[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, I've recently read Mary Shelleys Frankenstein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Hey /lit/,
I've recently read Mary Shelleys Frankenstein (1918 edition) and now have to write an Research Paper about anything in the book but I can't think of any good questions/topics/theses. Can anyone of you help me?
>>
>>7685509
If you hope to be an English major you have to learn to do this yourself.
>>
Really? You can't think of a single thing in fucking Frankenstein to write about?
>>
Write about how Frankenstein is garbage because it was written by a woman
>>
Dude...Frankenstein is Themes: the book
>>
>>7685509
>creature facing its creator, something man can't do with god
>diversity/uniqueness
>need for a partner
>>
What the others have said so far is true.

One concept I came across when studying Frankenstein that I liked is viewing the text as a sort of Frankenstein's monster in itself in that it relies so heavily on literary allusion, it is almost like a work comprised of piecing together other works like the monster is pieced together. The entire thing is generally an homage to both Paradise Lost and Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. It also alludes heavily to the Greek myths of Prometheus as well as Percy Shelley's Prometheus Unbound (the alternate title is, after all, The Modern Prometheus). Allusions to The Sorrows of Young Werther and Plutarch's Lives are also significant.
>>
>>7686818
Oh and one entire chapter, and the beginning of the next if I remember correctly (chapters 10-11 or somwhere thereabouts) are a blatant prose retelling of Percy Shelley's poem Mont Blanc.
>>
File: implying.jpg (61KB, 465x539px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
61KB, 465x539px
>>7685515
but her husband wrote it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.