[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diary of a Wimpy Kid General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: delete.jpg (29KB, 274x400px) Image search: [Google]
delete.jpg
29KB, 274x400px
Thought this series of novels required its own general. What exactly do you think inspires Greg Heffley to go on? What is his underlying, intrinsic motivation? Is his cognizant of his perception of a wimpy kid stereotype? He is acutely aware of his journal's existence, but is he aware that it's known as "Diary of a Wimpy Kid?" Does this cognizance encourage him to become a better person? To become a persona more valued?

Diary of a Wimpy Kid general discussion I guess.

What was your favorite book?
>>
>>7676958
I really enjoyed "The Third Wheel" as the events Kinney portrays within are quite relatable and the somewhat postmodern narrative has a near perfect balance of absurdism and realism. It's a modern day Shakespearian comedy of mishaps.
>>
>le over-analyzing children's literature may may
>>
>>7676958
My favourite scene was when he participated in the big swim race, and because of his lack of knowledge regarding the nature of the pop-gun, dove under in fear of the bullet raining back down. No doubt the instinctual motivation to quite literally plunge himself into greater threat in fear of a danger that didn't exist - but he thought existed due to his own fear and ignorance - is a symbol for the modern man's lack of knowledge resulting in further societal and mental danger.
>>
>>7677036
>No doubt the instinctual motivation to quite literally plunge himself into greater threat in fear of a danger that didn't exist - but he thought existed due to his own fear and ignorance - is a symbol for the modern man's lack of knowledge resulting in further societal and mental danger.

No doubt.
>>
desu, I feel that the books went to shit after the second one, but the first two were fantastic imho.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.