[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you read two books at the same time. Is it ok with a fictional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1452705878869.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1452705878869.png
103KB, 624x434px
Do you read two books at the same time. Is it ok with a fictional book an a non-fictional one?
>>
typically ill have an easy-reading book alongside a harder book

examples of recent easy reads: ham on rye, breakfast of champions, a room of one's own

examples of recent hard reads: capital in the twenty-first century, the myth of sisyphus, the ambassadors
>>
>>7682222
I generally go through phases of balancing multiple books at once to dedicating myself to one singular title. It just depends on the situation. Do what feels right.
>>
>>7682222 (√)

My only principle is to not read more than one at a time from the same author or books that are too similar. Also I generally keep it to just one or two at a time.
>>
>>7682237
>>7682237
>typically ill have an easy-reading book alongside a harder book

This, though I do typically try to read the hard book by itself at first. Currently I'm reading a massive history of India, and I got a little burned out on that so I'm reading a biography of Catharine the Great alongside it.

I must have read 15 or so books along with Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
>>
Used to read a fiction book and a history book at the same time. I found I was more interested in one than the other and my focus on the other suffered.
Noe I just read one at a time. The exception is that I read a few chapters of the bible every night.
>>
I'm a Swede and more proficient in Swedish than english so what I typically do is I read pleb stuff or easy classics such as Orwell in English to improve glossary and spelling etc and simulatiniously I read some canonical stuff in Swedish
>>
>>7682222
Yes, I usually have a novel and a philosophy book going.
>>
I read the Bible every day of my life along with another book, does the count?
>>
I usually read a comic at the same time as a book
>>
>>7682472
>>7682430
>2016
>worshiping a dead kike on a stick.
>>
File: BX8jBbfCMAAsPaL.jpg (27KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
BX8jBbfCMAAsPaL.jpg
27KB, 599x337px
>>7682533
>>
>>7682533
>having to believe everything you read
>>
File: 1454629909363.jpg (68KB, 645x444px) Image search: [Google]
1454629909363.jpg
68KB, 645x444px
>>7682568
christfags always amuse me
>>
>>7682533
The Bible is one of those books that is so tedious and boring, reading a little bit everyday is the only way to finish it.
>>
>>7683065
The Franks were Christians.
>>
>>7683075
Only after Shlomo Charlemagne Shekelstein took over.
>>
>>7683090
There are earlier Christians but generally Clovis the First, who died more than 300 years before Charlemagne was born, is credited with the Frank's conversion to Christianity.
>>
>>7682433
I do this too, but don't you call Orwell pleb.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.