[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a literary noob and picked up pic related last week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: lit.jpg (23KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
lit.jpg
23KB, 267x400px
I'm a literary noob and picked up pic related last week for eight dollars. Is it just a meme to say that you need to read a book in it's native language? Obviously if you can read Russian then that's the better way to go, but who the fuck actually reads Russian?
At the same time part of me feels like I won't be getting the most out of this novel if I read it in English.
>>
I watched a shitty documentary about the now defunct Barnes museum. Someone said that Cezanne was worth like half a billion dollars.
>>
>>7677796
I don't understand what you're saying. If it's a reference to the book I haven't read it yet.
>>
>>7677801
>>7677796
He posted in the wrong thread or something. You don't have to read the novel in Russian unless you really want to study their styles/try and translate some parts yourself. The translation makes a difference though, which one do you have?
>>
>>7677794
I wouldn't suggest starting with Karamazov if you're a novece in lit
Pick up some classics like Gatsby or Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>7679040
fuck
*novice
>>
>>7677794
I'm actually heard of Russian being a very poor language and primitive in comparison to that in English. Which obviously means that you definitely don't have to learn it in order to read it later on in its original shit-language. Moreover, in English it should be read even better.
>>
>>7679065

Well, you certainly sound like an authority on English and language in general with that post.
>>
File: the-card-players-1892.jpg (246KB, 1161x858px) Image search: [Google]
the-card-players-1892.jpg
246KB, 1161x858px
>>7677801
>>7678729

>Being philistines in the age of Google

He's talking about Cezanne, the artist who painted the artwork used in the cover.
>>
are you autistic?
>>
>worrying about such silly things
and that's why your a literary noob
>>
>>7679065
>Shakespeare is much better in German

Holy kek.
>>
>>7679097
Well, you certainly sound like a retard
>>
>>7679111
that is correct, german is a little bit better than english
>>
>>7679120
Yeah, maybe if you're a retard.

Get off the internet, Norbert Kentrup, you're drunk.
>>
>>7679112

Good post, really supports your point and adds to the discussion.

Seriously, on what do you base this >>7679065 inanity, in particular since you obviously aren't on top of English in the first place?
>>
>>7679128
>aren't on top of English in the first place
What the fuck did you just say about my English? Did you know that your mom has sucked my penis recently and i had a great deal of pleasure by doing so to her?
>>
>>7679140

*record scratch*
Let's rewind a little, shall we?
>>7679065
>I'm actually heard of Russian
>primitive in comparison to that in English
>in English it should be read even better
>>
>>7679187
and? what part of it you didn't understand?
>>
>>7678729
>>7677801
I'm legitimately surprised there are two people ok this board who don't know Cezanne is.
>>
>>7679209

Never said anything about it not being understandable. It's really poor English and doesn't do anything to support its ridiculous claim.
>>
>>7679240

And, accordingly, the combination of the two (incompetent English, along with comparing the overall goodness of English and another language) meant the post was just begging to be called out.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.