[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the first seven minutes of the Origin are out... what does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: origin_7_screens.jpg (910KB, 594x7170px) Image search: [Google]
origin_7_screens.jpg
910KB, 594x7170px
So, the first seven minutes of the Origin are out... what does /m/ think of the battle sequence?
>>
>>12120583
Link?
>>
>>12120604
Bandai Channel page.
>>
>CGI
Not interested, thanks.
>>
>>12120984
on youtube?
>>
Man I really don't care about this at all... I've seen these robots 100 times before.
>>
>>12121221

May as well stop watching Gundam altogether then.
>>
Zekeshits
>>
What exactly made them think all of this CG was a good idea?
>>
>>12122510
Money saving.
That, and the fact that audiences in Japan can't tell the difference.
>>
>>12122510
The director requested CG. Blame him.
>>
SHADING
>>
>>12120583
I really hope the OVA doesn't whitewash Deikun and keeps his messiah complex and raving about how the people of Earth need to be punished by the fires of heaven. As it is he looks less crazed in this scene than the one in the manga.
>>
I'm probably dumb but I can't find the video on the bandaichannel or gundaminfo youtube channel.
>>
>>12122510
Because it is a good idea, the CG looks fantastic, go get some taste pleb
>>
>>12120583

There isn't anything, anywhere on Origin's first 7 minutes being released.
>>
>>12120583
CGI looked like shit but the rest was good

>>12122713
Looks good for CGI but imagine how good it would look animated like everything else
>>
>>12122630
I think it's a ruse, there isn't anything on the youtube channels or gundam.info about the first 7 minutes of Origin being released and the Bandai Channel mentioned above is region locked by the xenophobic Japs.
>>
>>12122827
You wouldn't have battle scenes ANYWHERE as dynamic as these without CG.
>>
>>12122810

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDYj7aeZiQA

Except for this, I guess.

Hurr.
>>
>>12124351
Looks breedy gud.
>>
English dub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iIogZju9dw
>>
Revil being damn calm while everyone else went "HOLY SHIT GUYS MOBILE SUITS" was pretty cool. I also like all those little decals on the Zakus, they look great.
>>
>black tri star being fucking boss
MY DICK!
>>
At least we got Loli Sayla
>>
The CG isn't too bad. And I'm liking the Japanese voices better than the English voices if only because of Sayla. Overall pretty good in my opinion.

That face Sayla makes however, I just can't help but laugh ass off.
>>
>>12124449
>And I'm liking the Japanese voices better than the English voices if only because of Sayla.
Please kill yourself
>>
>No Black Tri Stars and Char rivalry

Aw, that was one of the funnier parts of the manga.
>>
Loli Sayla is adorable

But why is she glowing?
>>
>that giant heat hawk

Awesome.
>>
>Char kicking a plane in half
>Loli Sayla
It may be zeon fanwank but it's about the best Zeon member so I'll let it slide
Also why did Char's mask glow?
>>
>>12124522
because inside that piece of flesh clothing he's really a zaku
>>
>>12124351
CGI doesn't look as shit as I remembered. Did they fix it or what? Either way, pretty good.
>>
>>12124477
Well, she is a latent newtype.
That could be why she grabs her head too, in her moment of grief.
>>
>>12122595
Nope, he's still crazy.
>>
>>12124524
So we know, who Char and Setsuna are.
>>
>>12120583

>>Those G-forces and all that stopping and starting

If they ever invent mecha I will never be able to pilot them because I will get carsick... (airsick?)
>>
>>12126317
G-Suit isn't enough for you?
>>
File: 1424024751704.jpg (16KB, 239x216px) Image search: [Google]
1424024751704.jpg
16KB, 239x216px
>more zeek fanwank
GET OVER THOSE FUCKS ALREADY
>>
>>12126341

I dunno Char is just sitting in there in normal clothes with barely a seatbelt
>>
>>12126525
He's a newtype. And you're not one.
>>
File: Came here to laugh at you.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Came here to laugh at you.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>12126363
>>
>>12126544
>>>/wsg/561086
>>
File: FuuuuuckYouuuuu.jpg (70KB, 902x674px) Image search: [Google]
FuuuuuckYouuuuu.jpg
70KB, 902x674px
>>12126363
>The most important part of the entire Universal Century timeline that sets the events for the next several decades
>An origin story about the Zabi family which was at the center of it all, whose youngest son would continue to exert a noticeable influence on the world throughout his adult life.
>ENOUGH OF THIS ZEEK FANWANK
>>
>>12126564
Correction: I accidentally typed 'Zabi' instead of 'Zeon'.

Commence shitposting about how stupid I am.
>>
>>12126564

God you're so fucking stupid

it's obviously going to involve the Zabis and Zeons in equal part man
>>
>>12120583
The CG resembles the one from Yamato 2199. I do recall Xebec collaborating with Bandai for the CG.
>>
>>12124351
Dem APHE rounds.

Anyway, on the quality of CGI, it's impossible to call anything Objectively better since better is a very subjective concept. However, if you were to create a criteria for quality with Quantifiable standards CGI would almost always come out on top. Actions per frame, number of details, movement of perspective, anything that can be measured would come out with CGI on top. CGI is Quantifiably better for whatever it's worth.

Now there are plenty of points proponents of hand drawn animation can propose, the usage of light and shadow, the shape of organic objects like people, the fuzziness that can be created with hand drawn but never fully replicated in CGI, but they never actually make these points.

They are utterly incapable of arguing their points, preferring to make blaise, non-descript statements that are utterly identical to shitposts. And for this, I shall punish them.

With questions

>>12122827
So what was wrong with the CGI? Please give me something more descript than "It's Shit" as that can be misconstruded as "It's the shitz".
>>
File: COOL ANIMATION, SUNRISE.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
COOL ANIMATION, SUNRISE.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>12122827
>but imagine how good it would look animated like everything else
>>
>>12126611
>So what was wrong with the CGI?
I think it might how it clashes with 2D character designs.
>>
>English dub is out
I don't care how shit it is. Even though this isn't that bad. Im just happy Bandais going to finally be properly releasing in the west again.

>>12126709
This is actually a very valid argument. Except it will never look that bad. It will at worst look like the the worst drawn frames from Unicorn. There are none.
>>
>>12126780
>It will at worst look like the the worst drawn frames from Unicorn.
You mean like the background characters? Because that can be remedied with CGI by creating the object and then shrinking it down.
>>
The CGI seems to be abit too over-the-top and overly stylistic, kinda takes you out of the scene with the style they are going for.
>>
>>12126831
Ah, I didn't mean to put it that way. I meant, if The Origin was drawn instead of CGI, it most likely would have had the same budget if not more than unicorn. Meaning that the worst drawn frames would be of equal quality to the worst drawn frames of Unicorn.

Almost any production uses CGI for background characters these days. It's almost unnoticeable, arguably cheaper and allows more dynamic shots.

>>12126854
Watching the fight scene again. It all feels very synthetic and unrealistic. Like the bodies flying at the ship from their ship that blew up almost seemed cartoony. On top of that everything seems very very small. Though, Gundam's always had a terrible time with scale/sizing.
>>
>>12122510
Its OYW wankery they know it'll sell no matter what so why spend money on it?
>>
>>12120583
it's pretty cool, but there's a legion of cg crybabbies crying up a veritable fagnado of faggotry in the original thread...

sickening really.
>>
>>12126954
CG apologist are the only sickening thing here.
>>
>>12124389
That shitty dub...

Still, the CG looks pretty nice. It's pretty great to see a full fleet battle in Gundam for once.
>>
>>12120583
Now, I'm not one of those mecha hipsters who thinks CGI is shit, only hand-drawn cels are watchable, but wholly fucking shit. What the hell is the studio thinking with those videogame graphics? Like, they're not even decent for video games, they're Gamecube-level textures and tesselation. It doesn't matter how many polys they throw at it if they leave it looking like fucking plastic plamo.

I mean, some of the close-up shots look pretty good, but the distance and wide-angle shots look like the kind of stuff they put into Space Battleship Yamato 2199. It's not OVA-quality, it's TV-quality. And this despite Macross Frontier figuring out how to make good-looking CGI battles more than 6 years ago. I think the biggest problem is the lack of lighting/shadow responsiveness; no matter how many explosions there are, the position and number of shadows never changes on anything.
>>
>>12124465
Fuck off.
>>
Moshi moshi, Dozzle desu
>>
Another UC/zeon fanwank. This time with horrid CGI graphics that looks like something from a 2000s video game. Tomino would be proud.
>>
We pink CG explosions now.
>>
>>12128893
>Another Zeon fanwank
>An origin story about Char Aznable and The Principality of Zeon
>The most popular faction in the entire Gundam franchise.
I don't know about you, but I would totally be interested in seeing an origin story for the Federation where a bunch of powerful countries band together and strong-arm the world into being unified, and then combat overpopulation by funneling all the poor people off into space colonies.

Because that just sounds like a whole barrel of fun. There are so many questions about the Federation's origin that could be answered (that nobody has asked)!

Get over it, and stop acting surprised. The only thing surprising about The Origin is that it wasn't made 30 years sooner.
>>
>>12128916
..Or one can also read the manga which this ova is based on, which doesn't only focus on zeon. And spare ones eyes from the hilarious cgi graphics. Zeon fanwank it is.
>>
>>12128894
>depleted hit-points bar above the exploding space-ship

Is that a game?
>>
>>12128916
>>12128928
The only story that even talks about the founding of the Federation was Unicorn, and that was basically "Evil beauracrats assassinated everyone in order to be tyrants."
>>
>>12128929
No, that's a red thruster trail from Char's Zaku. You should probably watch the trailer before saying things like that.
>>
>>12126780
>Even though this isn't that bad.

Has /m/ always had all these tone deaf faggots?
>>
>>12128937
I think it was a joke.
>>
>>12128944
The red thing isn't even consistent or properly aligned with the ship, though.
>>
>>12128928
As >>12128935 mentions, what is there to even talk about in regards to the Federation? They're your typical "lust, greed, and powermongering" origin story.

Is that worth spending money to animate at all?
>>
>>12128950
Not for the Origins shit, but I sure as hell would want the Ridden manga animated. Gopp and Oxner are cunning niggers compared to every other Feddie.

But mostly it's because the violator finally gets to show off and has no fucking space magician to cock block him with ghosts. The whole mystery around Chimaera is a lot more interesting than Laplace's box as well.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.