[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on naked lunch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: naked brunch.jpg (31KB, 231x346px) Image search: [Google]
naked brunch.jpg
31KB, 231x346px
thoughts on naked lunch?
>>
>>7676732
I can think of at least two things wrong with that title.
>>
shit, desu
>>
The quirky adventures of le edgy beat gayman
>>
>>7676732
A fun rompus but does not deserve the praise it gets
>>
does anyone else think the prose in this book is really interesting? the edgelord stuff is kind of annoying (although its passable due to its age imo) but Burroughs can really lay down some diction+syntax
>>
>>7676959
Where do people praise it? I doubt I've ever seen a positive comment here.
>>
I love it shamelessly for all the buttfucking
>>
>>7676732
Loved this book when I was 15, abhorred it at 25.
>>
Fear and Loathing for shitty gay pretentious people
>>
>>7676972
Agreed. Love the writing, not really a fan of anything else.
>>
>>7677000
>>7676972

Agreed. Burroughs was a master of form in my opinion. He aimed for obscenity for a reason however, and if you dislike that you disagree with the statement of the book rather than the skill with which it was crafted.
>>
a lot of what people miss about this book going past the drugs and the homosexuality and the edge is its about systems of power and control. The removal of the other which allows humanity to systemically contribute to unchecked political power systems
>>
Yeh I get why it's important and respect it but I do not gain enjoyment out of reading it.
>>
I read it in 9th grade (for what reason I cannot remember), and it fucking blew my mind in many different ways. I had never come close to experiencing something that obscene and shocking, I couldn't stop reading it.

I think it did a lot for me, reading it when I did. I learned what books can really be, more than just a story laid out in a linear fashion, but something that can disgust you beyond words, but in a way that draws you in.

I can understand people who wouldn't like it, or people who would say it's "edgy", but at the time it was published, it was incredibly important, pushing the boundaries of what our culture would allow, for probably the last time. It really broke through the last barrier of the nonsense morality committees who would ban books. And for me especially, it broke through all of my notions of what a book could do.
>>
>>7676980
>Where do people praise it? I doubt I've ever seen a positive comment here.
You just implied /lit/ is the only place that talks about literature
Get off your computer for a while my man
>>
>>7676972
I think it was pretty shitty in a lot of places
>>
Why do people care about this book when Tropic of Cancer was published more than twenty years before it?
Is it because it's edgier?
>>
what is wrong with edginess?
>>
didnt like it the first time
enjoyed parts of it the second time

trying to see it as an on-the-run narrative and how agent lee fits into each chapter was fun for me, even if it's not the way it's meant to be read

my favorite parts were junkies being portrayed as international spies, and the professional rivalry relations junkies had with dealers and cops
>>
>>7677213
it's cringey
>>
>>7677213
Unpleasant reminder to the meek that they are unremarkable pussies
>>
excellent
fine content, fine form

>>7678601
this

prime example: >>7678554
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.