[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ Probably the wrong place to post this but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: roberthunter-2.png (365KB, 470x461px) Image search: [Google]
roberthunter-2.png
365KB, 470x461px
Hey /lit/
Probably the wrong place to post this but it's 1am and I need some help with my writing skills for a valentines day letter. I'll comment it on this thread so you can choose if you want to see my bad writing or not.

-My boyfriend will be away on holiday with some of his friends for valentines day and i'm going to give this letter for his friend to place on his bed on the day.
-I haven't told him I love him yet, and I know he won't say it first because he's pretty shy.
-He loves soppy/romantic shit, but I think less is more and want to avoid cliches.

Please help.

Thanks.
>>
"Scott.
You're an ocean away right now and I probably already miss you but I hope you're having a good time and that somebody spoons you tonight.

Not even a minute ago, you told me that you’re glad that we've never had a phone call, in case you'd slip out an “I love you”. I let you know that i've had to restrain myself at moments, too. I’m unsure of your reasons of restraint but I’ve been certain of mine.

You then called me right after, and I imagined to answer and have you tell me you love me. With this meant that i’d have to give you a response. I didn’t answer your call, only to receive a voice message. I asked myself If I really wanted to hear it. I wanted to. It turned out to be you wheeling a wheely bin. I wasn’t disappointed, it was funny.

Why didn’t answer a call yet I played a message is exactly why i’ve been biting my tongue every time you’ve made me feel like
>>(insert romantic thing that isn’t cliche here).
I have told you countless times that I have been worried about if we’re both on the same page. I don’t want to spend this relationship feeling how I felt on the mattress next to yours.
I’m terrified of being hurt but i’m more scared of losing you. I love you, Scott. I love you, painfully.

>>unsure if I want to add this bit, and stuff like it.
I fail to find fault in you or tire of our time together. You grow on me every day, yet I constantly want more.

>>Will finish with.
Happy valentines day, and I hope that we can make up for this next year with another.
M"
>>
File: kMkHc.jpg (171KB, 750x971px) Image search: [Google]
kMkHc.jpg
171KB, 750x971px
>>7682326
That's too long and calling someone an ocean is rude
Take pic related for some inspiration
>>
>>7682323
Shakespeare's Sonnets are hokey romantic crap, pull themes from them, flip them into prose, and modernize them.
>>
>>7682326
that is a whole lot of cringe. start over, and don't write anything instead.
>>
>>>/adv/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/b/

this is a literature discussion board
>>
>>7682340
Usually I agree but not only is it seasonally relevant, but the writing of love letters is definitely a form of literature, long standing. Shit, 3/4 of Lord Byron's total output was poetry and letters to broads he wanted to split.
>>
>>7682323
>Probably the wrong place to post
Do your own lovework, kiddo.
>>
>>7682323
I have been on a date once with a girl. we had dinner and went for a short walk. going on a day three days after valentines day. how the fuck am I going to write a valentines day letter with so little experience of her for sunday?
>>
Just give him a blowjob
>>
His friends are going to make fun of him. They are on vacation, let him have fun. Give him the letter before or after. Or any other time, Valentine's day is dumb and I feel that a love letter would be more appreciated when it's not on some bullshit holiday, where it is expected.
That's my opinion anyways.
>>
>>7682368
http://users.telenet.be/gaston.d.haese/byron.html

Married here. I wrote my wife a couple of poems at the beginning of our relationship and she is still talking about them 10 years later, framed them, whatever.

Just use classical themes and dont go too deep, like dropping the L word or saying you want anal.

>>7682371
This

>>7682372
Normies and non contrarians value valentines day. If OP wanted to sperg out she/he could write a letter saying "Valentines day is owned by Hallmark, so expect a letter at a later date"
>>
Jean-Paul Sartre to Simone de Beauvoir:

My dear little girl

For a long time I’ve been wanting to write to you in the evening after one of those outings with friends that I will soon be describing in “A Defeat,” the kind when the world is ours. I wanted to bring you my conqueror’s joy and lay it at your feet, as they did in the Age of the Sun King. And then, tired out by all the shouting, I always simply went to bed. Today I’m doing it to feel the pleasure you don’t yet know, of turning abruptly from friendship to love, from strength to tenderness. Tonight I love you in a way that you have not known in me: I am neither worn down by travels nor wrapped up in the desire for your presence. I am mastering my love for you and turning it inwards as a constituent element of myself. This happens much more often than I admit to you, but seldom when I’m writing to you. Try to understand me: I love you while paying attention to external things. At Toulouse I simply loved you. Tonight I love you on a spring evening. I love you with the window open. You are mine, and things are mine, and my love alters the things around me and the things around me alter my love.

My dear little girl, as I’ve told you, what you’re lacking is friendship. But now is the time for more practical advice. Couldn’t you find a woman friend? How can Toulouse fail to contain one intelligent young woman worthy of you*? But you wouldn’t have to love her. Alas, you’re always ready to give your love, it’s the easiest thing to get from you. I’m not talking about your love for me, which is well beyond that, but you are lavish with little secondary loves, like that night in Thiviers when you loved that peasant walking downhill in the dark, whistling away, who turned out to be me. Get to know the feeling, free of tenderness, that comes from being two. It’s hard, because all friendship, even between two red-blooded men, has its moments of love. I have only to console my grieving friend to love him; it’s a feeling easily weakened and distorted. But you’re capable of it, and you must experience it. And so, despite your fleeting misanthropy, have you imagined what a lovely adventure it would be to search Toulouse for a woman who would be worthy of you and whom you wouldn’t be in love with? Don’t bother with the physical side or the social situation. And search honestly. And if you find nothing, turn Henri Pons, whom you scarcely love anymore, into a friend.

[…]

I love you with all my heart and soul.
>>
>>7682323
>My boyfriend will be away on holiday with some of his friends for valentines day and i'm going to give this letter for his friend to place on his bed on the day.
>I haven't told him I love him yet, and I know he won't say it first because he's pretty shy.

Seriously, what is wrong with people? I know it's somehow the new normal, but how on earth do you get to the boyfriend/girlfriend stage without a preceding declaration of love? It just seems utterly odd to me. You mean to say that you have actually snogged this chap, most likely even shagged him, perhaps for some time, without any accompanying exploration or revelation of emotional/spiritual/affective hinterland? It just seems so strange to me, sorry. I've had deeper and less awkward conversations with strangers on the bus than in your love letter. I've made more spontaneous, heartfelt and unrestrained declarations of love to my bookseller. I'm not even joking. Is this an American thing? Or a millennial thing? Good grief!
>>
>>7682375
I will think about it. I was considering just writing m83 lyrics in the card in the flowers if i come up bunk.

A shiver of want, always
When you are on the tip of my tongue
In the back of your parked car
I could build a fort
And play all day
Between your lips and mine
Let's stay here forever"
>>
>>7682429
While I admire your idealism, I have found in my dating life that women have become jaded with guys dropping "i love you" to get in the sack. A declaration of mutual attraction and like, and a declaration of monogamy is a safe and cautious path on the way to love.

That said, I always wanted a "love at first sight" whirlwind. But it doesnt really happen except maybe in highschool

>millennial thing
>implying a statement of "going steady" or wearing a letter jacket or a formal courting didnt precede romance historically.

We arent all living lives of early 19th century pre-victorian French romantics.
>>
>>7682347
then discuss BYRON'S love letters faggot
>>
>>7682446
I'm not gonna dance for you or write a tl;dr post that no one gives a fuck about. Suck my cock.

Why dont you contribute rather than being a board policeman.
>>
>>7682446
Just hide the thread mate. It's not taking up any needed room on a board this slow. It just pushed some dead thread from the bottom of the catalog.
It's relevant enough.
>>
>>7682443
that shit will make you try to an hero.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.