[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The End of the Tour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (1MB, 1125x791px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1125x791px
What did /lit/ think of this movie?
>>
Idris Elba should've played DFW
>>
The hanging scene was a bit tasteless.
>>
>no Harold Bloom cameo
They had one job... guess they weren't paid enough for it
>>
>>7694087

>Harold Bloom shows up
>Everyone on /lit/ gasps about what this wise man will speak on screen during the reading scene after DFW has finished
>He does nothing but recite how awful and bland the Harry Potter series is and if you're reading Rowling then you're training yourself to read Stephen King
>>
kinda offensive how well they got his shitty look down
the hair, the face
>>
File: picture about pain.jpg (49KB, 692x694px) Image search: [Google]
picture about pain.jpg
49KB, 692x694px
>>7694087
>there will never be a DFW/Bloom cross-country road trip farcical comedy
helLP me
>>
>>7694279

>David and Harold go on a road trip getting into all sorts of hijanks, because DFW had accidentally sent in a finished manuscript of The Pale King, when he only meant to send in half.
>Meanwhile back at home Jonathan Franzen is tasked to house sit for David and look after his dogs, bored out of his mind he pretends to be DFW, wearing his clothes, spare bandanas, adopting his mannerisms, throwing house parties and all sorts of other hilarious shit
>John Green has a cameo
>>
File: 150909_confucius.jpg (38KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
150909_confucius.jpg
38KB, 600x398px
>>7694087
>Bloom shows up
>No discernable talent
>>
>>7694026
this movie was a meme author, and had no discernible talent. He was shitposting, and is literally genre tier fiction. clearly a juvenile author.
>>
>>7694320 and in other threads

Life's too short for that.
>>
>>7694300
>there's an extended sequence where David and Bloom are slipping on tennis balls while chasing the last few pages of The Pale King that got caught in the wind
>>
File: harald_blome.jpg (227KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
harald_blome.jpg
227KB, 620x412px
>>7694268
>>7694087
What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of years ago when I was asked to comment on Jason Siegel. I went to the theater and bought a ticket and attended a screening of "The End of the Tour." I suffered a great deal in the process. The screenplay was dreadful; the movie was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character exited the stage, the subtitles wrote instead that the character "stretched his neck." I began tugging on my belt every time that subtitle was repeated. I stopped only after I had tugged on the belt several dozen times. I was incredulous. The End of the Tour is so haunted by lack of talent and dead filmmakers that it has no other style of captioning.
>>
File: dem.jpg (44KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
dem.jpg
44KB, 500x540px
>>7694334
>insinuating that it's all the same person
>>
Its not about anything.
Its not really very revealing about Wallace and the movie ends up being more about Lipsky and how jelly he was of this "one time" he predicted something about the success of something/one else and how this was his sole accomplishment in life and just now lipsky just realized that with wallace dead he's basically free to steal his personal section of someoen elses life so he can be famous
>>
better than I expected (didn't have much expectations)

But probably only because I like Wallaxe
>>
Bloom: Young man, you have missed the exit.
DFW: Was that the—? Gosh.
Bloom: This is a travesty.
>>
Flaming pile of dung. DFW/Segel is a potato spewing armchair philosophy after 420blazing offset. They could have picked someone better suited for the role, no idea why the hell they picked Segel.
>>
>>7694339
This is a little off topic, but I had a pretty weird dream last night about Stephen King for some reason.

So the dream started off with me being in some RV with a bunch of other people, it had something to do with an orgy or sex or something, then we had to stop at a gas station which had a diner next to it for fuel.
I needed to go to the bathroom, so I went into the diner, and met a kid that I knew from real life about 10 years ago, except he was still a kid. Then I was looking around the room and saw Stephen King, so I went up to him and shook his hand.
I told him how much I liked his work (I've never read any of his books) and he asked me if I was/am going to some con thing for his books and shit and I said that I couldn't afford it.
Then he said something else which I can't remember, then he started coughing a lot, and he started to get thinner right in front of me. He was pulling his head back for some reason. At this point he was holding tightly onto my arm.
There were like two guards with him for some reason, one of them was a woman. Before they got to me, King's skin and flesh had disappeared, and all that was left was a black skeleton, and for some reason a blue baseball cap, because he was wearing that before he died.
I was sitting beside his skeleton trying to figure out what to do when I remembered that the RV would leave without me, so I told the kid I knew from years ago to go tell them to wait for me. I told him it was the pale peach colored RV. As he was about to leave the driver of the RV, who happened to be a woman, came in telling people that were three extra spots on the van because people had left. I tried telling her to wait for me as I would be joining them soon, but had a situation right now, and she just ignored me like I wasn't there.

So yeah, that's pretty much all I remember of the dream. Thought I'd share it because why not.
>>
>>7694300

>Harold Bloom gets an invitation to meet his favorite living author, Thomas Pynchon
>DFW, jealous, traps Pynchon in a rocket
>DFW disguises himself as Pynchon by taking off his bandana and glasses and wearing a fake set of buck teeth
>DFW meets Bloom and makes himself look like an ass by talking about his acid flashbacks and saying, "Tee-hee! Aren't I ironic?"
>Bloom doesn't see through his disguise and still professes his admiration and asks for a book to be written for him
>DFW, caught up in his act tries to publish a book under Pynchon's name
>it's called Vineland and Bloom hates it and finally figures out it's not really Pynchon
>DFW reveals himself, apologizes, and gives a heartfelt speech about how he was just under the anxiety of Pynchon's influence
>Bloom says they'd better check on how the real Pynchon's doing
>while trying to free Pynchon from the rocket, DFW accidently launches it and it crashes into Stephen King's house
>Bloom and DFW start to laugh and high-five, freeze frame, roll credits
>>
>>7694362
They were only together for a few days IRL weren't they? You're not going to have any earth-shattering insights into the personality of someone you hung out with for a week or less.
>>
It's a fun soothing watch, even though it has no substance and is mostly just famous dfw quote namedropping and forced awkwardness.
>>
>>7694791
but then why make the movie?
He's basically hijacking someone else's life withou their approval about how theyll be represented.
He's making i about HIM or no reason and no one gives a shit about him to be honest
Thats why the movie sucks
>>
>>7694300
Can we make this real /lit/? Will someone write a screenplay?
>>
>>7694377
If you like Dave at all I have no idea why you enjoyed the movie.
>>
>>7694799
Self-promotion, money, etc. The same reason any even remotely big film is released. If you're sitting on material that'll make you money there's no real reason not to use it even if the end result will be mediocre at best.
>>
>>7694762
an animated masterpiece
>>
>>7694762
This is really awful and makes you sound like a fucking idiot

>>7694300
This is actually good
>>
>>7694949
i think the reverse, actually
>>
File: 1446683083867~01.jpg (8KB, 168x182px) Image search: [Google]
1446683083867~01.jpg
8KB, 168x182px
>>7694339
>stretched his neck
>>
>>7694693
Stephen King does look like his skin is trying to pull away from him, to be honest. I can understand the associations of ideas
>>
>>7694026

the enjoyment you get from the movie inversely correlates with how familiar you are of his thinking beforehand. if you know everything about him already it's not that great. if you don't you will enjoy it a lot
>>
>>7694026
I didn't know freaks and geeks guy played him. It's seems like a good choice but I haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>7694430
underrated post
>>
File: 1455242431028.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455242431028.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>>7694026
Currently watching it as this thread reminded me of it. Am about 30 minutes in and had to pause it. I mean, I havent read any DFW but I more or less understood what his whole shtick was - hurr im such a loser but at least im honest right - however this is just so TIRING.. I cant imagine what reading his books is like
>>
>>7696272
what made you post this picture
>>
>>7696451
so I could get peoples attention and see what they respond with
>>
>>7694026

Broken Arrow was my favorite movie when I was a little kid. I'd malinger to my mom in the mornings so I could stay at home from school and watch it twice in a row.

When DFW saw it at the cinema, that was when I realized I too am a genius, and have been since I was a little child.
>>
>>7696272
That picture makes me angry.
>>
>>7694693

So basically, your dream was about you getting cucked by Stephen King.
>>
>>7694345

It's too shitty a meme for anyone else than the creator to repost it. A meme only a mother could love.
>>
>>7696464
Bad choice, I didn't read your post.
>>
>>7696272

>I mean, I havent read any DFW but I more or less understood what his whole shtick was

Idiot or sophisticated troll? The choice of pic implies the latter.
>>
>>7694825
we managed to write a few books so why not?
>>
>>7696483
Ive watched his insufferable interviews and have read way too many posts about him on /lit/. What are you so butthurt about, that he's so shallow that people can accurately understand him even without actually reading his books?
>>
>>7696480
I still got you to respond, nimrod
>>
>that last scene
lel
>>
>>7696496
You do not truly find this interaction satisfying.
>>
I thought his Rolling Stone interview was his least interesting and I really can't stand Jesse Eisenberg... I watched it though and it was as bad as I expected.

This is still his most interesting interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkxUY0kxH80
but everyone's seen it. He tries his best to articulate not so easy questions while battling through his struggles of extremely strong anxiety.
>>
>>7696488
Let's do it.
>>
>>7696465
same
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.