[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some good literature with/about homosexuality? Not in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 0106250306.jpg (69KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
0106250306.jpg
69KB, 500x497px
What is some good literature with/about homosexuality?
Not in modern terms. I feel modern day mainstream homosexuality is far too influenced by Freudian thought/anxiety and has become a pop culture 'lifestyle'. I'm referring to actual homosexuality, all of its good and bad sides, positives and negatives as compared to heterosexuality.
>>
start with the greeks
>>
Demian
Narcissus & Goldmund
>>
>actual homosexuality
You were good up until that point anon. There is no "actual" anything on that matter in that sense you are looking for, the very term "homosexuality" can be argued not to be a thing in certain contexts, just because it's older doesn't mean it is "more true". What we have today IS actual homosexuality, just as much as any other forms in which it has developped throughout the world. Each civilization had its own way to deal with sexual behaviour, taboos and norms, ideals of gender, ideals of marriage and what constitutes a home or a family, way to handle jealousy and so on. In some places, even to this day, passive homossexuals are thought as gay, but active ones are not. In some places lesbians were accepted, but gay men not. In some places, it was fine to be a homossexual, but not marriage material. There is wide scope of things to be said on the matter and I certainly don't understand your way to approach this on "positive and negative sides", on what grounds would that even begin.
>>
>>7676925
you have a good point and you're right, I shouldn't have thought about it like that. I suppose I wrote it that way because I can identify as primarily homosexual but I think most of modern day 'gays' are just borrowing facades to compensate for lack of self-worth by being the stereotype of the 'gay guy'.

I guess what I'm trying to refer to is stories of homosexuality without modern day pop culture influence, such as two gay men going to a Lady Gaga concert, or having their girl best friend, or what ever else cliche has become accepted as 'normal' gay behavior. Homosexual relationships are different than heterosexual, in some ways positive, in others very negative. I wanted literature that delved into that more.
>>
>>7676945
There is next to none
You can find historic letters between a nobleman and his butt buddy at best

Literature that does delve into gay shit tends to get incredibly cliche at some level (not to mention shallow) since modern gay relationships ARE cliche

It's like trying to find a story about a black that doesn't at some level focus entirely on their blackness (though you'll have infinitely more luck than with the gays)

It's just hard mate
>>
>>7676904
dis
>David and Jonathan
that shit good too
>>
>>7676896
I forgot De Profundis and the letters of Michaelangelo too.
>>
Nabokov - Pale Fire
>>
>>7676896
>Not in modern terms

Homosexuality is a modern construct.
>>
Gravity's Rainbow has a lot of homosexuality in it
>>
File: 2574850.jpg (24KB, 200x298px) Image search: [Google]
2574850.jpg
24KB, 200x298px
>>7676896
>>
The city and the pillar
>>
>>7676896
>modern day mainstream homosexuality is far too influenced by Freudian thought/anxiety

Too much of this is true. In too many differing subcultures.

I'd honestly suggest looking at some ancient old ass literature and poetry in this case because anything after Freud is going to have some "You're only like X because your mother." bullshit. Maybe Greek or Babylonian style.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.