[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible spoilers ahead: So today we were analyzing Huck Finn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (45KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 540x764px
Possible spoilers ahead:
So today we were analyzing Huck Finn for satire, and we were talking about the chapter where Huck is trying to trick Jim into thinking that Jim dreamt Huck being separated in the fog. My teacher said that Jim knew Huck was tricking him the whole time and that he was just playing along by interpreting the dream and acting fooled. I always thought that Jim was actually fooled until the end. Am I right, or have I been reading this book wrong the whole time?

>inb4 underage. I'm 18
>>
What logical basis does she have for that? Jim's a stupid nigger and is always sincere, why would you assume that?
>>
>>7683150
that picture is a jumble of different forms of nihilism
>>
>>7683150
>knowledge is not possible and some aspects of reality do not exist as such
I consider myself fairly nihilistic, but i've never understood what they mean by this.
Is it descartian or because of observational bias or what?
>>
shit album desu senpai
>>
>>7683566

This. Your teacher is a hack fraud
>>
>>7683698
>>7683566
Well that's good. I was almost certain that the teacher was wrong. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being completely retarded.
>>
>>7683566
Jim isn't "always sincere" and he is probably one of the smarter characters of the novel.
>>
>>7683566
The book literally ends with Jim admitting he lied to Huck about his father
>>
>>7683779
Yea, but in this situation I would say that Jim wasn't acting. I'd say he was genuinely fooled and then hurt by Huck
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.