[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books you enjoy but others may not have read.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 214805.jpg (54KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
214805.jpg
54KB, 317x475px
What are some books you've picked up, read but don't often see discussed.

Pic related is a book about a court dwarf in the 15th century. I know others have read it and I'd like to see what they think about it.
>>
>>7682948
Seriously one of my favourite books. Pär Lagerkvist is tied with Hjalmar Söderberg for best Swedish authors imo.
>>
Great book.
>>
>>7682961
And Dagerman!
>>
>>
>>7683446
I see this is the new meme, I promise that nobody hear has actually read it
>>
The Tin Drum -Gunter Grass
I finished it last month, and really enjoyed it, but I've literally never seen it posted or referred to on here except by me.
>>
The Dwarf is a great book, OP. I, personally, really like The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley. It is a fun, lighthearted, and easy read, focusing on a bygone era in American history.
>>
>>7684193
Can't find it to read.
>>
Any clues as to where I can find The Dwarf? Summary sounds great.
>>
Was I really the only person made slightly uncomfortable by this idea that ‘dwarves’ are some sort different non-human species and representing all the evil inside all of us?
>>
>>7684197
I had that book. I had a beautiful old edition with red pages, and I stupidly gave it to my gf because she was Polish and it took place in Poland a bit. She broke up with me and I never got it back... fuck.
>>
>>7684197
Great novel! A very nice movie adaption was made, too (too bad it only covers the first half of the novel, though).
>>
>>7684220
http://www.amazon.com/Dwarf-Par-Lagerkvist/dp/0374521352/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455160442&sr=8-1&keywords=the+dwarf
>>
>>7684261
>Was I really the only person made slightly uncomfortable by this idea that ‘dwarves’ are some sort different non-human species and representing all the evil inside all of us?
just think of them like gingers, who are born without souls
>>
>>7684330
Wow you watch south park 2 huh ;) whats ur fav ep? haha
>>
>>7684280
Trash movie.
>>
>>7684459

It was pretty hot though, not gonna lie I jacked it to it
>>
Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis.
Used to be very popular but not anymore.

Asylum by William Seabrook
Gonzo journalism before Hunter S Thompson. I really good read about a man who tries to cure alcoholism by entering an insane asylum.
>>
>>7682948
Great book and great author. Read some more if you haven't. Barabas is amazing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.