[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I can still tend the rabbits, George? I didn't mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 378470_original.jpg (315KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
378470_original.jpg
315KB, 900x600px
>I can still tend the rabbits, George? I didn't mean no harm, George.

What books make tears happen?
>>
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/34030960/sam-venable-santa-grants-a-final-wish-to-a-tn-boy
>>
>>8840708
To kill a mockingbird...and bridge to terabithia (sp?)
>>
>>8840708
when orr was pleading with yoss to fly with him

:(
>>
>>8840708
Were those ear rings standard issue in the Wermacht?
>>
>>8841043
They were if you were randoooom LOL XD
>>
>>8841043
Are you worried about earrings when she can't even adjust the chin strap?
>>
>>8841043
Haven't been around this board for long, so I don't quite 'know the drill' - but the fact that you capitalized the noun leads me to believe you care.
So in case you're curious, it's "Wehrmacht", coming from "wehren"(German, to defend), not "wer" (Common Germanic, man - might know it as "were" in English).
>>
File: winter_uniform.jpg (95KB, 800x726px) Image search: [Google]
winter_uniform.jpg
95KB, 800x726px
>>8841043

A volkish German lass wouldn't wear such tawdry things! The healthful beauty of Aryan womanhood needs no such accoutrements. Indeed, at the Strength-Through-Joy spa at which I am employed we go about stark naked, delighting in the youthful vigor of our bodies.
>>
Was I the only one who felt no emotion whatsoever reading Of Mice and Men? Steinbeck's writing does nothing for me. I just wanted that big fat, stupid fuck to kick the bucket t he entire time.

On the other hand moments like >>8841036 and when McWatt kills Kid Sampson and then himself. One of the few times that I bawled while reading a book.
>>
Although we are lit we tend not to criticize spelling too much. We can all see it we (mostly) are well read. It's just one of those things he might have been excited when writing, driving, drunk. Anything is possible we all fuck up so in future just recognize the fault pat yourself on the back then carry on. Welcome to 4chins /lit/ board
>>
>>8841249
Everyone seemed to ease up with smart phones being a thing.

However, if I ever catch an apostrophe that shouldn't be there in the title of a famous book by a famous author I swear to god I'm tracking that pseud down.
>>
>>8841571
You mean like Finnegan's Wake?
>>
>>8841223
The entire last section of Catch-22 really.

the long, detailed death of an extremely minor character quickly followed by "Oh, and Nately died too."
Aarfy revealing himself as a total lunatic out of nowhere."
The sudden realization that Yoss and Hungry Joe are the only ones left."
>>
>>8841652
Something something gorilla warfare something something.
>>
>>8840708
Thus Spoke Zarathustra

>His soul, however, became impatient and full of longing for those whom he loved: because he had still much to give them. For this is hardest of all: to close the open hand out of love, and keep modest as a giver.
>>
>I can still tend the rabbis, George?
>>
File: abrac ad abra.jpg (151KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
abrac ad abra.jpg
151KB, 600x852px
>>8841249
I imagine that was a reply to me (>>8841073) - thanks for the welcome.
The correct spelling of German words can be a challenge even for native Germans - a lot of things are counterintuitive or seem redundant.

Bit of trivia never hurt anyone, I reckon.
Cheers.
>>
File: tsoyw.jpg (32KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
tsoyw.jpg
32KB, 307x475px
>>
The ending of 1984 made me cry a bit
>>
File: 1429559007807.jpg (80KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1429559007807.jpg
80KB, 645x773px
Yozo's final lines in No Longer Human
> “Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness. Everything passes.
That is the one and only thing I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell. Everything passes.This year I am twenty-seven. My hair has become much greyer. Most people would take me for over forty.”
>>
Tell me again about the rabbits George.
>>
>>8841693
but then
Orr is still alive and well... Right?
>>
>>8840708
The Things They Carried
>>
>>8841073
shut the fuck up, nerd.
>>
>>8841171
Who is this Samen-Dämon?
>>
>>8841905
Hannelore
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.