[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
No matter what everyone will say, I still...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 56
File: 193c4cd983198a5f.jpg (335 KB, 1070x1559) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
193c4cd983198a5f.jpg
335 KB, 1070x1559
No matter what everyone will say, I still strongly believe that Char Counterattack is one of the best piece of Japanese animation ever made.

And I cried at the ending.

Fuck
>>
File: Nanai BTT.jpg (411 KB, 869x1347) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nanai BTT.jpg
411 KB, 869x1347
>>11777718
For me CCA is tragic because Char had neither avenged Lalah, nor finish the Earthnoids.
It would be nice to see the newtype society he belived in.
Also, too bad that Nanai wasn't playing a big role.
>>
Amuro trying to push back Axis even though he knew it was retarded really hit me in the feels.
>>
>>11777718
best Gundam movie for sure
>>
>>11777718
>And I cried at the ending.
pussy
>>
File: Axis push.png (713 KB, 906x904) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Axis push.png
713 KB, 906x904
>>11777764
>>
>>11777718

I think it was unnecessary, incomplete and rather mediocre on the whole. I will admit that it has a good ending though, that, in my opinion makes the whole come off better than the rest of the movie deserves.

I say incomplete because if the story had to be told then I think it would have worked better in an OVA format instead of a movie, where we'd get a more natural flow for Char from Zeta to Char's Counterattack, possibly a better insight in to his motives dependent on whether Tomino wanted to make them clearer or leave them up to the viewer's interpretation and would have had more time to establish characters like Quess and Hathaway, so that the tragedy of them and how they mirror Char/Amuro/Lalah and so on would have had more impact. Amuro's relationship with Beltorchika would have had more substance too, which would have been nice among other things that could have been filled out a bit.

And yes, I know that you can headcanon some reasons for why Char turned out the way that he did in Char's Counterattack. Just because you can though, doesn't mean having some actual material to fill that gap wouldn't be appreciated.

I think it's rather unnecessary on the whole though because I think Zeta makes a better climax to their relationship than Char's Counterattack. There was bad blood there because of the whole Lalah thing, but they were soldiers, it was a war and after a while the hate dies away and they start to move on with their lives, because that's what people do most of the time. It spoke more to me than some big duel where they have to shout at each other about how great their teenage crush was.
>>
>>11777764
Yeah me 2
>>
I enjoy the movie a lot...

But I will still laugh at the Psychic T that brings people together.
>>
Great movie that just wasn't developed well enough IMO. Most of the new faces introduced like Chan, Keyra, and Gyunei just didn't get enough on-screen development for me to really care about them (though Hathaway and Quess were decent characters even if they did act like the stupid teenagers they were). Also the fact that there's zero explanation for how Char came to power, why his personality flipped into such a serious anti-Earthnoid state.

At the end of the day I think CCA was just trying to fit too much story into 2 hours. It could have been 2 movies or an OVA series easily instead of starting in the middle of a battle and having no attachment to its new cast. All that said, it still has an epic ending and is one of my favorites.
>>
>>11777795
>headcanon

Stop misusing that term. There is plenty of evidence to why Char changed and him NOT changing and always being rotten inside is a valid interpretation of his character. Him being alive during ZZ and witnessing those events is also not headcanon.
>>
File: happy family.jpg (3 MB, 2888x4057) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
happy family.jpg
3 MB, 2888x4057
BFF
>>
>>11783925
What is that shit on Kamille's face?
>>
>>11780354
>his personality flipped into such a serious anti-Earthnoid state.

See >>11780387
>>
>>11785865
Other than the one dialogue involving Sayla in the second to last episode of ZZ, there's not really any hard evidence of that.

I'm not saying that it's wrong, in fact it's a very logical train of thought. But I'd like to see it more apparent in the actual shows. Even if one can fill in the gaps, I would want to see an OVA or manga that shows how the Neo Zeon movement came to be. Axis Zeon seemed to have taken a serious beating by the end of ZZ. Would Char alone have gotten them that well back into shape by 0093, and if so then how?
>>
I loved this movie enough that my name comes from here.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yR9lR8ihX0
"The Earth Federation forces had become corrupt from within, giving birth to rogue Federation movements, like the Teethans (Titans) and resulting in the brazen activites of Hahmen (Haman), who had falsely proclaimed to be a protector of the Zabi family
>>
It gave us BEYOND THE TIME, and for that it will forever live on in my heart...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE6SAE1tCEE
>>
>>11788431
Wrong link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ourB80IQEes
>>
>>11788439
>tee tans
>hahmen
>WELL YEAH, I KNEW ALL OF THAT

Nevermind that when this originally aired on Toonami none of the American newbie fans had any idea what he was talking about
>>
>>11777718
>And I cried at the ending.

That's only because the song that plays at the end is so emotional you can't help but cry.

Just listen to this thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ7_pUwYuFQ
>>
>>11788463
Those fucking feels.... by the way did the Londo Bell theme that plays in SRW games ever actually play in the movie? I only caught the opening notes of it leading up the the title shot, but none of the rest which is an absolute masterpiece.

In all regards though CCA's soundtrack just captured the mood of all its scenes so perfectly. I'm way more forgiving of some of its plot holes/weaknesses just because of how well it sets its tone.
>>
>>11777764
>even though he knew it was retarded

What? He seemed really cocky like he knew the psychoframe would save the day and was mocking Char for doubting him.
>>
>>11777792
That's pretty amazing.
>>
Did the feds ever recover nu gundam's remains?
>>
>>11788439
I never understood why they zoom on Quess and have her say "Well yeah I knew that".
>>
>>11788471
I personally interpreted it as Amuro to some extent also getting absorbed in his rivalry with Char. Not to the insane extent that Char appeared to have, but it obviously was a personal thing to Amuro as well even if he didn't want to admit it. He was willing to sacrifice his life and say it was for the earth, but he surely had his own motives as well to simply prove char wrong. That's pure speculation on my part but I feel like it would give a more human face to Amuro. He's a flawed person, albeit still braver than almost anybody in his time.
>>
>>11788467
The soundtrack is indeed GOAT.
>>
>>11788485
>charandamuropunching.jpg
>not charandamuroplayfulforeplay.jpg
>>
>>11788486
>>11788467
Reminder that the remastered soundtrack for CCA is available.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=563764
>>
>>11788509
>anytime a picture of this scene is posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m3tEj2JzI
>>
try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrb4tJ91xUo
>>
>>11788524
FLAC OR GTFO.
>>
File: 1402964724982.jpg (70 KB, 435x604) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402964724982.jpg
70 KB, 435x604
OP here.
I understand that many people felt down about the movie. So much things to show in just 2 hours, that's next to impossible - and ending that full-scale spatial conflict into a personal rivalry based on a trivial love may also seem off, but I thinks it's exactly why people like me love the movie.
I think the more you like Amuro and Char and their relationship, the more you like the movie.
I would literally KILL to see this movie in a big theater screen.

>>11788463
And yeah, that shit is huge too
>>
>>11790107
>wanting FLAC when not using audio equipment that will make a difference

get it yourself, you're used to having to do that
>>
>>11777795
>headcanon
There is no headcanon needed as Tomino always spelled out Char's motives. Char is a depress man that has no meaning in his life as the Zabi Family is dead and the only thing that was going to give him meaning in his life, Lalah, is also dead. Thus, he does the only thing he knows and seeks out revenge. He gives no shits about Neo-Zeon or the future as he does not plan to be around for it.
>>
>>11780387

It's a valid use of the term, because Char's motives in the film are pretty vague and there was no supporting evidence to say which one is definitely correct for years after the fact. At least in the English speaking world. I'm not aware of anything that's actually clearly defined it as of yet honestly, though that isn't to say it doesn't exist. If it does though, I've yet to see anyone mentioning it in dozens of CCA threads.

> him NOT changing always being rotten is a valid interpretation

Of course it is. I never said it wasn't. The fact that it's only an interpretation even by your own words is good evidence for why any motivation suggested for him in CCA or what happened to him between Zeta and is headcanon though.

>>11790172

> There is no headcanon needed as Tomino always spelled out his motives.

Discarding the fact that I already stated that Tomino may have deliberately left his motives vague during the movie as a directorial decision, leaving him open to interpretation,and that the story would still work better as an OVA in my opinion regardless of this, the fact that people are still debating his motives 20 odd years later is a pretty good indication his motives aren't as clear as they could be. As is the fact that there's been about 5 different suggested motives for him in the movie that I'm aware of and possibly others that I'm not aware of (wanting to duel Amuro because of pride, settle score over Lalah, actually caring about newtypes, caring about Earth, depressed over Kamille's fate). Two of those rely on evidence from previous shows because he never actually brings them up during the movie, which is extra fun. Those being newtypes and Kamille in case you're wondering.
>>
>>11777744
Tragic in the sense that Char was done in by his pride and his tendency to manipulate those around him to push his own personal agendas? Sure.
Tragic in the sense of 'Isn't it sad that Char didn't win', not really.
The man had spent years having people trust him to change things and letting them down because he had other ideas. The fact this plan failed was just another notch on his scorecard.
Plus, he was too focused on making this a personal revenge thing. Most of the 'Glorious Newtype Future' stuff was lip service to his followers and he really didn't seem that interested in it at all.

We see two Chars in CCA. Char the actor, who exists to be Neo-Zeon's mascot, and the actual Char, who at this point really just wants his revenge.
>>
>>11790566

Since when has everything that isn't spelled out "headcanon" now? Just because Char didn't spoonfeed you his motivations doesn't mean it isn't clear why he's doing it. The way I see it there are 3 possible answers to why Char did what he did and my dota queue just popped so I can't tell you what they are. Peace.
>>
>>11790584

> The way I see it there are 3 possible answers to why Char did what he did

> There are 3 possible answers why he did what he did

> What do you mean this means that it's open to interpretation and that the things that informed this decision between Zeta and CCA, which are never covered in any form beyond a vague 90 second game FMVproduced years after the fact are left open to the viewer's imagination

When you finish DOTA I'm sure you'll be back to explain just why this is incorrect.
>>
>>11790566
How did he leave it deliberately vague when everyone called Char on his shit. Even at the end of the film Char admitted he is only doing the whole thing as a ploy for revenge and is surprised that people came together to stop Axis.
>>
>>11777792
>>11777764

i cri evry teim
>>
File: RGZ-91_Re-GZ.jpg (204 KB, 283x538) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RGZ-91_Re-GZ.jpg
204 KB, 283x538
what a gorgeous suit
>>
>>11777718

I watch it every couple of months and the ending still gets me too. Very emotional ending to iconic characters.
>>
>>11790582
You're wrong.
Avenging Lalah wasn't his top priority. One of the main objectives, maybe. But not the first one.
After ZZ and Zeta Char was angered by Federation returning to it's pre-OYW politics. Corrupt Earth elite wasn't interested in giving spacenoids more autonomy. All they wanted is money and power. One strike of Axis loaded with nukes would finish both Federation and bonds of humanity with Earth. Char belived that it would help humanity to become newtypes.
In a matter of time, the Earth's ecology will be restored.
And I belive that Char geniuenly loved Nanai and he wasn't manipulating her for psychoframe shemes and Perfect Cyber-Newtype project.
>>
>>11790778

I'm going to say what I always do, It was both. Both motives were huge on his list ( he could bring Amuro out by bluffing or doing something less catastrophic than he did)- Char's whole character is that he has two sets of drives, one is noble and leads him to drastic action and gives him meaning beyond his petty egoistic side, but that egoistic side always resurfaces and ruins his plans, it's just like what happened on the Axis ship with Haman and Minerva. It's just who Char is.
>>
>>11790778
No, you retard, thats just what Char said in his speeches. Char's confrontation with Amuro spelled out what he was really trying to accomplish, and it was revenge for Lalah. Rewatch the damn movie.
>>
>>11790697

He never says that at the end, during his and Amuro's duel he says " I'm not trying to change the world!" when they argue about idealism and stuff. That's where people get the idea that it was all about Revenge, I would like to know what the Japanese line actually says, because I always took it in the context of " shut up about that, focus on our fight right now".
>>
>>11790867

In his conversation with amuro he does mention his neo zeon goals as well, how corrupt the earth federation is and more or less how they need to punished for the better good. So it's not like all he talks about it Lalah when he fights Amuro, he clearly shows interest in his larger goals as well.
>>
No matter what everyone will say, I still strongly believe that Be Invoked is one of the best piece of Japanese animation ever made.

And I cried at the ending.

Fuck
>>
>>11790866
"Am I such a small-minded person?" - said he in a conversation with Nanai.
>>
>>11777718
A bit off topic but the Gundam Warriors 2 CCA section was well pulled off.
>>
>>11790778

> I believe that Char genuinely loved Nanai

So you're delusional? He never shows anything but cursory affection for her in the entire movie, same as with Reccoa basically.
>>
File: 1413217937702.jpg (62 KB, 709x765) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413217937702.jpg
62 KB, 709x765
>Sunrise will never make any OVA explaining what the fuck happended between ZZ and CCA that triggered the war
>>
>>11790919
Well, that's what I belive, mainly because I like Nanai and I've read Beyond the Time.
>>
>>11790778
>And I belive that Char geniuenly loved Nanai and he wasn't manipulating her for psychoframe shemes and Perfect Cyber-Newtype project.
Holy fuck aren't you desiluional about Char and your waifu,the only people he gave a fuck in his entire life were Lalah,Sayla,Kamille and Amuro he was using everyone else.
>>
>>11790929

I haven't read it, but considering it's not written by Tomino I don't know why that'd change your mind about what he originally intended in the movie.
>>
>>11790940
He was giving a fuck about Zabis. While they were alive and represented a political power.
>>11790942
It doesn't change my mind. Was Char loving Nanai or not - it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1373312155448.jpg (111 KB, 581x668) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1373312155448.jpg
111 KB, 581x668
>>11790929
>I've read Beyond the Time.
Not canon also why was a manga about Nanai named after a song about Char and Amuro?
>>11790925
Don't worry after the success of Unicorn they're going to milk more early UC just give them more time
>>
>>11790965
Because 90% of story is Nanai's newtype flashback caused by Quess vs. Hathaway&Chan fight.
>>
>>11790954

> It doesn't matter whether Char loved Nanai or not, it doesn't change that he loved her

Well as long as we're being sensible then.
>>
>>11777718
it ruined what made char a char
fuck
>>
>>11777792
It was kinda of funny how Amuro shitted on the people doing this in movie and made them stop with the psychoframe. It was just so Amuro, though. But in reality, they really were just wasting their lives.
>>
>>11777718
Sure, the animation is absolutely gorgeous. I won't deny that.

The story is a bit of a clusterfuck though.
>>
>>11793335
Man, too many of you fell in love with the fake peace mongering act Char put on in Zeta. In reality, he just going through a period of apathy. He was reinvigorated by the Titans to go back to his old self; the original Gundam Char who is scheming and ruthless.

He probably did believe in his newtype stuff. He's a guy that could justify killing billions internally to himself.
>>
>>11777718
pretty shit movie tbh, it ruins 0079 and zeta
>>
>>11783925

The Zeta stuff is so depressing since they all made such a good team.
>>
I don't know why he turns good in Zeta.

I don't know why he turns bad again in CCA.

If you ignore Zeta, then it makes sense. He keeps the same characterization. Zeta messes it up. Does Zeta then work better if you interpret it as non-canon? CCA and Zeta then could be seen as two possibilities.

Zeta: If Char forgave Amuro and got on with his life.
CCA: If Char gave into and followed through on his fascist beliefs and wanting revenge against Amuro.
>>
>>11793744 ----------> >>11793720(me)
>>
>>11793730

>It's a bad movie because it ruins other media not related to it
>not judging media by its own merit
>>
>>11793720

> Man, too many of you fell in love with the fake peace mongering act Char put on in Zeta

Probably because he believed in it himself by all accounts given the way he acted, even around Amuro, someone he seems completely unable to forgive and to get emotional at the very thought of the next time they meet. Probably also because Zeta Char is just plain more interesting and/or likable to many than CCA Char. Probably also because the jump from Zeta Char to CCA Char is just so awkward as is. ZZ would presumably have covered this gap better given that he was originally supposed to be the villain of ZZ by all accounts and a full tv series would have more time to cover that kind of thing, but that went out the window when CCA was greenlit.

Honestly, I wish Char had been the villain in ZZ and CCA had never gotten made. Yea, Amuro and Char wouldn't have gotten a final climactic showdown, but they didn't need it and Char appearing in ZZ after only a short period away to contest with Haman over control of the Neo-Zeon forces would have made more sense since it would have presumably given some insight in to his mindset and would have left the whole Lalah thing behind given the lack of Amuro.
>>
>>11793744
What's fascist about Char's beliefs?
>>
>>11794058
>I don't agree with his beliefs, therefore he's a fascist commie nazi

He's probably american and that's how they rationalize
>>
>>11794102
Or he's an /int/-boy, who belives that Obama is a commie.
>>
>>11793701
He wasn't shitting on them. He was trying not to get them killed.
He still believed the Nu Gundam could handle the job and was willing to die to do it. That doesn't mean he was okay with other people dying with him. He's not saying 'Get out of here, you're just in the way' he's saying 'Get back, your suits won't be able to handle this! You'll die!'

It's concern, not arrogance.
>>
>>11794193

> He still believed the Nu Gundam could handle the job

I don't think he did to be honest. I think he was just desperate and that was the only thing he could think to do, even though he didn't really believe it'd do any good. He just didn't want other people besides himself killing themselves for what he saw as a pointless effort. It's the fact it was something no-one believed could work that makes it a miracle when it does work really.
>>
>>11794058

>people who don't agree on governing the earth with me deserve an asteroid to their face

That's kinda fascist if you ask me.
Also using propaganda to rally support and using force to achieve his plans, kinda like Mussolini but with more class.

>>11794102

The problem rises when his "beliefs" mean annihilation of people on earth because muh space evolution.
>>
>>11794396

> muh space evolution

Which is especially hilarious given that it appears to have more to do with war and less to do with space going by the series. Most of the newtypes we know of awoke to their powers during conflict in space. The more they fight, the more their powers developed. This is true of 0079, Zeta, ZZ, F91, Crossbone and Victory as far as I'm aware, with the only ones to develop it before engaging in conflict or outside of conflict being Lalah, Kamille (just) and some girl in the Crossbone manga.

Also, because Char doesn't actually speak about newtypes at all in CCA as far as I recall - only about saving the Earth and helping Spacenoids.
>>
File: 1403827548632.jpg (384 KB, 794x1280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403827548632.jpg
384 KB, 794x1280
>>11794396
Zeon Deikun wanted humanity to leave Earth. In 0093 Earth's ecology is ruined and colonies have to supply Earth's financial and political elite. Spacenoids have no political rights - they can't chose a governor of colony and they are not represented in Dakar as a part of EF.
So, spacenoids wanted to be free from EF, but colonies, even if they are unite, can't fight against skilled EF forces for a long time. So, the best option is to begin and end this war in one general operation.
Neo-Zeon took over Sweetwater and other colonies were about to start riot or something. That's the reason that only one fleet came to help LondoBell - other fleets were left in colonies to prevent colonists from rioting.
An Axis fall could finish Federation and it's human inhabitants, while the ecology will restore itself after a new Ice Age.
And in a matter of time colonists will become newtypes.
That's the main idea.
About "deserving an asteroid": every modern political power acts in this way. Read Machiavelli or something.
>>
>>11794510

> the best option is to begin and end this war in one general operation

False. The Zabis said the same thing and look how that turned out. The best option is not to have a war at all. Peaceful protest in the Martin Luthor King and Gandhi vein is far more likely to produce results, especially given that they control the bottleneck of resources to the resources starved Earth.

> and in a matter of time colonists will become newtypes

Rather baseless conjecture built on hopes and dreams more than any kind of real data.

> Every modern political power acts in this way. Read Machiavelli or something

I'd rather just look at what the most successful examples of large scale social change in the last century or so are and the methods they used to achieve them. Especially given that the methods you're championing usually end up with a change in figurehead only, not in any meaningful sense.
>>
>>11794578
>The Zabis said the same thing and look how that turned out
Zabis thought that they can fight against EF one-on-one. They have failed - their economics were weak, many colonists won't support totalitarist state (And Char wasn't a totalitarian leader). Because spacenoid army wasn't as big as EF army, they had to be superior in quality.
The only reason MLK succseed is that giving rights to negroes won't cause any big problem and it would US Government look good. Gandhi's success is the same. All business will stay in hands of englishmen and UK won't be critisized by Soviet Union and some other political powers. Russian emancipation reform of 1861 is the same.
>Rather baseless conjecture built on hopes and dreams more than any kind of real data.
When Zeon Deikun came up with this idea, newtypes weren't found yet or were not researched.
>I'd rather just look at what the most successful examples of large scale social change in the last century
There were no large social changes in XX century. They were minor and their result wasn't that satisfying.
>>
>>11777792
YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR DESTINY TOKI NO MUKOU
>>
>>11794668

> They failed

So did Char.

> giving rights to negroes won't cause any big problems...all business will stay in the hands of Englishmen and UK won't be criticized

Even if that's true, it doesn't matter because the same is true of this scenario. The EF giving rights to the Spacenoids to choose their own governors while still remaining part of the EF and to make other decisions that give them some self determination and reinforce their self worth won't change squat about who's really running the show, especially in the short term (the only one most people care about), nor will it change who owns businesses or is making money where, because most businesses are already making most of their money out in space apparently.

> When Zeon Deikun came up with this idea, newtypes weren't found yet or were not researched

So what? That doesn't actually change that the idea that moving people in to space will make them newtypes is completely unfounded and is mostly conjecture that the shows don't actually backup. People's newtype powers seem to activate in response to conflict going by the show, not in response to moving to space. After all, people were living in space for nearly 80 years during the show with only one of them to show for it. Then war starts and half a dozen more appear. Same story with the next war. And the one after that.

> There were no large social changes in XX century

Good thing I wasn't talking about what the characters should be looking at then, but what I myself would look at - posted in response to you saying that another poster should look at what modern political powers are doing. Even if you want to take it from an in-universe point of view though, that's what history is for. Unless school really went down the drain for those folks then they should at least have some grounding in basic history, including major social changes for the previous few centuries.
>>
>>11790727
never got the love it deserved
with CCA was longer so I could see more of the great designs it had and those fantastic MSVs
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1024x576
Resurfaced
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 1024x576
>>11795099
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1024x576
>>11795105
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 1024x576
>>11795110
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 1024x576
>>11795113
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 1024x576
>>11795115
>>
>>11795099
>>11795105
>>11795110
>>11795113
>>11795115
>>11795120
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>11795170
The globe they used in the final part of CCA
Don't tell me you don't recognize it.
>>
>>11794984
>Even if that's true, it doesn't matter because the same is true of this scenario. The EF giving rights to the Spacenoids to choose their own governors while still remaining part of the EF and to make other decisions that give them some self determination and reinforce their self worth won't change squat about who's really running the show, especially in the short term (the only one most people care about), nor will it change who owns businesses or is making money where, because most businesses are already making most of their money out in space apparently.
I wanted to say that EF had some problems which could be solved and there would be no wars between EF and Zeon movements.
>Good thing I wasn't talking about what the characters should be looking at then, but what I myself would look at - posted in response to you saying that another poster should look at what modern political powers are doing. Even if you want to take it from an in-universe point of view though, that's what history is for. Unless school really went down the drain for those folks then they should at least have some grounding in basic history, including major social changes for the previous few centuries.
Sorry, I don't get it.
>>
Cont >>11795207
Just in case if nobody knows
The globe in the last battle wasn't hand drawn nor CG, but filmed with an actual model.

Source
http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/8952446/
>>
>>11790697
>Char admitted he is only doing the whole thing as a ploy for revenge
No he did not, he was arguing against Amuro because Amuro insulted him about using Quess as a weapon, but retorted that Amuro shouldn't judge him because he killed Lalah.
>>
>>11790566
People arguing over Char's motives even to this day makes CCA a whole lot more fun and interesting to me.
>>
>>11794668
>When Zeon Deikun came up with this idea, newtypes weren't found yet or were not researched.

You do realize that this actually makes Zeon Zum Deikun actually more suspect, don't you? I mean, here is this random politician who's trying to get Spacenoids to support him who then arbitrarily declares, being neither a scientist, researcher or doctor, mind you, how everyone in space will evolve into these superior, enlightened beings while everyone on Earth is a damn, dirty inferior Earthnoid who is 'bound by gravity'. Seems kind of sketchy doesn't it? It kind of lends credence to Origin's portrayal of Deikun as being slightly unhinged.
>>
>>11796408

...so could one conclude then that everyone else who believed him is just as unhinged?
>>
>>11796274

Not to mention Advice Amuro.
>>
qwess and hathway still ruins the movie from getting to my top 10
>>
>>11796938
I'd say more that they were gullible/easily led, but considering that the default mode of most Zeon movements is 'commit mass murder and/or genocide', that conclusion is easily applicable as well.
>>
>>11797137

So could it be concluded that really what caused Zeon to come about is mass delusion that may or may have not been brought about by 50 + years of being in space/stir crazy in "cabins", read colonies or over exposure to cosmic radiation?
>>
>>11777771
>>11777777
>>
Just finished up the first half of the movie.

I actually really like Quess's characterization. She's basically a bonkers, privileged teenage girl that doing that thing that bonkers, privileged teenage girls do where they become ultra-involved in a sequence of whackadoo lifestyles (note that the first time you see her, it's with a bunch of hippies), except one of them in this case happens to be Space National Socialism. She's basically what would happen a Brooklynite Trust-Funder went up the gravity well.
>>
>>11777718
Good ending shit movie, same shit pacing as F91.

Since they're movies and not series maybe they're better to rewatch.
>>
>>11796408
Well, many economists were arguing about Marxism, but there are still many marxists around the world.
>>
File: 1143317240142.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1143317240142.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK9YuhGI8Zs
>>
>>
File: clown.jpg (480 KB, 1914x2110) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
clown.jpg
480 KB, 1914x2110
>>
>>11794058

Annihilation of Earthenoids and dictatorships. It's very Space Nazi-ish.
>>
>>11794058

Char is a newtype supremacist
>>
>>11788477

yes and there was no one in the cockpit.

thats why amuro is MIA.
>>
nvr4get
>>
>>11790598

1. Char was evil all along. This is supported by Zeta's Dakar Speech where Char basically shows the same ideals that he does in CCA. Char was never a good guy and tricked everyone into thinking that he was.

2. Char was lost faith in humanity after the events of ZZ. He was alive during this time even if he never showed up in the show. Humans fail to listen to his warnings and drop another colony on Earth. This is the motivation that Amuro believes in and states in CCA.

3. Char didn't care about Earth or Spacenoid independence and really just wanted to fight Amuro again. Everything he does is an excuse to get Amuro in the Nu and himself in the Sazabi for one final showdown. This is supported by Char's own words in CCA.

And yes, things being left to the viewers imagination is kind of the point. Its intentionally vague so that you question Char's true motives and the movie supports three different possibilities. Not everything has to be spelled out for the audience and you should be able to come to a conclusion based on what is presented. What is it with anime fans and wanting everything to be spoonfed to them? They come up with shit like headcanon to discourage analysis and interpretation.
>>
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMz7YHPIiI

Yeah, yeah, it's a game cutscene. Still nice thou.
>>
>>11803375

> And yes, things being left to the viewers imagination is kind of the point

Gee, it's almost like I said that and most of what you just said in my first post. Oh wait, that's because I did. And then stated that I think it'd still work better as on OVA for other reasons as well as allowing Tomino to clarify Char's motives IF he wanted to, but that he may not want to because he may wish to leave them up to the viewer's imagination as a deliberate decision.
>>
WE CAN SHARE THE HAPPINESS SAGASHITE YUKU
>>
>>11803375
>MUH CHAR IS EVIL
It's politics, son. There are no good or evil.
>Char was lost faith in humanity
Not in humanity, but in earthnoids.
>Char didn't care about Earth or Spacenoid independence and really just wanted to fight Amuro again.
"Am I such a small-minded person?"
The only reason of Char's failure is psycho-field. Nobody knew about this shit.
>>
man, imagine how 90's otaku lost their shit when tomino said this is supposed to be the last gundam show
>>
>>11797360

>a Brooklynite Trust-Funder

Oh...oh so she's an Essex Girl/Sloan Ranger who does not give two shits who's rod is in her as long as she climbs the social ladder?

Well, that and she's guilty of patricide.
>>
>>11804302
>"Am I such a small-minded person?"
This is Char, the guy who laughed as he screwed over Garma, sacrificed who knows how many people in his quest for revenge on the Zabis and sabotaged the AEUG-Axis negotiations because he didn't like Haman. He IS that small-minded a person.
>>
>>11804367
Dude, there was apparently a shitstorm when Zeta Gundam was announced.
>>
>>11788463
mah nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE6SAE1tCEE
>>
>>11788482
To show that she's an arrogant bitch.
>>
>>11804302
It's really a shame that Char's "fans" are so desperate to deny the most interesting, best-written aspects of his character. He was an asshole to the very end, and a pathetic little whiny bitch, and that's exactly what makes him such a great character.
>>
File: Unicorn06.png (3 MB, 1920x1072) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Unicorn06.png
3 MB, 1920x1072
>>11777718
I agree, my eyes only slightly watered at the end though
>>
Man, I hated Quess SO much.
>>
>>11805609
>He was an asshole to the very end, and a pathetic little whiny bitch, and that's exactly what makes him such a great character.

I think the main problem is this >>11806334

Most of these people have never seen the original Gundam, just the movies where he's a scheming asshole, maybe Zeta, and CCA where the only time he's really pathetic is when he drops the act at the end.

He was a useless bum in the original Gundam, where his iconic "it doesn't matter if it can't hit you" is followed up by him pissing himself at how powerful the Gundam's beam rifle is, where Lalah openly fucking says he's getting in her way, where she saves him from getting shot by Amuro with a bit and he STILL DOESN'T EVEN NOTICE HE WAS EVEN SHOT AT. It's not even the magnetic coating, he was jobbing in the Texas colony too (which was conveniently cut from the movies) even when he got the drop on Amuro and tried to shoot him in the back.

Char's pathetic but is a big arrogant asshole who acts like he's above everyone, and that's why I love him.
>>
File: 1341797178685.jpg (462 KB, 1701x1277) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1341797178685.jpg
462 KB, 1701x1277
Nu Gundam concept art where the funnels are supposed to look like a "cape".
>>
>>11811024
Holy hell, thank you for uploading that scan, I last saw it on /m/ like 5 years ago and regretted not saving it because I wanted to tell people about the fin funnel "barrel" concept but didn't think anyone would believe me.
>>
File: 1492832225506.jpg (330 KB, 500x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1492832225506.jpg
330 KB, 500x700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfVhd_A_EEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VclImsvvICk
>>
>>11811024

I like some of those skinny early heads.
>>
File: 125480269422.jpg (39 KB, 960x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
125480269422.jpg
39 KB, 960x720
>>11796958
>>11802051
Thank you Amuro for guiding Char to the events of CCA
>>
>>11805403
>the guy who laughed as he screwed over Garma
Can't see anything wrong here.
>sacrificed who knows how many people in his quest for revenge on the Zabis
The only one I can remember is real Char.
> sabotaged the AEUG-Axis negotiations because he didn't like Haman.
And yet Axis Zeon and AEUG were fighting together against Titans at the Gates of Zedan.
>>
>>11806794
Yes, she is "special".
But she acts quite realistic for a drawn girl from rich family.
>>
>>11790566
>It's a valid use of the term, because Char's motives in the film are pretty vague

Not really. End of Zeta, he makes it clear that he can't wait for humanity to become newtypes naturally, he wants to force it and he expresses frustration at Dr. Hasan for not agreeing.
>>
File: dummy.webm (3 MB, 912x492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dummy.webm
3 MB, 912x492
>that feel when you use dummies in Full Boost
they got mines in them just like in the movie.
I'm glad they added a new charge shot for Nu's beam rifle but still kept the dummies.
>>
File: regz1.webm (3 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
regz1.webm
3 MB, 720x388
>>
File: arm raker.webm (3 MB, 912x492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
arm raker.webm
3 MB, 912x492
>>
>>11777792
Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>11812884
>tfw when Gyunei isn't playable
aww just like Jerid.
>>
>>11796958
>>11802051
I always wonder if those are intended
>>
>>11813053
>ReGZ isn't playable
They just hate that thing don't they?
>>
File: msll9fh.png (315 KB, 640x680) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
msll9fh.png
315 KB, 640x680
>>11813373
what you talking about anon? ReGz is playable. its pretty good too.
>>
>>11813381
I need to stay caught on my Versus, also Chan is ear bleed inducing.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x509) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x509
Not my fault
>>
>>11813460
She could've been a mother with those breasts
>>
>>11812906
I like how these fuckers just casually shoot beams, as in, literally shoot moving beams with other beams.

The Fin Funnels do it too during that scene where Gyunei captures the Nu
>>
>>11813460
Other than the fucked up creepy Grudge eyes

brety gud
>>
>>11777718
>I cried at the ending
My /m/an.

I think what puzzles me the most is when some people say the Char development makes no sense.
From his quest for vengeance to his weakness in Zeta, CCA fully rounds out his tragic character.
The way he develops is probably the most poignant aspect of the story. Amuro moves on and inspires others with hope, whereas Char is the one really pulled down by gravity.
>>
>>11806839

Actually he nearly destroyed the Gundam in that Texas Colony fight, it took heavier damage there than it had up to that point in the show. I recal Char escaping because the Gundam actually couldn't pursue due to the damage.
>>
>>11812896

> Be ten years old, only seen Gundam Wing, EW and 2 of the MSG Trilogy movies ( 1st and 3rd)
> New Gundam movie at Bluckbuster
> SO EXCITED!
> This is happening within the first 5 minutes
> Never seen Mech battles this good
> Ultimate satisfaction

And CCA still does it for me like it used to 13 years( and countless viewings) later.
>>
>>11777792
Yeah CCA was totally the first thing that came to my mind.

It's a nice story but seriously?
>>
>>11777718
I really liked the part where Char says "I was sure my plan was flawless!" and the way he says it because it really shows his desperation and how much he believed in what he was doing.
>>
>>11813623

This, man. It took me a while to realize it, but the moment I realized it, everything started to make sense.

You know, weird thing with CCA is, at first I thought it was a bunch of nonsense and the dialogue barely made any sense. But then I got around to see it again, and everything changed. Suddenly the movie made sense to me. Not a lot of movies benefit from multiple viewings, but CCA is one of those.
>>
>>11813632
>Actually he nearly destroyed the Gundam in that Texas Colony fight, it took heavier damage there than it had up to that point in the show. I recal Char escaping because the Gundam actually couldn't pursue due to the damage.
He snuck up behind Amuro and shot him in the back and STILL failed to defeat the Gundam, and when Amuro gave chase he pussied out so hard that even though the Gundam was too crippled to follow him he faked an explosion to play dead because he was scared that Amuro might catch up anyway.
>>
File: saz.webm (3 MB, 912x492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
saz.webm
3 MB, 912x492
>>
>>11813460
That face is terrible. And breasts are too big.
>>
>>
File: apathetic.webm (3 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
apathetic.webm
3 MB, 720x388
>>
File: clash of ideals.webm (3 MB, 712x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
clash of ideals.webm
3 MB, 712x384
>>
File: shaaarmuro.webm (3 MB, 912x492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shaaarmuro.webm
3 MB, 912x492
>egosorewa
>>
I don't understand why the zakus were helping move the asteroid too.
>>
>>11817548
They admired the sacrifice of Amuro and saw how their leader acted like a complete dumbfuck, so some of them decided to help the poor guy trying to push the axis around.
>>
>>11817562
Yeah I assumed it was a change of heart.
>>
>>
File: sieg deikun.webm (3 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sieg deikun.webm
3 MB, 720x388
>>
File: Jegans fuckyeah.webm (3 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jegans fuckyeah.webm
3 MB, 720x388
>>
>>11777718
>best piece of Japanese animation ever made.
You're not alone.
>I cried
I cried because the animation and choreography is so goddamn beautiful.
>>11805521
>best ending song ever
I had to click on it just because it's there.
>>
File: snipe.webm (3 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
snipe.webm
3 MB, 720x388
>>
File: CSa.webm (3 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CSa.webm
3 MB, 720x388
>>
File: YEAHJEGANYEAH.webm (1 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
YEAHJEGANYEAH.webm
1 MB, 720x388
>>
File: adults.webm (2 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
adults.webm
2 MB, 720x388
>>
File: spaceroll.webm (2 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spaceroll.webm
2 MB, 720x388
>>
File: kayra.webm (3 MB, 920x496) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kayra.webm
3 MB, 920x496
>>
File: zeofleet.webm (2 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zeofleet.webm
2 MB, 720x388
>>
File: nuloop.webm (573 KB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nuloop.webm
573 KB, 720x388
>>
File: nualpha.webm (2 MB, 720x388) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nualpha.webm
2 MB, 720x388
>>
File: nuR2.webm (3 MB, 712x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nuR2.webm
3 MB, 712x384
>>
>>11818831
Is it odd that I find giant robots fighting each other ok, but her going out into space like that just makes me think "wtf"?
>>
File: alpha.webm (3 MB, 712x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alpha.webm
3 MB, 712x384
>>
File: monitortest.webm (3 MB, 912x492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
monitortest.webm
3 MB, 912x492
>>
>>11818332
Damn, Nanai is good.
>>
>>11818870
No?

Isn't the near-vacuum of space supposed to like, make your insides your outsides? Not to mention the fact that it's all but absolute zero?
>>
>>11819147
No, not really. Just close up your orifices.

A vacuum is absolutely nothing - there's no matter, so it can't have a temperature.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/survival-in-space-unprotected-possible/
>>
>>11819160
Damn it science-fiction, why do you have to be as bad at fantasy when it comes to portraying the foundation of your fucking genre?
>>
>>11818811

I didn't realize that Jegan had shields that could tank beams like that, good find.
>>
>>11819147
>>11818870
>2014
>retards still think that a vacuum will freeze you solid and turn you inside-out at the same time because that makes total sense

wow

go back to middle school
>>
>>11819147
If you do explode, it's because Sci-fI writers think your blood pressure inside your body pushing against your vessels roughly exerts a pressure of 1 atmosphere, and when it's gone you pop
This of course doesn't make sense because humans can stand low pressure zones
>>
File: aa.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aa.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>11819258
Have you seen Unicorn?
>>
File: .......gif (476 KB, 450x282) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
.......gif
476 KB, 450x282
>>11819260
I have a feeling you meant to post this. Here you go.
>>
>>11819170

Because no one yet to anyones knowledge has had, let alone died and was observed to have died in those conditions.
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 56
Thread DB ID: 26662



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.