[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret project, now with some test animation edition. Updat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Test stuff.webm (3MB, 600x338px)
Test stuff.webm
3MB, 600x338px
Secret project, now with some test animation edition.

Updates:
I'm still animating stuff at weekends for it.
I'm doing the ideas and story but the script will be finalised by my old pal Ben Wood, who's a far better writer than I and has had a house custom built in Japan from his pro videogame translator earnings. So if nothing else at least the writing will be good.
Mechmaster is still working on the main mech models. As soon as I get one, I'll do some test animation and post it up.

Last time:
https://archive.moe/m/thread/11086599/#q11086599

The time before that:
http://4archive.org/m/res/10954810

Throw me your love, your hate, and all of your comments!
>>
>>11370768
looks neat

the guide things on entry on the hud reminds me of Aliens (or was that Alien?)
>>
>>11370768
NOICE
>>
File: _00.07_[2014.09.14_22.41.01].jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_00.07_[2014.09.14_22.41.01].jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>11370781
That was Alien. It stuck in my mind and I'm trying to get homages to films I love in there so, yeah...
Since the OVA will basically be 4 people in mechs, we're thinking the character interaction will be very "Predator."
Just with tank-style combat and that 08th MS team vibe.
Me and Ben are really keen on getting a script together that is as quotable and memorable as Robocop.
>>
Next scene: a woman is in the shower and shes being agressive about rubbing whats coming out of the shower head Into her body. Twist: shes a robot and lasers are coming out of the shower and shes using it to charge her fuel cells.
>>
>>11370802
If its like robocop you need a co ed shower scene.
>>
>>11370821
yeah like odd angles and sillouettes until the big reveal for the twist
>>
>>11370821
>>11370829
>>11370832

This stuff is practically writing itself.
>>
I think the cel shaded asteroids look weird, especially since they're mixed in with the painted style ones in the background. Overall it looks great though
>>
>>11370873
Yeah, the asteroids in the foreground looked really wobbly.
>>
>>11370768
What do you budget something that quality for 22 mins? Id like to produce in a couple of years and im wondering how much money ill need.
>>
>>11370873
Also if I want to get really specific:
>The dropship moves from the dark side of the planet to the light side but there isn't really a difference in how it's lit
>The boundary between the planet's atmosphere and space should be a little less defined
>>
>>11370829
>Robocop
>Not Starship Troopers
>>
>>11371021
>>11371021
Robocop did it first. Same director. You just dont remember because there were less hot girls in the robocop scene.
>>
>>11371021
It was a motif verhoeven used to desexualize the female characters and reduce sexual tension between the protags while at the same time providing t and a.
>>
>>11371084
Nowadays it would just be seen as the patriarchy trampling over feminism as usual though.
You'd better pay attention to the SJWs, otaking.
>>
>>11371100
Movies with large international appeal like transformers 4's overseas gross, have proven that the purchasing power of sjw brainwashed americans is irrelevant and that you can make whatever the fuck you want and find an audience for it as long as you dont spend too much making it.
>>
>>11370768
Your Rotoscoping has gotten much better.

Not sure how attached you are to the look of the planet, but it's pretty shit, particularly the sky. It makes the planet look like it's the size of a moon and it looks like the atmosphere is getting more dense the closer it is to space.
>>
>>11371084
>>11371068
Really depends on what you're aiming for.

>A 10 second walk by the shower
Robocop
>A 5 minute conversation about what motivates people
Starship Troopers
>>
>>11370768
That's bretty neat bro.
>>
So I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what's up with the Star Wars thing?
>>
>>11370768
I really like the first shot of the planet where the sky looks separated from the ground and not a simple flat look.
>>
>>11371530
I'm betting the day after Lucas sold out he got a C&D from the House of Mouse
>>
>>11371530

Last I heard he was waiting on his associate to make the 'last five seconds' of music.
>>
The asteroids at the start look a little...odd to me. Too angular and smooth, almost more like metal than rock.
>>
File: output.webm (3MB, 500x375px)
output.webm
3MB, 500x375px
Sorry, had to sleep. For a hundred years.

>>11371530
>So I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what's up with the Star Wars thing?

Still waiting on that last few seconds of music. The good news is that the composer is moving into my place with me and my housemate, so there's no way he can avoid doing it once he's here.
The moment it's done, I'll render it out and upload to Youtube.

>>11371931
>I'm betting the day after Lucas sold out he got a C&D from the House of Mouse

The Lucas folks have been really nice about it actually. They don't want to, you know, show it or anything to my knowledge but I've gotten some really nice comments on it from some pretty high-up people.
Certainly no cease and decists.

>>11371322
>Your Rotoscoping has gotten much better.

Cheers! What I did this time is just rotoscoped the keyframes (so, like 5 frames on each of the pilots) and then inbetweened the rest myself. So if it looks more natural then I guess that's why.

>>11371322
>Not sure how attached you are to the look of the planet, but it's pretty shit, particularly the sky.

Hmmm, yeah. It's my first time doing 3D texture mapping, so I think what it needs is a better painting. I have to paint the ground and the clouds at huge size so they'll wrap and not look stretched, so it's a bit of a pain, but I'm still figuring it out.

>>11370873
>I think the cel shaded asteroids look weird, especially since they're mixed in with the painted style ones in the background.
>>11371953
>The asteroids at the start look a little...odd to me. Too angular and smooth, almost more like metal than rock.

I figured I could get away with it because Macross Plus does a similar thing (attached webm related). Maybe it doesn't looks as out of place in Mac Plus because the sequence is faster and action-y?
>>
Giant pivoting engines are my fetish.
>>
>>11374021
I don't think it looks that good in Macross either (though a bit better than yours because the brown colouring and shape make them look a bit more organic). I'd say keep the asteroids 2d paintings or model 3d asteroids and give them a painterly rock texture.
>>
This stuff is really cool, this is actually kind of inspiring, I hope to work on stuff like this in the future after I'm farther into studies and have a good portfolio built up.

If you have an animation studio and are still making stuff like this a few years down the line I'd actually like to contact you.
Whats you're plan for the future?
>>
File: Captain Power.webm (3MB, 600x450px)
Captain Power.webm
3MB, 600x450px
>>11374040

But... but... muh animated rocks....
>>
>>11374104
>Whats you're plan for the future?

Haha, um.. no idea. I just like animating. In terms of setting up a studio, that's more VF's field.
>>
>>11374021
even in the macross scene it still "sticks" out, just it works better since they also had an action scene going on
>>
I don't know if anyone has asked you this yet, but Otaking, have you been watching Blue Blazes? I think you'd find it really interesting.
>>
>>11370768
Those rocks at the beginning almost look like squiggle vision with how inconsistently they're drawn
>>
>>11375166
Oh come on. They're not that bad.
>>
>>11370768

Please do more Itano circuses whenever you have an excuse to do so. It makes me Keilas Guile go off.
>>
Lovely as always Paul, but just as always you're objects look a bit jittery.

You're getting good at this perspective shit, it almost looks like a 3D model
>>
>>11376719
>it almost looks like a 3D model
he rotoscoped you know
>>
>>11376749
w-what
>>
>>11376760
see
>>11374021
also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0taAlZ_MxA&list=UURBNWKYrybXl2Un6-ejwx8g
>>
>CG

Bad, bad Otaking!
>>
>>11374106
Nah.

Just use 2D rocks. Everything else is pretty amazing, of course.
>>
File: 1350753338312.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1350753338312.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>11376920
> thinking CG is bad
Quit it, there's nothing wrong with it, It just needed to get better from the old time and it did.

I would totally watch a full series of MS IGLOO 2 quality (even the reaction face yes)
>>
>>11378906
my brah
>>
>>11370768
space is much bigger than that. the movements seem all wrong, they would have to go at much higher speed and crusing on more or less inertial trajectories.

It's too wonky, it looks more like a motorcycle doing some turns or whatever and not like a spaceship.
>>
>>11379453
Looks just like a big anime ship flypast in LOGH or Captain Harlock to me, man.
>>
>>11379467
No, something seems really off how the perspective changes. I could probably ignore the unrealistic physics if the camera didn't bounce around like a kid with ADD.

The combination of both just makes it more jarring.
>>
The planet is the issue here. It either needs to be MUCH much larger or further away.
>>
>>11379605
something seems wrong with the asteroids too.

and then there are framerate issues i think, at some points objects seem to jump slightly. i.e. it seems juddery
>>
>>11378906

I enjoyed IGLOO 2 a lot. Even the Spirit of Zeon parts.
>>
>>11370768
Dat dropship... Dat Battlezone 2 reference!
>>
>/m/ circlejerking around crappiest animator ever existed on this side of deviantart
nothing new here, eh.
>>
>>11383128

Someone's bitter.

Envious, maybe? Got something to show us to prove your net cred?
>>
>>11370768
Something's off with the parallax on the background vs. the rocks. Makes everything look fake and cartoony, and makes the planet look miniscule.
>>
>>11370768
Cool. The ships remind me of Homeworld, though I'll agree with others that the asteroids do look a bit odd and out of place.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.