Agreed, so much drama about an all-around good show just because it's Tomino.

Between you and me, I think this is the fault of Valvrave somehow. It just brought all manner of trolls here and they won't go away. Every new mecha anime, regardless of what it does, because they're looking for the next wild ride.
>>
>>12127638
>There's also a real lack of tension in G-Reco
Oh look it's this retard again
>>
>>12127638
>The characters in G-Reco really aren't much less stupid.
But they are, for one thing the characters in G-Reco outright avoid needless confrontation and learn from their mistakes.

The characters in Zeta weren't interesting just really annoying due to how inane their actions were and their justificationa for it, it was an excerise in patience since I have no idea how anyone can relate to any of them.
>>
>>12127842

Yeah nah, those people never left /a/ for the most part, because the majority of them don't even like mecha.
>>
>>12125214
Objective Zeta Arc Tiers:
Malestrom>Rosamia>Neo Zeon>Dakar>Von Braun>Hong Kong>First Space Arc>Winds of Jaburo>Karaba&Hayato
>>
File: no.png (188KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
188KB, 900x900px
>>12128042
>Rosamia that high
>Rosamia not last
>>
>>12125821
Sarah is young, she's just Katz but with Sirocco instead of Amuro
Reccoa was just dick-crazy
>>
>>12128046
It had a great buildup to the Psycho MK.II's appearance, and that fight was great.
>>
>>12128042
>he liked Rosamia
what's wrong with you
>>
>>12127843
Outside of a handful of moments, though, he's generally right. I don't even see how this is a particularly controversial statement.
>>12127876
I'd say they were plenty interesting. Diff'rent strokes, I guess. Zeta is my favorite Gundam series along with the original.
>>
>>12127892
I mean it brought the really dedicated ones that maybe like something mecha-related so they're here specifically to troll mecha.
>>
>>12127843
He does say that a lot, doesn't he? I'm sure it's the same person because it's the same weak argument every time.

>>12128168
Not only does he not understand what qualifies as tension, but he acts like "tension" is the end-all when plenty of things are excellent without the need for that. Ever read a fucking Tolkien novel? That's why his statement is problematic.
>>
>>12127638
Furthermore how the fuck does anyone find G-Reco's characters to be stupid? Pay attention to the fucking show.
>>
>>12128212
>he acts like "tension is the end-all
It's a fundamental part of storytelling. It's basic narrative construction. I could be wrong, but I don't think that guy's suggesting that G-Reco should be a Tom Clancy thriller.

And I generally dislike genre fiction. I've only read The Hobbit--which had tension.
>>
>>12128233
Yeah, The Hobbit has tension, but it doesn't rely on it. And most of the time they're safe because Gandalf's there to protect them, but it's still an excellent book. Both Tomino and Tolkien do this with G-Reco and The Hobbit - they have tension without relying on it. It's hardly fundamental.
>>
>>12128233
By the way, if you dislike genre fiction, doesn't that mean you dislike mecha anime?
>>
>>12128252
Tension doesn't necessarily relate to the safety of the characters. It doesn't even necessarily have to relate to a conflict (though it often and usually does). Even slice-of-life stories--decent ones, anyway--have some kind of tension that keep the reader/viewer interested and ideally invested.

Yes, tension is fundamental. Otherwise no one could care.
>>
>>12128254
I meant in terms of literature. There are exceptions, though.
>>
It's pretty boring for the most part.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.