[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really *need* to watch ZZ? I want to watch as much Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 16

File: Mobile-Suit-Gundam-ZZ.jpg (83KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile-Suit-Gundam-ZZ.jpg
83KB, 500x375px
Do I really *need* to watch ZZ? I want to watch as much Gundam as I can, but watching ZZ makes me really wish I wasn't. I don't know why, It's not like it's the worst thing ever, just something about it makes me want to just... not.
>>
File: judau can't be helped.png (12KB, 331x362px) Image search: [Google]
judau can't be helped.png
12KB, 331x362px
>doesn't want to watch ZZ
plz you'll miss out on everything. how will you post in Haman fag threads? how will you understand the love for a Purus? Wanna watch Unicorn? well ZZ ties into it.

plus you'll miss out on Jewdough the greatest swag master.
>>
>>11813067
ZZ isn't as bad as people will tell you. It does improve somewhat, but as a whole it's only ever referenced again in Unicorn and if you don't like it/plan on watching Unicorn there isn't much of a point.
>>
>>11813067
Yes, you need to watch all the shows that you don't want to watch. I think you should give yourself an enema while watching them, just for emphesis.

ZZ is fun though, are you not fun person?
>>
>>11813067
How far in it did you get?

As far as Gundams go, I don't think any show changes as much as ZZ does over the course of its various arcs.
>>
>>11813098
Given some of the posts here, I worry that some people actually do this.
>>
>>11813067
>Do I really *need* to watch ZZ?

Do you *need* to watch anything? Of course not. But don't complain about it if you aren't going to watch it.
>>
>>11813089
>It does improve somewhat

It improves for like five episodes when they are in the desert and then goes right back to shit because they were busy making CCA. Which is a shame because whenever I think about ZZ I really like all the ideas it had but the execution was just god awful.
>>
File: GM III.jpg (606KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
GM III.jpg
606KB, 960x1440px
It's not *needed,* but you'll miss out on some neat mid-series fightan' scenes and cool robits.
>>
File: tumblr_mgwpdlKRJH1qlb0nso1_500.png (258KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgwpdlKRJH1qlb0nso1_500.png
258KB, 500x372px
>>11813151
Coolest robot, reporting in.
>>
>>11813151
Yes it is needed if you want to understand later Gundams
>>
>>11813067
At first i'm actually hate it, but love it when Puru appear.

The only minus part on ZZ for me is not much grunt on the AEUG side and all Argama pilot are tennager there's wasnt even adult like in Zeta.
>>
>>11813067
Up to you I guess, it's kinda relevant to Unicorn at the very least, I thought ZZ was pretty fun.
>>
File: 1417575023158.jpg (26KB, 349x413px) Image search: [Google]
1417575023158.jpg
26KB, 349x413px
>>11813183
My issue with ZZ is Judau got his shit together so quick they barely did anything interesting with his character for the rest of the series. He doesn't really have much of an arch going from a lil shit to respectable pilot like Amuro and Kamille had.
>>
>>11813252
That's because Judau is the new Bright, even if he fills in for Amuro & Kamille.

The little shits are all his friends that aren't Iino.
>>
>>11813098
>>11813127
>>11813151
Aw come on, you guys know what I mean. Also that enema comment is actually pretty relevant to my life right now. Weird.

>>11813105
Like, the first few episodes. It just hasn't really grabbed me. I feel like the only parts of it I like are the parts that continue on from Zeta (Kamille in a coma, Fa, Yazan), and I didn't even like Zeta that much.
>>
>>11813291
Things get a lot better the further you go. First they'll get better, then you hit Moon Moon, and wonder what drugs they put Fukuda on, then it gets better again.

ZZ is, effectively, the Anti-Zeta. It stays pretty light despite the fact that shit went from bad to worse throughout Zeta. Also, you need to push through if only to see a fully animated colony-drop.
>>
I understand that you don't want to, because I went through the exact same thing. Overall, no, it's not necessary, but I think it's good to do for UC completion. I wouldn't bother watching if I was extremely limited on time though.
>>
>>11813067
So I want to get into Gundam but I want to get to the part with Based Kampfers and HY-Goggs as quickly as possible. Are there any UC series I can bypass?

Can I skip Zeta? It wasn't very good if I recall correctly.
>>
>>11813324
>can i skip zeta
then why bother. if you skip the meat and potatoes of the UC why bother with the UC. go watch a AU gundam if you don't want to spend the time to watch the huge amount of content the UC offers.
>>
>>11813324
Are there any shows with Kampfers and Hygoggs besides 0080? If so, you can just skip to 0080.
>>
>>11813324
Do you give a shit about UC? If so then you shouldn't skip Zeta because it plays a huge role in Char and Amuro's story arc.
>>
>>11813330
>>11813332
>>11813340

I guess I should give it another try. I assume after watching the first one I'll understand it more.

Also, Kampfer and HY-Gogg star in the same series? Rad.
>>
>>11813324
Watch Mobile Suit Gundam, then watch 0080.

Done.

You might like Zeta and some of the OVAs and may as well give the other shows a try just to see how you feel about 'em.
>>
>>11813349
>I assume after watching the first one I'll understand it more.

Yeah that's a really good idea considering it's a direct sequel with many of the same characters returning.
>>
>>11813324
i'm pretty sure you're thinking of 0080
>>
>>11813067
Pic related.

Even in the early episodes of Shangri-La, I knew I liked ZZ Gundam, and there was something special about it. People hated it cause of the humor, but this was the first time we got in-depth look at colony life in the series. Then the Puru arc began, and it was solidified as my favorite Gundam series. {I'm not even a lolicon.}

If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. And maybe you'll have that burning itch inside you to come back to it later.
>>
File: 1415473758525.jpg (1MB, 1809x2195px) Image search: [Google]
1415473758525.jpg
1MB, 1809x2195px
>>11813067
I'll tell you this, anon. As silly as the early episodes are, which I felt similarly about when I watched them, it gets more serious later on. IIRC there aren't a lot of times that are devoid of the kids antics until towards the end.

However, around halfway through it hooked me in, even more than Zeta. Unlike Zeta I was not too pissed off at all these cyber newtypes and Katz's to enjoy the show, and that cemented ZZ as my favorite series.

Plus I fuggen love the ZZ itself.
>>
Anti-ZZ is code for anti-fun

UC war NOW
>>
>>11813183
puru is so kawaii i want to hug her
>>
>>11813631
i think zz's design is kind of ugly, just my opinion
>>
There's Glemmy, Haman and the Purus to make up for it. Just make sure to not to aneurysm during Shangri-La or Moon Moon.
>>
>>11813350
If he wants to get to 0080 as quickly as possible, why not just start with it? Don't tell me you're one of those production-order-fags.
>>
>>11813067
First series are painful to watch. Very painful.
But it will show how shitty Federation is. Even without Titans.
>>
Op, don't force yourself to watch 50 episodes of a show you don't like just for the sake of e-peen. I've done this more times than I can remember and it isn't worth it.
>>
>>11813138
>Which is a shame because whenever I think about ZZ I really like all the ideas it had but the execution was just god awful.
That's funny because that's exactly how I feel about Zeta

>>11813943
What are you even trying to say. ZZ is one series
>>
>>11813067
You don't need to watch ZZ unless you're a UC enthusiast, in which case it's relevant to the overall plot.

However, you can still be a Gundamfag by watching G, Wing, X, 08th, 0080, 0083 and F91. You won't get Goofy, Jesus, Space Autism, UNDERSTANDING or kill all Purus, but it'll still be a pretty enjoyable ride.

The only thing you'll miss out on is space aztecs and shitty writing.
>>
File: haman sama.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
haman sama.gif
1MB, 346x261px
I don't think the references in Unicorn would have been as immensely satisfying without having seen ZZ.

Also, more Haman-sama.
>>
>>11813735
It depends on the proportions of those who draws or build it. This one--->>>11813631 is an excellent ZZ.

Is proportionate and not too much stocky.
it is also true that the ZZ is not an agile machine like the old Z. is more like a walking fortress with the fire power of obliterate anything.
>>
The original three Gundam shows are great. Things have varying quality from there but I also really enjoyed Victory and 0080.
>>
>>11814182
>The only thing you'll miss out on is ... shitty writing
>recommends 0083
Fucking seriously
>>
>>11814436
>recommends 0083

Visually beautiful, but empty.
>>
>>11813962
This.

I like gundam for the mech but gundam series are fucking shithouse.
>>
File: you bitch.jpg (32KB, 390x502px) Image search: [Google]
you bitch.jpg
32KB, 390x502px
>>11814436
0083 is a beautiful story of cuckoldry like few others. The beta protag does everything right by his woman, fights for his country and risks his life trying to save countless people. Then he gets dumped for a genocidal maniac with no respect for other men's personal space who doesn't even think Kou is worth killing.

And what does he get for all his trouble? Maybe a little pity nookie? Nope. JUST A CHANCE TO BUNK WITH BUBBA!

He winds up red pilled as fuck and hell bent on chillaxing for the rest of his days as a laid back test pilot because fuck women and country. Then Keith shows up and it's bro time...until he sees Nina.

It's clear when the shot slowly zooms in on his cold, blank, hateful expression that he's thinking "you've got some tits to still be here, bitch". Kou even tries to fake a smile but still can't stop himself from reverting to that resentful glare.

We all know what would've happened next if the head honchos hadn't made them cut to the credits. So yeah, don't go shitting on 0083.
>>
>>11814182
>Wing
>0083
Throw SEED Destiny and AGE in while you're at it.
>>
File: Carozzo_Ronah.png (596KB, 1280x691px) Image search: [Google]
Carozzo_Ronah.png
596KB, 1280x691px
>>11814666
I prefer my cuckolds to be insane cyber newtypes thank you
>>
>>11814666
Thanks /tv/.
>>
>>11814182
>Space Aztecs
And here I was, thinking I had a pretty good idea of what the rest of UC was gonna be like.

>>11813962
I dunno, even if I end up not liking it it still sounds like ZZ is worth watching for the references in Unicorn. I really like that kind of thing. Like, I didn't really care for Zeta that much, but the parts that call back to the original MSG (pretty much anything to do with Neo Zeon) made it worth it to me.
>>
>>11814666
>And what does he get for all his trouble? Maybe a little pity nookie? Nope. JUST A CHANCE TO BUNK WITH BUBBA!

You say this like Nina framed him for the crime. She didn't. He had his orders to sit that one out, he chose not to and participated in Grand Theft Gundam.

That had nothing to do with Nina and everything to do with his own issues with Gato and his personal ethics.

His going to jail was the result of crooked manly men like Bask and Jamitov. Nina knew fuck all about that.

Yeah, Nina a shit, but you can only blame her for so much before you start going all Tipsy M'Fedora.
>>
>>11813067
You're an idiot.
>>
>>11815322
nice, you sure showed him
>>
>>11815291
It was solely her betrayal that rendered everything he did in vain, forcing him to go back a disgrace rather than a hero. So yeah, it was still entirely her fault.

I mean, the Feddies couldn't just go and jail the man who stopped a colony drop and avenged an entire fleet FOR GREAT FEDERATION JUSTICE, and then still claim to be true to their cause. They'd laughed out of the room in disgrace by anyone with even half a brain.

But as for the guy who stole a Gundam and completely failed to make any difference at all? Ha. Nobody's going to give a crap.

Nina was truly the writer's gift to the Titans. She's basically the anti-Aina.
>>
>>11815271
>It still sounds like ZZ is worth watching for the references in Unicorn.
There's really not much reference to double zeta in unicorn.
>>
Didn't enjoy watching for the first few episodes or so.
Grew to like it a bit
Turned off again at noon moon
Got pretty good especially during the arc on earth
God bored again after Haman smuggled onboard

It's a mixed bag
>>
>>11813252
I liked having a comment main character.
>>
>>11815291
>>11814666
Nina was guilty for a lot more than that.
>Showing up at base the the same day Gato arrives
>Seeing Gato steal the gundam and not do anything
>Tell everyone she has no idea who it was even though she was intimate with Gato
>Deliberately puts the 03 in the hands of what she thought was an incompetent
>Follows along to relay information back
>Toys with Kou's feelings to keep him emotionally unbalanced
>Stops Kou from stopping the colony drop and saving Gato
Nina Purpleton was a Zeon agent. The only scene missing was her putting on a Zeon uniform and hailing a Zeon flag.
>>
>>11813067
If you watched Z you might as well watch ZZ.
Nothing comes close to as disappointing with tons of plot convenience like Z.
>>
>Zeta
>Kamille throws a hissyfit and gets his ass beat by Wong as a disciplinary measure
>ZZ
>Wong takes a swing at Judau to enact a similar disciplinary measure
>Judau turns around and beats the shit out of him
I don't know anons, I'm having a good time with this show.
>>
File: 1404352792790.png (307KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404352792790.png
307KB, 640x480px
>>11818389
Literally the best moment in the show.
>>
File: 51HSSCW20DL.jpg (48KB, 336x475px) Image search: [Google]
51HSSCW20DL.jpg
48KB, 336x475px
>>11818439
>best moment in the show
>not based Mondo & Beecha cock-teasing Glemy with the captured Roux
>>
>>11817475
She's a terrible person and character (would have been better if she had turned out really to be a Zeon spy .) but...

>Deliberately puts the 03 in the hands of what she thought was an incompetent

Seem to remember that there were no better candidates, at that time. They had to take the GP03 with weapons and the complicity of the captain.

The original test pilot, according to Evolve, has died protecting La Vie en Rose.
>>
>>11813332
Kampfer is in 0080 exclusively I believe. Hy-Goggs may be in the original series, but I think that's it.
>>
>>11819209
Nope, Hygoggs are 0080 only as far as animated material is concerned. They are, however, in a number of games:Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: The Blue Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo, Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles, Gundam Battle Assault 2, Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.
>>
>>11818439
>>11818389
http://youtu.be/w06W_vcGL_0
>>
>>11813291
>Like, the first few episodes. It just hasn't really grabbed me
It gets good around ep. 20. If you're willing to wade through the shite early on you'll be pleasantly surprised, if not I don't really blame you. I couldn't stand it to start with.
>>
>Judau visits Haman's ship with a funton of grenades
>Haman gets really horny and tries to fuck him in the hallway
>The guards ruin everything
>Judau bombs the inside of the ship and escapes
>Kills the superMS of the day on the way out almost as an afterthought
>Haman is still horny
These episodes man..
>>
>>11819224
Gihren's Greed doesn't count?
>>
>>11819470
Wasn't on the list of vidya games under the Kampfer's Gundam Wiki page.
>>
>>11819617
Oh great, their ebin policy seems to be that it doesn't count as a game unless it's a page about units specifically designed for that game, for example the MP Gyans and variants.
>>
>>11819427
What was up with Haman anyway?

Why did she want him so bad?
>>
>>11819664
she never got the Char dick
>>
I'm watching this now and ever since they got to earth, the animation quality has been godawful. Please tell me this isn't how the show looks rest of the season?
>>
>>11819792
Unfortunately yes. it was a troubled production.
It would not hurt a ZZ New translation that synthesizes the series with two or three movies and reorganize a bit better 'whole story.

I'd like to
>>
>>11819834
Well shit. Just when ZZ was finally getting better.
>>
>>11817475
I remember there being huge debate on the angles of Nina and Gato, their positions and whether or not she could have seen his face. Then this all becomes meaningless anyway because HE MADE A RADIO ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE GUNDAMJACK. She heard Gato's voice.
>>
One of my main problems with ZZ is that I didn't like ANY of the main characters.. Beecha and Mondo? GOD the two of them are so annoying without contributing anything, even Judau is just.. well he's lame.. Felt like the character just sorta happened.. never cared for him and only ever rooted against him. I literally watched the show for Haman of which there wasn't enough of her and to see her get killed by Judau.. ugh
>>
File: Roux Louka ;p.webm (225KB, 574x554px)
Roux Louka ;p.webm
225KB, 574x554px
>>11819922
>not liking Roux
>>
File: photo.jpg (53KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
53KB, 375x375px
>>11820063
Bastards.
>>
>>11819922
>not liking Elle
Dude.
>>
>>11820202
This.

Even if I do like Judau, I can perfectly understand not liking him, but Elle's really just great.
>>
>Zeta
>Katz dies like a bitch when he crashes his core fighter into an asteroid at full speed
>ZZ
>Not one, but two people
>In the same episode!
>Crash their core fighter into an asteroid at full speed
>They fly out of the cockpit and smack into the asteroid
>They're just briefly stunned
>>
>>11820650
Episode? ( just curious)
>>
File: zz gritty.jpg (174KB, 768x1242px) Image search: [Google]
zz gritty.jpg
174KB, 768x1242px
>>11813735

What's it like being worse than Hitler?
>>
>>11819664
Newtype connection.
>>
I liked everyone in this show.

>Judau, who I think is more relateable than Kamille cause he has imoutos, not half a dozen girlfriends
>Elle
>Roux
>Beecha
>The shy one
>Bright
>Torres
>Mash
>Chara
>Glemy
>Haman
>Puru
>Puru-2
>Nahel Argama was the best ship
>>
>>11813310
I found ZZ sadder/darker than Zeta despite its "silly" tone.
>>
File: spanner.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
spanner.gif
2MB, 500x374px
>>11820896
ZZ has great cast. A lot of fun little character interactions that most shows don't do nearly as well.
>>
>>11813310
Did the Dublin colony drop do less damage because it wasn't sling-shotted around the moon like Operation British and Operation Stardust?
>>
>>11819834
If they did ZZ New Translation, how would they explain Kamille not being there? Or would this trilogy still operate off the TV ending?
>>
>>11820981
Did operation Stardust do any damage?
>>
>>11820999

>Kamille is in retirement or stays at shangri-la, or joins kabala

>story gets rewritten and Kamille given a major role

I'm not sure which I would like more.
>>
>>11821004
It at least did sever damage to North America, which is apparently a giant granary.
>>
I'm roughly two-thirds of the way through Zeta and it's boring me to tears, how much more entertaining is ZZ in comparison?
>>
>>11821004
It's stated to have done so, but as shows that took place later gave no indication of it, it's a big case of 'tell, don't show'
>>
>ZZ is my favorite Gundam
>RotJ is my favorite Star Wars

What does this make me?
>>
>>11820911
Are you me? (nb4 [expletive] no or you certainly hope not)
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.