[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about Meditations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: MeditationsMarcusAurelius1811.jpg (312KB, 783x642px) Image search: [Google]
MeditationsMarcusAurelius1811.jpg
312KB, 783x642px
I like it a lot. Some of the advice given is still very useful, especially the passages pertaining to seizing the day, living life to the fullest, and being a man. I sometimes read some verses before doing something I am trepidatious about.
>>
>>7679833
I got more out of the Tao te ching desu, but it was useful for those of us with generalized anxiety.
>>
>>7679833
I read it, I honestly don't think there's anything to gain from it that you can't just wikiquote. The only stuff you miss is in no way applicable to you. I'd go as far to say that it's only around because it makes neat quotes for Reddit.
>>
Well I bought it in February of 2015 after seeing it mentioned in the School of Life video on Stoicsim.

It got ruined by the rain in May of 2015, after I'd finished it. (I carried it around in my backpack to make myself feel better whenever).

After putting it off, I decided to order a new copy in August. I get the book, but don't read it.

I end up giving it to my aunt's close friend, as I saw she needed it more than I did.

She posts quotes from it on Facebook, and messages me with mentions of the book. I guess it's a really powerful book judging by its ability to make people feel better.

I like it a lot.
>>
>>7679833

that reminds me... I gotta start rereading it sometime, it's one of those books that you can keep around and read a little bit here, a little bit there. One of my favorite books, it's really dense in wisdom, compiled from his journal entries I think, so there's no real structure to the chapters
>>
>>7679833
It's a work with incredibly valuable ideas which can help in times of stress, but it's also very easy to read and understand, and I'm sure some people dislike it just for that reason.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.