[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rifts Mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 38

File: Battleram.png (1MB, 1588x2027px) Image search: [Google]
Battleram.png
1MB, 1588x2027px
Honestly, I always felt that Rifts had better mechs than Battletech. Too many blocks with holes drilled in them from the latter, I guess.
>>
File: Cycmech.png (181KB, 622x757px) Image search: [Google]
Cycmech.png
181KB, 622x757px
>>
File: DeathKnight.png (385KB, 501x708px) Image search: [Google]
DeathKnight.png
385KB, 501x708px
>>
File: Dolpharmor.png (147KB, 758x342px) Image search: [Google]
Dolpharmor.png
147KB, 758x342px
The infamous Dolphin Power Armor.
>>
File: Borgbike.png (109KB, 879x590px) Image search: [Google]
Borgbike.png
109KB, 879x590px
Big Bikes.
>>
File: Merbot.png (241KB, 379x957px) Image search: [Google]
Merbot.png
241KB, 379x957px
No, this is not power armor for mermaids.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>10984542
That...

Actually looks great. Reminds me of the Garland a bit
>>
>>
File: GB.jpg (79KB, 615x449px) Image search: [Google]
GB.jpg
79KB, 615x449px
I remember in High School we did a Rifts game based on Gundam X and everyone thought it was the shit.
Mostly cause only the GM knew what Gundam X was cause he pirated the show off Kazaa or some shit and we were totally blew away.
>>
>>10984411
Anything has better mechs than Battletech. But yeah, Rifts is pretty cool.
>>
>>10984588
Fucking love it.
>>
>>10984793
>not loving ugly, blocky, superchunk mechs
>>
>>10985052
Not so much hating blocky mechs, but the fact that at the time, so many of Battletech's were poorly done. Random panel shapes and everything was just a round hole or stubby barrel sticking straight out with no articulation.
>>
>>10985052
>liking shit mechs
Not surprising from Battletech fans, though.
>>
These are some sweet-looking mechs.

Is there anything smaller and/or self-operating?
>>
>>
>>10988332
Most Rifts mechs are only about 20ft tall as it is. Power Armor goes from wearer-sized to 10 ft. at the tallest.

There's also Robot horses like this baby here, which is more of a deluxe model.
>>
>>10988358
Here's a Unicorn-style model. The horn is a silver-plated vibroblade, on the off chance you get attacked by vampires or demons while out on a ride.
>>
>>10984735
Did you re-enact the plot of the show or was it more about the lead-up to the world getting fucked before the series starts?
>>
File: Pred2.png (332KB, 1240x1603px) Image search: [Google]
Pred2.png
332KB, 1240x1603px
The Predator II, a New German Power Armor from Triax 2
>>
I think I really need to mention how cool Chuck Walton's art in the most recent books has been.
>>
File: Griffon.png (423KB, 867x734px)
Griffon.png
423KB, 867x734px
The Griffon has only one purpose: Make bloody chunks of Gargoyle fall from the sky
>>
File: Talon.png (305KB, 858x835px)
Talon.png
305KB, 858x835px
>>
Bio-Steeds: Nature's mecha (kind of)
>>
>>
>>
>>10988637
gettin some strong Ryuoh vibes here
>>
Another Lemurian Bio-Steed serpent
>>
>>
Speaking of Biotech, "Splicers" is another Palladium game best described as "Guyver vs The Terminator": Army of robots tries to wipe out humanity and humans fight back with bio-tech.
>>
Host Armor is one of the key weapons in the Resistance's arsenal. It's pretty much Bio-Booster armor with a wider variety of shapes and weapons.
>>
A Swarmlord. Think Shino from Naruto, or that bee guy form Ninja Scroll on steroids.
>>
War Mounts are pretty much bio-engineered monsters ridden into battle. Their roles range from cavalry transport to artillery to frontline combat and air support. In addition to being tough enough to tear apart a tank (because sometimes they have to), they often have the same bio-weapons as Host Armors.
>>
Dogs are Man's Best Friend, and Packmasters continue that legacy with genetically-engineered hounds.
>>
Gorehounds are spliced from various dog breeds crossed with an alien form.
>>
Yes, another word for "Alien Form is "Xenomorph". Why do you ask?
>>
>>
File: Splicers_Dracos_by_madjaguar.jpg (529KB, 1071x896px) Image search: [Google]
Splicers_Dracos_by_madjaguar.jpg
529KB, 1071x896px
>>
>>10988758
This appeals to me.

How does it play?
>>
>>10988773
>>10988651
>>10988655
>>10988611
This prompt responses in me that are normally reserved for Bubblegum Crisis.
Is there more?
>>
>>10984411
>Rifts had better mechs than Battletech.

Totally true, that. Too bad the game sucks. Still, some fairly keen mecha.

>>10989082

It is an AWFUL game system. :-(
>>
>>10989082

we're talking about rifts here. it's basically as outdated as bt, but it never had a playable core to begin with.
>>
>>10989082
Honestly, I never had the chance to play myself, just liked the setting. As you can see, I've heard it's pretty bad, but it still has its fans.
>>
>>10990594
Plenty, but I can't post until later.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.