[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night I finished reading this. It completely blew me away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Blood-Meridian-cover.jpg (99KB, 700x436px) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Meridian-cover.jpg
99KB, 700x436px
Last night I finished reading this. It completely blew me away and I'd say it's definitely one of my favorite books now.

I'm slowly making my way through the /lit/ recommended list. I know that Suttree is on it but I need more McCarthy. The film adaption of No Country is fucking god-tier but I've heard some say it's one of his weaker books?

In your opinion, which of his books are worth my time? I'll probably read them all at some point but I have a ton on my to-read list as it stands now.
>>
take this pleb shit back to r/books
>>
My objective McCarthy rankings

1. Blood Meridian
2. Suttree
3. The Crossing
4. All the Pretty Horses
5. Child of God
6. Outer Dark
7. The Sunset Limited (play)
8. The Road
9. No Country for Old Men
10. The Orchard Keeper
11. Cities of the Plain

I haven't read The Stonemason, The Counsellor or The Gardner's Son (stage play and two screenplays)
>>
>>7679334
>falling for the mccarthy meme this hard
>>
>>7679323
>>7679338
You are the same person and this can be known from the post number

Fuck off back to your campus so you can hold your book covers up as girls walk by

They're never going to ask you what you're reading btw
>>
>>7679341
>You are the same person and this can be known from the post number
and the sky is blue. any other keen insights for us sherlock?

>Fuck off back to your campus so you can hold your book covers up as girls walk by

>projecting this hard

>They're never going to ask you what you're reading btw

>implying

but, grats, just cause someone calls out your favorite pseudointellectual drivel hack author for what it is means you immediately respond with unrelated ad hominems. as expected from a mccarthyfag.
>>
>>7679346
shitposter, go fag up some other board
>>
>>7679346
Your bait is so shit it actually gets replies, that's how bad you are at baiting.
>>
>>7679351
you get even more butthurt than the dfw posters, and that's saying something
>>
McCarthy fags getting BTFO in this here thread.

Top kek.
>>
>>7679346
I have a fun game for you, anon. A real useful trick

If your response to someone contains the word "projecting" and you aren't using it ironically (that basically means as a joke) then you are probably better off putting your head in front of a speeding bus
>>
File: ffprig.jpg (40KB, 553x552px) Image search: [Google]
ffprig.jpg
40KB, 553x552px
>>7679338
>>7679341
>>7679346
>>7679351
>>7679352
>>7679353
>>7679356
>>7679358
>>
>>7679369
sHut the FUCK up I will WASTE you motherfucker
>>
>>7679369
BABY WANT TENDIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: moonstar feels.png (107KB, 237x256px) Image search: [Google]
moonstar feels.png
107KB, 237x256px
OP here, why cant we have nice things?
>>
>>7679430
try posting about a non shit author
>>
>>7679430
Try posting a worse author, good ones get shit on here
>>
>>7679430
Try posting a mediocre order
>>
>>7679430
Try not posting any authors
>>
File: cormacMcCDerekShaptonAP372.jpg (21KB, 372x192px) Image search: [Google]
cormacMcCDerekShaptonAP372.jpg
21KB, 372x192px
>His list of those whom he calls the “good writers”...precludes anyone who doesn’t “deal with issues of life and death.” Proust and Henry James don’t make the cut. “I don’t understand them," he says.
>>
>Actually falling for the Corncob "Tortillas" YeCarthy meme
RIP in pieces anon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.