[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Metal Gear games /m/? If so - let's talk about Peace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: peace walker.jpg (446KB, 1334x980px) Image search: [Google]
peace walker.jpg
446KB, 1334x980px
Are Metal Gear games /m/?

If so - let's talk about Peace Walker, the most mech/vehicle heavy game of the series?
>>
>Are these giant robot games /m/?
Why do we even still get these questions?
>>
MGSV Phantom Pain release date leaked as March 17, 2015
>>
File: 1400254432777.jpg (155KB, 992x426px) Image search: [Google]
1400254432777.jpg
155KB, 992x426px
>>11095967
FUCK, I want to play that so bad. I thought it was coming out this year.
>>
>>11095727
The tank/copter/apc missions get really annoying when its just the same shit but with jacked up reinforcements and ridiculous health bars

Even with a full co-op team they're stronger then the actual mechs and its fucking ridiculous
>>
>>11095727
>ULTIMATE CO-OP WEAPON: HUMAN SLINGSHOT!

I really hope that Phantom Pain has some great silly weapons like that.
>>
This is turning into a /v/ discussion and not a /m/ discussion.
>>
[SNAKE]

What did you mean by "the Ghost in the Machine"?

[STRANGELOVE]

Oh, that... It's a term coined by the philosopher Gilbert Ryle. You've heard of Descartes, yes?

[SNAKE]

"I think, therefore I am..."

[STRANGELOVE]

That is the one. Descartes espoused the dualistic theory of mind and body. He believed that our thinking minds exist in a separate dimension from our bodies, which are governed by the laws of physics. But if that were true, then couldn't you say that a mechanical "body" inhabited by a ghost "mind" is a human being? Ryle criticized Descartes on those grounds, saying such a thing surely wouldn't be human.

[SNAKE]

Why'd you bring it up?

[STRANGELOVE]

I wasn't thinking of Ryle in particular when I said it. I simply thought that if a person is composed of a machine and a ghost, perhaps the opposite is true as well. Perhaps by placing a ghost inside a machine, we could in effect give birth to a new person.
>>
>>11095967
Seriously or trolling? Source?
>>
File: REXvsRAY.jpg (2MB, 2049x1962px) Image search: [Google]
REXvsRAY.jpg
2MB, 2049x1962px
I fixed my PSPs joystick the other day. So I can finally play PW and other psp games again. Kinda lost my touch in the years I didn't play it.

Anyone buy the REX Koto? I'd get it if it wasn't so expensive
>>
I love it. The bite sized missions helped. Had it been a regular MGS game on the PSP, don't know if I can deal with long ass cutscenes on a tiny screen.
>>
Are the stories to these games as mind-bogglingly stupid as they appear at a glance? Even the codenames are cringe inducing.
>>
>>11098997
Don't ever ask about MGS2 is all I'd say. Enjoy the plot like any fun science fiction and you won't have trouble.

So yes, you're right, sort of.
>>
File: 1216331676774.png (30KB, 124x137px) Image search: [Google]
1216331676774.png
30KB, 124x137px
Lah, la lah, la la lah, la la lah. Lah la lah la la, la la lah.

Firing Boosters
>>
>>11098997
They arent hard to figure out if you actually play the games
>>
>>11098997

They're not stupid, just very complex and twisty.

The codenames are dumb and some of the dialogue is gloriously cheesy, but the plots themselves are always very meaty and enjoyable.
>>
>>11099438
4 was fucking awful just complete garbage.
>>
>>11099463

I only had a problem with the very end where they explain that it wasn't actually Liquid, but I have a feeling that was because someone made an internal request to leave that door open in future games.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.