[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-boring books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (60KB, 383x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 383x484px
I wanna start reading more but every time I do, I end up getting bored and inadvertently quitting before I'm 1/4 of the way through. I'd like some recs for books that are not boring, preferably fiction. Violence and sci-fi are pluses. I enjoyed the Ender's Game series as a teenager. No verbosity and unnecessary length please.
Also please don't dump a huge list. I wanna be able to look into your suggestions and see if they look worth buying and not have it take a day to do so.
Thanks in advance and sorry if there was a needy or demanding tone.
>>
go to the fucking wiki you pleb
>>
>>7685069
I don't know anything about a wiki.
It should go without saying, but eat a dick.
>>
>>7685066
Either Justine or Juliette by D.A.F De Sade.

They contain a lot of rape and violence.
>>
>>7685073
I eat them on the daily. Read the sticky idiot
>>
>>7685082
Thanks.
This is from the wiki page on the first one of those.
"it was written in the classical style (which was fashionable at the time), with much verbose and metaphorical description."
I'm not looking for something difficult to read, that I'll have to constantly reference a dictionary to understand. The rape and violence is interesting but the fact that it's verbose on top of being originally written in a language I don't read makes it seem like something I wouldn't get through.
>>
>>7685102
I read it. That wiki doesn't tell me which of those books aren't boring though.
>>
Blood Meridian - Cormac Mccarthy
The Saga of the Volsungs
A Brief History of Seven Killings - Marlon James
>>
File: 1386305533656.jpg (61KB, 506x550px) Image search: [Google]
1386305533656.jpg
61KB, 506x550px
>>7685066
>inadvertently quitting
>>
>>7685125
That's what I'm talking about. These look cool. Thanks.
>>7685127
I'll be reading it consistently for a few days then stop I guess I could pick it up again but I don't like coming back to stuff after a long period of time.
>>
>>7685117
A book is not per se boring. Only the boring people can look at a book and say as such. A creative intelligent interesting individual can find something worthwhile in any book.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.