[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good history books/biographies about the Roman Empire and its rulers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (141KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 640x960px
good history books/biographies about the Roman Empire and its rulers?
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>7686829
Fuck off

>>7686811
Suetonius' Lives of the Caesars

Tacitus' Annals and Histories
>>
>>7686811

This is technically historical fiction but check out I, Claudius...it's a great book and written like the autobiography of Claudius.

I think you'd enjoy it, it has a lot of what you're looking for.
>>
>>7686829
he's asking for books, not discussion of the topic.
>>
>>7687172
and don't you think that would be better served on a board that specializes in history instead of getting babby-tier suggestions like suetonius, tacitus, livy, graves etc
>>
>>7687188
Do you think /his/ is filled with scholars?

They'd just recommend him some shitty podcasts and a pop-history book. It would be better than your vapid contribution, but a primary source would still be better.

And how is Suetonius a 'babby-tier' suggestion? OP asked for biographies that cover the lives of emperors, Suetonius does just that. Most good editions would have a bibliography with a plethora of further reading.

Tacitus would be an excellent partner to Suetonius also, as they cover a similar period.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.