[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ereaders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: tmp_2978-kobo_logo929810887.jpg (352KB, 3825x2491px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2978-kobo_logo929810887.jpg
352KB, 3825x2491px
Hey /lit/izens, I've recently been looking at ereaders and I realized that all of the ebooks I've seen have been more expensive than physical copies of said book.. Is this common? Am I just seeing some more expensive authors? Also is the a noticable difference between kindle and kobo prices? Inb4 piracy
>>
File: oTU0mD9.png (154KB, 677x560px) Image search: [Google]
oTU0mD9.png
154KB, 677x560px
wot
>>
>>7682569
Pretty much every kindle e-book is cheaper or significantly cheaper than its print counterpart. The whole selling point of ebooks is how cheap and portable they are compared to print books.
>>
>>7682569
There is no inb4 piracy. If you buy digital books you are as stupid as people who buy individual songs on iTunes. Amazon sets prices high, and there was just a huge court case between Amazon and publishers and authors regarding this. Buy your kindle and pirate books, pretend it's a library of the Internet.
>>
>>7682569
Literally every e-book is free
>>
File: capture.jpg (10KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
10KB, 125x110px
>buying e-books
>buying any electronic media
>>
>>7682569
There already is a thread you fucking retarded piece of shit.

Buy a Paperwhite and fuck off.
>>
>>7683368
This is true. Digital media is just one of those things where buying it makes much less sense than taking it. I'm still all for buying physical books, because they're nice, but there's literally no reason to buy a digital book 99% of the time other than "supporting the author" which doesn't even matter if they're dead or in print.
>>
File: lolbama.jpg (13KB, 350x288px) Image search: [Google]
lolbama.jpg
13KB, 350x288px
>>7683401
>being this angry
>>
what ereader is lit approved?
>>
My old kindle just broke and I need a new ereader. What's the best and cheapest one currently on the market which I can use for reading pirated ebooks. Do any of them have any DRM type shit I should be wary of?
>>
>>7682569
In my experience they aren't. But you should pirate at least all the dead authors, who should make up >75% of what you read.
>>
>>7683397
this, it's our duty to hasten the arrival by post-scarcity by not creating artificial scarcity where there is none. books want to be free.
>>
>>7685322
The cheapest should be the basic kindle.
>>
File: 6.jpg (17KB, 337x313px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
17KB, 337x313px
>>7685322
>the best and cheapest one
>>
>>7683185
Given the ready availability of secondhand books I'd say ebooks are pretty stupidly priced.
>>
>>7685333
sad we live in a capitalist society which demands people to make money for their efforts, or die. also, books dont want shit, they're books
>>
>>7685504
That's why it up to us to decrease the domain of capitalism. By never buying what we can get for free we are already forcing the market towards new models. Borrowing and sharing and duplicating and spreading all contribute to this.
>>
>>7685476
Pretty obviously I meant the best quality to price ratio
>>
>>7685322

it's either amazon or kobo, boyo

mobi vs. epub though neither should really give you much trouble if you use calibre
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.