[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm halfway through this faggot's poetry oeuvre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed (2).jpg (9KB, 286x289px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).jpg
9KB, 286x289px
So I'm halfway through this faggot's poetry oeuvre and it fucking blows. Jesus, how pretentious can you get? Why write poetry if your purpose in it is to make it obscure and difficult to understand? So you can feel better about your miserable virgin life by thinking yourself more intellectually sophisticated?

I hope his litcrit and Christian works are somewhat better. Jee-zus.
>>
pleb detected

back to r/books
>>
File: EliotShig.jpg (40KB, 316x297px) Image search: [Google]
EliotShig.jpg
40KB, 316x297px
>>7686416
>Why write poetry if your purpose in it is to make it obscure and difficult to understand?
If you think Eliot is esoteric holy shit you are a pleb
>>
>>7686452
>references to esoteric arboreal rituals
>needless lines in other languages
>not esoteric
>>
>>7686460
That's only one or two poems mate.
All of prufrock and other observations is easily understandable and not obscure.
The hollow men is relatively straight forward.
Ash Wednesday isn't obscure.
The Ariel poems aren't obscure if you aren't an idiot.
The 4 quartets are very straightforward.

Just because you didn't understand the waste lands doesn't mean you should write off all of his poetry.
>>
>>7686416
Maybe you should stick with Poe and Ginsburg lad.
>>
>>7686589
WOAH BACK THE FUCK UP

poe does not deserve to be ginsburg'ed
>>
the sweeney poems (and play) are my favorite
>>
I think about Profrock just about every time I sit down to write anything

pleb
>>
>>7686592
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's bad. Just that he's easily understood.
>>
>>7686596
To me it's almost a perfect poem.
>>
>>7686596
Prufrock is my mantra, man!
>>
>>7686416
Let me guess. You read each poem once, didn't understand, gave up and moved to the next one.
>>
>>7686607
>>7686611
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the shit-posts of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
>>
>>> r/slampoetry
>>
>>7686607
It's not even first rate, forget perfect.
>>
>>7686592
both of those poets suck
>>
Is it wrong that I like Ginsberg? I don't think he's the greatest, but I like some of his works.
>>
>>7686416
True intelligence is being able to convey an idea with accuracy and certainty to a wide variety of people. Say what you want, but you know it's true. So these 'pretentious' people are actually idiots!
>>
>>7686692
Good thing T. S. Eliot was able to do that.
>>
>>7686683
people shit on good writers sometimes. people are annoyed by Ginsburg but there's a world between him and the sci-fi some people read. Don't let people shittalk Kerouac either: they're wrong.
>>
>>7686692
Actually true intelligence is being really good at solving puzzles and things like that
>>
>>7686712
>being this pleb
>>
>>7686692
That's true plebtelligence. Writing is the only artform where complexity is looked down upon because every retard who graduated from high school thinks their opinion on it matters.
>>
>>7686714
Actually it is someone with vast knowledg, and if you can't share said knowledge it all of sudden doesn't really mean much, especially with humans who love to share.
>>
>>7686758
Actually complexity in art aka 'literature' is the only medium where it is not looked down upon for the fact that a pretensious price of work can be hard to understand but extremely satisfying to read. I'll have you know explaing subjects in laments terms is a skill.
>>
>>7686416
THE platitude about modern poetry + faggot & virgin.

You da man, OP!
>>
>>7686758
>he doesn't know about six different types of intelligences
lmaoing @ your life
>>
File: the-waste-land.jpg (2MB, 5400x7200px) Image search: [Google]
the-waste-land.jpg
2MB, 5400x7200px
if you cannot assimilate the canonical refrences in The Waste Land into one wholistic experience you might as well quit reading while you're ahead t b h
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.